Resource Guru

4,7 (504)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Software de programación de equipos basado en la nube

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

504 opiniones

Paul
Paul

Resource Guru Gets the Job Done Easily

Revisado el 13/6/2023

Easy way to keep track of resources for scheduling, planning and project purposes

Puntos a favor

Ease of use and simple , effective visualization of scheduled resources

Desventajas

Needed to integrate with Harvest to get full picture of time actually spent on projects rather than just time scheduled

Russ
  • Sector: Dispositivos médicos

Awesome Tool for Resource Management

Revisado el 1/3/2021

We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Desventajas

I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Ana
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

RESOURCE GURU - ok for small and medium companys and/or not too demanding user

Revisado el 7/2/2020

We use it for micro and macro managing of our team. For bigger companies such as ours it is not flexible enough. Reasons as listed above.

Puntos a favor

I LOVE the sayings from the sitting guru on the upper right side on the dashboard.

Desventajas

I miss certain features or find them not to be optimal for end user:
- Colouring certain project or client, without influencing dashboards in other offices worldwide, who happen to work on the same project or client (if I want to mark it regionally)
- Search function is not successfully applicable (you dont't get clean results, without clutter)
- Not optimal print option for weekly overview (Guru in the middle, format wrong)
- Copy function only with shift key + draging the selected entry to duplicate it somewhere else
- Reports export to excell is not usable without modifying the excell spread sheet
- Complicated weekend bookings

Hi Ana

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some difficulties. I wanted to let you know that we have plans to release custom fields for bookings in future, and this should help you to categorise individual bookings without having to use the "Color by" setting.

When you filter resources you will see all bookings which have been made for them, and we are currently working on a dedicated project/client view to make it even easier to focus in on bookings for specific projects/clients.

Resource Guru was designed to be used as an online tool, so we don't have a print feature right now but we do plan to support printing in future.

I can see you discussed the report downloads with our team and I'd recommend you use the XLSX file rather than the CSV file.

When it comes to booking at the weekend, if your resources aren't normally availability you can create an availability exception as shown here https://bit.ly/31H5S6C You can also flag overtime!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks

Lisa

Happy User

Revisado el 15/1/2024

Overall, I am very happy. We used the tool for planning at my last employer. I recommended the tool to my new employer and introduced it.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, everyone has access, good overview

Desventajas

Limited options for handling (for example no return button)

Luke

Highly recommended

Revisado el 12/4/2023

I have used Resource Guru for almost a decade now and I would be at pains to switch to anything else.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use and intuitive functionality. Unlike a lot of other management software, with Resource Guru it's clear and obvious how to use it and it's functionality and features. It's so simple yet usefull that all members of the team can pick it up quickly and use it daily.

Desventajas

It only really does one function. But it does that function very well instead of spreading itself to thin.

Jira, Slack, monday.com y Asana

Razones para cambiar a Resource Guru

Easy to use and intuitive functionality. Not a lot of Project Management tools include scheduling functionality, and those that do don't do it as well as Resource Guru.
Tom

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Brilliant, intuitive platform with top class customer support

Revisado el 1/7/2022

It has turned something we used to do slowly and manually into something done in seconds.

Puntos a favor

It looks great, the daily update emails are really helpful, it's very easy to use and the reporting is incredibly useful

Desventajas

I wish there were more features, especially around putting in (and being able to export) a project timeline with milestones. This would mean you could see the duration of a project and its different phases, then see all the resources booked underneath. I would also love a mobile app!

Smartsheet

Razones para elegir Resource Guru

Float's pricing structure is ridiculous - there is no help for a small company

Software anterior

Float

Razones para cambiar a Resource Guru

Resource Guru is intuitive and pleasant to use. it's also much easier and makes more sense.

Hi Tom

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Milestones, project phases and a dedicated mobile app are firm features on our roadmap, so I've made a note to contact you once they get released :)

If there's anything else I can do to help at any point please don't hesitate to reach out!

Simon

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Couldn't run the team without it

Revisado el 24/9/2019

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Puntos a favor

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Desventajas

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Microsoft Teams y eResource Scheduler

Razones para elegir Resource Guru

The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Razones para cambiar a Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.
Ross
  • Sector: Petróleo y energía

Daily Resource Guru user

Revisado el 28/1/2021

As mentioned above, the web based ease of use and reporting functionality make Resource Guru a trusted tool for maintaining and tracking our resource based projects. Highly recommend!

