Wagepoint

Software de nóminas online sencillo, rápido y fácil de usar

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación

Reseñas de 206

Tracy L.

Wagepoint to the rescue

Revisado el 24/1/2020

Great customer service and easy use of product.

Puntos a favor

As an accounting firm that processes payroll for many clients, it's nice to have a payroll software that is easy to use. Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward. Thanks to Wagepoint year ends are a breeze.

Desventajas

Reporting, I wish list would be that when I find a report that I like that there would be a way to bookmark the report. Also better reporting that shows the remittances made to Quebec and Federal. Right now this all in on report. Also an approval process, so that once I have submitted payroll, that there was a final approval process by the client.

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback on the reports will be shared with the team.
Michelle

Barbara H.
  • Industry: Tecnología y servicios de la información

A payroll systems for all Canadians... even QC

Revisado el 15/7/2021

Wagepoint has the ability to process all provinces' payroll, a lot of platforms will not accommodate QC.
We had to transfer all our employee payroll amounts into Wagepoint to ensure our T4s would be correct at the end of the year. Wagepoint took this task on for us to ensure everything would be correct. The cost to have this done was considerably less than it would have been if our accountant was to do it.

Puntos a favor

The ability to calculate and pay QC employees taxes and deductions.
Self service- each employee can control their own profile, in the sense that personal and banking info can be amended as necessary.
The customer service is excellent.
Very user friendly.

Desventajas

When you are submitting the payroll amounts, the contractors and employees are on the same page for an overall view of the payroll to be deposited. I would prefer to have the groups separated as we pay contractors and employees at different times and I am having to constantly 'click- pay or no pay'.. leaves room for error.

Kathy F.
  • Industry: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril

Love this product

Revisado el 26/11/2021

Previous to Wagepoint I would use the online government calculator to calculate payroll expenses, never sure I did it right. I would have to do each employee separately and remember all the deductions or codes that applied to them. I then had to e-transfer funds. With e-transfer limits it would take 2 or 3 days to get everyone paid so I have to start on the 12 or 13 of each month and again on the 29 and 30th. This has been heaven.

It took a learning curve and a few rough spots. You never know how good customer service is until you need it. They talked through my frustration and always understood how important paying my amazing staff was. They had several options available to them should a mistake happen. This is when I truly knew the type of company I was dealing with. I recommend them because they are there in the good and bad moments. That is true customer service.

Puntos a favor

I love that I can pay my staff in one transaction, the payroll taxes are paid for me and I can break down the different jobs they do to show the hours correctly.

Desventajas

I wish that we could show days the staff worked and add the actual charters they did (the name of the place) this would make it better for charter drivers. Same with school runs, if I could put the route and if it was am and pm or just am and the days it would help the drivers see it better.

Jason M.
  • Industry: Salud, bienestar y deporte
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Waste of Time and Money

Revisado el 20/7/2019

Run away!

Puntos a favor

It had the appearance of functionality. At first, I thought they understood the withholdings and filings that needed to be made.

Desventajas

We had issues from the moment we started the setup process (which was not as straightforward as the web site led us to believe ). Many things needed to be clarified and corrected after the setup process and Wagepoint was not available for quick contact most of that time. Customer service is nearly non-existent. But the final reason we left was that their ACH processor, NatPay, suggested our business was related to products we have nothing to do with and WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DATA placed the burden of proof on us. This happened without warning and Wagepoint simply parroted their inquiry. In fact, the evidence they asked from us was our URL, as if that would have proven anything. I could have given them any URL I wanted. This silly request from an already difficult little Canadian company (Yes, based on Nova Scotia) was not worth my time, trust, or effort and we fired them. Now, we pay them nothing to do what we were already half-doing to begin with to support our completely legal and ethical company that has nothing to do with the shady business they suggested. I would disagree with the user whose review stated you get what you pay for with Wagepoint. I did not pay to be irritated by a service company.

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience while getting set up with Wagepoint.

As a payroll company, we are required to put all prospective customers through rigorous screening before we can do business with them. While we're attempting to better our processes, there are times when legitimate companies get caught in the risk filters. This might be the case with your company. Unfortunately, as a company policy, we cannot override those decisions. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that we couldn't work with your business.

