e-Builder Enterprise

Software integrado de gestión de proyectos y programas de capital

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

341 opiniones

Giuseppe
  • Sector: Ingeniería civil

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

User friendly system and allows you to capture information necessary for your project.

Revisado el 19/3/2018

Good financial reporting on projects and status of where things sit with what actor. Hold accountability with PMs, Directors, and Executive Directors.
Very good auditing tool that can help score performance on internal staff and outside consultants or contractors.

Puntos a favor

Easy to build reports and dashboards.
Building customized reports and workflows.
Easy to use system.
Allows everything to tie back to a project, include cost, budget, documents, forms, invoices, change orders, task orders, etc.

Desventajas

System runs slow around noon-3pm EST.
As an EB Admin, certain functionalities when creating forms are uneditable or would require you to remove a field and start over again.
Dashboards do not quickly refresh with up to date changes made in processes or reports. Sometimes it takes almost 6hrs to refresh a dashboard based on new changes.
Would like to see more online youtube training videos on certain modules (i.e., BI Reports, Schedule, Cashflows, etc.)

John

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Overall Review

Revisado el 9/12/2021

We are able to archive all of our documents and speed up our processes with this software. I has really helped with our reporting to our clients and providing as-built information to them.

Puntos a favor

The software is user friendly, and has a great file structure for ease of use. You can tailor the processes to fit your organization and their processes, which is fantastic. Training is easy to provide to non users.

Desventajas

Sometimes the uploading of documents is too slow.

Alternativas consideradas

Procore

Razones para elegir e-Builder Enterprise

Cost and CMiC could not tailor the software and processes to meet the owner needs.

Software anterior

CMiC

Razones para cambiar a e-Builder Enterprise

It was developed to serve the owner and has great flexibility and functionality.
Richard
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Not intuitive

Revisado el 9/12/2021

It is an absolute horror show. it is quite possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to me at this job. I want to quit because of it.

Puntos a favor

If I could use it properly, I might be able to answer this question, but in almost 2 years of using it, I still have not mastered it. And I am not stupid.

Desventajas

Too many e-mails. If you use it daily you can see what's in your dashboard. VERY HARD to use, not intuitive, difficult to do EVERYTHING, compared to prior software. Does not integrate with Oracle, processes are overly complex and do not follow the correct path.

Tiffany
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

e-Builder is great for project management from start to finish

Revisado el 9/12/2021

e-Builder is beneficial to companies doing project management, design management, contract management, budgeting and document storage.

Puntos a favor

I like the document management and contract management functions.

Desventajas

I don't think it is user friendly to the degree that, in order to one thing done, you have to apply it in many different areas of the software. If you skip one application, it is void.

Alternativas consideradas

Projectmates

Razones para cambiar a e-Builder Enterprise

We felt it was a better fit for what we needed it for.
Waleed

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

An organized site for all team members to contribute and stay informed of all updates

Revisado el 19/4/2022

It has provided us with tremendous flexibility in project management, and we have avoided many of the pitfalls that we were previously prone to. We have also simplified many unnecessary procedures, which has had a positive impact on all project management processes and saved us a significant amount of time and effort.

Puntos a favor

e-Builder Enterprise's effective management of all papers, reports and project members' communications on the cloud allows all team members and stakeholders to stay updated and informed of the project's progress. Having all project management tools in one place streamlines procedures and saves time, as most difficulties are resolved quickly. I like how e-Builder Enterprise reports include all project management activities and display the overall business status of the project, completion percentages, financial elements, and much more. I like how e-Builder Enterprise functions as a database for all project submissions, allowing you to simply access or track them. We can use e-Builder Enterprise to organize submissions, requests for information, meeting minutes, and much more, allowing us to work more efficiently as a team.

Desventajas

The fact that it is connected to the cloud and has a fantastic user interface, I don't believe there are any negative aspects or technical issues. It all depends on the work team and how well they collaborate in order to take full advantage of all of the fantastic tools available in e-Builder Enterprise.

