CosmoLex

4,7 (337)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Software web de gestión de bufetes legales y contabilidad.

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

337 opiniones

Excellent Cloud Based Software

Revisado el 21/12/2018

Puntos a favor

I most like that the accounting software is integrated.

Desventajas

I least like that I cannot create word documents or any documents within the software.

Suresh

Thank you CosmoLex!

Revisado el 1/12/2022

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

Puntos a favor

CosmoLex has provided practice management support for Suresh Law to client our with with their technology, business and real estate law needs.

Desventajas

Plaid integration fails at times and needs resetting for bank feed.

Aaron
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Time to Switch to a New Service

Revisado el 22/3/2021

I regret everyday not simply using Quickbooks and Clio like a lot of other law firms do. We are going to try a demo with a few other products, Abacus and CaseManager, but I really don't think you can go wrong with Quickbooks especially if you want the payroll integrations. We're basically paying twice the price of Clio and other time-management options for accounting software that does not work.

Puntos a favor

We liked that it appeared to have a bunch of services wrapped up into one--time-keeping for billing, accounting software similar to Quickbooks with an automatic feed into our accounts, and email archiving/practice management. The time-keeping component works well although you would think it would be easier to do mixed-fee or alternative fee arrangements given that these are the fastest growing in the legal industry.

Desventajas

The accounting system is a joke. The bank-feed regularly just stops syncing with no notification. We have spent so much time reconciling our books this year as a result of issues that Cosmolex refuses to address claiming its the result of their third-party vendor. We recently needed to transfer a file, and in going to export the emails, we learned that we would need to go into each email, print to PDF, and manually save! When I asked why this wasn't explained in the marketing materials as we would never have used Cosmolex for email storage if we knew that it would require this much work to actually use or access the emails, I was given instructions for how to download the emails from my Outlook account directly. Then why am I paying to use Cosmolex?

Lastly, the customer service has been consistently terrible. The chat function used to be helpful--but it appears they outsource it now, and it's no longer a benefit as the users can only refer you to articles. Additionally, we are constantly being told that they will make changes in response to our feedback (and presumably the feedback of others) but the only changes that have been made in the past few years have made the program less helpful. Where were the increased integrations we were promised? Why can't they figure out the syncing with their vendor?

QuickBooks Online y Clio

Razones para cambiar a CosmoLex

The ability to have accounting and billing in one place.
Lynda

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The staff is really helpful and friendly.

Revisado el 12/7/2017

Three software packages for billing, client accounting and back-end was TOO MUCH!

Puntos a favor

Everything was in one place. I didn't have to generate bills in one package, enter them in another for tracking income, and then pay them in two places as well. It is also great to be able to write a cost check in a case and have the expense "attached" to the client's accounting file/bill in a seamless matter with just an additional click or two. We were promised an easy migration with all the support we needed, and that is what the team at Cosmolex delivered!

Our accountant was also able to access the system for his end of the year work and add all of his journal entires and such and close out the books quickly and easily. The ability for us to generate P&L reports and other important accounting documents literally on demand is also pretty awesome.

But the best part about Cosmolex, by far, is their incredible support team. They have never been stumped, and I've done my best to do just that! Every time I have a question, I get a prompt and complete answer, generally by phone, from one of their support staff who know me and my firm on a first-name basis. I don't think I could be nearly as effective in a dual-role position without this software!

Desventajas

I can't think of anything additional at this point; they have added all MY wishlist items! I think the only thing they could add at this point is a "hotline" 24/7!

Susan

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

CosmoLex does everything needed to keep our firm under control

Revisado el 19/10/2022

We saw the biggest impact in time and billing -- it's easy to mark down the "tiny" slices of time because you are already in the file. Less chance of not documenting phone conversation or expense as you don't have to exit one program to enter into another.

Puntos a favor

Billing/Invoicing/Payment management and Account reconciliation features are what I like best -- easy to stay on top of the flow

Desventajas

I don't have a "least" -- I find CosmoLex easy to use and it does everything I need to keep our office well managed!