Sincerely,
Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO

Josee G.
  • Industry: Alimentación y bebidas

Love the ease of use

Revisado el 3/10/2021

Very easy to enrol at the beginning, they make it easy to use.

Puntos a favor

I love that all all need to do is to enter everyone's hours and the rest gets calculated for me. No need anymore to calculate holiday pay, it's all populated.

Desventajas

nothing I can think of at this point in time.

Razones para elegir Wagepoint

Too expensive for a small company and not as easy to use.

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

Easy of use and less expensive.
Julia M.
  • Industry: Seguridad e investigaciones
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A great tool for payroll!

Revisado el 3/7/2021

It is very helpful with all payroll responsibilities and saves time.

Puntos a favor

I love the user friendly layout and ability to use this anywhere I am. And the customer service is wonderful! They are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable and any problems are handled very quickly.

Desventajas

We have the odd challenge with any changes to the software made by Wagepoint connecting with our QBO software. But these are quickly addressed.

Isaac S.

Very pleased

Revisado el 3/12/2020

I have been very pleased with the level of support I have received. In particular, Wagepoint did a great job solving an issue after the recent transition in November 2020 out of "QBO advanced payroll."

Puntos a favor

I am grateful for the automatic export of journal entries to QBO and the employee classing features which help a lot with management accounting and generating reports.

Desventajas

The setup is a bit challenging and the price is a bit steep for my smaller clients.

John L.
  • Industry: Construcción
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

Fantastic Product

Revisado el 17/9/2021

With the size of our plumbing company I'm thrilled with this product.

Puntos a favor

The ease of use is my favourite aspect of the Wagepoint software.

Desventajas

My wish list would consist of being able to flag reports that I use frequently. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to have your favourite reports section.

QuickBooks Time y Dayforce HCM

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

Ease of use and the price is very reasonable for the amount of time someone actually uses payroll software with having 5 employees.
Kimme L.
  • Industry: Servicios financieros

Wagepoint is our #payroll provider

Revisado el 21/12/2021

Puntos a favor

As the owner of a bookkeeping firm, I've had the opportunity to use several different payroll programs. Wagepoint is by far the easiest to use and our 'go-to' payroll software for our small business clients.

Desventajas

For the longest time, I wished that they had better telephone support available for accounting professionals but I've heard that it's in the process of being developed now. :-)

Mirjana B.
  • Industry: Comercio minorista

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy to use, issues resolved promptly

Revisado el 17/11/2021

Customer Service Support is resolving issues in the prompt manner.

Puntos a favor

Software is easy to use. Luna Calendar is a great tracking feature

RRSP Employee and Employers contribution

Kaitlen C.

Must Use Payroll Software

Revisado el 26/7/2019

Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Puntos a favor

Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages.

Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people.

You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile!

Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Desventajas

Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though.

The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Payment Evolution

Razones para elegir Wagepoint

More user-friendly and better functionality.

Quickbooks Online

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

Payment Evolution doesn't have the ability to remit ROEs on your behalf or T4s.
Gerry K.
  • Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses

Service Extraordinaire!

Revisado el 4/11/2019

The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Puntos a favor

Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Desventajas

Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

Respuesta de Wagepoint Traducir a español

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review.

In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :)

We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations.

Thanks again!
Erika

Denise W.
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Wagepoint is my go to for payroll

Revisado el 4/2/2021

Terrific Canadian company - happy to have them in my tech stack!

Puntos a favor

Wagepoint support is by far my favourite part of using it; the auto run feature and employee portals are also great

Desventajas

The reports could be much better; sometimes I have a hard time finding what I need to report on specific employees or departments

Powerpay

Razones para elegir Wagepoint

QBO payroll had many issues and I needed an alternative

QuickBooks Payroll

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

Wagepoint is easy to use and economical
Markus M.

Wagepoint Rocks!

Revisado el 18/10/2019

I very much enjoy Wagepoint - and if there's any struggles or questions, the support team is a quick email away. Their support team finds you the answer and actually helps you, which is why I didn't bother using QBO's built-in payroll... Their support team is nowhere near as helpful as Wagepoint's.