Puntos a favor

My company chose Resource Guru because of the web based interface. We've stayed for the ease of use and robust reporting functionality. We are able to extract daily, monthly, and yearly (or custom) reports and easily create Excel pivot tables for internal analyzing. This feature alone is extremely beneficial to our company.

Desventajas

No dark theme. It's only a minor thing but would really like to see the quality of life feature added to future versions.

Ben
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great resourcing software. So easy to use.

Revisado el 22/4/2021

Has helped immensely with staff resourcing and maximising utilisation.

Has helped immensely with staff resourcing and maximising utilisation.

Puntos a favor

The visual interface and ease to move (drag and drop) staff bookings around.

Desventajas

Not having a search feature within Projects field.

Hi Ben
Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We do have plans to let you reorder your projects in future, but I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet. In the meantime, you could put numbers at the start of your projects names in order to group them on the schedule.

Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do to help :)

Steve
Steve
  • Sector: Servicios financieros
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

An adequate calendaring tool for resource management

Revisado el 19/10/2019

We use Resource Guru to manage the utilization/booking of our research facilities. This works well for us as we have a small number of facilities we manage. I cannot offer a recommendation for/against this project for large numbers of resources (>10) as it might be cumbersome at that point. For our limited resource pool, it works well.

Puntos a favor

The interface is simple to use and understand with respect to resource availability and conflict. It serves its purpose well.

Desventajas

New feature rollout is buggy. When I switched between the "beta" ("new") experience back to the classic, I received a nagging email from the company telling me I had recently logged in using the "classic" experience and it would eventually be discontinued, and that I should try out the "new" experience. This product is basically a shared calendar, and while it offers reporting that is a hybrid somewhere between Microsoft Outlook and Project, it's a bit too pushy with respect to new features.

Hi Steve

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Resource Guru! I'm sorry that you felt our message regarding the new schedule was a bit pushy or potentially buggy. We needed to share this message because the old schedule will shortly be retired, and we didn't want people to be taken by surprise by that. As long as you click the cross to close the message, it won't reappear for you.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to reassure you about the new schedule. It's a vast improvement on the old one - it's been completely rebuilt from the ground up to provide lightning fast scheduling, infinite scrolling, lots of enhancements including elastic overtime, and it's just as stable for incredibly large teams as it is for very small ones.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other feedback or questions we'd love to hear from you!

Kt

Great piece of software

Revisado el 25/11/2022

Puntos a favor

Really easy to use and UX friendly. Intuitive functionality and transparent scheduling. Constantly updating and developing functions which is great. Great customer service

Desventajas

No negatives to be honest it’s a better piece of resourcing software than I’ve ever used

Nancy

Resource Guru Review

Revisado el 17/7/2019

Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Puntos a favor

It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Desventajas

The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

Respuesta de Resource Guru

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

Emma
  • Sector: Diseño

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Amazing software that's incredibly useful for our Studio team

Revisado el 24/1/2022

We as a team absloutely love using RG, we use it on a daily basis and it really has transformed the way in which we work as a team, making us more collaborative and organised.

Puntos a favor

Can't believe how cheap this software is and all the built in capabilities! It's great, we are a team of 7 and this has helped us with our project management bookings.

You can clearly see what work is booked in over the weeks/months and allows you easily to move stuff round.

Desventajas

I would like there to be an option to have specific colours per clients. It would also be good if it retained hours per project. For example we have big animation projects in that are broken down into sketches, moodboard, animation etc and would be good to have some sort of log if the time gets moved.

Hi Emma

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps

Also task dependencies are firmly on our roadmap for the future, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet; but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

Spencer
  • Sector: Ingeniería civil
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great scheduling app for teams

Revisado el 24/2/2020

We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Puntos a favor

The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Desventajas

The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

Hi Spencer

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help.

Markus
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Ou daily challange for organising and planning multiple teams and projects

Revisado el 6/12/2019

As already written before, we are managing several teams and projects with the tool. It is our main tool, to organise the day to day work and do long term planning. We build an interface into our financial tools, to have an automated process to align budgets with the planning!

Puntos a favor

We like the easy to use approach and the overall visibility
Very important is the cooperation and management of a single resource with multiple people. To reduce the risk of double bookings or gaps...

Desventajas

There is very little what is not optimal. We are happy that overtime is possible now... but maybe a bit more reporting functionality would be good.. not as "extracts" more online!

and if I could whish for something, the integration into JIRA is something we would need!