Justin
  • Sector: Ingeniería industrial o mecánica
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Used to hate it, now I tolerate it

Revisado el 11/5/2018

Puntos a favor

+Extremely customisable. This is construction management software that you can tailor to fit the needs of your project. I've used e-Builder for three (3) different higher education institutions and each University is able to tailor e-Builder to fit the project's needs.
+Notifications. E-Builder will email you a notification when you have a RFI to respond to, when you have a submittal to review, when you've been copied on a RFI response, etc. This is very helpful and allows you to notify multiple individuals at once through the software. It also keeps a record.
+Documentation. E-Builder is meant to store documentation and it does excel in this. I've used e-Builder to access submittals, RFIs, drawing revisions, etc. on long term projects (24-36 month construction) when sometimes the documentation was uploaded years back. E-Builder does not put a time limit on an upload, so you can always access it.

Desventajas

-Training is definitely required to use e-Builder. It can be confusing with different terminologies used such as "forms", "processes", etc. I just need to find submittals and RFIs but can easily get lost. Without training, it is easy to hate e-Builder, just like I did in the beginning.
-Cost - this is not a cheap software and licenses can be costly.

Hedaia

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Carefully customized to efficiently manage all operations of construction projects

Revisado el 4/2/2022

e-Builder We use it to keep track of project documentation, invoicing, and reports. It also attempted to increase team communication.

Puntos a favor

The collaborative feature of e-Builder Enterprise allowed us to efficiently manage the project contract, save all contract documents in an organized manner, and retrieve them when needed, as well as generate status reports that show the status of all documents, what was answered, when, and who is still stuck. Thus, e-Builder is a construction project management software that covers all aspects of a construction project, from planning to delivery. I prefer the start interface since it is clear and complete with all the tools I need, and the tabs make it easy to switch between functions. I loved the organized and comprehensive reports we can issue with him.

Desventajas

Not many negatives, as the e-Builder is easy to use, but to achieve the expected results from its use, it depends on the work team. efficiently.

Usuario verificado
  • Sector: Educación superior

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

High quality product that is easy to use.

Revisado el 19/3/2018

Puntos a favor

Lots of flexibility in customization of workflows. Easy searching for projects and finding out information about projects at a glance.

Desventajas

Custom reporting at times is restrictive due to different sections of data. Also, there is no all transactions type of report for fiscal transactions. Access to different modules is too broad at times when it would be preferable to have a more narrow focus on different types of data. Submittal module can be confusing and wonky for some users at times.

Emmanuel
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Good experience and better than software like Aconex

Revisado el 5/1/2018

All the documents are recorded one place and they reachable through the web everywhere.

Puntos a favor

Well organized for Program Management.
The way the different workflows are set up makes it easy to use.

Desventajas

Not easy to distinguish between the gray documents (Inactive) and the active ones.
The notifications are not customized enough.

Craig

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

great in some ways, adequate in most others, lacking is not wide spread

Revisado el 9/12/2021

Overall, it is a professional system, and I would recommend it as overall is most important, as all systems lack in some areas.

Puntos a favor

Broad based and organized storage of material and information

Desventajas

Search ability simply was very restrictive

Katie
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

e-Builder

Revisado el 10/6/2021

Overall e-Builder experience is great, starting at their support desk; which by far is one of the best I have worked with. Many knowledgeable folks on the other end of the phone. Many have been promoted to Business Analysts, which says a lot for the company as a whole. I have worked with some Business Analysts on school district specific needs and have been very pleased with our outcome. Also our account Rep has always been in touch to make sure that we are getting what we need and I also get monthly reports from our success manager letting us know how we are looking statistically. All support form e-Builder is greatly appreciated.
Through my 5 years with e-Builder I have been able to complete my e-Builder certification and attend many very intuitive webinars which enhance my position. Always learning something new. I also have met some very great people at other organizations that use e-Builder and together we are able to collaborate how we use the software.

Puntos a favor

I was hired to re-implement the e-Builder software. It requires an understanding of the data and the fields that need to be populated; and why you are populating those fields. Integration is an integral part of a successful implementation and it is very important to have all players that know about data included in initial discussions.
e-Builder is easy to use and they have many tutorials in their community portal that showcase each module with examples of how it can and should be used.
The reporting module is easy enough for all users to use and enhanced reporting with BI is available for those that have a bit more knowledge of report layout.

Desventajas

Searching for documents across all projects could be enhanced.
Systems created on global custom fields always means there can never be out of the box standardizations, so a lot of time is spent re-inventing processes or forms that should be standard to all.
Working in contacts and user setups could also be enhanced.
The mobile module needs enhancing on Androids.

