Opiniones de Viewpoint Spectrum

Viewpoint Spectrum

Software de gestión de la construcción

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

406 opiniones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

I am always learning something new with Spectrum!

Revisado el 26/7/2018

I benefit daily from spectrum from payroll and certified payroll reports it really is helpful to get those reports from spectrum and every Contractor I have sent them to has excepted them. We also benefit from job costs and equipment costs management .

Puntos a favor

What I like most about spectrum is it really is an all in one program and is always improving, also being able to pull reports on jobs and costs is very convenient and easy.

Desventajas

Customer support be a bit time consuming. There is so much to spectrum that it can be a bit overwhelming if you are a smaller company.

Carol
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Viewpoint Spectrum: Would Recommend to Any Construction Co.

Revisado el 21/7/2023

Overall it has been a great experience. I have no doubt I picked the right software. It is easy to use, the trainers were knowledgeable and easy to follow. The few times I have needed Tech Support, the response was quick and the issue was resolved. It does everything we need it to do.

Puntos a favor

I really like the AP system. Very easy to enter data and make corrections. The support I receive from Viewpoint is very helpful. Now that the training is finished, I feel they still have my back. Also the Cash Management with being able to print MICR checks. Now we can order blank checks instead of having to order new checks for each account (53 of them).

Desventajas

My least favorite module is AR. Entering information is easy, but if you make a mistake it is hard to follow how to make the correction. Maybe it is just me, but I think it could work a little easier.

Les

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Spectrum ERP is adequate for a majority of your needs

Revisado el 23/8/2022

We have not had a great experience with Spectrum from the initial sale, where we were told its capabilities in multi-company interchange, and found out it was untrue, and wanted us to pay a huge amount for this capability.

Technical support is terrible where you have to sometimes wait for weeks to get an answer. I don't know when the last time I got an answer the same day, but with our other software we do.

Puntos a favor

The import data feature utilizing Excel is a really good system.

It does what an ERP system should do, so it gets the job done, not the most efficient but it works.

Desventajas

This system is very click heavy and not streamlined. You have to click multiple times to get anything done, even though there is not reason to have to have extra clicks. Screen displays from on area are not consistent in another (some you enter up front info to see the input/edit screen, others the input/edit is displayed and is allowable when you enter the required information).

It is not always intuitive for each module on where to go to get the information you are looking for.

Many of the standard reports are really not helpful or complete as our last ERP system. Payroll Tax reports for state and federal requirements are not available unless you pay for custom reports at a very high premium rate.

If you write reports using Crystal Reports or SQL, trying to find the correct fields and tables are difficult at best, I spend a lot of time in trial and error trying to find the right table and fields, other ERP systems I have used have an option that you can hover over any field in the display to see the table and field used.

Not every table has an option to import changed data into the system, if something was entered/imported incorrectly (for instance they use a 2 digit year for equipment model year, upon import if you used a 4 digit year, they do not fail the import or warn you, they take the first 2-digits of the year, and after the fact you cannot modify the data except by hand). There are quite a few tables like this that you cannot change after the fact.

Respuesta de Trimble

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to leave a review! We want to make sure you're aware of our customer resources including Viewpoint Academy, The Network, and more. Follow the link for more information on these resources.

Katie
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones

Accounting user

Revisado el 17/7/2023

Puntos a favor

The Job Module is very robust and easy to use with lots of feature to help manage projects effectively.

Desventajas

The service contract module is not user friendly and should allow more reporting features. I frequently have to run multiple reports and manually combine in Excel.

Gwyn
  • Sector: Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Our perspective

Revisado el 14/7/2023

The implementation of the software was frustrating at best. High costs to get basic training to implement the software that should have been included in the purchase price. The Service Tech application has been nothing but aggravating. Notes are lost, labor hours are lost. It has taken months to get the app working correctly, but still issues arise which cause payroll issues. Running payroll is over complicated and the minimal training we have received was not efficient to learn it properly. Now that things are settled, and our data is all inputted to Spectrum, we are running a lot smoother. The staff that uses the software is trained to be able to use 75% of the software. There are many features we do not use due to lack of training and the features not being user friendly or at an additional cost. On the positive side, invoices are going out smoothly, posting AP, payments, and cash receipts are going well.

