Carbonite

Solución de copias de seguridad basada en Internet

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación

Reseñas de 150

Andrew K.
  • Industry: Marketing y publicidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Makes for very easy regualr backups

Revisado el 10/11/2019

Very good. We trialled a few different options but this was the best one.

Puntos a favor

Once it is set up properly you don't need to touch it again. If a problem occurs, it gives you a notification and is fixed easy.

Desventajas

Indicating which files and folders to back up can be a pain. By default, it backs up heaps of things that don't need backing up.

Razones para cambiar a Carbonite

Better pricing and much better support responsiveness.
Sarah S.
  • Industry: Medios de difusión
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

Great for Baking Up Data

Revisado el 26/12/2021

If Carbonite changed those two factors I mentioned as cons, I would feel way more confident recommending them to friends because I do like the affordable plan and how easy it is to backup files compared to competitors. And like I mentioned, I also like how they will back up your external hard drive which a competitor I was looking at does not do.

Puntos a favor

As a backstory, I was talking to our tech advisor about our need for backing up our data. While I ensure that I back up my data through my external hard drive, I also know that my external hard drive can go kaput as all of them do eventually. So I mentioned to our tech guy that I feel like we need a cloud storage but I wasn't too fond of Dropbox or Google Drive. He had similar sentiments and recommended Carbonite. He said he uses it with a number of clients with good results. So I took the plunge with their Black Friday deal that included backup for my computer and external hardrive.

Pros:

I liked that it backed up all of my data itself and that I didn't have to do it manually. The only thing I need to do manually is for my future data and the process is SUPER simple even for the tech-challenged.

I also liked that there was the mid-tier option (the one I chose) that backs up your external hard drive.

You get unlimited storage for the tier I chose which is not true of Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and others.

Desventajas

I don't like that I can't easily access my data to see with my own eyes that my data is backed up which is very different than OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox that I can pull up at any time my backup files. I can't tell how good Carbonite is at backing up the files until something goes wrong which makes me nervous.

I don't like that if my external hard drive isn't connected for 30 days, the data is wiped out. What if I'm taking a break from my technology and don't have it hooked up? What if I'm using a different computer at the time because my original laptop and backup hard drive are getting repaired? That made me feel uneasy.

Backblaze

Razones para elegir Carbonite

The process of backing up data on Internex was very time-consuming and I was having difficulty simply backing up videos (anything beyond PNGs, JPGs, and documents/PDFs).

Razones para cambiar a Carbonite

I chose Carbonite because it was more affordable and I could back up my external hard drive.

Respuesta de OpenText Traducir a español

Thank you so much for leaving us some actionable feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to be thorough and honest with us!

Angelica K.
  • Industry: Construcción
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Not a fan

Revisado el 4/1/2022

Not happy with it. It did not work well for us to be able to access files when needed. Primary purpose was back up and thats it.

Puntos a favor

It is nice that it provides backup - but we were told can access it remotely and that was not easy or even possible sometimes. It wouldn't upload

Desventajas

Does not work well for business that try to access the files.

Respuesta de OpenText Traducir a español

Have you tried working with Carbonite support on this matter? Please reach out to them here to see if they can resolve your problems: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Randy W.
  • Industry: Productos químicos
  • Company size: 1.001-5.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Carbonite - Great solutiuon for protection!

Revisado el 22/12/2021

Awesome. I ave had to use the backups to recover failed drives, and ransomed disks.

Puntos a favor

The software is easy to setup. It allows the individual to set up different backups. Incremental (daily), full (weekly or daily). Support is great and very helpful. You can encrypt the backups. Carbonite checks the backups on a continuous basis for ransomware.

Desventajas

By default it selects the folders for you. This is OK, but not all folders need backed up. It is easy to unselect the folders.

Respuesta de OpenText Traducir a español

Thanks for leaving us some detailed and positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to be descriptive and honest!

David M.
  • Industry: Tecnología y servicios de la información

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Carbonite for personal or small business

Revisado el 11/3/2021

Complete system restoration was a huge problem solver. Also real time continuous synched back up helped immensely for incidents such as accidental deletion.

Puntos a favor

The product was easy to implement and configure. The best features were continuous synchronous backup, and backup with encryption. It also had a feature to back up the entire system that could be used to restorer after a hardware failure.

Desventajas

The features were never a problem, however the pricing model changed significantly that made the prodcut unaffordable to my business and my clients.

Razones para elegir Carbonite

The pricing model changed, and it exceeded the budget allocated.

Razones para cambiar a Carbonite

Pricing was the best and Carbonite contained all of the features I was looking for.