Doris
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Sometimes a Harmonica Is More Appropriate than an Orchestra

Revisado el 24/8/2016

I am a Materials Coordinator. Per my Agency's format- I am mostly in folders: Progress Photos ("04"-07); 03-01-09; 03-08 through 12-all subfolders; 03-16-01-all subfolders; 03-16 & 17-all subfolders. I look at submittals via Submittal Register. Processes I use most is consultant daily activity report (DR_) and equipment report (DARCA).

Puntos a favor

It is a method to get at much info into an electronic format. As in the Microsoft Office software, the method of entering info into e-Builder vary from Process to Submittal, etc. In short, no consistency. I use the file naming convention format for record keeping for non-e-Builder projects.

Desventajas

Unable to get a simple Excel list of file names, with upload date (a harmonica), found in a folder directly from e-Builder software. It drives me nuts I can only see two or three documents in the tiny window when I do materials review & file naming consistency. I create my own Excel sheet manually. I select an individual document, "Properties", copy the file name into an Excel spreadsheet-repeat steps.
When a log can be created directly from e-Builder (an orchestra), it is in WORD (useless for sorting) in narrow columns stuffing long file names in multiple rows & extra useless verbiage filling the remaining columns. It can be edited, with the time wasted doing that, create an Excel spreadsheet manually.
In the file naming convention, there is no File TYPE ID to identify material certification info (photo of object's marking, pdf of paper tag, cutsheet) collected in the field. Currently I use "MS_" for "Materials Sh**t." Sorting by "MS_" brings up lots of "Miscellaneous" documents when doing closeout review. Adding suffice "TAG_" would help; it appears to not conflict with the current file naming File TYPE IDs.

Jedd
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Recent e-Builder Deployment

Revisado el 12/8/2016

We started looking at cloud-based project management software packages in 2008. After deploying a product that ended up not being a good fit for our company we approached e-Builder in mid-2015 and went live in January of 2016. As they say, the rest is history.

Puntos a favor

The system is flexible, forgiving, intuitive, configurable, and extremely robust. The system works as advertised and as expected. e-Builder is always willing to address our comments and concerns and communicates the status of known issues. There isn't just one thing I like about the product, there are many. The cost module reflects true construction cost accounting with the ability to track multiple funding sources, budgets, commitments, and expenses. The process module is highly configurable to meet our unique process needs. We can easily reconfigure things without contacting e-Builder. The document feature has many bonus features to enable uploading, sharing, redlining, etc. of drawings and documents. All documents loaded into the system through other modules (i.e. cost, calendar, process, etc.) land in the actual document module as anticipated and expected. The reporting module is extremely robust, providing real time data relative to projects, costs, etc. The bidding module has greatly simplified and reduced our work load. Our bidding process is practically automated now. The mail merge feature is awesome! We've integrated with DocuSign which has simplified approvals and signatures. The meeting minutes feature in the calendar module enables easy tracking of minutes. And on, and on, and on.

Desventajas

The thing I like least has nothing to do with the product or the vendor. I'm frustrated with individual user's inability to truly adopt the product and change how they do things. Old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks.

Crystal-Rose
  • Sector: Aerolíneas/aviación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

e-Builder for the Admin

Revisado el 9/4/2019

Previously, our company relied on paper, scanned documents and e-mail. Slowly but surely we are transferring all of our business processes for the entire enterprise made up of approximately 12 divisions into e-Builder. Several processes including procurement, invoice requests, budget requests, change requests, contingency transfers, etc. have all been successfully rolled out and are being maintained in the system while we expand to other departments like Admin & HR, Operations, Facilities, Business & Revenue, Technology, etc. as we continue to develop the software as an enterprise warehouse for all our business needs.

Puntos a favor

Functionality and ease of use not only for end-users but especially for the client system admins. Whether it's setting up projects, users, roles, processes, reports, dashboards, etc. the navigation and setup for all are intuitive and user friendly that anyone with typical technical skills could successfully use with little to no training or direction.

Desventajas

Though the system is very easy to use and setup, this is mostly because clients to not have access to the hard-coded data. Typically this is not a problem but there are limitations that come up from time to time like the ability to edit/remove standard and default fields or search functionality and options in different modules.

