Datadog

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

241 opiniones

Angie

Excelente Monitoreo.

Revisado el 8/8/2023

Puntos a favor

Teniendo en cuenta que tiene un plan gratuito cabe destacar que brinda informacion completa sobre el servidor y los equipos que se monitorean.

Desventajas

Cabe recalcar que es un aplicativo pago y obiamente la vercion gratuita tiene limitantes pero es excelente aplicativo y recomiendo adquirirlo.

Gerardo
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

Usos de Datadog

Revisado el 26/9/2022

Es un aplicativo que responde a las necesidades actuales en el monitoreo de tiempo real de los servidores y bases de datos

Puntos a favor

El envio en tiempo real de las operaciones y caidas de los servidores y bases de datos, lo que me permite una mejor toma de desiciones

Desventajas

La falta de un panel ejecutivo de respuesta aleatoria, me impide una mas rapida toma de desiciones

Mauricio
Mauricio
  • Sector: Comercio minorista

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great platform for logs analysis and cloud monitoring

Revisado el 20/9/2019

Choosing to use Datadog made my work so much easier to accomplish. The logs analysis is one of the best thing that I can have in order to monitor my projects performance and health. This tool performs well and it is really useful. Real time logging works well. Definitely a must have.

Puntos a favor

I think that the best features that Datadog has is that you can track and follow logs in real time, something really important to have if your project is live. I like the idea of creating custom views of sets of logs (with custom filters, data parsing and a lot more) and that you can share them with your team.

Desventajas

It is a bit complicated to set for the first time. Is not quite easy to use or know at first about all the available features that Datadog has. Interface is tricky and can be a blocker sometimes. Following that, if your fields are not mapped in the right way, filters are not that useful.

Ankush
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

Datadog Review

Revisado el 2/10/2019

Overall it's great monitoring/visualizing tool for any organization and I'd recommend, it would have been great if it had great learning resources to explore it more.

Puntos a favor

- The filter functionality is great which lets you filter out errors for quick analysis, can easily create custom dashboards.
- Great Visualizations, easy to set up dashboards/monitors with options do maths like ratios, rates, average, interval.
- It can be easily integrated with other apps like Slack to set alerts for failed jobs.

Desventajas

- A slow learning curve, lack of resources on how to get useful functionality from UI or APIs.
- UI sometimes be bit slower although not bad if you've integrated with multiple external apps.

Aron
  • Sector: Filantropía
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Endless Sales calls

Revisado el 2/2/2024

Puntos a favor

Nothing. I haven't and won't use them because their Sales team is so hyper aggressive.

Desventajas

DataDog got my cell phone number and that's when it all went down hill. For months they've called me — sometimes extremely early in the morning at time zone inappropriate times — to attempt to get our business.

Just this morning, they called starting at 8am not once, not twice, but three times in a row each from different numbers. I've asked them to stop. I've begged them to stop. I've spoken with managers. I did so again this morning! But I've lost hope that I'll ever land on a do not call list because I'm convinced they don't have one.

The product, frankly, looks good. It's something I'd considered using. But their Sales team is so ridiculously aggressive — who calls someone three or four times in a row from different numbers every five minutes at 8am? — that I will never, ever use them as a vendor. And if you value your sanity, never express even the most vague amount of interest to these folks because apparently they will never stop relentlessly calling you. To say that their Sales team has left a bad taste in my mouth is an understatement.

Matthew
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

DataDog is key component of our engineering stack!

Revisado el 16/12/2022

Initially we had purchased DataDog to get some basic observability and to lift our logs into a central location. Quickly we began leveraging there additional features to gain deeper insights, better monitoring, and to speed up troubleshooting. DataDog is now a cornerstone of our software stack and everyone from engineers up and into DevOps/SREs use this on a day-to-day basis.

Puntos a favor

The software can scale with the business needs. You can start with basic features or leverage many as you like (for $$) to gain deeper insights. Engineers once onboarded use it heavily to spot issues or troubleshoot more obscure bugs both in production and development.

Desventajas

You often need to review usage and costs. Misconfigurations, migration projects (where legacy + new infrastructures are required), integrations which may cause double reporting need to be observed to prevent run-away spend.

Razones para cambiar a Datadog

We chose DataDog due to extensive feature set and existing product knowledge within the engineering team.
Laura
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

Powerful and flexible

Revisado el 22/2/2023

We can connect traces, logs and events on our infrastructure. We can follow every HTTP request that arrives at our API to the individual services. If errors or other events occure we can see them, as they are connected with each request / trace. This helped us a lot in finding bottlenecks in our microservice architecture

Puntos a favor

I really like that datadog offers a free tier to get startet with it. It helped building a net of monitoring around our servers and services. We have implemented a wide collection of (they call it synthetic tests) that we use as an continuous integration test suite. We even can monitor the performance of different application versions.