Puntos a favor

The ease of invoicing. AP invoices are instantly attached to a job or work order and the labor and notes carry over from the Service Tech App. It's nice to have all the charges already ready to be reviewed and invoiced. We do appreciate the real-time availability of the data. We can leave one site map open with data already entered and then we can open a new site map to add or change information. This allows us to not have to delete and start over on the original site map. We like the ability to be able to attach documents.

Desventajas

The implementation of the software was frustrating at best. High costs to get basic training to implement the software. The Service Tech application has been nothing but aggravating. Notes are lost, labor hours are lost. It has taken months to get the app working correctly, but still issues arise which cause payroll issues. Access to the work order/reports/labor report is terrible. Once the data is pulled to payroll it is not possible to pull the technician's time. There is no other report we can pull to send the guys to verify their hours.

Lisa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Spectrum- accounting review

Revisado el 8/7/2023

Customer support is awful. The software is too clunky. The cash management and g/l needs a lot work to get into the current century. Too many tabs.

Puntos a favor

I like the contract status report. It is one of the best reports on the market.

Desventajas

Trial balance functionality. You can not run trial balance specific date. Can not drill down from trial balance. It is not easy to enter a journal entry. Although there are alot of templates that can be imported into the system but it is not the answer. It would be great if you could enter the journal entry in one screen . Tooo many tabs to do a simple task.

Jerrylynn
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

Spectrum implementation in Construction Company

Revisado el 7/7/2023

The system is strong but it could be more consistent. Training is touch for new employees because of the multiple steps and inconsistencies between modules. Ability to store documents and records is the true benefit.

Puntos a favor

System is purposeful and structured. Users need to understand and follow all of the steps in a process, which sometimes at the beginning seem difficult. However overtime with an increased level of understanding the system becomes the system of record. Our favourite feature in our office is decreased reliance on paper. Our AP, cash management and AR departments are all paperless!

Desventajas

Spectrum could make things earlier by having consistency between modules. There is currently inconsistently between the AP and AR modules. Consistency would be very helpful especially when learning the system. Help desk - we have incurred thousands of dollars using our implementation subcontractor to help identify fixes to issues. The help desk for months didn't answer the phone and unless your payroll wasn't being released there was no phone call back. Their sales brochure shows 'world class' support department. This non-level of service will cost you money.

Andrea

Spectrum Review

Revisado el 26/7/2023

Visibility of job cost and the detailed reports have helped to simplify the reporting. Tracking contracts and change requests are important to us and are easy to do. Payroll processing time has been reduced and AP is so much better now that the invoices are routed. Automated purchase orders are now possible too.

Puntos a favor

The job costing module is valuable to us for tracking the real time cost of our projects. I like the interactive menus that change depending on what features are being used. We are able to have custom reports designed.

Desventajas

I have no comments to add here, its a good program.

• Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Viewpoint for Service Departments

Revisado el 26/7/2023

Overall this software is very average.

Overall this software is very average.

Puntos a favor

The ServiceTech app for the crews in the field has been very easy to transition to.

Desventajas

It makes it hard for viewing pictures in the work orders because you can only look at one picture at a time. It also is hard to close work orders that wont be billed out to customers because you have to bill a $0 invoice.

Michelle
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

Construction Software

Revisado el 7/8/2018

I am a project accountant and have been a Spectrum user since 1996 when it was called ForeFront and this is the only construction software I've used. Overall I find the software easy to use. I've participated in training led by Spectrum trainers and their help and advise is invaluable. The ability to export data in different file types for analysis - exporting to excel file, data only is one I use regularly. We're also lucky to have an IT software support specialist with extensive Spectrum background who is able to provide SQL reports for those times when the standard reports and exports don't give us enough flexibility with the data for analysis.

