Opiniones de Trimble e-Builder

Trimble e-Builder

Software integrado de gestión de proyectos y programas de capital

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

406 opiniones

Jedd
  • Sector: Administración educativa
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

Recent e-Builder Deployment

Revisado el 12/8/2016

We started looking at cloud-based project management software packages in 2008. After deploying a product that ended up not being a good fit for our company we approached e-Builder in mid-2015 and went live in January of 2016. As they say, the rest is history.

Puntos a favor

The system is flexible, forgiving, intuitive, configurable, and extremely robust. The system works as advertised and as expected. e-Builder is always willing to address our comments and concerns and communicates the status of known issues. There isn't just one thing I like about the product, there are many. The cost module reflects true construction cost accounting with the ability to track multiple funding sources, budgets, commitments, and expenses. The process module is highly configurable to meet our unique process needs. We can easily reconfigure things without contacting e-Builder. The document feature has many bonus features to enable uploading, sharing, redlining, etc. of drawings and documents. All documents loaded into the system through other modules (i.e. cost, calendar, process, etc.) land in the actual document module as anticipated and expected. The reporting module is extremely robust, providing real time data relative to projects, costs, etc. The bidding module has greatly simplified and reduced our work load. Our bidding process is practically automated now. The mail merge feature is awesome! We've integrated with DocuSign which has simplified approvals and signatures. The meeting minutes feature in the calendar module enables easy tracking of minutes. And on, and on, and on.

Desventajas

The thing I like least has nothing to do with the product or the vendor. I'm frustrated with individual user's inability to truly adopt the product and change how they do things. Old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks.

Crystal-Rose
  • Sector: Aerolíneas/aviación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

e-Builder for the Admin

Revisado el 9/4/2019

Previously, our company relied on paper, scanned documents and e-mail. Slowly but surely we are transferring all of our business processes for the entire enterprise made up of approximately 12 divisions into e-Builder. Several processes including procurement, invoice requests, budget requests, change requests, contingency transfers, etc. have all been successfully rolled out and are being maintained in the system while we expand to other departments like Admin & HR, Operations, Facilities, Business & Revenue, Technology, etc. as we continue to develop the software as an enterprise warehouse for all our business needs.

Puntos a favor

Functionality and ease of use not only for end-users but especially for the client system admins. Whether it's setting up projects, users, roles, processes, reports, dashboards, etc. the navigation and setup for all are intuitive and user friendly that anyone with typical technical skills could successfully use with little to no training or direction.

Desventajas

Though the system is very easy to use and setup, this is mostly because clients to not have access to the hard-coded data. Typically this is not a problem but there are limitations that come up from time to time like the ability to edit/remove standard and default fields or search functionality and options in different modules.

Mike
  • Sector: Diseño
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Asistencia al cliente

I am a contractor that has been forced to use e-builder because the agency I am currently...

Revisado el 19/12/2018

I would really encourage you to think this out. E-builder is a gimmick, and a waste of time and money.

Puntos a favor

I do not like anything about this product. E-builder attempts to solve a problem that never existed, which in turn only creates problems. I receive on average 50 email per day from e-builder, and 99% of them do not apply to me. Therefore my email inbox was getting flooded with emails, and made it difficult to find what I was looking for. I then created an outlook folder for the e-builder emails so they stay out of my inbox. Now I have problem that I do not receive notifications when the emails come through, and I cannot view those emails from my iPhone, because they are in a different outlook folder.

Desventajas

The RFI/Change Order/Billing process used to be easy prior to using e-builder. E-builder has created a number of processes and steps that have to be completed by people on each side before it can get advanced to the next level. These processes used to be as easy as sending an email to the right individual. Now if a certain individual in e-builder drops the ball, it holds up the whole process. On average (a small business) the Port has been paying us a month late every month because of the problems with e-builder.

Rosanna
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Good Overall Program for Budget Management

Revisado el 20/12/2022

Puntos a favor

I like the ability to go in and make all the necessary changes to my project with little effort. Setting up new Commitments, process changes and incoming invoices has been relativity easy. I have developed a system for my project and the three years that I have been working in e-Builder I have had a very smooth.

Desventajas

I am definitely not a fan of the recent changes that have been made with the sorting and search features. I loved being able to scroll down my screen and see all the information for my PO's, changes and invoices. Until the latest update. Since then my ability to view the items that I work with the most has been dramatically hindered. I spend more time searching and re searching than ever before. My productivity has plummeted since the new changes. Recently I had to process 26 CCA's at one time, and had to spend an hour or so trying to get them processed. This used to be such an easier process. There is no longer the ability to use the back button on you computer, you must start over from the beginning and this is quite time consuming.

David
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A great project management package for design and construction.