Cleo Integration Cloud

Razones para elegir CosmoLex

Our time and billing program became obsolete and just STOPPED working.

Razones para cambiar a CosmoLex

Cost was the biggest factor.
William

Great Product

Revisado el 24/4/2020

My experience with Cosmolex has exceeded my expectations. I did a lot of research on what is out there in the market and Cosmolex came out on top, primarily because of the integrated backend accounting so that I did not have to deal with QuickBooks. Over the last couple of years, using Cosmolex, has been awesome. Being able to keep track of my time with the timer, bulk entry of Timeslips, ease of sending out invoices, invoices with a link to pay electronically, inclusion of law pay as a part of the subscription, etc., etc., etc., are all wonderful parts of the experience.

Puntos a favor

Super easy to use. Billing with a timer, bulk billing (was added after I requested), super responsive customer support/chat, great reports, full back-end accounting

Desventajas

I can often think of new features I would love to see but obviously they cannot add everything I want immediately.

Kristen
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

CosmoLex for Law Firms

Revisado el 25/1/2024

Puntos a favor

CosmoLex is a very helpful software to have in a law firm. It has been perhaps my favorite software throughout the handful of law firms I have worked at. The case management feature is great as is keeping tasks available to see in order to follow up on time-sensitive items.

Desventajas

There really is not much I dislike about CosmoLex.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Cosmolex works well

Revisado el 7/5/2019

I like Cosmolex in most ways better than my old software but Cosmolex could still take some steps to improve the functionality and robustness of the software.

Puntos a favor

I like the online nature of the software and how easy it is to use.

Desventajas

There are some serious deficiencies with the functionality of Cosmolex especially for use in Canada. There are many reports that it won't generate. Trying to deal with GST is extremely difficult.

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Hello - Thank you for your response and candid feedback. There is a full deck of tax reporting as well as Law Society Compliance Reports available for use in the reports section. Our users' experience is our top priority so please reach out to us at support@cosmolex.com to further discuss, or receive assistance in navigating the various reports we provide.

Danny
Danny

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Overall I am very satisfied.

Revisado el 26/4/2019

Puntos a favor

It is Easy to use and has logical organization.

Desventajas

Certain features are very difficult to correct mistakes in, and the existing videos and articles are not helpful to me in resolving.

Deborah
Deborah

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cosmolex was an easy choice

Revisado el 9/10/2017

Puntos a favor

Cosmolex lets me have the bigger picture in one piece of software. I can easily see how my business is doing from the dashboard.

Desventajas

I would like to have a report that shows trends and exports to excel so I could create graph charts. It would also be nice to be able to produce an invoice showing the work put into a fixed fee matter.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

2 Years Wasted

Revisado el 5/1/2022

Cosmolex ended up being a major disappointment. Too many of the supposedly great features turned out to be practically useless. Clients can only upload one document at a time and then only if the name is 64 or less characters. Clients can only download one document at a time. The API is closed so automation is much more difficult and expensive. Email communications cannot be shared through the portal. The platform whereby custom invoices are created/modified is archaic and difficult to use.

Document Integration with OneDrive and integrated billing

Desventajas

The most important components of the software were rendered useless due to lack of most obvious features.

Matthew

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Great for small firms, not so great if scaling up

Revisado el 8/10/2020

We've been using CosmoLex for 2+ years so they haven't scared us away...yet.

We've been using CosmoLex for 2+ years so they haven't scared us away...yet.

Puntos a favor

Client portal is a terrific feature (when working), the ease of time entries is terrific. Very simplistic interface for invoicing and collecting fees. Integration with LawPay is cool.

Desventajas

There's lots of bugs and seemingly easy fixes that get overlooked and/or ignored. The portal will shut down unexpectedly and/or clients cannot access multiple matters without additional email addresses. There is no function for recurring billing (i.e., ongoing or payment plan clients). Customer service is a nightmare to deal with and takes weeks to complete simple tasks.