Puntos a favor

Most processes in Spectrum are intuitive for the user.

Desventajas

As a long time user of Spectrum, we have a heavily customized Job Cost Report. It's becoming more difficult to accommodate our custom needs as new versions are released.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Viewpoint Spectrum will bankrupt your company

Revisado el 15/3/2023

I never made it through implementation. Our "consultant" was constantly rescheduling, unavailable, on a trip to some other state. The "project managers" love to schedule useless meetings at a rate of $250 an hour. You will be required to buy "Crystal Reports" to make your own invoice templates or have the consultant do it at $250 an hour. This wasn't disclosed to us. The implementation was extremely difficult. The modules are very hard to use and have way too many features that are not used. Tax deductions in payroll were not correct after several attempts to get them correct. The answer was always to update the payroll deductions file which you also have to do manually. When I asked to end the contract after 2 years even though we signed for 3 because it wasn't working out they said "Too bad" and sent us to collections for a third year of use even though we never even got up and running on the project. A $60 to $80K mistake for our company that is now struggling to make payroll because of it. Highly recommend NOT using Viewpoint Spectrum.

Puntos a favor

Not a Lot. It was hard to use, expensive, hard to implement. Customer service is none existent during implementation and otherwise.

Desventajas

Expensive, Hard to use, doesn't eliminate other programs because their modules aren't that great in some cases.

Harris

• Asistencia al cliente

Look elsewhere if you want a successful implementation with a company that cares.

Revisado el 16/4/2018

If you want a successful implementation with a company that responds promptly and effectively when problems arise, look elsewhere! On our "go live week", Spectrum was not configured, AP and AR were not fully imported and the parts that were imported did not match up. Due to overworked Project Managers, it often took 2-3 days out to schedule a call time with them and no one from Spectrum senior leadership team seemed to care that our implementation was not proceeding successfully. We had to cancel the implementation and revert back to our previous accounting system (at substantial financial cost).

I am currently waiting for my PM to update me on how they plan to take us live yet again with a detailed project plan so the above never happens again (Note: My PM never offered any suggestions here, I had to proactively reach out asking for a go-forward plan to keep them organized.) See below for all the struggles we have had with Spectrum.

Also if you are transitioning from anyone other then the major accounting software systems, stay away! They promised that they had the past experience and knowledge to transition us from our current accounting software, Starbuilder, but when it came time to transition they had no one who knew how to do it.

See "Cons" below for additional problems

I will continue to update this post as things evolve.

Puntos a favor

-None so far as they failed to take us live.
-Competitive pricing
-Great user community with a forum.

Desventajas

Cons:
-Custom projects not delivered on time for "Go Live". At least 1.5 months behind schedule
-Sales team would send a contract and then when we went to sign said they made a mistake and increased contract price.
-Never provided solutions to problems.
-Implementation specialist what tell us features about features that we would be using then come back to us and say those features are actually not included and would be additional.
-Never told us when purchasing that future modules might not be available for self-hosted customers only to more pricey cloud hosted customers (2 are already not available for self-hosted)
-PM teams are not proactive or reactive.
-Concerns and problems are documented by PMs but are never reviewed or escalated to management.
-The purchase of Dexter+Cheny by Viewpoint has hurt the customers as admitted to by employees and seen by users (Short staffed, reassigned positions, information not shared across teams/ companies. )
-Dexter Chaney/ VIewpoint has not once, without a fight, offered acceptable solutions and any problems caused by them.
-User is billed for time spent by PM team to fix problems caused by Dexter Chaney/ VIewpoint
-This list can go on for another 30 bullet points at least.

Melvin

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Spectrum - Great features but could be better

Revisado el 14/11/2013

Puntos a favor

Document imaging is truly built inside the software. The image storage was built inside every module for anything you want to scan. All of our AP (invoices, vendor contracts, Insurance Certs), AR (invoice supporting documents, MSA's), equipment files (titles, registrations), etc. were stored electronically and very easy to review. When approving AP, right inside the pre-check register I could review an electronic copy of any invoice making approval on the road very simple. There were also reports that could be run telling you when contracts were to expire, registrations were due, etc.