Revisado el 26/1/2018

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Puntos a favor

Three features in particular have made my job easier. First, processes are standardized and automated. There is no longer any guesswork as to how something was done, where the paperwork is, or who is holding up holding things up. Second, everything is documented as a byproduct of working through a process. Emails, internally generated documents, contracts, changes orders, submittals, etc. are captured and stored for easy reference. Third, no more paper. We have eliminated scores of filing cabinets, including those storing record documents from previous projects, and everything is now available digitally where ever I go.

Desventajas

Design reviews are frustrating. They require everyone on the distribution list to reply before the process can proceed. In our organization there are some individuals who need to be included in the design review but often do not respond. We typically have an administrator override and terminate the process. I wish there was an option to automatically close the process at the due date.

Sheth
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril

E-Builder user for 3+ years

Revisado el 10/12/2021

Puntos a favor

The ability to run reports and manage documents. Almost any aspect of a project can be tracked and reported on, presuming you have the right data inputs. The processes are relatively easy to setup and use and provide notification to actors when necessary. While we are not really using the dashboard functionality currently, that capability is there.

Desventajas

e-Builder is slow to make major upgrades, including to the interface. Some changes were initially mentioned several years ago and have yet to be rolled out. The pace of significant upgrades seems to haves slowed over the last 2+ years. There also used to be consistent quarterly updates provided on upgrades but this does not happen anymore.

Cylix

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Good system that is constantly improving

Revisado el 28/9/2017

Great system, keep up the good work. You have a good team of intelligent programmers and customer service providers. Having a road map and plan for the direction of the group is imperative and will keep the creative people focused on where the application needs to go. There are little bugs here and there in the system, or parts that do not function exactly as we want causing us to create work-arounds.

Puntos a favor

The interface is very intuitive, the modules are helpful and the functions are logical. We have had success in generating reports that executives can use to make strategic company-wide decisions as construction consumes the most capital resources available.

Desventajas

There are some functions and features that could be improved as they are starting to compete with other applications available. As an example we want to use the schedule module more but the Microsoft project application is much easier so we end up importing MS project files instead of generating the original project schedules in eBuilder. We want all-in-one most of the time but it would require integration with MS products or building a clone which we understand is time consuming and expensive.

Hedaia

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Carefully customized to efficiently manage all operations of construction projects

Revisado el 4/2/2022

e-Builder We use it to keep track of project documentation, invoicing, and reports. It also attempted to increase team communication.

Puntos a favor

The collaborative feature of e-Builder Enterprise allowed us to efficiently manage the project contract, save all contract documents in an organized manner, and retrieve them when needed, as well as generate status reports that show the status of all documents, what was answered, when, and who is still stuck. Thus, e-Builder is a construction project management software that covers all aspects of a construction project, from planning to delivery. I prefer the start interface since it is clear and complete with all the tools I need, and the tabs make it easy to switch between functions. I loved the organized and comprehensive reports we can issue with him.

Desventajas

Not many negatives, as the e-Builder is easy to use, but to achieve the expected results from its use, it depends on the work team. efficiently.

Boyd

Happy user for almost 10 years

Revisado el 16/3/2018

Improved project management. Drives consistent application of project management processes.

Puntos a favor

Strong program focused on helping Owners efficiently manage capital projects through the design and construction process. Flexible processes allow Owners to customize process flows to match their unique needs. Ability to integrate a wide variety of project team members into the processes helps maximize process efficiency and collaboration. Reports for day to day use are easy to set up, flexible and functional.

Desventajas

Schedule module is still clunky. Difficult to drawn data from across modules to create certain types of comprehensive reports. In some cases data must be downloaded to Excel and further manipulated to capture desired analysis. Licensing cost structure can make it cost prohibitive to include project team members outside of the Owner's staff and take full advantage of the collaborate potential of the software.

Usuario verificado
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Functional product but seriously dated

Revisado el 13/11/2018

Its a great company and has the sold weight of Trimble behind it. They need to start investing in a new interface to keep track.

Puntos a favor

It is a great tool for owners in the space - it covers every aspect from funding to change to schedule and packages it up into a single product.
Also a big fan of the program management functionality which really sets it apart from the construction management software that you often see which only focuses on a single project.

Desventajas

The UX/UI is extremely dated and needs a touch up.

Custom coding on the WBS/CBS is a bit clunky too and needs a lot of training for people to get right.

Katherine
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Owner Representative Feedback

Revisado el 25/6/2020

Organization of internal documents has immensely improved in our office. The ability to control the document management has been helpful with a large office and lots of archives. The other more robust and/or complicated features have been a struggle to get the office into. Unfamiliarity with the program has been a difficult hump to get over.

Puntos a favor

the ability to setup controls on functions so that organization and consistency can be maintained. The forms section is great. The fact that it keeps documents and conversation all in one place. It's nice that it can be placed in one persons court to know who needs to take action. It's also very helpful to manage workloads with employees.