David
  • Sector: Arquitectura y planificación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A great project management package for design and construction.

Revisado el 26/1/2018

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Puntos a favor

Three features in particular have made my job easier. First, processes are standardized and automated. There is no longer any guesswork as to how something was done, where the paperwork is, or who is holding up holding things up. Second, everything is documented as a byproduct of working through a process. Emails, internally generated documents, contracts, changes orders, submittals, etc. are captured and stored for easy reference. Third, no more paper. We have eliminated scores of filing cabinets, including those storing record documents from previous projects, and everything is now available digitally where ever I go.

Desventajas

Design reviews are frustrating. They require everyone on the distribution list to reply before the process can proceed. In our organization there are some individuals who need to be included in the design review but often do not respond. We typically have an administrator override and terminate the process. I wish there was an option to automatically close the process at the due date.

Sheth
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril

E-Builder user for 3+ years

Revisado el 10/12/2021

Puntos a favor

The ability to run reports and manage documents. Almost any aspect of a project can be tracked and reported on, presuming you have the right data inputs. The processes are relatively easy to setup and use and provide notification to actors when necessary. While we are not really using the dashboard functionality currently, that capability is there.

Desventajas

e-Builder is slow to make major upgrades, including to the interface. Some changes were initially mentioned several years ago and have yet to be rolled out. The pace of significant upgrades seems to haves slowed over the last 2+ years. There also used to be consistent quarterly updates provided on upgrades but this does not happen anymore.

Cylix

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Good system that is constantly improving

Revisado el 28/9/2017

Great system, keep up the good work. You have a good team of intelligent programmers and customer service providers. Having a road map and plan for the direction of the group is imperative and will keep the creative people focused on where the application needs to go. There are little bugs here and there in the system, or parts that do not function exactly as we want causing us to create work-arounds.

Puntos a favor

The interface is very intuitive, the modules are helpful and the functions are logical. We have had success in generating reports that executives can use to make strategic company-wide decisions as construction consumes the most capital resources available.

Desventajas

There are some functions and features that could be improved as they are starting to compete with other applications available. As an example we want to use the schedule module more but the Microsoft project application is much easier so we end up importing MS project files instead of generating the original project schedules in eBuilder. We want all-in-one most of the time but it would require integration with MS products or building a clone which we understand is time consuming and expensive.

Kevin

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great program to replace an old outdated system

Revisado el 9/12/2021

Great, we have streamlined our old outdated paper processes and allow things to run much smoother and quicker. Our Construction Managers can now manage many more contracts due to the increased efficiencies.

Puntos a favor

The ability to customize and design e-Builder to work within your organization. E-Builder has proven to be a useful tool to replace our old paper systems with new customized processes.

Desventajas

The existing submittals process is very clunky and needs to be optimized. The e-Builder app is basically useless for what we do.

Dennis
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

Great Project Management Software

Revisado el 25/8/2016

We think e-Builder is a great product. We have been using e-Builder to manage capital projects since 2009. We added our Facility Engineering budgets and projects in 2012. We use all of the e-Builder modules. We use processes extensively to control both the flow of information; i.e., RFI, ASI, POC, etc. and cost; i.e., budget changes, contract and PO approvals, AFP and invoices. We using the bidding module heavily. Also, e-Builder is integrated with our financial system software allowing us to expedite vendor payments after they are approved in e-Builder.

Puntos a favor

The ability to create and modify workflow processes to standardize these activities and provide visibility of their status at any step in the process. The responsiveness of the customer support that we receive on those rare occassions when we have an issue with the software or want to implement a non-standard modfication.

Desventajas

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

Usuario verificado
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

e-Builder is a fantastic system! It captures so much data that is useful for decision making.

Revisado el 20/3/2018

Puntos a favor

e-Builder is a great product for owners who manage large capital budgets with many projects. The cost module interfaces with out GL system so there is no duplicate entry into a capital software. This means increased financial controls but it's great to have all of the information in one place. The e-Builder development team is great at responding to client suggestions and they are continually upgrading the system to make it a powerful tool that is extremely user-friendly.

Desventajas

Granting permissions in the folders is cumbersome if management likes continual change. We have a director who is constantly wanting changes and permission changes are not the easiest to make when you have a large folder structure built with subfolders like in Windows. It would be nice to be able to grant separate permissions for specific tasks but the permissions are set for groups of items. It makes sense but also limits the permissions the system administrator can grant to others.