The bottom line is that the designers not only listened to what the end users wanted, they also spent a lot of time making sure they designed it to make it easy for everyone. There are also a lot of user designed fields that allow you to customize things to fit your needs.

Desventajas

We had problems keeping the TB in balance. At least every three months, we had a transaction that only posted 1/2 of the entry, so when we ran a trial balance, it was out of balance (and the rebuild utilities wouldn't fix it), we then had to spend hours researching witch entry didn't post correctly, figure out the other side of the entry and then pay someone with backdoor access to recreate the missing entries. When we called Dexter and Chaney's support team, they had no answers as to why it happened; they would just help us figure out how to fix it (charged per hour). The financial report writer needs a lot of work. They do not support any of the better 3rd party systems like FRx, F-9, Hyperion, etc. Therefore, there was a lot of dumping to Excel and re-keying things into formats we could use. There was also zero drill-down capability. If you ran a TB and questioned what was in the line item, you had to run a detailed TB to see the detail. Then, if it came from another sub-ledger you had to run a report there to see the source document.

Our implementation consultant was not very good; her training seemed poor and her knowledge of the workings of Spectrum were great, but she had no experience with the every day use of it, so I frequently pushed back on how it would work in the real world. Eventually she would concede that it would work better the way I proposed.

Nicole

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great product has some flaws but nothing we were not able to work around.

Revisado el 26/3/2021

It's been a great product that we've used for the last 9 years.

It's been a great product that we've used for the last 9 years.

Puntos a favor

The way that as technology changes they system is updated to match.

Desventajas

Vacation accrual system is not what I'd like it to be. I have to do my own spreadsheet to get it to work properly.

Jim

Like the Product Overall but Needs Help

Revisado el 17/7/2023

Yet to be seen but we have not lost hope. We however need quality help from Spectrum.

Puntos a favor

It works for subcontractors that bid Lump Sum and have complexity in their work. Contractors such as electrical, hvac and suppliers and installers of structural and miscellaneous steel require better accounting than many other subcontractors.

Desventajas

Initial Implementation and training has been poor and very frustrating. There have been some good experiences but overall it has been negative and not productive experiences. We own other Trimble products but no one seems to know anything about the other products Trimble sells and we own. We changes to Spectrum for it was supposed to work better than our former accounting system, Computer Ease, but that switch over has not produced the promised results.

Jolynn

Foundation Constructors, Inc. Review

Revisado el 13/7/2023

Our initial set up did not go smoothly at all and we were very unhappy. Once we got things set up correctly for our use, we really like it. We are familiar with the data entry, reporting and more advanced options now and it works great for us! Now that we are set up and have some custom reports, things are good!

Puntos a favor

Once things were set up properly for us, it is fairly easy to use. Running reports is easy and the job costing works well for us.

Desventajas

Customer service is terrible! Response time is slow and the help feature doesn't provide much guidance. I used the help feature more often in the past but, after one of the recent updates, it doesn't help me much at all. The other "Con" would be custom reports. We were surprised by how many reports we needed to customize for every day information.

Kristine

Lacks everything we need

Revisado el 11/7/2023

Puntos a favor

Easy to learn, but tutorials and 'Help' are of little actual help.

Desventajas

Inability to customize reports. To do so, you must purchase Crystal Reports - which then won't correctly connect. Availability of Employee Kiosk is touted, but when we looked into it, were told it isn't available for Spectrum. Navigating Customer support is cumbersome.

Jay

Service Billing Review

Revisado el 18/7/2023

It works. My only comparison is Maxwell. I would not rate this platform better or worse than Maxwell. Each program has/had its issues.

Puntos a favor

I assume that Payroll and Job Cost are why this product was purchased. I do not use those modules. I do like the Contract module (other than actually creating Contract invoices - that's not so good).