CARET Legal y Smokeball

Razones para elegir CosmoLex

Easy of use

Software anterior

Zoho CRM

Razones para cambiar a CosmoLex

Overall initial cost per user
Michele

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Overall Review of Product- Our THoughts

Revisado el 26/3/2017

Pros: One program for almost everything.

Cons: No document assembly; you can only link one...

Pros: One program for almost everything.

Cons: No document assembly; you can only link one person to the client portal; glitches in program- the program emailed an invoice to the wrong person; can not email through program; glitch- I had to give access to everyone for everything because the limited access features did not work; customer service is not the best; calandar portion has glitches when it interfaces with gmail and office 365.

Puntos a favor

It is a comprehensive software. Its like having Quickbooks and a practice management program in one. This is the best feature.

Desventajas

Lots of glitches: (a) it emailed an invoice to the wrong person; (b) user restrictions do not work in my office; (c) calendar is not on the main page- usability is difficult for some tasks; (d) you can only have one person assigned to the client portal.

Does not have email capabilities

Does not have document assembly

Does not have automatic assignment of matter numbers.

Limited reporting features- you can not tailor reports (financial)- very limited.

Hi Michele,
We appreciate your feedback related to your experience with CosmoLex. In regards to the issues you are having, please reach out to our support team directly at 732-595-9015 so that they can see first hand the issues you are experiencing, and assist with resolving. I will be entering the requests you have made as well, so that we can keep you up to date on their progress. As an additional note, we will be releasing Document Assembly within the next few months and are always open to hear your suggestions on improving our current reporting. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Laura
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

It is easy to get around the program

Revisado el 7/7/2017

Puntos a favor

I like that it is easy to get around the program and many things are self-explanatory. I also appreciate the tutorials that are available.

Desventajas

1. I sat down with our accountant and went through the chart of accounts - we wanted to erase some of the accounts that we wouldn't be using, but the system prevents it. There are so many similarly named accounts, that I am concerned about how I will make sure I am using the ones that my accountant prefers (as an example, there are at least 3 or 4 options for accounts related to payroll).

2. I don't like that I can't select the option to not allow duplicate checks for our business checking account

3. I don't like that when I click "save and next" when entering checks that the program does not automatically bring up the next check number. I have to hit "save" and then go back in and "add" another transaction in order for that to happen

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Hi Laura. We appreciate your review and feedback. I wanted to take some time to respond to the concerns that you listed

1- Chart of Accounts - While our GL account list is quite flexible, given that we have built-in automated accounting, certain accounts are core to that process and therefore cannot be deleted (fee income, trust funds, reimbursable client costs etc.). In terms of account options, only keep the accounts you wish to use. we offer 4 payroll accounts to cover the various deductions which need to be disbursed.
2- Duplicate checks - you are correct in that our operating accounts do not include the same safeguards as the trust accounts given there is no requirement, however I will enter this request on your behalf.
3- Check Numbers- I assume you are entering manual checks instead of printing them. I do see the issue you are experiencing and will report to our dev team to resolve.

Thanks again for your feedback. Any other questions, please let us know.

Sarah

They are always innovating

Revisado el 9/10/2017

Puntos a favor

I wanted something that combined both the accounting and matter management in one place. What I like the most is the Customer Support. If I'm having a problem with taking a payment from a client, I can get on the phone and have them resolve the issue without delaying the client. I also like that they constantly ask us what other new functions we'd like to see. They are always innovating, and don't "drop" you once they've got your payment.

Desventajas

I wish it would remember matter names and auto-populate that when adding a new client--then i'd like to be able to run reports based on the kinds of matters. I'd also like to be able to bulk mail using our clients' mailing addresses. Finally, I'd like to be able to add in court dates to the matters so that when I run reports, I can filter and organize them according to court dates, rather than client name. I like Cosmolex, but it's clearly set up for civil or other slow-moving firms, and not for traffic, which adds up to 10 clients a day and has many matter subject options.

Alyssa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients...

Revisado el 26/10/2017

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients down from 2-3 days to 2-3 hours.