Respuesta de OpenText Traducir a español

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm sorry to hear that our pricing model was not to your satisfaction. Please reach out to our sales team to see if we can work something out: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Mike N.
  • Industry: Fuerzas armadas

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Information and file redundancy is key

Revisado el 15/12/2020

My experience with Carbonite has been entirely positive. The few times that I have had to restore a file or several files were just a minor inconvenience compare to recreating the information from scratch. I would definitely recommend using this backup platform.

Puntos a favor

After a small learning curve the platform's UI is easy to configure and is intuitive. I can retrieve a backup copy of a lost file through the software's pop up in a matter of minutes and continue on with the project.

Desventajas

Unfortunately, any older files which are in my back up must be restored by a Carbonite representative. This involves a phone call and some time with the representative. Not a bad experience, just a minor inconvenience compared to the do-it-yourself newer backed up files.

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Servicios para el consumidor

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great tool for backing up your computer files

Revisado el 16/7/2020

You can choose which files/folders I want to include. A few times, I have needed to do either a file restore or a complete system restore and you are happy you have Carbonite since restoring is also easy.

Puntos a favor

It works automatically in the background.. I have mine set up auto-backup daily at 4pm. Nice that it does its thing in the background and you don't have to manage it.

Desventajas

Nothing really bad to say.. the interface is basic and pretty easy to understand. There is nothing I would chance.

Daniel W.
  • Industry: Bibliotecas
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Carbonite backup solution

Revisado el 29/12/2020

Overall this software runs well. Again after a few adjustments with the policy, the backup solution runs at full throttle uploading data based on your specifications. The restore options are also wonderful and take less time than other backup solutions.

Puntos a favor

Carbonite endpoint backup solution has ease of deployment and policy settings. Once you set it up correctly based on your companies values, carbonite does the rest.

Desventajas

Coming off of the trial and into production it seemed that policy settings where missed. It would have been beneficial for carbonite to explain more in depth about restrictions within their policy settings. After a few phone calls back and forth everything seems to be running well.

Communication to the customer is key

CrashPlan

Cost

Software anterior

CrashPlan

Razones para cambiar a Carbonite

Carbonite has all the tools and backup solutions that fit within our budget.
Darell B.
  • Industry: Seguridad informática y de redes

Carbonite is a Valuable Tool

Revisado el 27/8/2020

I have been using Carbonite for Years and the Customer Service is 5 star and the software will auto backup all your data all day long just set it and forget it.

Puntos a favor

I have used Carbonite for a long time and recommend to all my business customers because it is the most reliable backup on the market and easy to use.

Desventajas

The pricing is a little expensive but it is a Great Product

Razones para cambiar a Carbonite

After reading the reviews of Carbonite it was customer after customer satisfaction.
Guy G.
  • Industry: Administración educativa
  • Company size: 201-500 empleados

Backup software

Revisado el 24/7/2021

Puntos a favor

High value for money. Great back up schedule. Ease to restore files.

Desventajas

Challenge to remove backed up files you delete from machine. Some times too many files are restored.

Respuesta de OpenText Traducir a español

Hey there - Thanks so much for leaving us some feedback! Have you tried working with our support team regarding the challenges you're facing to remove backed up files?

• Industry: Construcción
  • Company size: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Use Carbonite if you don't want to risk losing your data on your computer

Revisado el 17/9/2018

Puntos a favor

I have used Carbonite in the past when I was running a company with 10 employees. One of my worst fears in the world would be having a computer corrupt or damaged and not able to access the files. It is better to be prepared than kick yourself later for not doing it. It was easy to set up carbonite on all of the computer and synced the backup on changes that were made within the computer. You select what folders that carbonite will consistently backup, such as my documents or customer invoices folder etc. The plan did not have any data limits on the amount of data you can backup. Carbonite really saved us when one of the disgruntled employees was trying to maliciously delete important documents and negatively hurt the company. It was about as simple as can be to retrieve the documents that were deleted and so nothing bad happened in result of this individuals actions. I never noticed any computer performance when running this software on a computer. I was surprised because I thought it would affect the computer in a negative way. I would recommend Carbonite for anybody dealing with important documents on a computer that cannot lose the information.

Desventajas

The least of what I liked about this is probably pricing. I feel like it should be a little lower for a backup system. There are quite a few plans to choose from but think the pricing for all of them should be a little lower. Other than that everything is perfect!

Gregory W.
  • Industry: Administración gubernamental
  • Company size: 10.000+ empleados

Great Backup software - expensive

Revisado el 9/10/2018

I hav ebeen using Carbonite for about 5 years.