Hi Markus

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can quickly and easily connect Resource Guru with Jira using our Zapier integration, and you don't need any programming skills to do this :) You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And you can find the Resource Guru/Jira specific integration page just here: https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/resource-guru

Alternatively we also offer an API which you can use to create an integration if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Elom
  • Sector: Contabilidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Resource Guru - RMT

Revisado el 11/2/2020

We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Puntos a favor

Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Desventajas

Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files;
Unable to sort resources by experience level
Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason.
Unable to color code by client and also by booker

Hi Elom

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more

When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports

Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :)

Damien
  • Sector: Diseño gráfico

review resource guru

Revisado el 18/12/2023

Great tool and handy to make scheduling

Great tool and handy to make scheduling

Puntos a favor

It's a great tool Great tool and handy to make scheduling

Desventajas

Missing to indicate the jobs that are ready are ready.

Hi Damien

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru!

You mentioned that there's no way to indicate when a job is ready, so I wondered if you were familiar with the difference between confirmed/unconfirmed bookings? If a booking is not yet ready to be confirmed, it can be added as a tentative booking, or added to the waiting list, or it could be pending approval. When bookings are ready to be confirmed, just change the tentative status, approve/decline it, or move it off the waiting list.

These workflows help you and your team to differentiate between confirmed and unconfirmed bookings. You can learn more over in our Help Centre: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to reach out :)

Dale

Fantastic tool

Revisado el 24/9/2019

Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Puntos a favor

Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Desventajas

Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Pedro

Resource Management Made Easy

Revisado el 24/9/2019

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Puntos a favor

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Desventajas

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Brittany

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Resource Guru is amazing!

Revisado el 20/9/2019

Puntos a favor

This program has been a vital part of out organization. I use this every day to schedule all of our resources for all of our projects and even PTO. We then download this information and use it to help forecast our revenue. It is incredibly easy to use and manipulate. The Beta is amazing!

Desventajas

I would like it if you could add a rate to each booking. That would make it easier to forecast revenue. Other than that, the product is great!

Matthew

Resource Guru - How its helped the day-to-day operation

Revisado el 17/12/2019

Overall it's been a great experience and helped me and my team better operate our day-to-day tasks and ability to manage our staff and projects.

It's a tool I've used for a few years now and do not see us looking back.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use - loved the beta version and very happy that is now the standard. Easy to update multiple days on the fly and saves as you go.

Great feature of saving teams/groups so I can see a quick look without having to multi click.

Desventajas

Only thing I can say is I wish there was a better way to export reports from the software, possibly export into excel where I can print out the relevant information.

Respuesta de Resource Guru

Thanks Matt - Did you realise you can download reports as an excel file. https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942087-using-the-downloaded-reports

Hope that makes your life easier :)

Cheers, Percy

Alan
  • Sector: Diseño

A Helping Hand

Revisado el 22/2/2021

Resource Guru is great really help keep on top managing your workflow.

Resource Guru is great really help keep on top managing your workflow.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, helpfully displays list of tasks for the day and week. easy to amended if the work flow changes, and keep track of work done and what is lined up next.

Desventajas

The only con that comes to mind is that unless you have schedule open in Brower your are not notified is anything is add or removed on the day you are work.

Hi Alan

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) We have firm plans to release an enhanced notification system in future, but in the meantime if you'd like emails to be sent more frequently you could setup DIY notifications using our Zapier integration. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app
I'm not sure which email client you use, but as an example, you can find the triggers and actions available between Resource Guru and Gmail here https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations/resource-guru.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Angela
  • Sector: Investigación

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

My go-to tool for creative project planning

Revisado el 29/9/2021

Resource Guru has helped me on my day to day, being able to plan and schedule projects easily for my team. The colour scheme makes it easy to, after a quick glance, know what projects are planned for the week and see who is working on what. The feature of 'split booking' is very hand as well.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, highly customisable and visually appealing.

Desventajas

Something that could be added is the option of duplicating a scheduled project from one resource to another.

Hi Angela

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) I just wanted to let you know that you can quickly duplicate bookings from one resource to another by using SHIFT+drag, so there's no need to manually create bookings! You can find further details about it just here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942096-duplicate-or-copy-calendar-events

Melissa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Revisado el 13/8/2019

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

- Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Desventajas

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

Kevin
  • Sector: Medios de difusión

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

Revisado el 5/2/2020

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

Puntos a favor

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

Desventajas

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings