245 opiniones

Sage 50cloud

Solución de contabilidad online para pymes

3,8 /5 (245 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!

• Funcionalidades
de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
245 opiniones
Dovid L.
  • Sector: Administración educativa
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

My prefered accounting software

Revisado el 3/6/2021

Puntos a favor

The best thing about Sage 50 is that it is very difficult for anone to make a mess of things. The controls are very tight, ensuring that an ignorant employee cant mess things up.

Desventajas

It is very rigid and stodgy
Most reports cannot be shown across fiscal years. Little ability to customize reports.

Brandon T.
  • Sector: Empaquetado/entrega de mercancía

Sage 50 Review

Revisado el 14/5/2019

Sage has always been helpful through online or phone calls whenever you need them. Find the right consultant for you, and you experience improves.

Puntos a favor

There is alot of things that are already set up for you to just hit the ground running and a lot of items integrated into the system to help small businesses that need a solution but no time to customize a whole system.

Desventajas

Sage 50 allows for minimal customization from their out of the box set up software. This plays as an advantage, but does not allow you to get the information you want in the view you want.

John T.

Good...But A Little Expensive

Revisado el 13/8/2018

I use the Canadian version of the software. I suspect it's basically the same as the American version, except for sales tax and payroll, but I would check a review of that version for any American users.

Puntos a favor

Sage 50 is an easy-to-use piece of accounting software aimed at SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises), and it is one of QuickBooks' major competitors.

It's fairly easy to find people who are familiar with Sage 50. That's a plus for small businesses looking to find an employee or outside service provider to take care of their books.

If you are looking to do the books yourself, Sage 50 is relatively easy to learn. They have thorough tutorials available to walk you through the basics.

Major transactions are grouped together under tabs on the left-hand navigation panel. The various workflows--receivables, payables, inventory and services, employees and payroll, and a 'company' category--are all shown graphically. Each task within a major area is represented as a labeled icon, making it is to start a new transaction from this screen. The 'company' link is a catch-all category, including general journal entries, the chart of accounts and tools for managing your data and accounting tasks.

Virtually every report that a small business could need is available in Sage 50.

Desventajas

I found Sage 50 to be glitchy in the past. I have spent too many hours on hold or on a call with their tech support.

I use the payroll-included version of Sage 50. I also have a support package. In all, that's not competitively priced. If it weren't for the fact that some clients have been using this software for years and are reimbursing me for the cost of the software, I would not be using it. QuickBooks is a better value.

Doug N.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A Great investment for small/medium size businesses

Revisado el 6/4/2021

I love Sage 50. I use it daily and would not go to any other program

Puntos a favor

The ease in use of the program is a major factor for small business people who are not financially savvy. They can use the program without a huge learning curve.

Desventajas

Bank Reconciliation's are not as simple as they could be, which causes a lot of small business people from doing that important task

Martinho H.
  • Sector: Oficina ejecutiva

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

I have been using the sage billing system for several years. I recommend

Revisado el 15/2/2020

It is software that has been with me daily for several years, I'm already in tune with the program, the experience is fantastic

Puntos a favor

Very intuitive, easy to perform everyday tasks , Has very important sales charts, In the main frame we have all the necessary information, we don't need to go around opening several menus.

Desventajas

In my case, I cannot reconcile with my accountant , It is not easy to layout invoices is not a very easy process

Blake B.
  • Sector: Minería y metalurgia

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Good for relatively simple manufacturing businesses

Revisado el 31/8/2020

Good for the first $5M - $10M of a manufacturing business's life, but not excellent to go beyond that. Do yourself a favor and scale your software up as your business grows.

Puntos a favor

Anybody who has used any other accounting software packages will instantly understand Sage 50. It does what it's supposed to -- you can track money in, money out, and all via accrual accouting.

Desventajas

At a certain point, you outgrow it. If you're a relatively simple manufacturing business with only a couple product lines and a couple manufacturing lines, this works for you. Once you start scaling with multiple locations, cost centers, etc., you'll outgrow it.

Terry R.
  • Sector: Diseño

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Horribly Expensive / Lousy Customer Support

Revisado el 13/3/2020

They downloaded the cloud version a few years ago. The first thing it did you erase everything, and I lost everything. Thankfully I had a flash drive backup, but it would only work if I purchased the EXPENSIVE version, which locked me into the EXPENSIVE version from then on.

Puntos a favor

I have used Sage for at least 20 years, going through I don't know how many name changes. Back when it was on a CD I didn't have a problem at all. At one time I had 2 stores and 8 employees. Now I am semi retired and work alone. It has served me well.

Desventajas

Some where along the way THEY decided to upgrade me to a higher level version on the Cloud. I don't want the Cloud. But since they upgraded me to a very costly version, there is no way they can downgrade to a simple version. All I want is the simple Traditional version. In January I had to reinstall the software, which I did. My invoice says this subscription expires 04/04/2021. But they are now billing me $732.95 due 04/06/2020, saying the other invoice is not correct. Their customer support if Horrible, IF they actually ever call you back. And thy aren't there on weekends.

Ken B.
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Horrible customer service

Revisado el 5/1/2021

Our business closed due to COVID-19, we called in November of 2020 to let them know we wouldn't be renewing our subscription for payroll services in 2021 but, needed to figure out how to print out the 4th quarter returns and W-2's. We were advised it wouldn't be a problem but, they had not updated the tax forms for the yearend yet. Today, we got a different answer......SOL, you don't renew your subscription you don't have access to the forms.......after being a customer for over 20 years this is their thank you ~ NOT!

Puntos a favor

Unfortunately, none that I can think of at the moment

Desventajas

Our business closed due to COVID-19 and they won't allow us to access the payroll forms.......after being a customer for over 20 years .......we're SOL........this is their thank you ~ NOT!

Samuel B.
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Good for small business.

Revisado el 9/2/2021

I am pleased with Sage overall.

Puntos a favor

The ability to use Sage for small business as far as daily accounting, accounts payable and receivable is vey good. It offers a lot of other useful applications if you wish to grow.

Desventajas

The initial set up and everyday use can be a little intimidating and aggravation.

Bonnie A.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Software backup headache

Revisado el 29/1/2020

Causes anxiety attacks. I have more negative things to say then I do positive. If you buy the program and upgrade and then downgrade expect to have some sleepless nights.

Puntos a favor

The software is fairly user friendly as far as reports and posting goes.

Desventajas

Every year you have to pay to upgrade to file and if you don't upgrade in the same version. YOU CANNOT open your back up files. Sage does not want to help they want your money. I have paid them thousands of dollars over the past 15 years and now I don't want to use the same expensive software but have downgraded to a affordable version for my little business. The computer I had the version that I could open my old files on crashed during a Microsoft update. Even though I have the backups I phoned sage to see how I could get the software back to open my backups and they told me I have to pay the fee to upgrade. I do use QBO online and much prefer this program and the people their are understanding.

Heidi N.
  • Sector: Logística y cadena de suministro

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Easy to use, nice reports; troubleshooting and updates can be a pain

Revisado el 25/5/2018

I used this software for really basic accounting functions and used a separate CRM and ERP software that I just journaled information from into Sage. It was great for that and for the everyday AP, payroll and GL. Overall I really liked it and it gave me few problems. The issue was that when there was a problem, it was really time-consuming to fix and I often had to bring in outside tech support when Sage couldn't solve the problem, so it cost a lot of extra time and money a few times a year.

Puntos a favor

I loved this program in that it seemed to be made for accountants, unlike some software that seems to be made for non-accountants. There are a lot of great reports to choose from, and each can be easily formatted to whatever file type you need. The payroll is awesome and easy to use.