Puntos a favor

The ability to add charges on the go is a huge plus for the attorney. He can bill his time while in court.

Desventajas

Old client invoices, there needs to be a way to unlock invoices to allow payment on outstanding debt. I've contacted customer service and we had a backdoor way of doing it but the newest update to CL has erased that ability. So now old clients who have no active charges are inconvenienced and must come into the office to pay. Would love to see more functions for old accounts!

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Hi Alyssa. Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure I understand the issue you are having. Bills become locked for edits once a payment is received (which can be lifted), but future payments can still be applied, as long as there is a balance. You can resend old, open invoices which have a balance and then apply a payment to those whether by retainer, check or credit card. It does not matter how old they are. If there is something I am missing, or you have additional information which can assist, please email support@cosmolex.com and we will be happy to look into this further.

Roxann

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

It is very clunky to use.

Revisado el 28/3/2023

I just plain don't like it. I also use Soluno, it is a far better software. You can easily make changes from the screen you are on. The visuals are far simpler as well. Plus it is very Canadian, and outstanding chat service.

Puntos a favor

It is better than PC Law was. Other than that, I would rather not use it.

Desventajas

you can't easily correct or edit entries. There is no clicking on when you are on a journal, you need to leave the screen and go somewhere else. Very time consuming. I also don't like that you can't just "view" reports, everything has to be downloaded and it takes time. When I contacted support as to why there were lines running through my view report, I was told it was a glitch...like really!! I don't find it at all intitutive . The downloading of bank statements for reconciliations is very painful, and quite frankly doesn't work.

Nicholas

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

CosmoLex staff know law and also know accounting.

Revisado el 24/5/2019

Puntos a favor

We simply have not found anything else that integrates true accounting with timekeeping and related legal process workflow. Everything else we've used (I could make a list) fell short in terms of features or else required integration among multiple platforms (at a higher cost).

Desventajas

There is a bug in the reporting of accounts receivable that is causing us problems. We are eager to see that fixed. CosmoLex does not seem to have an internationally focused law practice in mind. We work with clients in 70 countries, in multiple currencies. We struggle a bit to make that work well--there are some hiccups.
Most other issues arise because our knowledge of accounting is poor, so we want to do things that should not be done (from an accounting perspective) or we don't know how to do them. Response time on our requests for help is sometimes slow. Our requests for additional features have not happened.

Mark

CosmoLex Review

Revisado el 21/3/2022

Great.

Great.

Puntos a favor

The accounting features for trust account and integrated credit card processing.

Desventajas

This software has met expectations and performed well. It has done about everything that a small law firm could ask.

PracticePanther Legal Software y Clio
Rebekah

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Made specifically for law firms - cool!

Revisado el 25/1/2017

For many years our firm used a number of different back office software products. For example, we used Easy Trust for trust accounting, Quick Books for financial accounting and payroll, and Timeslips for time and billing. These are all products that run on individual computers. About 3 years ago, the company that produced EasyTrust quit supporting that product. For the last 3 years we have basically been on our own regarding trust accounting. It has worked out okay to date, but at some point we knew that we would encounter an operating system problem or something and we would have had a substantial problem and the program would've stopped working and we would've had no support or help.

Puntos a favor

When we started looking for new trust accounting software, we saw that your product was made specifically for law firms - cool! It also combined trust accounting, financial accounting, time and billing, which was the most appealing aspect. But the fact that Cosmolex is cloud-based, cinched it for us. Because our office manager (who oversees and reconciles the trust accounting -- that is, the software is on her computer) telecommutes from her house. So every time I needed to enter credit card payments, Trust deposits, write checks, etc., I had to drive 3 miles to her house. So being able to do a lot of that work from the office, has been wonderful.

Desventajas

Your product is intimidating! It encompasses several different departments and getting everyone on the same page took (and will continue to take) a good amount of time. But your training videos and free support have really helped us. As a suggestion, perhaps transcribing the training videos might be useful for a quick reference?

