When I Work

4,5 (1.084)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Programación del personal, seguimiento del tiempo, comunicación y asistencia.

Calificación general

4,5 /5
(1.084)
Relación calidad-precio
4,4/5
Funcionalidades
4,3/5
Facilidad de uso
4,5/5
Asistencia al cliente
4,4/5

90%
de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

1084 opiniones

Usuario verificado
Calificación general
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Reseña del software When I Work: Eficiencia en la gestión de horarios laborales

Revisado el 9/2/2023

When I Work es un software de planificación y gestión de horarios diseñado para ayudar a las...

When I Work es un software de planificación y gestión de horarios diseñado para ayudar a las empresas a planificar y asignar turnos de manera eficiente. El software cuenta con una interfaz intuitiva y fácil de usar, así como con una accesibilidad en tiempo real a través de la aplicación móvil. Además, permite una comunicación en tiempo real entre gerentes y empleados.En general, When I Work parece ser una solución eficaz y popular para la planificación y gestión de horarios, pero es importante evaluar cuidadosamente tus propias necesidades y considerar tanto los aspectos positivos como los negativos antes de elegir un software de este tipo.

Puntos a favor

Accesibilidad en tiempo real: Con When I Work, los empleados pueden acceder a sus horarios en cualquier momento y lugar a través de la aplicación móvil, lo que les permite mantenerse informados y planificar su tiempo con anticipación.Comunicación en tiempo real: When I Work permite a los gerentes y empleados comunicarse fácilmente y en tiempo real a través de la plataforma, lo que mejora la eficiencia y la transparencia en el lugar de trabajo.

Desventajas

Soporte: Creo que soporte técnico de When I Work podría ser mejorado, especialmente en cuanto a la resolución de problemas y la rapidez de respuesta.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi there!

Thanks for the detailed review! It's wonderful to see that the real-time accessibility of accessing your schedules at any time is helping you! Improving both the speed and reliability of our software is one of our team's highest priorities. We are constantly working on releasing updates and enhancements to our software. We appreciate your feedback on our customer service and we are constantly working to improve our response time. We appreciate users like you that provide feedback so we can enhance and improve When I Work!

Best,
Shanyce

Bob
Bob
Calificación general
  • Sector: Ingeniería industrial o mecánica
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Could not preform my job with out When I Work

Revisado el 13/10/2017

I work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up...

I work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up on large project, which helps forecasting, cost of labor, project schedule, when we can schedule the next project. On small projects is makes a clear line of communication between the project manager and the field personal, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.

Puntos a favor

Create's a standard line of communication between management and field personnel. Also helps the field personal to be prepared for their next task.

Desventajas

I work on the road a lot. The program is much easier to schedule personal from the desktop than it is from using the app on a device. Although it does not affect me all the time, it would be nice to see an interface on the device that was more similar to the one on the desk top. At least just for scheduling.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hey Bob!

Thanks for writing us a review! I am so glad to hear that When I Work makes communicating with your team easier and helps you be prepared for things that come up throughout the day!

Thank you for the feedback as well in regards to the interface on our app. I would agree - working on a desktop is much easier when building the schedule. Hopefully we can make improvements to our app to aid in making the schedule build easier.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Erin
Calificación general
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Scheduling made simple

Revisado el 16/3/2020

Overall we have loved using When I Work. It makes scheduling seamless and reduces the amount of...

Overall we have loved using When I Work. It makes scheduling seamless and reduces the amount of time we spend on employee schedules. We also really love the reminders and text alerts as it makes it easy to communicate with our team quickly when things change.

Puntos a favor

When I Work is so easy to use, it is simple to add employees, great for creating shift templates and the chat features and shift drop applications make changing the schedule simple for employees. As a manager these features are awesome as they reduce the amount of time that I spend re-working the schedule.

Desventajas

The only challenge we have faced is that we don't have access to the task list as we don't pay for this version of the application. We would love to try it out to see if it is a good value add for us.

Alternativas consideradas

Schedulefly

Razones para cambiar a When I Work

We liked how easy it was to use, and how many add ons there are included with the basic account.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Erin -

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review!