Puntos a favor

Carbonite was one of the first cloud backup services available. For an annual fee (which can be renewed for up to three years at a time), you can have all your files uploaded to a secure server. All files are encrypted and stored safely until you need them again. Carbonite constantly checks your system for new files and updates the backup as needed.

Carbonite also has an option to back up your entire system--not just document files.

The best selling point is that your files are encrypted before they leave your system.

Desventajas

Carbonite is a bit on the expensive side, when you consider that there are less expensive options available for simple (unencrypted) cloud services. Also, restoring a backup from Carbonite can take many days because of the encryption/decryption process. Unless you absolutely need a system backup, use another service for cloud storage.

Adam M.
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

Carbonite - Great Support - Slow Servers

Revisado el 8/10/2020

The service that carbonite provides is invaluable. If you don't have your computer files backed up in a remote location you really need to. We have computers "die" all the time and without carbonite (or a similar service) we would be in danger of losing years worth of work.

Puntos a favor

I like how easy it is to setup Carbonite. You download the software then simply tell it what files/folders you want backed up. Then you tell it how often to back up. It is easy to setup and after it is setup, you'll forget its there...until your computer dies and you need to restore the files. Luckily, having carbonite means that if/when your computer dies, you won't lose your valuable files. Their customer support is really good. I was having trouble restoring files and was able to get a support agent on the phone within 10 minutes and within another 5-10 minutes we were good to go.

Desventajas

The carbonite website is pretty slow. I am restoring about 20gb of files now and it is going super slow. It is saying it'll take 16hrs to download 20gb. That's insanely slow. I know it is not our internet because I transfer large files a lot and it doesn't take long with our internet speed in the office.

• Industry: Instituciones religiosas
  • Company size: 11-50 empleados

Dependable service

Revisado el 19/9/2018

Have not had to use at work because no problems. However, several years ago at home I did lose my files and it was easy to access and download what I anted. I truly wish they had not increased their annual fee but I am using a freebie. I don't have the money at home to have Sea Gate to backup everything but we do have at work along with Carbonite. However, when the contract expires we will be leaving Carbonite because they charge too much.

Puntos a favor

Carbonite works behind the scenes and I have used here at work and at home. You can be confident your files are available if they are lost on your computer

Desventajas

The increase in the yearly fee. There are other systems that do similar saving like in cloud that are free. You would still need something like Sea Gate to back up the external and that would cost more in Carbonite but it would make more sense paying for. However, Sea Gate is a one time purchase.

Felicia H.
  • Industry: Salud, bienestar y deporte

Great Customer Support

Revisado el 8/2/2020

My employees are not IT people, so when we have a backup problem we get on the phone with Carbonite. They take over the computer and find the problems. It's as simple as that. They are so respectful to my team when there are issues and they have taught us how to do simple problem solving checks that can solve the problem! We are very happy with Carbonite.

Puntos a favor

We use Carbonite as our backup program for our computer system. On occasion when our computers update it will change settings on the computer. Carbonite has the ability to let you know via email if it backed up successfully or not. This way we can catch a problem as soon as it arises.

Desventajas

On occasion there are issues with the computers backing up because of new computer updates. This is solved by alerting us via email when our server does not backup properly.

Monique B.
  • Industry: Relaciones gubernamentales

Worth the Money

Revisado el 31/12/2019

Carbonite is definitely worth the money. Yes, it may be a little pricey; however, the cost is relative if you ever need to recover information/data from several PCs.

Puntos a favor

We use Carbonite in our office and it is a great program to have. The software runs in the background and doesn't slow your computer down. I also appreciate the friendly reminders of when we're either running out of space or didn't backup a computer during the week.

Desventajas

Make sure each machine has a specific profile name because the system will get confused. Also, please don't attempt to duplicate machine names (i.e. if your computer is completing an IT replacement) as this also confusing the system.

Heather W.
  • Industry: Servicios jurídicos
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Reliable

Revisado el 10/10/2018

Overall this is a great product for adding another method of backup to your files for a good price.

Puntos a favor

I like that this software is very reliable. It is working in the background constantly updating all new files. Not only that, but it doesn't slow down the computer while doing it which is a huge plus in my book. I've had many other software programs slow my computer down and I end up ditching them. If we accidentally delete a file, we can go into Carbonite and recover it.

Desventajas

A couple downsides to this is that if you do happen to lose your information, it takes a long time to download all of the files back onto your computer. Another downside is that Cabonite does not backup any files that have the symbol ~ in the name. I use this often to put certain commonly used files up at the top of list for quick access.

