Clio

4,7 (1.605)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Software de gestión de casos legales basado en la nube.

(1.605)
Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

• Software usado Semanalmente durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Opiniones sobre Clio

Revisado el 21/8/2023

En general la herramienta es útil y ofrece un buen servicio de atención al cliente además de poder hacer los respectivos informes personalizados.

Puntos a favor

Ofrece un buen servicio de atención al cliente con flexibilidad y asequibilidad.

Desventajas

Me gustaría tener más opciones para personalizar los informes. Fuera de eso bastante bien.

jose
  • Sector: Servicios financieros
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Clios

Revisado el 3/11/2022

Puntos a favor

Clios es veloz,rapido,facil en la carga de los datos

Desventajas

No deja almacenar muchos datos y informes

Jonathan
Jonathan

Clio is the Leader of the Pack

Revisado el 9/10/2019

I have been using Clio for about 6 years. It has grown so much in that time. I am very pleased with the direction they have taken the product and I can't wait to see what else they come up with!

Puntos a favor

Clio is repeatedly at the top of the charts for available features. Clio is constantly working to improve their service and adding new features and functionality. We have had no problems to speak of. Any issues that we have had have been related to finding a particular option or feature.

Desventajas

I wish that Clio would support more advanced document generation. At present, it just does mail-merge-type generation. Substituting fields in Clio with a field indicator in a Word doc. I would love to be able to get rid of HotDocs and use Clio instead, but it just can't match what HotDocs can do. The other feature that I wish it supported is the ability for external uses (clients) to fill out forms or data, which can then be stored in Clio.

Rocket Matter

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Clio has more features, functionality, and integrations than the competition.
Erica

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Clio Is the Most Useful Database We have Used

Revisado el 23/1/2024

Overall Clio was a vast improvement to our previous programs (Tabs 3 and Abacus). The change in customer service however has dampened my enthusiasm..

Puntos a favor

Integration of payment, invoicing and CRM

I used to love the customer service but now....NO

Desventajas

Difficult to customize. Customer Service has gone from knowledgeable Canadian staff to foreign people not familiar with the program. You are often on your own to try to resolve questions - or make multiple queries.

Respuesta de Clio

Hi Erica. Thanks for sharing this valuable feedback. I can assure you that we take into account this information to continuously improve our products and services.
I’m sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with our customer success team. I can assure you that all of our customer service staff are trained in-house and have in-depth knowledge of all our products. While it may on occasion take more than one call to answer a question, please know that we are committed to resolving your queries as quickly as possible—and our team is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, via in-app chat, email, or phone should you need further assistance.

Kathy

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

You cannot rely on anything that employees of Clio tell you to be true.

Revisado el 20/1/2023

Onboarding was a nightmare, with technical glitches that caused hours and hours of additional work and clean up. Syncing our contacts resulted in the destruction of our already used and curated list. Misrepresentations were made by salespeople as to what the software was capable of doing. As a result of all of that, we were made reasonable promises, in writing, as a condition of our not quitting Clio right then, and cutting our losses and time. Now, the first time a change has come up where that promise needs to be implemented, we were told it would not be honored. This resulted in many more hours of back and forth with "customer service". We have wasted two years of integrating our firm with this company, which we now have to undo to go to another service, costing us untold more hours of work. If they had not offered these promises, we would have left Clio during the onboarding process. Although we would not have been happy with our experience with Clio, we wouldn't have felt as strongly about not doing business with this company. Now, we have no option but to leave this service, because we cannot continue to do business with a company that places such little value on their clients and on the promises that they admit were made.

Puntos a favor

I have nothing positive to say about Clio at this time. Integrating our firm into their software was a major learning experience, which will guide me with the next software I choose.

Desventajas

The items added in the time that we have been with Clio have caused no improvement to our use of the product, although they use these additions as an excuse for raising their prices significantly. The "client portal" that they added does not even allow you to see if clients have viewed documents, which their old version did. Their new payment system only adds to their profits, so why would they utilize that as an excuse to pass on additional costs to their clients?