I'm so happy to hear features we offer like Shift Swaps & Drops and WorkChat have been so useful for you. It's awesome to hear that scheduling has gotten easier as well!

We'd be happy to discuss our Tasks feature and see what options are available for you. Feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thanks so much for this lovely review!

Kindly,
Adrianne

Elizabeth
Calificación general
  • Sector: Contabilidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

MISSING BASIC FUNCTIONS!

Revisado el 12/11/2019

Overall, we feel very let down with the simple but IMPORTANT missing features. Having spent time to...

Overall, we feel very let down with the simple but IMPORTANT missing features. Having spent time to setup two other client accounts with WIW, and made two training videos. WASTE OF TIME! But that's the chance you take, right? Vetting doesn't always go well and we found a work around for the PTO issue, but the timesheet submittal issue is a deal breaker. We are not going to setup a side system to verify that everyone has completed their timesheets and track history for employees submitting for review and accuracy. This needs to be a function of the app.

Puntos a favor

Interface is simple and provides an organized structure that is responsive. Inviting and adding employees is automated.

Desventajas

Your employees cannot "turn in" or "submit" their timesheets! There is no way to know or have them verify that what they have entered is ready for review. A mgr has to chase down each employee to verify they have finished, or have a side system of notices, or double tracking.
Employees cannot enter PTO after the fact, they can only REQUEST PTO for future dates. If a company is using the timesheet function to have employees enter their time, breaks, PTO, etc, there are many limitations that require managers to do additional work. For instance, if an employee has an unexpected family emergency for two days, they cannot request PTO after those days are past. So how does PTO get entered for those days? Somehow the employee has to communicate with the mgr to enter it for them!
Very simple but integral functions that are important to a timesheet app that are missing!!
When giving feedback to WIW about these missing features, we were told that it was fine for us to move to another app since WIW wasn't a good fit. In other words, they are not open to feedback for improvement.....like it or leave.... We are leaving and taking the two clients we already setup on WIW trials to another platform, along with the 5 other clients that were waiting for the results of our trial run. All of which would have been paid subscriptions for WIW!

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you did not find When I Work to be a good fit for your team. We do appreciate hearing more about what features are most important to you as we use customer feedback to guide future developments.

If you have any other questions or feedback to share, please let us know by submitting a ticket here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. Our Customer Care team would be happy to help. Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Best,
Kate

Becky
Calificación general
  • Sector: Organización de eventos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

User Friendly

Revisado el 6/3/2024

Great system! As someone who came from Quickbooks, this is a much more in depth database.

Great system! As someone who came from Quickbooks, this is a much more in depth database.

Puntos a favor

I love how easy it is to navigate the data and schedule employees and track their time.

Desventajas

On the mobile app, you can't find the clock in button, at least with mine you can't.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Becky,

Shab here from When I Work. We're happy to see that you are enjoying the app!

If there are any specific issues you are encountering or questions you have please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Thank you.

Warmly,
Shab

Jamie
Calificación general
  • Sector: Veterinaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Okay for micro-busineses but does not scale well, integrates poorly, and suffers from bad...

Revisado el 14/4/2021

The company only offers support by Chat or Email - there is no way to get someone on the phone. I...

The company only offers support by Chat or Email - there is no way to get someone on the phone. I did not realize this when signing up, and find it a maddening waste of time when you have a real problem to solve (and you will have problems!)

Puntos a favor

The Scheduling module works well for our 25-person veterinary practice where staff work rotating schedules. We can set up templates for each group and quickly deploy and tweak the schedule.

Desventajas

We tried to integrate with Gusto Payroll to streamline time-sheet reporting. It's a mess, and does not often work. It's really hard to troubleshoot because WhenIWork hides all the integration details. For instance you can not see the mapping of employees and their roles/jobs between the two companies. After a while I realize that it's faster to manually type in all the data since troubleshooting this is so time consuming. Plus you can not get support on the phone!

Respuesta de When I Work

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your honest review of our integrations and support channels. We appreciate the feedback.