Jeanne
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in

Revisado el 2/6/2017

Our former practice management software was outdated and no longer supported by the developer. We were looking for something that would allow us the features we were used to in our personal technologies, such as cloud based storage and usability on multiple platforms, not just desktop PC as our old software required. We've been more than impressed with the bells and whistles, many of which we realize are features we now can't live without!

Puntos a favor

Built in accounting was the biggest deal breaker for our choosing CosmoLex. As the bookkeeper, fed up with our clunky old software, I was looking for a new system that would be a modern and practical take on practice management and CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in. Being cloud based allows us to bill time or check in when out of the office and though we had looked at another program that was cloud based, CosmoLex offered greater flexibility and it looks great, to boot.

Desventajas

Our office would love to see some updates for the calendar and tasks - specifically a central office calendar that is the default view. We are composed of two attorneys and two support staff where we are all working on the same cases. Short of adding each event to four individual calendars it would great to have everything on one sort of "home" calendar where we can all easily view and comment.

Jordan
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Love it!

Revisado el 23/12/2019

I didn't have LMP software before although I did have QuickBooks for awhile. Thus, there is nothing to compare to but it fills the bill for what I need. I think it was thoughtfully designed, and I find it straightforward and easy to use.

Puntos a favor

I have enjoyed the ease of learning and using this software. I like the Dashboard that tells you many useful things at a glance. Customer service is also very good. I like that it integrates with several other applications, such as LawPay and Casemaker (although I no longer use Casemaker). I also found a CL knowledgeable accountant through the site, which was very useful for getting set up my first year.

Desventajas

I really don't have cons. They did go up in price by $10/month without warning (one time in 18 months) but I still think it is a fair value.

Yaakov

Great leap forward

Revisado el 14/10/2020

Saves time, and allows use seamlessly from work, home, and mobile

Saves time, and allows use seamlessly from work, home, and mobile

Puntos a favor

A great leap forward from our previous (non-cloud) software.

Desventajas

None. It's at least as good as the prior software in every way.

Amber

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Cosmolex is very intuitive software.

Revisado el 29/4/2019

My assistant and I have enjoyed using Cosmolex, and now feel spoiled by all the great features compared to other file management and accounting software. I have been asked by several lawyers in my city to show them the program, and I wish I was more proficient with it so I could do it justice.

Puntos a favor

It does everything you wish other programs would do. It's easy to fix any mistakes you make in your billing without having to contact the company for a complicated "work around" solution. If you do have an issue or a suggestion, the customer service department is very responsive.

Desventajas

I would like if bills could be further broken down into taxable disbursements and non-taxable disbursements. My assistant and I registered for the training, but were unable to log on at the assigned time, but became too busy to follow up with this, so we have muddled through on our own for the last year.

Pete
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

I can't imagine practicing law without this essential tool.

Revisado el 24/3/2015

Puntos a favor

My practice is focused primarily on residential real estate in NY and NJ and I represent a lot of lenders, so I have been relying upon Easy Soft’s hud-1 program and their billing/trust accounting program for years, so when I learned about everything CosmoLex had to offer, I was excited to jump in.

What really separates CosmoLex from the others is that it’s completely cloud based and also offers a full IOLA/IOLTA accounting system. I’m able to login from the office, from home, and even on the road from my smart phone to add billable events, log and print checks, or search for anything I need.

Because I’m a sole practitioner, I don’t have an IT department to help me install/upgrade my programs and the people at CosmoLex actually converted my existing data and had me up and running in about 15 minutes. Knowing that my data (and the programs) are off-site means less to worry about if and when a computer at my office should fail - and not having to worry about re-installing and restoring data (just knowing that it’s always safe and ready to access) makes sleeping at night a little easier.

The controls are intuitively setup and searching for matters by client or other keyword or searching transactions by dollar amount, etc., could not be easier. I’ve already watched some of their online tutorials and when those did not help me understand something, I contacted tech support for personalized support and training that did the trick every time!

Desventajas

Nothing comes to mind so far. It's everything I need.