Desventajas

Even if their locally installed agent on our servers is very flexible and can collect so many information, the configuration via YAML files is difficult to start with. The learning curve here is pretty steep in the beginning.

Razones para cambiar a Datadog

The possibilities to make evaluations were much better back then
Chris

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Datadog is great but expensive

Revisado el 16/12/2022

Please reduce the price gap between committed vs on-demand usage, or come up with some other ways to address it. Our on-demand cost varies so much and I get asked by finance way too often.

Puntos a favor

-Best user experience-Unified view of all metrics. It is a lifesaver when troubleshooting performance issues-A broad range of product offerings

Desventajas

-Expensive!-The pricing model isn't as flexible as it should be. You can only adjust your yearly contract 3 times per year.-Expect to spend more time managing costs than you would like.

Razones para elegir Datadog

The old New Relic was very slow, and the user experience was horrible. I heard that New Relic one is better.

Razones para cambiar a Datadog

I used Datadog at a couple of companies in the past, and I always had a great experience with it.
Paulo
  • Sector: Seguridad informática y de redes
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Among the top 3 server and application monitoring solutions

Revisado el 2/2/2023

It provides good and detailed info both on server monitoring metrics as well as on the application monitoring options.The experience with Datadog is excellent and, if you choose it, you are not losing anything in regard to the alternatives (the only exception is if you have the expertise to deploy open source solutions yourself).

Puntos a favor

Generous free plan with detailed information both on server and application monitoring.

Desventajas

Nothing unusual. Being a paid platform, it naturally set limits on its free plan (fair) but, for this reason, you may prefer the responsibility to deploy an open source alternative (to remove those limits) instead of upgrade to a paid plan.

Razones para cambiar a Datadog

When using Datadog, I chose it instead of New Relic because of its more generous free plan. But since then, the competition between them seems to have intensified, and currently the free plans of both platforms are very similar.
Jeff
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5.001-10.000 empleados

Datadog is awesome!

Revisado el 14/12/2022

Been great. I wish we could onboard across all Yahoo, but the cost is too high for all engineering to benefit.

Puntos a favor

Datadog is intuitive, easy to configure, and easy to use.

Desventajas

The cost for Datadog is too expensive.

Razones para elegir Datadog

Couldn't handle scale or cloud applications.

Razones para cambiar a Datadog

We needed something immediately to get off our homegrown solution. We are still doing pocs with other vendors (Splunk, dynatrace) due to cost.
ryan
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

DataDog, good for modern apps

Revisado el 19/12/2022

Puntos a favor

It is easy to provision and integrates into modern applications

Desventajas

For basic monitoring of our legacy solutions, the software is to expensive

LogicMonitor

Razones para elegir Datadog

Looking for a way to monitor our modern software stack.

Razones para cambiar a Datadog

Initial pricing, and google integration.
Gaspar
  • Sector: Producción audiovisual
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Excellent product

We're monitoring our complete stack, migrating from Heroku to AWS

We're monitoring our complete stack, migrating from Heroku to AWS

Puntos a favor

Ease of use and integrations. Log management is outstanding, as well as Kubernetes integration

Desventajas

Lack of a simple Prometheus integration. Agent configuration docs (for specifics) is sometimes hard to find

William
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

Dog eat Dog world

Revisado el 14/12/2022

DataDog has allowed me to bring Fortune 500 company insights and application monitoring to a early stage startup!

Puntos a favor

DataDog is able to ingest and make sense of a complicated cloud application without the developer having to understand the infrastructure or program specifically for it.

Desventajas

That if I could afford it I would turn on all the features 24/7 and use them all.

Mark

Observability super powers

Puntos a favor

Being able to funnel AWS CloudWatch logs into Datadog made speed of deployment of Datadog incredibly fast - days instead of weeks.The log searching and faceting are extremely powerful. It's responsive, everything loads fast, and I can find single log lines in seconds.

Desventajas

Being able to create facets on historical data would be great.When digging into log lines, being able to navigate back to previous lines that we read through would be great too. Sometimes we're clicking around so fast that a log line is long gone. I end up copying the URL and pasting it into a doc so I can refer back to it.

Splunk Enterprise

Razones para elegir Datadog

We needed to be able to quickly search and facet logs, and view live logs, and have something that didn't require much more structure than logging out some JSON.
Shervin

Powerfull Tool.