The Customer Care team aims to provide exceptional support through our email and chat channels. We would be happy to continue assisting with any issues you are seeing with the Gusto integration. Please chat in with us or submit a ticket.

All the best,
Tim

Krissy
Calificación general
  • Sector: Producción de alimentos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

When I work

Revisado el 22/4/2022

I loved the when i work app very much. I was able to look at my shifts as well as change and drop...

I loved the when i work app very much. I was able to look at my shifts as well as change and drop shifts, There is also the ability to chat with other employees about changing or swapping shifts.

Puntos a favor

When I work is a great app as far as employee scheduling and shift changes. The app has sooo many great features available and it is very affordable.

Desventajas

there were a few glitches with the software on ocassion when trying to pick up a dropped shift if you are already scheduled.

Alternativas consideradas

ADP Workforce Now

Razones para cambiar a When I Work

I heard from other stores that have used the software as well as reading reviews online.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Krissy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

We're happy to know that you're enjoying the app and features available, like easily having access to view your schedule, and being able to drop and swap shifts! Our users are the reason we do what we do.

Please let us know if any questions come up, we're always happy to help.

Warmly,
Chelo

Maria
Calificación general
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Best so far

Revisado el 24/1/2020

This app is saving a lot of time in terms of scheduling for managers and really helpful for...

This app is saving a lot of time in terms of scheduling for managers and really helpful for employees as well in terms of switching shifts or internal communication.

Puntos a favor

In terms of scheduling this is the best app, easy to see requests off or vacations, easy to set-up reminders, the shifts can be dropped and picked up with just a click away, easy to create schedule base on the sale, easy for employee chat or contact information.

Desventajas

I'll love for this system to be able to integrate with Payroll, but that's the only big downside. The second one is that for cross-trained employees (working several positions/roles) is not allowing the pre-set shift scheduling until you change the role that was initially assigned.

Alternativas consideradas

ZoomShift

Razones para cambiar a When I Work

I don't remember, but I think it was the price.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Maria! Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for reviewing our application. We love hearing your praise for When I Work.

Stephanie
Calificación general
  • Sector: Veterinaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

When I Work Works for Us!

Revisado el 22/3/2022

Our schedules can (and have) change daily. For managers, having the schedule on-hand on any device...

Our schedules can (and have) change daily. For managers, having the schedule on-hand on any device has proven to be a huge time saver. Changes can be made immediately, in one spot and everyone on the team has access to the updated/most-current version of the schedule each day.

Puntos a favor

The staff's ability to clock in and out on their mobile devices is a game changer, especially if they are off site when they realize they "forgot" to clock out. The ability to share a "real-time" schedule with a large team of people is also critical.

Desventajas

On the admin/HR side it's a little complicated to read/compile the reports into usable data for processing payroll (it doesn't integrate with Quickbooks Desktop) but every thing else that helps the team out about this software is worth the small added labor to payroll processing.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to provide this thoughtful review. It's great to hear that the option to communicate real-time schedules is helpful to you. We appreciate your feedback regarding payroll reporting and what options would be most helpful to you.

Jacqueline
Calificación general
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy as can be

Revisado el 24/5/2023

It has been a great experience, especially with support from the company.

It has been a great experience, especially with support from the company.

Puntos a favor

The features are so easy to use and easy to teach to staff.

Desventajas

The least I like is the first payroll we had a glitch, but that can happen to any software

Alternativas consideradas

Homecare Homebase

Razones para elegir When I Work

They were antiquated and hard to use, no support and expensive.

Razones para cambiar a When I Work

Ease of use and features that Homebase did not have

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi there Jacqueline,

Ky here from When I Work's Customer Care Team.

We wanted to send a big thank you over for your stellar review! We love hearing that When I Work has an ease of use for our users and we pride ourselves on offering world-class customer support!

We are truly sorry to hear there was a glitch with your first time running payroll, but so happy to hear things have gone smoothly since then!

Thank you again for using When I Work, Jacqueline!