Rocket Matter y CARET Legal

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Even though Clio was more expensive than our other final possible choices, we were made representations about what this software could do that exceeded the other offerings in assistance with our needs. However, once we started with Clio, we were immediately told that some of those representations were not functions of Clio at all.

Respuesta de Clio

Hi Kathy,
I'm very sorry to hear that about your experience with Clio. A member of our team is contacting you directly with you to work through these challenges
Kind Regards,
Jessica

Stephanie

Very satisfied with Clio

Revisado el 22/3/2024

Wonderful! I am so glad I purchased this software!

Wonderful! I am so glad I purchased this software!

Puntos a favor

Clio is easy and effective to use. It has all the features I need to run my law firm and more that I didn't know I would use on a regular basis. The onboarding support was extensive and the support team is prompt and very knowledgeable.

Desventajas

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like about Clio.

Saba

Excellent customer service

Revisado el 28/8/2023

Excellent

Excellent

Puntos a favor

Support 'Live' is actually live - always available and always helps! This is important because with other companies you're usually on hold on the phone for a long time and then when the do answer - the take a message and 'refer you to the right team' - you're stuck on your task until they call back. When they call back, the caller tells you what to do but can't show you - that's another team. In my working day - its vital that support is given there an then so you can move on.

Desventajas

Integrating it and setting up - this is very time consuming. It would be useful to have I suppose when migrating a one2one live support - somebody spends a day at the firm and sorts all this out. Templates, billing everything you need to get started. That would've been rather helpful.

Taj
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Review from a Sole Practitioner

Revisado el 12/12/2023

Puntos a favor

It is user-friendly and helps me manage all the essential aspects of my law practice such as time tracking, billing, invoicing and file management. As a sole practitioner, Clio has been invaluable in saving me time on administrative tasks and allowing me to focus more on growing my practice.

Desventajas

There is nothing that I didn’t like, all the components have made my life easier!

PracticePanther Legal Software

Razones para elegir Clio

ESILAW 360 is not user-friendly and they provide minimal customer support.

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Clio had a great customer support team that helped with on boarding and answered all of my questions and concerns.
Gabrielle

Great Case Management Software

Revisado el 23/1/2024

I have had a very positive experience with Clio and I am very satisfied with the product.

Puntos a favor

Clio is intuitive and easy to use. I also love that the team is forward-thinking and always deploying new features that enhance productivity. As a solo practitioner, Clio grow is exceptional and a tool everyone should be using. I can manage my leads with very little overhead. Additionally, Clio support always goes above and beyond

Desventajas

Initially, I did not understand why Clio Grow and Clio Manage were separate products. However, the integration between the two is seamless, and I have grown to love the distinct nature of the two products.

Razones para cambiar a Clio

The demo for Clio was much more thorough and at the time, Clio's functionality seemed above and beyond
Trish

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

A fantastic legal ops product!

Revisado el 3/2/2024

I've had a great run with Clio. It's packed with features that make my legal work a lot smoother, especially with all the docketing and billing. Plus, their support team is very helpful. It's been a game changer for the firm!

Puntos a favor

Clio simplifies docketing, billing and keeping client files organized, offering streamlined processes and automation that significantly reduce administrative overhead.

Desventajas

My least favorite aspect of Clio is the separation between Clio Manage and Clio Grow. These platforms offer complementary features essential for client file management and intake processes, yet their division necessitates two separate subscriptions. This separation not only increases costs but also complicates what could be a more streamlined workflow.

Todd

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Long-time user whom,Ike’s the continued innovation

Revisado el 13/12/2023

I am an unabashed Clio fan. I enjoy it and appreciate the continuing innovation and willingness to listen to users for their ideas and thoughts on features.

Puntos a favor

Clio’s ability to integrate key features internally - calendaring, invoicing, payment, and communications, along with allowing for third-party programs to work within the eco system make it a very easy to use 1 stop shop.

Desventajas

Sometimes some features are only available at the highest level of service, which while understandable can be hard on younger folks just starting out.

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Better suited my needs way back when, and continues to do so.
Bob

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Clio works well for my law firm!

Revisado el 23/1/2024

Very good overall experience. Will keep using it. We also use "Clio Grow" to assist with marketing and new client sign-ups.

Puntos a favor

User friendly, has good features, also accessible on phone app.

Desventajas

I don't know how to take full advantage of it.

Stephen

Changed my practice

Revisado el 20/6/2019

Puntos a favor

Clio has been a game changer for my practice. Before I would write my time on a sheet of paper (sometimes any paper within reach) and hope it got entered at some point before the end of the month. Now, I immediately enter my time either on my computer or iPhone. A phone call, client conversations, anytime I work on a file it immediately gets entered into Clio.
At the end of the month, Billing is a breeze. I am able to see all of my Billable Clients for the month and with a few clicks, they are all sent out by either email or Clio Connect. My clients can pay with their credit cards, and many times they have paid overnight before I even get to the office the next day. I remember when I first switched to Clio about 80% of my accounts receivable paid within the first week.
My clients also like the billing detail with separate time, attorneys, and expenses. I have been able to create custom invoices to comply with some of my government contracts, which require invoices to look a certain way.
We are also big fans on the integration with Office365. The software automatically creates a client folder on OneDrive when a new matter is opened. This has been a huge help in keeping everyone working on the same files and storing documents in the correct client folder. Also, the Outlook plugin has been great to keep all emails received and sent copied to the client's matter. I do not know how many times I have easily found an email related to a client matter.

Desventajas

I wish there was better integration with Infusionsoft (now Keap). There is a way to connect using third parties, but it would be nice to only enter client information once.

Justin

What I Like Most About Clio

Revisado el 5/8/2019

Clio had a long learning curve. That said, any software that has wide capability will have a long learning curve. However, the support team has been very helpful. It does not work for me to try to read articles to learn how to use the system, I appreciate being able to get someone on the phone or on chat who can simply show me how to do what I want to do.

Puntos a favor

As a solo practicing attorney for almost a quarter century, tracking time, preparing and sending out bills has been my least favorite activity, and the place where I have lost revenue and had upset clients. My experience is that clients don't appreciate it when bills are sent timely or when they receive billing after six to twelve months of work - they really prefer regular billing.

Clio has revolutionized the billing and collection part of my solo practice environment. Now that I have learned how to create clients and matters and to input time, it is a simple once a month task to create professional monthly client bills which I can print and snail mail, email, or send with the LawPay connection and the client can "click through" the email bill to pay with credit card.

Desventajas

I cannot figure out how to set up or use the form template function. When I have tried it does not really work and I have stopped trying to use this. I would very much like to create some form engagement letters.

My work is mainly transaction, not so much litigation. At first it was difficult to figure out how to prepare a nice looking flat-fee for a project type bill. However, with the updates I have been able to customize bills to have both hourly fee bills and flat-fee bills.

Rosalinda

Very easy to use

Revisado el 29/8/2019

It makes part of my job easier.
1.Attorneys are much more comfortable going into Clio by...

It makes part of my job easier.
1.Attorneys are much more comfortable going into Clio by themselves to enter their time or find information/reports instead of having to wait and rely on me to do it.
2.It's much easier and faster to quickly generate reports that split Time (by keeper) and Expenses.
3.Monthly billing goes by much smoother, invoices go out faster, payments are received much faster than if by mail. Attorney's are happier. : )
4.Clients like to be able to receive email with link to process payments online.

Puntos a favor

Time entries can be imported by batch. Trust Requests and Bills can be emailed w/payment link directly from Clio. Past Due Bills can be "shared" with a coupled clicks versus printing out and mailing or using another app to email it.

Desventajas

1. When looking at a past due bill (and additional bills have been issued and remain unpaid for that same matter) the Outstanding Balance on the Statement of Account section will update and include the balance due for that matter as of the current date + any open Trust Replenishment requests instead of the balance due for that invoice + the balance due of all invoices issued previously to that one.
2. Evergreen Retainers - I keep getting calls from clients saying they can't view the "Shared" invoice when I have applied Trust funds that covered the whole balance. They can see the Trust Request to replenish funds used/applied to an invoice, but they can't see the actual invoice and review what was billed. I have to print the invoice to PDF and go to my email app and send from there.
3. I would like to see a report that shows that various billing rates per timekeeper for each client/matter.

Matt

Best in class

Revisado el 8/12/2022

I operate an entirely virtual law practice. Keeping all of my workflows and processes in the same ecosystem helps ensure consistency and efficient operations.

Puntos a favor

The single best part about Clio is the user interface. You can't overestimate the drain on your organization and your end-users by poor UX design. Clio is intuitive to use, and easy to customize. Their chat support is the best of any product I've used, in any category.

Desventajas

The in-app document management isn't great. It's good enough, but most users will want to integrate with an existing DMS.

CosmoLex y Actionstep

Razones para elegir Clio

Cosmolex had a less intuitive UI and didn't allow for batch changes, which makes it hard to iterate and improve. Actionstep has great automation potential, but didn't allow me to charge a second sales tax which is mandatory in my jurisdiction.

CosmoLex y Actionstep
Michael

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great all around product with open API

Revisado el 24/2/2023

Clio has been great and this is likely the last case management software we will ever use.

Puntos a favor

There is no such thing as a perfect legal case management software. There is nothing that is going to do everything the way you want it and Clio is no different. However, clio has numerous thrid party integrations. If this software doesn't do something there is probably something else out there that will fill in the gaps. However, what really makes clio great is its easy to use Open API. I have a saying with automation. Where there is a will there is a way and this API makes that possible. If there is something you want to have done or want to automate Clio's open API makes it possible.

Desventajas

There reporting could use some work although they have made some improvements. Some of their bigger improvements can take a lot of time. However, there are always making consistent and regular improvements. It does seem like at times they will make a partial release but complete release or complete functionality can take a back seat.

CosmoLex, MyCase, Actionstep y Tabs3

Razones para elegir Clio

Amicus Attorney got bought by Abacus Next and service went downhill. There were MANY improvements that were needed to the product but they were slow to update and there were a lot of integrations and features missing. I switched to clio because I knew I could get it to do what I wanted within reason by use of integrations and their open API.

Amicus Attorney

Razones para cambiar a Clio

The easy to use open api and robust list of thrid party integrations
Jim

Clio Review 2023

Revisado el 11/4/2023

Puntos a favor

I liked that out of the box, it was very easy to implement and get started. When we first started with Clio, all of our practice management was done via paper and handwritten. Immediately, Clio made it easier to find cases and keep track of all the different matters. I like that we can accept payments and it will automatically close out bills. With the addition of Clio Portals, it makes it much easier to communicate with clients and keep everyone involved on the same page.

Desventajas

After the out-of-the-box implementation, there is not much to improve our workflows. I would like to see some enhancements that allow users to break from the same workflows and have logic and other efficiency tools for their practice. Not all law firms only practice in one area, and it would be nice to have the ability to have a matter format for a practice area when that practice area is selected. Once the practice area is selected, it should be able to only show areas that pertain to that practice area, reducing the errors of missing information or having the wrong information. I wish that Clio Payments could have similar functionality as LawPay, allowing refunds on trust payments. I do not like how restrictive the software is when trying to create different fields and areas that work best with our firm. It would be nice if emails could be built into Clio so that we are not having to search back and forth. I would like to see Clio Manage and Clio Grow merged, and some of the features of Grow enhanced into Manage. (Scheduler, workflows, etc.)

Razones para cambiar a Clio

While others had better out-of-the-box start-ups, Clio showed better growth opportunities along with easier implementation for users.
Joseph

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Implementation is tough

Revisado el 3/7/2023

It's cheaper than our prior system. It has more functionality than our prior system. It has tons of integrations with other programs, so we're using it for marketing and robust document generation. We're hoping to get the task sets and workflows set up soon to streamline file opening and operations together with finance and trust accounting.

Puntos a favor

Custom sets of templates for client types and matter types is great. There are tons of integrations with so many other programs to add functionality is dizzying. We're still learning all this program can do and trying to maximize our use of it through best practices, but we're very hopeful and optimistic that it's going to make our lives much easier and more organized.

Desventajas

The implementation by Clio has been less than stellar. They've tried to integrate spreadsheets of information from our prior practice management software, plus other sources to get all of our client and matter data into the program. But getting the data migration specialists on the phone has been difficult. We noticed that one phase of the migration had not gone correctly, so we called and e-mailed like mad to make sure they wouldn't go to the next step of migration until we could get that prior data fixed. They ignored the calls and e-mails and went ahead with the next step. So that just compounded the problem by about 10,000 times. Now, we're having to go back through our spreadsheets to clean up the data again. Then they're going to have to somehow undo the migration steps they've taken already. Then we'll try it again. We've been using it almost 90 days, and we're still not at full usage yet, because the migration is so messed up.

MyCase, Rocket Matter y Smokeball

Razones para elegir Clio

Firm Central hasn't been updated or given additional functionality in well over 5 years. No one else uses it, and it has no integrations with or support from third parties to add any more functionality. West has practically abandoned the product entirely. If they don't want to keep supporting it, then why should we keep using it?

Firm Central

Razones para cambiar a Clio

It had a larger installed user base with more third-party integrations and third-party consultants available for use in assisting us to migrate and implement it. Also, our outside accounting company is more familiar with it than any of the other programs.
Steven

Very Satisfied

Revisado el 16/9/2019

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use -- calendaring, opening new matters, time entries, notes, billing. I like the interface, the way it looks. Program includes trust accounting. Can include/integrate credit card billing as an option which I did, and works well. Have used Law Pay for a while and it integrates through Clio. Send out invoices through Clio, client can click on button to make credit card payment, and have option to have program automatically apply to open invoices when payment comes in -- get email notifications of payments. Very satisfied with the program -- does what I need and enjoy using.

Desventajas

I don't think it's a negative factor, but don't use the mobile app much, for whatever that means. Tend to just check my iphone calendar (I use Office 365 to integrate, other options also I think like Google to integrate -- Clio integrates with Office 365 and iphone calendar will show Office and Google calendar events). There is a new beta version of the mobile app available for use that looked at today and I like -- I could see using that to make entries if I need while out of the office, but usually just do all of that at my computer in the office.

Sue

Clio's billing system

Revisado el 15/11/2019

Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

Puntos a favor

We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key.

The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight!

Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Desventajas

Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth.

The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

Diane

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

There has to be something better; going downhill for solos

Revisado el 9/2/2017

I have been using this since 2012 - at first it fit my needs and was marketed for the solo/small practice firms. It has increasingly become more cumbersome and takes longer to calendar and bill than I would like. The interest feature on the billing can only calculate simple interest. Once you enter the interest formula, there is no way to disconnect it so you are left to manually delete all of the entries. They have changed the billing process from a process that once took about an hour to taking about 3 hours. A bill is generated and placed under the Draft tab, you can view it, edit it, submit it for approval (a waste of time for a solo), or approve it - so I view it, see it needs to be edited, and click on edit, the bill comes up for editing, then once you've completed it, you hit Approve - and nothing happens which is new - you either can hit the go to bills Awaiting Payment link, or click on the Awaiting payment screen -- from there, you are forced to sort through all of your accounts receivable to find your newly edited bill. Once you find the bill, then you can Receive Payment from the trust account - but be careful since if your client has $500 in trust and the bill is $1000, the trust payment will pop up $1000, which you know is inaccurate, so you have to do another edit. Then the bill drops out of view and you either have to return to Awaiting Payment or Paid tabs - search through all of the other bills, find your bill, then you can download it - print it, or save it, and then email it.
If you want to enter a new appointment, you can do so on the calendar, but if you want to create a method to track the new client, you have to go to another tab to set up a matter, you can only input the client's name, not the address, not the phone number, not any other stuff that should appear at this point, in my opinion. Then you add in your number. Then you have to track down the name you just entered and try and add in addresses, phone numbers, email addresses. The process is incredibly time consuming.

Pros: Cost
Cons: Overly rigid, designed for those who have a data processor employee, time consuming, not customer service oriented - was marketed for solos/small practices and this is not the case any longer.

Puntos a favor

Web based program and cost.

Desventajas

Rigid, time consuming process. So many things don't work and the process of finding a work around is cumbersome.