Desventajas

Updates can sometimes cost you functionality, which can be a real problem if you are in the middle of payroll. Payroll information is only available for the current and previous calendar years, which is tough when you are undergoing an audit or due diligence. Some reports have limited time range parameters, so if you have a fiscal year that doesn't fit into those parameters, it can be annoying to run more than one report and combine the information. Also, there was one formula in the tax functions that didn't provide the correct number for some states, you had to enter it manually, which made us provide incorrect information and pay penalties because of it. I tried to do a data transfer from one company in sage to another, and several files were corrupted and didn't make it over. At one point, I needed to have two companies open at once, and the windows did not title which company was which. I literally had to go into the the menu drop down to figure out which company was which. They looked identical, so it was a real pain.

Amish K.
  • Sector: Filantropía
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Sage 50 Accounting

Revisado el 24/2/2017

Sage 50 Accounting is ideal for the small business that is looking for a comprehensive, customizable core accounting solution that includes: A/P, A/R , well developedBilling, Invoicing, Inventory Management and Financial reporting. Sage 50 Accounting integration with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PDF are some of its other features. Sage 50 Acwell-developed program that is great for the small business to keep their books organized. Sage 50 Accounting recognizes that small businesses may not need some of the more advanced features that some of its higher versions have. This is why Sage 50 features are pretty basic, providing support for tasks such as project management, costing, invoicing, reporting among others.

Easy to Use.
Ease of implementation.
The flexibility of financial reporting.
A functional software for small uncomplicated businesses.
Integration with core Microsoft applications like Excel makes a good product for analytics export into a spreadsheet.

Desventajas

It is very basic. And also does not have many capabilities.
Finding Transactions can be a bit Tricky.
Check printing has its own set of problem.
Need to have a fair level of accounting knowledge to use it correctly.

Randy W.

• Asistencia al cliente

Sage 50 'Quantum' Canadian is very stable but limited. No significant new features for last 4...

Revisado el 12/6/2015

Pros:
- Sage 50 Canadian is very stable, any 'crash' is almost always a hardware or operating system issue.
- Vendor technical support is prompt and helpful.
- Uses a solid 'Enterprise-grade' back end database.
- ODBC is free, and included.
- Free SDK is available.

Cons:
- Response to bugs is to provide work-arounds
- No significant new features since 2011.
- Screen designs are stuck on 1988. Data entry fonts are unusably tiny on modern monitors, and can't be adjusted.
- Features and prior bundled software has been removed, no longer supported, or flat out disabled:
. web store integration,
. Crystal Reports,
. ACT! CRM integration
. Simply HR Manager
- Numerous limitations in the 'Quantum' version to prevent use by all but the smallest companies:
. no transaction reports show purchase order numbers,
. ship-to addresses are limited to 99,
. multiple vendor shipping addresses are not supported at all
. if using multiple 'locations', inventory reports are wrong due to wrong beginning onhand.
. Multiple shipments to / from a single invoice are not supported.
. No way to report on Purchase Order vs invoice purchase amounts or pricing.
. No reports

- Designed for Accountants, not for business operations.
. 'Job Tracking' will record what you put in, but not tell you what to bill out.
. Year end process is unnecessarily convoluted and cumbersome for the business.
. Inventory 'available' isn't displayed during invoicing, only 'On Hand'.
. Only 2 years of sales statistics are tracked - current and prior year. Since current is always opened before the prior year is completed, there is never any point in time where a comparative report is of any use.
. Canned reports are inadequate and can't be customized.
- Time Tracking to Invoicing only works if you never have separate jobs for a single client - and who wouldn't?
- Inventory statistics are broken - Quantities are correct, but adjustments rack up the statistics on number of transactions (one sale, adjusted two times will show as 5 transactions)
- Virtually all inventory, sales, and purchase detail reports show all adjusted and reversed transactions, but don't output any indicator that they are just dead, junk data.
- Few third party software integrations
- Other Sage software does not work with it AT ALL. (Asset tracking, Time & Billing, CRM)

Jason H.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Used to be the standard for small business in Canada, but no longer.

Revisado el 9/6/2017

I have recently discovered Xero and moved my accounting practice to this software. It is so simple with the convenience of being cloud-based. I now recommend Xero to my clients and given its simplicity (yet still very powerful) I can foresee clients taking charge of their own bookkeeping and getting rid of their existing bookkeepers.

Puntos a favor

Sage 50 was the accounting program I used to recommend to all my small business clients. Stable program that has most of the simple functions needed for most small businesses. Most used small business accounting software among my clients and almost all bookkeepers in our area use and have experience working solely with Sage 50.

Desventajas

It's not the most user-friendly program and has a reputation of being difficult for non-bookkeepers and bookkeepers alike to use properly. Sage has been slow to make it more user-friendly and were behind in moving to cloud options. Personal experience is Sage support is very slow to respond to queries.

Sarah D.

It gets the job done!

Revisado el 21/6/2018

The software is pretty self explanatory meaning I don't believe new users would require additional training in order to use the product. I think if they would develop a better adjustment scenario (ie. Journal Entry adjustments) I think this product would rate up there with QuickBooks. This product is definitely worth the look!

Puntos a favor

The customer service at Sage is extremely helpful! I have had to call multiple times, and each and every time they patiently help me through my problem. I think it's great if you have a small to medium sized manufacturing business and want something to keep track of everything.

Desventajas

Comparing the software to QuickBooks, I think there is a lack of efficiency in entering Journal Entries especially when you happen to find a problem that originated in a prior year. Other than that, I think the software is great for recording daily transactions and keeping track of inventory (for small to medium businesses).

Kenatu B.
  • Sector: Software informático

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

My Best Friend

Revisado el 19/1/2018

For all of us who stuck with Peach Tree from back in the day, our time has come. I simply love this application. Its my best friend. As a small business owner I can tell you the ability to have my accounts at my fingertips while I am on the go blows my mind. I am tickled pink. I have to pinch myself. I am able to see my inventory, check prices and stock and give clients discounts and assurances that I can reliably trust in real time. The subscription cost is almost nominal for the value it gives me.

Puntos a favor

Access to my Accounts in real time on my mobile device.
Easy to use and covers all that I need for a small business owner who is the the head cook and bottle washer.
I can process payments and check on outstanding receivables while on the go. check stock and see sales.
the reports are exactly what I need to know to make informed decisions
I can communicate with my customers and suppliers with built in correspondent templates.
based on the information at my finger tips I can have a better relationship with my supply chain and customers.
requires very little setup.

Desventajas

I am sure that I will think of one in the future but for now I am at a loss. the speed could be better when searching a large record set, buts thats on me and my resources.

Jscottu

Sage Peachtree is better...not easier

Revisado el 14/10/2013

I have used both for several years. There is no question that Sage/Peachtree is not as "user-friendly" as Quickbooks...at least for the first month or two. But as you begin to actually understand accounting and your bookkeeping goes on and on you discover some very frightening things about Quickbooks. They put everything onto one, big, gigantic database-unlike almost every other accounting system in the world. That has several disadvantages but the biggest is why quickbooks has a nickname..."slowbooks". If you complain loudly enough they will recommend you "start over" after a year or two by opening a new company for the new year. Their constant ads are something you can live with. But what if you've had quickbooks for 4 or 5 years and you want to put it on another computer because your older computer blew up? Sorry. You'll have to get the latest version. At least with peachtree that is not an issue (if you saved all 3 of the registration numbers needed). My biggest complaint about quickbooks, though, is that it lets you do anything you want. That sounds good for somethings. It's not good for accounting. Peachtree makes it harder to go off track (although you can certainly mess up your peachtree books as well). Another thing I like about peachtree (for me) is that the fonts are bigger and they don't try to put everything on one page. Quickbooks has tiny font but you can certainly see lots of stuff on every page. I really dislike quickbooks reports which also have tiny fonts but that is personal preference.

Puntos a favor

Usually lower in price. It doesn't try to hide the "debits and credits" as much as quickbooks does. In the long run that is a good thing. You will learn real accounting much quicker with peachtree than quickbooks (and you should learn it anyway).

Desventajas

Peachtree is not as popular as quickbooks so there are not as many "3rd party add ons" available. If there is some particular 3rd party add on you need to use and only quickbooks has it then the decision is made for you.

Mj D.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Decent accounting software for small business

Revisado el 27/10/2018

It is good software

Puntos a favor

It is easy to teach a new user how to begin entering transactions. You can set up an assistant to begin entering basic transactions almost immediately. When searching a list (purchases, payments, etc.) of transactions, it is not necessary to have entire name or number. The software will locate the search criteria even if it is just a couple of characters in the middle of a string of text.

Desventajas

Chart of accounts does not have a true hierarchy so you cannot get totals to roll up for sub accounts. It is often tricky to customize a report accurately. Some reports will omit data because it comes from a specific "journal" and there is no way to make the report include all relevant "journals".

Victoria E.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Solid but somewhat limited software

Revisado el 29/8/2019

not interested in continuing to use this software. Not interested in recommending it to others. I have now switched over to different software.

Puntos a favor

Sage50 seems to be created more so for accountants or those with in-depth knowledge of accounting. I have a degree in accounting so I found it extremely easy to use. Most functions are easily located and you can choose a number of them from one screen. The software has very good reports which is an important factor to management. Sage is very similar to another popular accounting software program used by small and medium businesses, so it should be fairly easy for employers to locate employees who have used Sage.

Desventajas

Tends to be glitchy. If you have an issue, it could be very time costly to get the issue resolved. Customer support and the time frame in which it is provided needs improvement. Another negative aspect is the cost as compared to its biggest competitor. Sage is more expensive.

Usuario verificado
  • Sector: Servicios financieros

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Worst experience ever

Revisado el 9/7/2020

I had one call and because the tech rep could not stay on the phone while I did as he asked, he did up a ticket...which he immediately closed. When I called back in they could not / would not reopen that ticket. I got pushed to sales and they would not give me back my one support call. That rep said I could speak with a supervisor, then pushed me back to tech. When I called in, someone took my name for the supervisor to call me back, and that never happened. This is the worst customer service I have seen in years. Meanwhile my newly purchased upgrade, is not doing what it is supposed to. Thanks for nothing Sage!

Puntos a favor

Fine once you get used to it; it is not as user friendly as Quickbooks

Desventajas

Functionality between computers has been a problem and tech did not help; read below

James H.
  • Sector: Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos

• Asistencia al cliente

Major limitations for everything but the most simple operations

Revisado el 20/4/2017

Want to do accounting? Sage 50 will do it almost as well as Quickbooks for a higher cost and with less support. It's also a lot harder to find an accountant that works with Sage and actually knows what they're doing. Want to buy and resell products? Sure, it'll mostly work. Want to use it for manufacturing/assembly? Forget it, Sage 50 can't do it properly and will cost you an incalculable amount in lost time and opportunity. No lot tracking, horrible reporting, no forecasting, only 5 user defined fields (none of which are very useful), no BOM variances, no part revisions allowed, no mass BOM update, etc.

Puntos a favor

Better than chiseling on a stone tablet, though less reliable.