Have a great day,
Ky

Ariel
Ariel
Calificación general
  • Sector: Restaurantes
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Simple software for employee scheduling

Revisado el 20/12/2022

Puntos a favor

I like that I am able to see everyone schedule and it will tell me how many hours and how many hours this person has on one specific day and in total. I also like the fact that employees can put in for their days off on the app and then those shifts are available to whoever would like to work them first. I also like the sack that employees can get in contact with all levels of staff and management. It also allows employees to switch shifts, which has been an issue in the past. For one employee will say so and so sad they would take over my shift and this person has no idea what the person is talking about or says no I told him I couldn't do it. When all of it is done on the app you could hold people responsible for training shifts or picking up shifts.

Desventajas

I think on the scheduling part there could be a little more room. The employee list isn't double spaced and it's a regular size font. I also found creating staff schedules to be a bit of an inconvenience due to the fact that you have to use a cursor to pick a time spot and drag it from one side to another. It can often times be difficult when you're busy.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that the Scheduling features are working well for your Workplace. We also appreciate all of your feedback on where features can be improved! We appreciate your input!

Jonathan
Calificación general
  • Sector: Organización de eventos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

When I Work Keeps Us Working

Revisado el 6/8/2019

WIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling...

WIW is extremely helpful to us at our company because we spend the majority of our day scheduling employees for various events that we run every week. Creating a schedule and assigning employees to it is super simple, as well as keeping a database and logging hours for our employees on site. It's all very user friendly and easy to use/look at. Their customer service team is always there to help and are super friendly. We have had many people who have been added to this platform, and have had no problem learning how to use it. It has been really great for us and helps us run smoothly. They have also been actively engaged with us to help us find solutions to the improvements we have requested.

Puntos a favor

When I Work is a great product that our company loves to use. We love how easy it is to create a schedule and assign employees, and all of the features are very easy to work with and aesthetically pleasing. We also like the ability to keep a detailed database of employees in the system. Their customer service team has been very friendly and are always there to answer our questions in detail. It is also a great platform for time tracking and exporting time sheets every week to send to payroll. Overall, it's the best platform we could have found to help us do what we need to do every day.

Desventajas

A couple features we wish they had:

- The option to create a preferred list in our employee database (A-list, B-list, C-List, Do Not Call List, etc)
- The option to be able to look at all events at once on the Time Tracker for the day (right now you can only look at one event at a time, which is hard when we have multiple events and sometimes forget which ones are happening in a day)
- To have a log of attendance (who was late, who called out, who was a no show) that is linked to a person's profile so we know who the problem people are (maybe a color coding that's like "green" if they are good on attendance and then gets closer to "red" if they have had several call outs/tardies)
- A way to add the zip code of an event to a schedule/job site that shows up on timesheet exports
- A way to send a crew memo or mass notification ("this shift has been cancelled" or "this shift has had a time change, please confirm") to all or selected crew members via WIW.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Jonathan -

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thorough review!

We're so happy to hear that you're loving the features we currently offer! I love the suggestions you've shared as well. We are always interested in hearing about your experience with our product and how we could improve.

Again, thank you for your kind word and fabulous review!

Best,
Adrianne

ellen
Calificación general
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

A good option for timecards and schedule.

Revisado el 31/8/2017

Initially it was a good solution for employee scheduling. We added the time clock after about 8...

Initially it was a good solution for employee scheduling. We added the time clock after about 8 months and it has served its purpose. It allowed us to not use a google doc to schedule employees. It is a a good scheduler but not as great of a time clock.

Puntos a favor

My employees can use the app to get alerts and check their schedules. Employees can swap shifts with my approval. The time card is integrated into the schedule app. It is somewhat easy to use. We have used this software for about 2 years. When we first started with them there were not a lot of options out there. And it served its purpose. Our employees seem to like using it.

Desventajas

There are several cons. I think the price is too high for what you get. Trying to process the time cards is very cumbersome and not very easy to understand. We run 24 hours a day and this software is not well suited to a 24 hour clock. Overall I spend too much time trying to understand how to use the time clock - punch in/out- and it is really frustrating. Also- their customer support is really pretty horrible. There is not a way to call someone and you have to submit an email to support and it can take them a bit to get back to you. Issues with time cards are things you want an answer for right away and they do not offer a quick response. Also- you really have to use a desk top to process the time cards and it does not function so well with google chrome- I think safari works better- but I prefer to use chrome. There are glitches with it that are just frustrating.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for writing us a review! We appreciate the feedback you provided to us. I am happy to hear that you are finding the scheduler helpful. I am, however, bummed to hear that you have had difficulty contacting our support teams. You always have access to live chat within your account, simply by clicking on the chat bubble within the green toolbar. If additional training on the Attendance tool is something you would like, please just let our support teams know and we would be more than happy to provide you with that.

We strive to provide the highest level of support to our customers and we hope that we can meet your expectations moving forward.

Have a great day!

Rose
Calificación general
  • Sector: Entretenimiento
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Has a lot of potential, but isn't quite there yet for our needs.

Revisado el 23/4/2022

Overall, I wanted this to really work, but it's been frustrating.

I do acknowledge that we work...

Overall, I wanted this to really work, but it's been frustrating.

I do acknowledge that we work in a non-traditional industry. I am a team member at an NFT company with world-wide employees who all work from home. We need our community server covered 24/7 and so I need to be able to schedule people 24/7, but in *their* timezone in order to make sure that I have everyone working during normal hours in *their time* (as opposed to 4am their time). I can't make "shift templates" in one time zone and then make shifts in another timezone for the auto scheduler. There is no way for me to denote "Hey, I want my APAC crew to be scheduled these APAC hours, but NOT my US crew".

I've spent many, many, many hours trying to figure out how to "game the system" to make it work for us. I can do it but it's very cumbersome, hands on, and takes a lot of time (which is the opposite of what I was hoping a scheduler would do. I was hoping to SAVE time.)

I reached out to the team at one point to report the bug where the auto scheduler was ignoring unavailable time, and received a followup email letting me know it was fixed, but I still experience the issue every time I go to make a new schedule.

This may be a FANTASTIC piece of software for traditional work-force, but hasn't been what I was hoping thus far for the industry I work in, that requires 24/7 scheduling with employees all over the world.

Puntos a favor

-Allowing for employees to be in different timezones
-Allowing for employees to set their unavailability and their preferred scheduling times
-Allowing employees to shift swap within the software

Desventajas

-Software is often buggy. It auto schedules my employees during times they are marked as "unavailable". This may be due to the fact that we have people all over the world and could be a time-zone issue, but the fact remains that they are often scheduled during "unavailable" times, and it has to be adjusted.

-It also doesn't seem to honor the "schedule weekends first" feature correctly when I'm using auto scheduling. One of my employees ends up never being scheduled and I have to adjust. (TBF I have to adjust EVERYONE'S schedule after using the auto scheduler, but the issue with this one employee in particular is consistent and weird.)

-Making shift templates is cumbersome.

-There is no way for me to view someone's schedule in their timezone (and I'm talking about Singapore vs. CST) without switching my OWN timezone preference, which requires me to then immediately refresh the site or it won't show properly.

-There is no "undo" -- If I have a schedule pushed and I need to play around with a swap, the moment I shift someone's shift, it goes into draft mode and if I decide, "Hey, I'm gonna actually just leave them where they are," there is no way to undo the movement without republishing (and sending them a notification) the shift.

-Shift swapping doesn't allow for a FT employee to cover a PT employee's shift if they want, or for a PT employee to cover part of a FT employee's shift. I have to manually do this.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Rose,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

We're sorry to hear that When I Work did not best meet your business needs! We can certainly appreciate the importance for your business to access features that do not exist within When I Work.

New enhancement requests are reported to our team and demand is tracked to review the request and determine whether to implement it. We are not able to provide a timeline of when requested features may be implemented, although we do offer updates on new features/releases through announcements in the product updates on our blog and through the Help Center "Product News": https://help.wheniwork.com/article-categories/product-news/.

Thanks again and let us know if there is anything further we can assist with.

Best,
Chelo

Miguel
Calificación general
  • Sector: Software informático
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier

Revisado el 24/6/2018

When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where...

When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.

Puntos a favor

When I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can.

Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time.

The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used.

View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects.

When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage.

When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.

Desventajas

No cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.

Helen
Calificación general
  • Sector: Construcción
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

User Friendly, Easy to Use and Understand.

Revisado el 8/10/2019

Puntos a favor

DASHBOARD : Upon logging in, the dashboard shows the exact total amount of time and money put it by all employees. That way, I can see if there is something out of the ordinary as long as I know the average expense we put on the payroll.
AS AN ADMIN/PAYROLL/SUPERVISOR: I can customize who can view and edit the time of the members in the team. Typically, I give part of admin rights to the team leaders or supervisors. This way, it saves my time in editing login errors and focus more on the whole organization. If I want to do a roll call, I can do it at my desk in one glance.
It helps me organize the schedule of the whole organization for next week's work operation and post it when it is finalized. No more excuses such as "I didn't know".
At the end of payroll period, reporting is a breeze!
AS A USER WITH LIMITED ACCESS : As a user, I have limited view of the data. I can only view my own hours. Which it is what I'm supposed to only see. I can watch my hours and limit myself to working more than 40 hours per week. I can send my Personal Time off and wait for the admin's approval. As a contractor employed by the organization, I can post my time availability. I don't have to go back and forth talking and negotiating to the supervisor. I can do this remotely with an app.

Desventajas

So far, I have nothing least to say about this software.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Helen,

Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for this awesome review!

We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to save some time and make your teams' and your work lives a little easier.

Best,
Vicki

Cindy
Calificación general
  • Sector: Seguridad e investigaciones
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

When I Work works well

Revisado el 17/6/2023

Overall I enjoy using the app. I very rarely has any glitches. I recommend using When I Work.

Overall I enjoy using the app. I very rarely has any glitches. I recommend using When I Work.

Puntos a favor

What I liked about When I Work the most is that it is very easy to use. The link to download app feature works great. Its great for scheduling.

Desventajas

What I liked the least about When I Work is the time tracking feature because it real time updates are not automatically available without refreshing the screen. Also sometimes new shift updates also lag and require refreshing the app as well.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Cindy,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app and providing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that, overall, you are enjoying the app and would recommend it to other users.

Regarding any lagging or issues you are experiencing, outdated data stored in the browser's cache is one likely cause of this behavior. Clearing the browser's data is the recommended next step to correct this. The steps are slightly different for different browsers, but we've stored some useful links in our help center article here:
https://help.wheniwork.com/articles/clearing-your-cache-and-cookies/.

It is important to make sure "all-time" is selected and all browser windows are closed after these steps in order to test if this is effective.

If you continue to have trouble, please submit a ticket to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ and someone will continue troubleshooting. Thanks!

Best,
Sarah

Amanda
Calificación general
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Revolutionized our Scheduling Process

Revisado el 24/9/2020

We used to manually schedule all staff at our child care programs. When a regular staff called in...

We used to manually schedule all staff at our child care programs. When a regular staff called in sick or requested vacation we used to have to call, text and email each individual on call or float staff to see who was available and if they could work at the location we needed. When I Work allows us to be a lot more efficient in this process. It also allows for better communication with all staff through features such as work chat, and announcements.

The customer service provided from the initial demo to setting up our team was exceptional. Our rep was always available to answer our questions or educate us about new features that might be useful to us. Our rep worked with us to use the features that worked best for us. When I Work also provides ready to go resources that you can send out to teams that include everything from how to set up your account, see open shifts, swap/drop shifts etc.

Puntos a favor

The ability to post open shifts as revolutionized our ability to communicate with and mobilize our on call staff. By posting an open shift On Call and float staff see the shift right away and are able to pick up shifts that fit with their schedules. The ease of posting open shifts has drastically decreased the time spent trying to find staff to fill gaps in schedules. With over 150 employees and 44 locations we are able to post the addresses of each location that allow staff to pull up a map to the site.

Desventajas

At this time the product is serving us very well. When I Work continues to add new features and provides detailed descriptions and instructions to these features.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful review! We love hearing about some of your favorite features and how your team utilizes OpenShifts and new features as they become available!

Lisa
Calificación general
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente

Makes scheduling super easy!

Revisado el 5/2/2018

Puntos a favor

This product is super straight forward and very user-friendly. It is very easy to use the scheduler as well as keep up with employee hours on the Time Tracker. You can easily edit attendance if your employee forgets to clock out and sending messages to the whole group is super easy with the group message feature.

The online based platform is great and the app is the perfect way to post the schedule without having to send out emails of spreadsheets etc. Notifications come straight to your phone regarding scheduling changes, shift swap requests, time off requests, and even when your employees forgot to clock in. Notification alerts are easy to change in settings. There's even a setting to get a reminder 2 hours prior to your shift so in case your schedule is constantly changing, its so easy to keep up with it!

Desventajas

The satellite/gps location isn't as good as it can be with regards to clocking in. Sometimes it will not let you clock in due to being "too far away" when you are standing right at your work. The app sometimes freezes up when clocking in/out or takes a while to process a clock in. So then when you press "clock in" again, it'll actually clock you out.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi there Lisa,

Thank you for leaving us a review!

We are so happy to hear that you and your team finds value in When I Work!

If you continue to run into issues with clocking in and out, please feel free to email our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com. Our team will help get the issues you are experiencing resolved.

Thanks again for the review! Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Katrina
Katrina
Calificación general
  • Sector: Bienes de consumo
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Not consistent

Revisado el 23/1/2019

Not good, had me late on my first and second day.

Not good, had me late on my first and second day.

Puntos a favor

After searching for a job two years ago, I found one from Craigslist. I was told to download this app and my schedule would be sent to it. Well the next day I woke up and decided to check my phone while doing so, I got a text or notification from the app. I opened it and sure enough I had to go to work in less than 10 minutes. I hurriedly put on my clothes and ran out the door. I was late on my first day. I told them the app lagged and I received my schedule minutes before coming to work. This app never got straight, I had to write my schedule down while at work.

Desventajas

My schedule never showed up in a timely manner. I was eventually fired then the schedule started showing up telling me I had work. How ironic is that, I didn't need notifications then, yet I was still getting them. I uninstalled the app and went back to my Event Specialist job.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hello Katrina-

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with When I Work at your previous job.

We aim to make When I Work reliable and easy to receive your schedule. When I Work provides notification options so you can choose what alerts you receive when your manager releases the schedule to you.

In addition to this, we are constantly working to release updates and enhancements to our software.

I understand you are at a different job now but if you ever work with an employer that uses When I Work again, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team at support@wheniwork.com for any troubleshooting assistance. We're here to help!

Sincerely,
Cara

- When I Work

Stephanie
Calificación general
  • Sector: Administración educativa
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

Revisado el 28/2/2019

We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of...

We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!

Puntos a favor

We love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.

Desventajas

So far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

Respuesta de When I Work

Hello Stephanie -

Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board!

We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations!

In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered!

Thank you again,
Adrianne

Sam
Calificación general
  • Sector: Entretenimiento
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Scheduling Entertainment

Revisado el 8/5/2019

Schedule 30 to 40 shows a month across 12 performers is a lot to keep track of. WIW allows me to...

Schedule 30 to 40 shows a month across 12 performers is a lot to keep track of. WIW allows me to quickly assign performers to shows. The Notification to the Performers is great and the Reminder 2 hours or so before the Show is excellent...

At one point we were doing shows every weekend and were using the OPEN opportunity. I would publish the date and time the opens would be published. Performers would be able to pick the show they wanted based on thier schedule. Being able too publish OPEN shifts in 1 push was very easy to do. I would fill an entire month of shows in about 15 minutes ... VERY efficient.

Puntos a favor

The monthly view give me the opportunity to see all scheduled shows and the assigned performer for each. So when customer calls with a specific data and time, I can easily confirm the opening and assign a performer to the show.