Giuseppe
  • Sector: Servicios

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Senior Project Manager (EB Admin)

Revisado el 26/10/2016

This system has been very helpful with locating where forms, invoices, contractor pay apps, task orders, and etc are in the process. In addition, identifying where the bottlenecks are and allowing us to quickly address them to either remodify the workflow or provide additional training/support to staff within the process. Great reporting tool as well for urgent requests by upper or executive level management.

Puntos a favor

System is user friendly, nice to track what is sitting in peoples "current step", report wizard is nice to help generate ad hoc reports, and cost summary hold people accountable to how much is budgeted for their project.

Desventajas

Show more video demonstration on different BI reports and Dashboards. Have standard dashboards step up from EB. Do a workshop on how to setup a BI Dashboard and see if others in EB community can share theirs.

Other simple video demos on Import Tools (i.e., project imports, etc)

More improvement on Planning Module. Many of the features and functions see to be tedious or extra clicking or difficult to run cash flow by month.

Video demo on Scheduling module and setting up a schedule for a project and running a cash flow. Then run a nice dashboard to show the project with cash flow curves and project details.

Nasser
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

eBuilder Saves Time for Municipalities

Revisado el 14/12/2021

We have used eBuilder to manage our workflows in our Public Works Engineering Design and Construction sections. we didn't skip a beat once the pandemic hit and worked from home as all our construction and design workflow were online already and accessible from any device.

Puntos a favor

eBuider's biggest asset is that you can customize it whichever way you wish and you do not need a new license for it or pay additional fees regardless of the updates that they do. you can basically replace any paper workflow with a digital workflow and save your agency tons of paper and time. In addition, ebuilder provides free support that I have found very valuable in further customization and addressing any issues.

Desventajas

Intelligent Business reporting can be made easier.

Boyd

Happy user for almost 10 years

Revisado el 16/3/2018

Improved project management. Drives consistent application of project management processes.

Puntos a favor

Strong program focused on helping Owners efficiently manage capital projects through the design and construction process. Flexible processes allow Owners to customize process flows to match their unique needs. Ability to integrate a wide variety of project team members into the processes helps maximize process efficiency and collaboration. Reports for day to day use are easy to set up, flexible and functional.

Desventajas

Schedule module is still clunky. Difficult to drawn data from across modules to create certain types of comprehensive reports. In some cases data must be downloaded to Excel and further manipulated to capture desired analysis. Licensing cost structure can make it cost prohibitive to include project team members outside of the Owner's staff and take full advantage of the collaborate potential of the software.

Katherine
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Owner Representative Feedback

Revisado el 25/6/2020

Organization of internal documents has immensely improved in our office. The ability to control the document management has been helpful with a large office and lots of archives. The other more robust and/or complicated features have been a struggle to get the office into. Unfamiliarity with the program has been a difficult hump to get over.

Puntos a favor

the ability to setup controls on functions so that organization and consistency can be maintained. The forms section is great. The fact that it keeps documents and conversation all in one place. It's nice that it can be placed in one persons court to know who needs to take action. It's also very helpful to manage workloads with employees.

Desventajas

Implementation of the program to our office has been difficult. It's difficult to fit in the time to understand the program ourselves then train others how to use it. The opportunities are endless when it comes to building processes, forms etc. but the time to build them is tough to find. We could have benefited more from training from an e-Builder team but did not have the funds to purchase it.

Daniel
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria

Powerful Software -

Revisado el 28/9/2017

I do appreciate the support team, i've been on that side of software before. Thanks for all the work you guys do. Also, thanks to the other teams at e-Builder that make all the magic happen behind the scenes.

Puntos a favor

Customization of independent processes allow multiple departments to interact within the same workflows. Version control on documents module always keeps document organized and easily accessible. The use of reporting to extract the data needed is always a plus. The future expansion of the APIs is going to make this software even more powerful!

Desventajas

Some high priority bugs still take to long to get resolved. Replication of certain bugs limit the eb development team to fix issues in a timely manner. --- Some items cannot sit in a process or whatnot, waiting for the eB dev team to look into the issue. Some things have to move at the speed of payments.