Revisado el 14/12/2022

Very powerful and useful monitoring tool but so complicated to deploy at the first.

Puntos a favor

Diligence, details and deep of monitoring all detail.

Desventajas

capturing every single details, validity of details and more importantly capability to monitor everything!!!

PRTG

Software anterior

PRTG
Richard
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Well worth the investment

Revisado el 14/12/2022

Overall, it has been a very pleasant experience in comparison to New Relic, Logic Monitor and AppD.

Puntos a favor

It is simple to setup and maintain. Plus the UI is really easy to understand.

Desventajas

Polling period of the alerts are not short enough. The lowest is every 5 minutes but if a site is down, 5 minutes is too long to wait to see if it is down.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Must have for your application monitoring and infrastructure management

Revisado el 4/5/2022

Overall we are using datadog for application performance monitoring on daily basis an it has really helped us resolve application incidents.

Puntos a favor

Application performance monitoring, server and database monitoring, dashboards & reporting, proactive incident management

Desventajas

Sythentic queries are difficult to grasp. Need support for more geographies for application performance Monitoring

AppDynamics

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

best monitoring tool on the market

Revisado el 20/12/2022

Puntos a favor

I like Datadog APM which help our developer to troubleshoot various deep level issues.

Desventajas

probably the integration with log management with DD trace with APM, as we have some difficulties link the log injested with trace ID etc but some of logs are not linked with APM. I hope there's a better compatibilities with custom PHP application with APM & Log management

Neyda Jose
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Powerful tool for the analysis and monitoring of applications

Revisado el 20/5/2019

Datadog is a very useful tool because it is known if the applications, servers or hots are working as they should or if not, we will be aware to prevent further damage solving the problem in the shortest time possible.

Puntos a favor

This tool called Datadog I love mainly because it is really efficient and very useful because it allows through it you can carry out a monitoring of the performance of applications in a very simple way, being this through the reading of metrics that are really simple to understand and issue very detailed information that is useful to diagnose the cause and thus be able to solve the problem in the shortest time possible, also is available 24/7 so in case of any fault send immediately a mail informing the same and the best thing is that it has a clean interface, intuitive and easy to use without having technical knowledge to manage it.

Desventajas

One of its drawbacks is that when it is integrated with a large number of tools it can become heavy, which causes the information to be slowed down.

Kyle
Kyle

DataDog is great!

Puntos a favor

We now have billions of logs hitting Data Dog every month. It's a great tool for monitoring and debugging what is going on in the platform. We have alserts setup based on the logging so we are instantly notified of any issues.

Desventajas

Some of the JSON parsing on nested logs come out a little wonky. We overcame this by adding specific logs from our applications that we can search on.

Yeamin

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Datadog is a great Observability+log analysis tool

Revisado el 15/10/2023

It's a great tool for monitoring, alerting, log analysis and synthetics. Good support for small startup companies as well.

Puntos a favor

Ease of integrataion. Both alerts, metrics and log aggregation in one place. Website Synthetics was very useful too.

Desventajas

Data ingestion cost can be too high at times if not controlled in a granular manner.

• Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Datadog review

Revisado el 18/1/2023

Puntos a favor

I liked the fact that DataDog provides an easy-to-use platform for visualizing, monitoring, and alerting on all my infrastructure metrics. It's very comprehensive and the integrated dashboards allow me to quickly identify any issues. It's also great that it can integrate with other technologies, allowing me to have a complete view of my system.

Desventajas

I didn't like the complexity of setting up custom dashboards and metrics. It was difficult to find the right combination of settings and tools to get the desired result.

Ashok
  • Sector: Minería y metalurgia

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Datadog experience

Revisado el 16/12/2022

It's a good tool, needs to improve the collaboration of the support team.

It's a good tool, needs to improve the collaboration of the support team.

Building Dashboards, Observability at the granular level

Desventajas

Terminology , need to distinguish different resources and not tag them as one

Dynatrace
Matt
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Datadog is a must have for any cloud base infrastructure

Puntos a favor

I love the ease of use, the up-to-date documentation, and the product capabilities.

Desventajas

Support is slow and lacking, costs can get out of control fast and are not straightforward.

Splunk Enterprise
Cara

Best all-in-one monitoring tool

Revisado el 15/12/2022

Puntos a favor

Being able to combine all of our analytics tools in one place makes it easy to find the right information to investigate, monitor, and resolve operational issues quickly. Combining products like logs and APM traces makes both tools even more powerful for finding and understanding problems with our applications.

Desventajas

If there's one drawback, it's the cost, which can become expensive for monitoring high-throughput systems or systems with a lot of hosts.