Richard

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Split personality software - two steps for the function of one

Revisado el 9/6/2020

Clio allow you to generate bills - take payments online - and has a rudimentary accounting system.

Puntos a favor

Clio is quite robust with many functions geared for law offices. Much of the thrust is for multiple lawyer offices ( which makes sense) and some also work for solo firms (my office is a solo office). There is a forms component which is poorly integrated with Clio. It does allow you to create an online fillable form - but the steps to have that information fed into your database for the practice is cumbersome and not intuitive. Yo are using two independent programs - which is unlike both Practicve Panther and My Case. In the other two the feed into the database is direct - no two programs - no multiple steps to move rom one database to another.

Desventajas

As mentioned, the multiple step s needed to use the forms - and the cost for that portion of the platform - make this a terrible choice. If you want to use forms as questionares and to populate your database - and update the database - by client input - this is definitely NOT the platform to use.

Peggy
Peggy

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cleo will solve all your law firm problems

Revisado el 22/3/2021

My overall experience with Cleo has been fantastic and has changed how I do my daily job for the better. It has made life at work much easier and less stressful. It has allowed me to free up time that's better spent on creating documents forming businesses etc.

Puntos a favor

I loved Cleo from the moment a representative gave us an overview of the software and what it had to offer. After that demonstration I couldn't wait to try the software. I love that Cleo allows you to customize the program to your specific law firms needs. There is an enormous amount of ability to customize clients billing and matters. I've never found a software like this one before nor one that allows you so much freedom to make it your own. There are two sections to Cleo Cleo grow and Cleo manage. Cleo grow allows you to enter potential new clients and track their progress as to whether they hire the law firm get referred out or don't hire the law firm. It has saved me from keeping up with two separate spreadsheets which allows me more time to work on important tasks. Once in Cleo grow you can move a client over to Cleo manage once they hire you. Once in Cleo grow everything about your client and their case is all contained on their own individual dashboard. Within that dashboard you can store communications their documents their payment transactions emails billing their time they're expenses etc. And because of the categories you can customize I'm able to enter the important information needed for their particular case and it's no farther than one click away. I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software.

Desventajas

The only thing I found so far that I'm not fond of with the software is the flat rate billing. Our Law Firm wants to keep track of the time spent on a case even if it's for flat fee. I'm still trying to find a way to best show this on an invoice and after researching Cleo help section they don't seem to have a real clear method of doing it.

Candace
Candace
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

I have been so impressed with Clio. There is so much it can do and the customer service is...

Revisado el 16/3/2018

There are too many to mention. I was only looking for conflict management software and didn't know if I needed a case management software because I am a solo attorney that is just starting out. It turns out that Clio does so much more. The timer feature lets you track work on different matters and easily switch to a different matter when a phone rings or interruption happens. You don't lost time. The billing is clean, neat and easy. After that you can move on to so many other options -- document automation, cloud storage, phone logs, email logs, quick and easy email drop. I have been here less than a year and I wouldn't switch. I am so pleased with Clio and how it makes the business end of practicing so much easier.

Puntos a favor

What is best? There is so much. The Dashboard (to see instantly how the I am doing, and for each client so I can see how much time and billing has occurred on each matter and easily find the information I need); Time keeping, invoicing, secured email, email drop (to easily put emails into client matters in Clio and free up inbox space, ) and DOCUMENT TEMPLATES with Custom Fields -- I have automated my engagement letter, a basic client letter, will forms, POAs, etc. It saves so much time. To write a letter and not have to look up an address or block/copy it is so nice. You generate the document and edit to start typing the body right away. It requires work on the front end but in the end it is worth it. Also, the customer service being one click on a chat icon away is great. They are so friendly and talked me through invoicing each month for the first few months.

Desventajas

The customer service and training videos are great but sometimes it feels like an Easter egg hunt to find out what all it can do. I spent the first 8 months just keeping time and doing invoicing. I knew it did other things but wasn't sure what and how. Once I started digging around I have been amazed at what all I have found. It has saved so much time and made things for a solo attorney so much easier. I am sold.