Desventajas

Work Order and Service Contract are the units I use. Cost reports cannot be collapsed, information saved to the Cloud constantly disappears (not deleted - just, poof, disappears) when work orders are loaded on the local machine. Work order invoicing (especially batch processing) is lacking. Contract invoicing is awful.

Gord

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Expensive but mostly user friendly

Revisado el 11/7/2023

AP, AR, Multiple company setups, intercompany transactions,

Desventajas

Job costing does not work well, major failure. Difficulty with credit transactions in AP and AR. No ability to match AR and AP from same customer easily

Sonia

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Let's get organized

Revisado el 24/7/2023

It's great once you know how to use the product.

It's great once you know how to use the product.

Puntos a favor

everything is easily accessible, in order. There are multiple ways to get the results you need.

Desventajas

There aren't instructions in the software to assist me if I ever get stuck.

Cecilia

Ceci's review

Revisado el 21/7/2023

Puntos a favor

It's easy to use but there are some reports that we have to build ourselves b/c Spectrum doesn't produce them.

Desventajas

the WIP isn't working for us and I'm not sure why. Haven't been able to figure this out.

Donghyuk
  • Sector: Ingeniería civil

So good so far.

Revisado el 13/7/2023

As I mentioned in the title, so good so far.Viewpoint looks like specified for construction project management. My boss and our team members like this program now. Except for the cons that I typed.

Puntos a favor

The best pros in Viewpoint are connection (Sync) and update. All the update is synced right away. So this was so helpful to me to work on a computer or mobile phone.

Desventajas

Regarding Uploading and downloading the pictures.Our company stop using picture with Spectrum. Because of how hard it is to download and research it.I know you guys make "Tag". But it was not the solution to the work. Also, the Login system makes me so stressful. Every time I need to log in again and again. I hope you can handle this issue.

Myra

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Spectrum Review

Revisado el 4/12/2018

Our experience with Spectrum hasn't been the best. There was great support/conversations during the process to determine if we should go with the software. Then, upon implementation there was a drastic difference. We had a support person come to our facility for a week for a quick overview, but we had to get ourselves up and running. After a short time, the support person was "unavailable" for questions/issues. Our implementation process was done on our own.

Most of the times when we called the support center, issues weren't resolved quickly. At times the person on the other end of the phone was less than courteous. We pretty much ceased calling for assistance and worked around any problems by ourselves.

Easy to use.
Reports and documents look clean.

Desventajas

The Materials Management and Job Cost integration is very cumbersome regarding the Scale Ticket process. Much has to be done before importing ticket files into Spectrum, and it leaves itself open to errors due to the amount of steps needed to complete for job costs, special customer pricing, etc.

Delmas

Excellent construction accounting software

Revisado el 17/7/2020

Our experience with Spectrum has been good over the 6 years we are using the software.

Puntos a favor

This software does a good job of integrating our construction operations. We do not use the project management part of it though.
We do a lot of job costing for our projects.

Desventajas

I think the inventory module should be modernized and brought up to current standards. It is not very easy to use.

Karen

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

We have been with Spectrum since 1997 (when it was Forefront). This software is a workhorse!

Revisado el 16/7/2018

Ease of use and great support!

Ease of use and great support!

Puntos a favor

I like how easy this program is to use. If I can't find the report I need, I can easily export to Excel or Crystal Reports. The document imaging module saves us time when we need to review invoices or other documentation later. When I have issues, the support team is right there and usually can fix the problem while we are on the phone. It is rare for us to have an open ticket.

Desventajas

There are some differences between modules. When you exit a previewed report, some take you back to the site map while others take you back to the report page so you can adjust and run again if necessary. Consistency would be nice. It isn't a big deal, it could save a few steps.

Respuesta de Trimble

You have truly seen the evolution of the software, going all the way back to the Forefront days. Wow! Thank you for your support through the years, Karen. We really value your partnership.