Puntos a favor

Compared to other softwares, Wagepoint sorts things in logical places, which in turn makes things easy to find. Learning the layout comes with ease.
The auto source deduction remittances have also been a huge life saver - less things to worry about!

Desventajas

If there was a con, like a missing report or details we wanted to see, we simply suggested and asked if something like that could be created... And a couple months later, they actually made it happen!

Monika L.
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Best Payroll Service out there!

Revisado el 9/10/2019

I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Puntos a favor

We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Desventajas

None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

Hi Monika,
We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain.
Michelle

Michael S.

Top Canadian Option for Payroll

Revisado el 24/10/2019

It is the only payroll software I use for my clients and is the recommendation I make to others when consulting on payroll software. Wagepoint is a great company with incredible people. In the past 18 months I have been using Wagepoint I have had nothing but incredible service and happy clients.

Puntos a favor

Customer support is incredibly fast, efficient and knowledgeable. Product is easy to use and thus my recommendation for small business owner's doing their own payroll. Reports are better visually than other payroll providers. Great value for money.

Desventajas

I don't like the prefill on the stat holiday calculation based on 1/28. In reality stat holidays are bit trickier to calculate in Alberta than a straight formula.

Quickbooks Online y QuickBooks Online Advanced

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

QuickBooks Online payroll is a disaster that needed way more testing before it was released. From my clients using it to do their own payroll I have seen nothing but problems that were difficult to resolve due to QBO support staff being unknowledgeable re Canadian payroll.
Christopher H.
  • Industry: Alimentación y bebidas

Great product.

Revisado el 9/7/2021

Very happy. Have recommended it several times.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use. Customer service is quick. Good for big or small size business.

Desventajas

The customer service is email only which I thought would be bad as I have had bad experiences with other products, however it’s quite fast.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

ADP is brutal.

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

I like the full functionality.
Virginia M.

Wagepoint Payroll System Review

Revisado el 8/11/2019

Ive been using wagepoint for over 3 years and I love it and use it with all my clients that need payroll services

Puntos a favor

Ease of use and excellent customer service and price

Desventajas

Possibly the fact that I havent integrated it with QBO but I havent tried recently

Respuesta de Wagepoint Traducir a español

Hi Virginia! Thanks so much for your review.

We're glad you're having a positive experience so far. If you're looking to integrate Wagepoint with your existing QBO account, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get yourself set up: https://wagepoint.kayako.com/article/58-quickbooks-online-integration

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being a customer with us :)
- Erika

Jane J.
  • Company size: 501-1.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

We use lots of Software. Among them, Wagepoint is my most favorite one.

Revisado el 7/12/2019

Wagepoint support team helped me a lot. They created customized GL for my client, created incomes and deductions codes for my clients. Whenever I have question, I always get help. I have learned a lot from the support team. So professional and powerful a team.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, friendly, professional, functional.

I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

Desventajas

I hope the deductions can be imported in the near future. I like the earnings import function.

QuickBooks Online Advanced y Dayforce HCM

Razones para cambiar a Wagepoint

Grant Thornton made the decision.
Laurie V.
  • Industry: Software informático

Exceptional Customer Service

Revisado el 26/10/2021

Impressive customer service. I've used it for years, and I find they are quick to respond if you have questions or concerns. I had a problem yesterday trying to get a new employee paid (which had absolutely nothing to do with Wagepoint). Instead of telling me "sorry, you need to fix this on your side before we can pay them", they came up with a resolution within three hours of me calling the customer service line as well as keeping me updated every step of the way. It involved a couple of other departments to sort it out so the speed of finding a resolution was amazing - just killer customer service by their entire team! Can't thank them enough and highly recommend Wagepoint.

Puntos a favor

It's simple to set up and extremely easy to use; easily exported into accounting software (Xero), therefore saving a ton of work posting manual payroll journals. It's also very cost effective compared to other providers.