• Industry: Contabilidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Carbonite has saved me a couple of times

Revisado el 24/12/2018

I needed the ability to back up my laptop to a remote location. I've used Carbonite for probably 10 years. I had two instances where hard drives went bad during my busy season. Thankfully we were using Carbonite on each computer. I was able to get up and running within a day and ever since then, I've used Carbonite. It's a lifesaver and gives me piece of mind knowing that my files are safely backed up.

Puntos a favor

It's easy to set up and operates behind the scenes. You don't even know it's running and it backs up your files to the cloud. Super simple to set up and use.

Desventajas

I don't have any issues with this software. The prices is reasonable, the back up process is simple, and it's a great piece of mind software.

William R.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Carbonite keeps your information safe

Revisado el 30/7/2020

Carbonite is a great product that's very reasonably priced and does an excellent job backing up your information. We have personally relied on them more than once to backup information that was lost in a computer crash and we have never been disappointed.

Puntos a favor

Carbonite makes keeping a record of your valuable information extremely easy and reliable. In the past when we have had a computer crash and vital information was lost from the unit we were able to easily find and backup the information from Carbonite.

Desventajas

We really have not had any negative experience with using Carbonite. It is easy to set up and to download your lost information.

Jessica F.
  • Industry: Contabilidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Set it and forget it while having peace of mind

Revisado el 25/9/2018

I've had them for over 10 years in my personal computer and I've been very happy. I didn't care for the business version so chose not to use it for my business as there are other products that offer a better value.

Puntos a favor

Once you configure your initial backup, Carbonite will take care of everything for you on auto pilot. New files and changed files will automatically be backed up without you having to remember to. Restoring files after a catastrophic hard drive failure took a while due to the size of the backup but worked well.

Desventajas

Price has been increasing steadily over the years without adding value, other providers are now more competitive price wise.

Kim T.
  • Company size: 11-50 empleados

Excellent Back-up Software

Revisado el 10/10/2020

We have been with Carbonite since they started. The offer Peace of mind. If you have ever crashed without back-up you would know what a disaster that is. We back up all our PC and our NAS continuously.

Puntos a favor

Carbonite is easy to set up on each machine. We can select what we want backed up. Restore can be done in a couple ways.

Desventajas

Occasionally it will give you a message that something is not being backed up and 99% of the time if you check you will find it was being backed up anyway. Just little glitches like that.

Sharon M.
  • Industry: Software informático

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Good backup software for personal or home use

Revisado el 14/7/2017

Peace of mind knowing my files are backed up.

Puntos a favor

- You can back up an unlimited amount of photos, music, and files.
- You can easily see what files are included in the backup, and easily add more files.
- Backup is continuous, you don't have to check it or worry about it.
- Overall a good backup solution. I have not had any problems or errors.

Desventajas

- It takes forever to retrieve your files. I am restoring files from my old computer to my new one. It has been going for about three WEEKS and it is now at 83%. However, if I needed one particular file right away, I could search for and download that one sooner.

Ken B.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Carbonite has been there for me through a few system crashes - had my date backed up and ready...

Revisado el 26/7/2018

Great backup of my work - only downside was slow in getting them loaded back.

Puntos a favor

Carbonite was my safety net when my system crashed. I have created a LOT of marketing material over time and it is imperative to have a backup system. I was able to find the files I needed and load them back. Their phone line customer service was also top-notch the one time I called. They were professional and helpful and had me up and running quickly.

Desventajas

The main detriment is that if you have a lot of large files it will take you a long time even with fast upload speed to get your files loaded back.

Trevor B.
  • Industry: Instituciones religiosas

An absolute Must

Revisado el 13/3/2020

Overall very positive. I will always use an online backup system and carbonite is the best I've ever used.

Puntos a favor

After losing all my files on an external hard drive, I switched to Carbonite. It automatically backs up my computer files daily. I can access them online and download them on any computer. If in the event my computer crashes, I can download all my files to my new computer.

Desventajas

It didn't back up all my videos. Not sure why it may have been my subscription. But I lost several video files.

Don B.
  • Industry: Aviación y aeroespacial

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Sleep well knowing your data is protected!

Revisado el 18/4/2018

it provide the peace of mind knowing that your data is always backed up. It does this on a daily basis, so you have the most up to date image of current data.

Puntos a favor

One of the best features of this software is the ease of use. Upon setup, it walks you through the entire process. Doesn't get any easier than that. I've used this software for several years and during that time had on two occasions lost a hard drive and all the data on it. Thankfully Carbonite was there to restore.

Desventajas

I've used Carbonite for several years and honestly don't have any negatives for this program. It just works!