Deltek Vision

Project management tool for professional services managers.

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
4/5
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

468 opiniones

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

The basic functions of this software are easy to use, but it also has more complex capabilities...

Revisado el 9/5/2018

I am able to easily input and track time, expenses, purchasing, and payroll with the easy user interface

Puntos a favor

I like that this software is easy to learn and operate. It has a simple user interface in order to easily input time tracking and payroll line items.

Desventajas

The thing I like least about this software is the complexity. When searching for specific date, it is difficult to set the correct parameters in order to find exactly what I need to find.

• Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Great tools for Project Managers

Revisado el 30/12/2019

I believe this program is a significant upgrade over my firm's previous time tracking program. We should see the benefits within several months.

Puntos a favor

This is the second iteration of Deltek that I have used and there have been great additions since the last version I used. There are so many great tools for project management and tracking performance metrics. I particularly like the ability to schedule your work and availability -- this is great for work sharing with different offices/teams.

Desventajas

There is a bit of a learning curve to get yourself up to speed using all of the programs capabilities, but there are good resources and tutorials available to make sure you are getting the most out of the product. If you are only using it for timesheet purposes, I am not sure it is worth the extra cost.

Jeff
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Could be a lot more user-friendly

Revisado el 14/4/2017

The following is my opinion and I am not speaking on behalf of my company as most of my years with Deltek were before I joined Rockwell:

I have used Deltek for over 12 years and my experiences vary by the module. Newer modules such as project planning or online T&E are notorious for being excessively buggy. For many years my company avoided project planning based on reputation alone. The latest version of the planning module also was introduced with a serious lack of error prevention and trapping - such as allowing project plans to be edited in resource planning while the user is in the plan. Although some bugs are unavoidable, they are excessive and notorious in Vision which is frustrating to the user.

The help documentation is serious lacking in explanative detail and the search feature is abysmal - the results are often totally unrelated to what your search phrase is - and often it locks up before you get there. It is a shame because I think there are good features in Vision that people don't get to - such as workflow - because the poor documentation requires the hiring of consultants. Maybe this is by design, but it is too costly to keep doing this.

The accounting module is an example of a module that is solid as are others. And I find the people that handle the help and chat services to be dedicated and as helpful as possible.

Puntos a favor

Reliable for accounting and basic functions

Desventajas

Not user-friendly and requires a consultant to get into more complex areas unless you have someone on staff that has sufficient experience.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

A workhorse with a lot more features than I ever use

Revisado el 14/11/2018

I sometimes consider Deltek a necessary evil, but it is as good a software as I have seen and used.

Puntos a favor

Deltek has been the tracking software of choice and previous firms I worked at. To me it is the standard for tracking time spent on projects and for tracking project performance. The ability to track an analyze multiple employees' input is beneficial. As a project manager, my interface was tracking and project planning. Accounting and management used Deltek extensively to track project and firm performance.

Desventajas

Deltek can do a lot of things, and can easily get very confusing for staff who may not have extensive software training in its functionality.

Reinaldo
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Asistencia al cliente

Deltek Vision is a solution for professional services companies.

Revisado el 22/5/2018

A single piece of software to manage project-based accounting. Timesheets, expense reports, general ledger and everything else are in one place. Clear vision can help each strategy goal so that the organization grows and gains more work. It provides crucial data in real time through graphic charts in roles, customizable reports and alerts. Account managers and public accountants can clearly see each project and allow easy-to-use project reports. The customer service is also amazing.

Puntos a favor

Deltek Vision is very good because it offers updated data in real time through graphical charts in roles, customizable reports and alerts, it also allows companies that manage all financial aspects, Deltek Vision is a software solution that allows to use customized design modules and forms modules for the preparation time of the proposal. With Deltek Vision you can support each strategy goal for the organization to grow and earn more work.

Desventajas

It happens that in some reports, you can not easily change the information that is being clicked on the items you want to display. Module cabinets are not available. The reports are too many options, but they do not have options that allow us to visualize with greater clarity.

Nick

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

An important tool done well, albeit a little blocky

Revisado el 15/4/2019

Puntos a favor

It's software that brings a number of important business tasks into one place and keeps them organised well. For audit sake in a large business, this is a must.

Desventajas

Without training, it's not user friendly. However with appropriate training, even the smallest amount to be familiarized with the system, it feels more user friendly and manageable to someone less savvy.