Desventajas

It would be great if the departments assigned in to employees exported over to the department field in Xero. Department is noted in the description though, so it's straightforward to add it myself, but would be good if that was automated. I'd also like to see employee self-onboarding i.e. I enter name, SIN, salary and the employee gets invited to input the rest of the info.

Farhez L.
  • Industry: Aprendizaje en línea
  • Company size: 51-200 empleados

Great customer support

Revisado el 19/2/2021

I use wagepoint for payroll.. it is wonderful. It pays everyone on time, each staff member gets their paystubs, annual statements etc. Wagepoint also withholds taxes, CPP, EI and submits to CRA on our behalf.. thank you Wagepoint.
Recently, my company added a pension plan, the wagepoint software allows me to deduct the employees pension portion from their pay and manages all that as well... what more can you ask a software to accomplish?

Puntos a favor

The customer support for Wagepoint is absolutely wonderful... while the software is intuitive and easy to use, once in a while I get stuck on how to do something different from the routine tasks and I am so very delighted to say that the support is fantastic. The support team gets back to me promptly, provide instructions on what I need etc. They follow up to make sure everything is working properly; you don't see companies these days extending their help and support I am happy to have chosen Wagepoint as our payroll software for our company

Desventajas

Small scaling and interface things if I had to choose something to improve upon

Janine B.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Excellent customer service to back up a very user friendly product

Revisado el 6/12/2019

Aside from the report period variation described above, Wagepoint has been very easy to use and the customer support (when needed) has been very quick and helpful.

Puntos a favor

-Very user friendly for business owners as well as bookkeepers
-Easy set up and clean dashboard
-Employees love direct deposit and ease of access for paystubs/T4's
-Business Owners like the WSIB and Tax payments

Desventajas

We recently underwent a payroll audit and had to produce 12 months of reports. Although the source deductions must be calculated and remitted monthly by Wagepoint on the back end, the only reports available on the user side were based on pay periods. Since my client has weekly payruns, it was very tedious to download each week and the auditor was not thrilled having to consolidate it and try to match monthly remittances.

Nancy A.

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Revisado el 22/10/2019

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Puntos a favor

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Desventajas

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Rory S.
  • Industry: Petróleo y energía
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

The epitome of getting what you pay for

Revisado el 4/11/2020

The customer service is atrocious; I have an email chain documenting unimaginable buffoonery. The height of their incompetence would be hilarious on a show like The Office:
I emailed to confirm they weren't making tax filings for a quarter (as I was in the process of transitioning to a competent service). They left me a voicemail that unfortunately the filing had already been made because apparently I hadn't clicked the proper toggle on the website, even though I'd requested from customer service several months earlier that the filings be suspended. I asked to have the filings emailed to me immediately to confirm what was filed. They refused, saying it would be posted to my account within a few days (but after the filing deadline, of course).
When the filings still weren't posted by then, I asked where they were. Another rep responded that they were under the impression I didn't want the filings made, so they hadn't been done. If I'd like the filing done, they would - but charge me $75 since it was a $0-filing.
I called and reached a receptionist who claimed he could only take a message and was unable to transfer me to a human being. Roughly a day later, a 3rd company rep emailed to report they'd made the filing (for free bc of the "confusion" but w/o actually consulting me on how I wanted to handle the situation). When asked how they planned to address the late-filing penalties, they warned that the responsibility for timely filings was "ultimately" mine. Are you kidding me?

Puntos a favor

I was initially attracted to (and eventually chose) this payroll provider for its simplistic cost structure: $22/payroll with all tax filings included. That turned out to be false - if you don't run any payrolls in a quarter, the cost for literally filing a bunch of $0s more than triples to $75.
Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface. That also ended up being false, with the clunky functionality not allowing for granularity such specifying which filings to make in a quarter or personalizing reports.

Desventajas

It's incredibly clunky, unable to be personalized and reports seem designed to be confusing and not align with each other.
Want to specify that a tax filing not be made with one agency this quarter? Too bad; it's all or nothing.
Want to compare quarterly tax filings with payroll reports? Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified.
Want just a comprehensive year-end report? Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100.
Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

Carleen V.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Great product!

Revisado el 13/11/2019

Puntos a favor

I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Desventajas

I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.