Oh so many things:
Database is SLOW
No user workflows, cannot require approvals, checks, releases, etc.
No ability to limit access to fields, or to require approvals on data entry
Fields are not updatable in table views and require opening a screen for each item to update.
Finding information in Sage is difficult, must search through multiple screens, reports, or excel spreadsheets to find date
Order data exists in many separate views (SO, PO, WO, Invoice) without a single summary view of status.
Sage50 items do not link – a line on a PO, SO, Quote, etc cannot be clicked to bring up the item card. The ID must be memorized and typed into another window, wasting valuable time
Data import/export from/to Sage50 is time consuming and error prone
Document templates are stored locally and must be manually updated per machine on change.
One time use items or BOMs have to be added to part master to never be removed which clutters system, or have to be entered as a description items which severely limits usability.
Cannot open multiple records when reviewing order history (or item cards, POs, Invoices, etc). Can only have one window for each type open at a time.
No system discount levels
Difficult to determine lead times for an assembly, have to start a pseudo work ticket and still can only determine current part availability that doesn't show when on order parts will arrive
Sage can assign a user to a quote, but has no notifications to tell that user when the quote gets converted, updated, etc
No material traceability, or lot tracking
Routings do not exist – cannot track inventory moves from receipt to, inventory, picking, assembly, QA, etc
Sage50 cannot record who received, assembled, tested, shipped, etc
Cannot attach records or files to built items (final inspection reports, pictures, etc)
Purchase planning is almost non-existent.
Parts cannot undergo true revision.
Changing the item ID results in changing entire system history
Rev changes require creation of new ID and BOM update
BOM changes are labor intensive
BOM changes must occur individually and manually each time a part undergoes revision
Variances are not allowed
Cannot swap parts or revisions for a variance BOM, a complete new BOM must be created and all traveler paperwork reprinted
When moving to a new revision, the old revision must remain in the BOM until consumed which results in Sage reporting the need to purchase the old revision instead of the new revision.
Revision changeover must be manually watched and switched at point of consumption
Sage has a field for “Preferred Vendor ID”, but no additional approved suppliers
Single currency only
Sage50 has updates that come out every year, but they only support the previous years version for another 6 months so you're forced into an upgrade if want any semblance of support (though it doesn't really count as support most of the time).

Emily P.
  • Sector: Organización cívica y social

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great product that serves basic accounting functions

Revisado el 1/9/2016

Puntos a favor

This product is a great product for small to medium sized businesses. It allowed us to track over 20 different departments based on the way we structured our chart of accounts. Within those 20 different departments, we were also able to track 7 different expense categories (not accounts, groups of accounts). Reports look nice and are somewhat easy to build. Entering AP invoices does not require you know your debits or credits. Same goes for AR invoicing. Journal entries are simple enough to put in and the general ledger reporting is very clean.

Desventajas

We were limited based on the number of items we wanted to track. In addition to account number, department, and expense category, we were hoping to track school projects, use tax, physicals expenses, location. This forced us to do a lot more reporting in excel than we would have preferred.

Rachel A.
  • Sector: Aerolíneas/aviación

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Good software if you know what you are doing

Revisado el 14/6/2017

Once I became familiar with this software and how to work my way around it, it has remained an integral part of our business accounting. The longer we use it, the more valuable it becomes. The sheer magnitude of accounting and business tracking capabilities is incredible.

Puntos a favor

Sage is regularly updating and improving their software. There are many ways that you can make mistakes, but if you know what you are doing it is generally easy to fix said mistakes. The reports are a life saver when it comes time to do taxes or if I simply need to review something on an account.

Desventajas

You will want at least a very basic accounting knowledge before trying to use this software if you are starting from scratch.

Alicia R.
  • Sector: Construcción

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Works best if you are utilizing all the job features

Revisado el 4/4/2018

Sage has helped us to improve our job costing. The reports can be exported into Excel for further analytics and review.

Puntos a favor

Features work well among eachother. Create PO, Apply to invoice, Inventory, Pay bill. Create your job quote, assign job, bill job, view job costing. I have found we are happier with the program the more we utilize it to its full potential.

Desventajas

Using only certain features is difficult, as the steps in between may be missing to view full reports. It's also pretty ugly and kind of clunky, but it works and does the job. Additionally, it can be difficult to find support online because this is not a popular product.

Jennifer L.
  • Sector: Comercio mayorista

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Basic accounting program with limited customization options

Revisado el 8/2/2018

Cheaper than other larger programs, easy to use and manage.

Puntos a favor

The dashboard feature makes using the software and locating specific functions relatively easy. Invoicing, accounts receivables and accounts payables is straightforward. Program is cheaper than other larger accounting programs.

Desventajas

Inventory management features are very limited, pricing options are limited. Designed really for small, basic use . Limited customization abilities. You now have to upgrade and pay for upgrade every year because it is on cloud. Customer service is horrible, very rarely can solve any problems and wait times are very long.