• Sector: Contabilidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Prueba gratis

Guaranteed project organization

Revisado el 2/4/2019

Puntos a favor

Which entrepreneur would not like to have a platform that guarantees organization and an orderly management of their work and projects? If you're looking for that, then Deltek Vision is ideal. Its functionality is fully designed to undertake a working sheet complex enough not to miss any detail.
This platform contains tools to constantly monitor the status of the project and the use of personnel. Therefore, it is an integrated system to track all financial planning data and resources. It also has the possibility that you can manage all your content through the cloud, so your information will always be guaranteed.
It is clear that this application is totally aimed at a certain target of professionals that can get the most out of it. Not everyone can manage their business and projects with Deltek Vision. Must be a trained person to interact with the program in question.
However, if you are, and you are looking for that tool that easily manages customer relationships, track opportunities and estimate project costs, then do not wait any longer and start working with Deltek Vision.

Desventajas

Perhaps one of the most important details that contrast with its proper functioning, is the complex structure that composes it. While it has innumerable forms and operating tools, it can overwhelm the shape of your design. In addition, being a tool for such a specific audience, it will surely cost anyone with few studies on the subject of business, accounting, and management.

Robust, a bit clunky

Revisado el 21/8/2018

Puntos a favor

There are so many tweaks and options in this software - it can do a wide range of functions from balance sheet accounting, payroll, and project accounting

Desventajas

The interface is a bit dated and cluttered. There are a lot of options I wish I could hide

• Sector: Telecomunicaciones
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

ALL-IN-ONE, WEB BASED PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Revisado el 13/9/2018

Puntos a favor

Our team used Deltek Vision to manage time and expenses, demand forecasting, data visualization, resource allocation and others. It is broad in a sense that it has so much application and it offers far more widely than just time and expense management. Deltek Vision allowed our team to work simultaneously through this product. Our documentation of our resources is easier with Deltek Vision.

Desventajas

Deltek Vision is best used by someone with experience regarding the software. It is a little complex for beginners. Our team learned how to use it to increase productivity.

Nathan

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Used it for years, HR seems to like it, but it's complicated as hell for PMs

Revisado el 4/4/2018

Puntos a favor

It keeps up with as many projects as we have - and we've got a bunch! We use it to track hundreds of projects, and it never crashes/drops - it's been very stable for us, and if you can understand how to ask for the right data, the reports are pretty helpful.

Desventajas

Understanding how to ask for the right data is very challenging sometimes. It's also hard to catch typos or other mistakes - it would be really nice if it has some inteligence, and could say "hey, you've charged time for the past month to project number 1234.5, and this month you're charging time to 12345 - is that a typo?"

Tony
  • Sector: Construcción
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

See your Vision with Deltek!!!

Revisado el 8/3/2018

This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

Puntos a favor

Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

Desventajas

The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

Sandra

Vision Review by Accounting

Revisado el 28/2/2017

Vision has good features and is lacking in some features. Vision used to be able to alphabetize A/R Statements when we initially started using it. Through upgrades, Vision lost that feature that we found valuable for our billing process. Vision is lacking in end of year reporting functionality. For example, end of year 1099 functionality is lacking. States require the account id assigned to companies to be reported on 1099s. Vision is currently unable to print accurate paper copies nor is it able to provide an accurate electronic file. Customer support was not able to help me and I had to manually edit the electronic file in order to have a 1099-MISC that would pass our state's criteria. Vision does not provide reporting for form 1099-INT which I need for reporting interest on shareholder payouts. Financial reporting is lacking some. Balance Sheets typically have Assets on page 1 and Liabilities and Equity on page 2. I have not found a way to easily achieve this with settings in Vision. I have employees that would like to be able to review their payroll withholdings and paystubs at any given time, but are not able to do that. At times, Vision is disappointing for the Accounting department. At other times, it is a rock star for us.

Puntos a favor

Integregrates the engineers project management with accounting reporting.

Desventajas

Payroll tax/End of Year Tax Reporting is lacking.

Chelsee

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Deltek Review from a billing standpoint

Revisado el 28/6/2017

Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.

Puntos a favor

The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision. It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful.
It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.

Desventajas

It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming. You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed. I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.

Sue

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Deltek Vision - Wonderful Program to Control & Grow Your Project Based Business

Revisado el 29/3/2017

Deltek Vision is a work horse of a software program. Its functionality is extensive and requires a full time person to be invested fully into set up and maintenance of the many features available. We find that we aren't able to use many of the great features simply because we don't have the time to explore and learn them all. Reporting features are fantastic and so useful in project management. Highly recommend this program for any project based company.

Puntos a favor

The reporting features are so inclusive that you really can get any info you need at the click of report once you have them set up.

Desventajas

It relies on accurate entry of data so I can't even say that there's a negative about the software just that you need consistent processes of input in order for the features to work efficiently.

Leigh
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

Review of Vision

Revisado el 7/3/2017

I used Vision from July 2007 thru the present, my company was bought out last fall and we are forced to switch to BST as our accounting system. Vision is infinitely superior to BST. BST is an abomination it takes twice as long AT LEAST to do anything. I wish we could continue to use vision. It was more flexible, intuitive and efficient.