Desventajas

Implementation of the program to our office has been difficult. It's difficult to fit in the time to understand the program ourselves then train others how to use it. The opportunities are endless when it comes to building processes, forms etc. but the time to build them is tough to find. We could have benefited more from training from an e-Builder team but did not have the funds to purchase it.

Luke
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Review of e-Builder by 10+ year System Administrator

Puntos a favor

The amazing configurability and functionality of the Processes (Structured Workflow) module. The ability to setup custom Reports and automate execution and delivery of such Reports. That this product is available from anywhere with a browser and an internet connection.

Desventajas

There are (seemingly low-cost, short turnaround time) fixes and enhancements that could significantly enhance overall functionality that have not been implemented for years. While the Reporting module does a pretty solid job reporting on the most needed data, there is a fairly large amount of underlying data that is not accessible via the Reporting module.

Foteinos

Pier 17 - Architect Experience

Revisado el 27/10/2016

We've been using E-Builder the past 3 years for the project and I admit that as we were evolving the way that we were using the platform through the years, as well as the several updates that E-Builder did have improved the experience. Overall, there have not been major issues in the process between architect - contractor, apart from some instances that we are currently facing where there is some sort of bug that creates a numbering issues at the submittals ID. Although we have found a temporary solution (between contractor and architect) to keep the work going, we believe that such an issue is creating a disorganized archive of all the submittals and should be avoided. Other than that, we do believe there is still some more room for better user experience at the platform. Lastly, at times the loading time between pages while browsing in E-Builder, takes more than normal, slowing down the process.

Puntos a favor

Cleanness of all open items on one's court

Loading time between pages

Lauren
  • Sector: Contabilidad
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Using E-Builder for Higher Ed Project Managament

Revisado el 20/12/2022

Our experience with Ebuilder has been amazing. Our company use to have weekly project meetings where we all got together to discuss statuses, budgets, important things however Ebuilder can store all that info in one place so we no longer to meet all the time. As a capital asset accountant one of my most used features is looking at all our project status updates from the project managers. I am able to quickly see if a project is complete in order to capitalize.

Puntos a favor

Ebuilder has helped our capital asset's team track and manage all construction projects on campus. It centralizes all of our project info. We are able to se the project's budget, start date, end date, status updates, documents, invoices, etc. There is even a thread people can write comments and questions and it will email out a message to everyone on the project so they can see. It's a huge time saver in our opinion!

Desventajas

One thing that I don't love about Ebuilder is that there a so many options on the dashboard it can be overwhelming and confusing. This may be able to adjusted based on your industry's preferences so it's not a huge deal.

Mark

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Very good product, but can be difficult to learn because it has so much functionality

Revisado el 15/3/2018

This software has made access to files and project information from multiple locations much easier. It has also organized my department to a single file structure allowing easier and timely location of critical project information. Sharing information across the University is also better as all of our data is formatted similarly for all projects.

Puntos a favor

The ease of transferring files into the eBuilder file system and ability to view files from the web while traveling. Scheduling is much improved since the last update.

Desventajas

Cost accounting can be difficult to understand because of all of the different areas where items can be entered. Would like to seamlessly drop files from email into eBuilder files without saving them on my computer first

Nasser
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

eBuilder Saves Time for Municipalities

Revisado el 31/1/2023

eBuilder allowed us to go through the pandemic shutdown without a glitch. All our documents are online and we longer have any filing cabinets whatsoever!

Puntos a favor

The software is super customizable. You can tailor it to work specifically with your workflow and business processes without the need to rewrite the software. Its reporting module is also customizable, and this allows to create reports to be used with super ease for meetings, projects status, schedules, etc... These reports allow to generate customized dashboards.

Desventajas

The submittal module can be improved but we created our own construction submittals module that meets our workflow needs.

james
  • Sector: Servicios

Inspector User

Revisado el 9/12/2021

Tracking submittals, approvals, non-conformance items and who is responsible for acting next step on same is a great benefit

Puntos a favor

Collection of Paperwork is fairly easy as well as photos
reports, prints, submittals, responses, tracking who's actions are next required etc.

Desventajas

Locking out of individuals from seeing all parts of the project information is a top down model that destroys trust and is an archaic approach too many organizations employ. Trust all, or trust none. It shows who is not trusted by action, and your words are no longer necessary to communicate the lack of trust to those you shun.

Gary

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Director of Program/Project Controls responsible for implementation and management of...

Revisado el 2/1/2018

Puntos a favor

Provides owners of large capital programs with the ability to manage the entire project lifecycle, from project request through closeout and turnover. Financial, Document Management and Workflow modules are excellent. Integrates well with enterprise financial systems and space management applications. Business Intelligence (BI) reporting provides more options for customized reporting.