Desventajas

The ability to schedule repeating monthly/weekly events. While "every week" is ok, it does not allow for more complex calendaring such: as every 3rd Wednesday in every month, or every other Monday through out the year. This was a feature in the ORIGINAL WIW from 18+ months ago. There was a small ICON (an elliptical arrow icon) in the "TIME" dialogue box. When clicked it would allow for such complex scheduling ... PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Sam,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! It's great to hear that your scheduling has been made more efficient through the use of OpenShifts. Thanks also for your feedback in regards to repeating shifts, we're always looking for ways to make When I Work more useful for our users.

Best,
Terra

Brenda
Calificación general
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The software you didn't know you needed

Revisado el 6/2/2020

Overall, I am satisfied with the software. I especially love that they incorporated a lunch break...

Overall, I am satisfied with the software. I especially love that they incorporated a lunch break feature and even rolled out the live time clock to help you track your lunch!

Puntos a favor

I've been using WhenIWork for about 3 1/2 years now and the best feature that I enjoy about this software is that I can utilize my phone to track my clock-ins and outs. I travel a bit for my job and being able to clock in at any time without having to jump on a computer is great!

Desventajas

I love that it gives me a notification when I have an upcoming shift or when I haven't clocked into a shift yet (something you simply forget) but WhenIWork always sends me a notification that I haven't clocked out even when I have clocked out from a shift. I am not sure why it recognizes that I have clocked out but still sends me a notification that I haven't done so. It might just be a personal problem though.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Brenda -

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share feedback with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you're loving the ease of using the app on the go with tracking your time! We're really glad our features like mobile clock in and breaks are so helpful for you!

If you're running into an issue with your notifications, feel free to submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can assist!

Again, thank you so much for the review!

Best,
Adrianne

Jeremy
Calificación general
  • Sector: Medios de difusión
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Relación calidad-precio
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Asistencia al cliente
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

When I Work does a great job @ scheduling basic & repetitive schedules & an ok job when it's...

Revisado el 19/4/2018

Scheduling of our complexity is more or less possible with this software. It would be a huge...

Scheduling of our complexity is more or less possible with this software. It would be a huge headache otherwise.

Puntos a favor

It simplifies communication with staff and freelancers, pushing updates to them en masse. It is an attractive UI and the app functions pretty well. Support is responsive and communicative.

Desventajas

The permission levels need a lot of work. They are limited and global so you really don't have much control over who sees what. You can't copy a shift from one week to the next, this seems kind of basic, especially if an event spans multiple weeks it's inconvenient to have to build the shift twice. It would also be nice to have the ability for someone to view a schedule at a location other than the one they are scheduled at...for example, someone in one office wants to see if someone in another office is scheduled to be available or not without showing up in that locations schedule. Currently this is not possible.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work! We are happy to hear that When I Work helps simply scheduling and communication for you and your team.

I will let my team know that you are interested in seeing more control over the When I Work permission levels, schedule views, and the copy shifts feature. Thanks so much for your feedback on this!

Adrian
When I Work Team

Tina
Calificación general
  • Sector: Contabilidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Calificación general

  • Facilidad de uso
  • Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The When I Work app reminds me when I work!

Revisado el 14/7/2023

Puntos a favor

The most impactful feature of When I Work is the employee scheduling. It allows for easy maintenance of employee scheduling!

Desventajas

I would of course like more options on training to use the software but it wasn't extremely difficult to manuve.

Respuesta de When I Work

Hi Tina,

Lexie here with the Customer Care team at When I Work, thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

I am thrilled to hear When I Work has been such a great fit for your workplace and especially your Employees!

I recommend having any managers and supervisors that will be in charge of scheduling check out our training center-https://help.wheniwork.com/training/manager-training/. Here, you will find resources for specific time-saving features, maximizing your account setup, and increasing efficiency while scheduling. Employee-specific training materials can be found in our employee training center as well.
https://help.wheniwork.com/training/employee-training/

If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to contact us by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ or reaching out to us on live chat.

Cheers,
Lexie