Desventajas

The Capital Planning module could better align with the needs of owners with large multi-year capital programs. The Schedule module is being enhanced, which is long overdue.

Allison
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Giant file cabinet

Revisado el 17/10/2018

Sometimes if a naming convention wasn’t perfect or a file wasn’t dragged into the right folder it would get lost. Also, we had issues with attachments not going to the right files or going into a catch all folder we called “the black hole”. E-builder has many abilities to generate reports, but if training isn’t provided, it can be very frustrating.

Puntos a favor

Organized files by names, allowed ease of search with keyword search feature, had ability to generate many types of reports.

Desventajas

In order to run necessary reports, it was critical to work with an e-builder trainer. Their time was limited and the reports weren’t intuitively generated. We often learned about e-Builder’s abilities to streamline many things we did into one report, but if your e-Builder trainer doesn’t have the knowledge of those tools, it isn’t a real option to you. It was challenging to not be allowed to edit folder names and files without permissions for each file as a document control manager.

Jeremy

Great Product for Capital Project Delivery

Revisado el 19/12/2017

Operational effectiveness, reporting, workload planning

Operational effectiveness, reporting, workload planning

Puntos a favor

A modular approach to organizing an ERP specifically for capital project delivery. Each module can be customized to your organization's needs (budget, submittals, rfi, etc) by using a kit of parts methodology.

Desventajas

Because the system is project based, data access can be challenging for not project participants. You have to be a member of the project to gain access for instance to log time (via the timesheet module) on the project. Once a project is closed and you want access for operations, its cumbersome.

Lee
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

I found this software is friendly use, have difference type of reports.

Revisado el 30/6/2017

The benefits that I have learn from this software are: I have been training with AVICADO construction tech services for 3 days on Admins task. How to set up account for new users, the different between account's role and project role. How to manage the document types, using custom fields, add, edit and sort custom fields. How to create and edit mail merge template. And learn how to create form, and report and dashboards.

Puntos a favor

I like most on reports parts, I love to run and exporting out all cost summary reports, progress reports, dashboard, funding sources...etc....
It has so much functionality features in this software

george

Project Controls point of view

Revisado el 9/12/2021

Daily user, its the first thing i start may day with. I notice some improvements, but wished some of the integration and imports where much easier for a user who is unable to use the API.

Puntos a favor

I like that the software includes everything that can occurs on a project. everything is easily self contain and there is no need to use other software to manage a project.

Desventajas

At first its not intuitive, reports are limited especially when trying to compare a schedule to a specific line item in the cost. You can only report at the project level.

Ada
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

Invoicing Construction Projects/Orders

Revisado el 19/1/2017

I find e-Builder to be a better tool or process for invoicing construction projects, however, there is a disconnect that I am not sure how to close or get resolution on. It has more to do with the process than the usability of the program. I have to wait for commitments to be entered, which takes days and sometimes it has taken weeks. before I can submit my invoice via e-Builder. I do not understand why commitments are not entered when the POs are issued?

Puntos a favor

It has the potential to be a great tool, giving feedback on the status of invoices entered. It is great having the ability to see the progress and process of invoices entered. It would be better if the processes established were followed consistently.

Desventajas

I cannot invoice until the process of commitments has been entered. I have no prior notice that they have been unless I look, usually, they are not there. I have to wait for that usually. It would be a far more seamless process if the commitments were entered when the POs are issued and there would be no guessing or waiting. I would have the ability to invoice via e-Builder the same day I actually invoice thru our system. Currently, I have to re-invoice once the commitment is added to have a current date on the invoice to upload. It is double work, wait and not a smooth process.

Lee
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril

Project Specialist Capital Finance

Revisado el 26/10/2016

I have been work with e-Builder since June, 2012. My roles as CTP Budget Manager, CTA Finance Procurement, CTP Admin VP for process invoice and payment request, Document oversight which loading some invoice document to e-Builder. and GM-PM, G06 user Contruction, G06 Design. I will be train for e-Builder Admin in the future.

Puntos a favor

I like most about this software are those reports, like cost, concurrence, change, budget cost reviews, funding sources, bid, invoices, process reports...ect.. I just love to work with reports....

Desventajas

I am not sure about that what I don't like for this software...

Kate
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

Best Software for Customization

Revisado el 24/1/2017

The thing that I love most about e-Builder is how customizable it is. Unlike all of the other "out-of-the-box" management software systems I've seen, e-Builder is able to replicate your current processes online and make everything run more efficiently. And once things are up and running, you can easily see ways to improve your processes and quickly implement those changes. The icing on the cake of using e-Builder is the transparency it creates, leading to accountability on all sides. I wouldn't want to manage a project without it.

Puntos a favor

It's flexibility in customization.

Desventajas

Lack of flexibility in the Submittals module.