Puntos a favor

It is intuitive and versatile and could be used to meet our customers needs.

Desventajas

Compared to BST which I have to use now I love everything about Vision. When I had not experienced the contrast I would say there were some fields that you typed in that you had to expand to use and that was a nuisance. Or that in interactive billing there is a lot of gray space that I would rather see my data in. However, I had ever used BST before I would have be thrilled to open the screen to change the notes instead of 5 components to do one invoice.

Jon

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Can do almost anything you want, but not intuitive

Revisado el 20/4/2017

Vision has the ability to track time and expenses and prepare project plans and report out that information in infinite detail. Benefits to your firm can be vast from timesheets, to project plans to CRM data and coordination.
However its unlimited potential also leads to a lack of intuitive processes for the casual user. Lots of training time is required for high performance users to be able to track and understand the data and reporting and connection. Can require significant time to accurately input and adjust details as project fees and schedules change.

Puntos a favor

Ability to report out data and create customizable reports and methods of reviewing and previewing that data. Useful for forecasting and reviewing upcoming projects.

Desventajas

Not user friendly or intuitive. Field names and connections to other fields are not readily apparent. Takes years to become fluent in the program.

Meredith

Useful Data Organization and Management Tool

Revisado el 9/12/2021

While Vision is a somewhat older-looking software it functions more logically and is much better organized than its newer version (Vantagepoint). There are some clunky workflows but with training and daily use, they are easily overcome. The product itself really helps to keep things organized and provides options for reporting that can be shared system-wide.

Puntos a favor

I like that data is laid out in a logical way and certain custom development seems to be integrated with fewer issues than other software programs. Also, you can search across different hubs to ensure your results are specifically tailored to your needs.

Desventajas

I don't like how certain workflows open windows that restrict your ability to access the information behind them.

Barbara
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Deltek Vision Review

Revisado el 11/4/2017

We have used Deltek Vision via the Cloud for two years. My previous firm was not on the cloud and it appeared we had more issues which I believe were related to our IT Department not always updating the software. The seamless updates are great.
I would have like to have more written manuals for the software. When I originally started using Deltek there were general manuals for each module. I found these invaluable.
The features and functionality is above what we need as a small firm. However, as we grow I can see were many of the functions we do not use will become invaluable.
We have had to reach out to customer support for technical issues related to problems with individuals users and each time the technical support has been excellent and our problems solved quickly. We have never had an "outage" or problem accessing the software which is a big plus.
While I would recommend this software to most firms, due to the cost of the software I would suggest smaller or start-up firms explore other options to see if their needs can be met through other software until the business is on solid ground.

Ashley

Professional Engineering Firm

Revisado el 11/4/2017

Vision allows our firm to seamlessly track project progress and maintain our office system in a safe and convenient location. We have been able to reduce paper-waste by uploading invoices and A/P directly into Vision. User settings allow our employees quick access to items needed to complete their projects efficiently. We are definitely happy with Vision!

Puntos a favor

Everything is very direct - you don't waste time looking for the program you need or wondering which program to utilize.

Desventajas

Some of the features (ie - vacation accruals) are difficult to set without previous software programming experience.

Kelly

Great Program, Lots of Capability

Revisado el 30/3/2017

We are a small architecture firm and, honestly, Vision is probably way bigger than what we actually have needed in the past. That said however, we have really benefitted from the portions of the program that we do use and have used, and there are several new portions that we are just starting to grow into. Our experience with the customer service team has been great, they really take the time to work with you so you understand what you're doing, and the Quick Chat feature is great for those quick little questions you have from time

Puntos a favor

The capabilities are amazing.

Desventajas

It's a bit bulky. I wish that there was more of an "a la carte" way to use the program. We are a small design firm, and a good chunk of Vision isn't really anything we use.

Patrick

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Inter-connectivity is a problem

Revisado el 20/3/2017

Connecting CRM functions to MS Outlook is a continuous and long-term weakness (for over 10 years). Project planning connectivity to MS project is also very spotty - works sometimes, most of the time - it does not work. Reporting has always been a problem - not enough flexibility. Same for search capability - often fields are not available that are needed for proper selection of records. All of these issues have been raised many time via cases over the years - they never seem to get fixed.

Puntos a favor

It has powerful features - the connection between financial data and project planning is a real plus.

Desventajas

Lack of flexibility and inter-connectivity is a constant frustration.

Adam
  • Sector: Software informático

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

CRM Consultant

Revisado el 25/3/2017

I have been using Deltek Vision for over 10 years and have seen many clients benefit greatly from its capabilities and features.

Puntos a favor

Custom configuration capability is awesome. You don't have to be a programmer to learn how to set it up. Searching and reporting tools are second to none.

Desventajas

Sometimes the great amount of capability can be intimidating to customers. That is why I always recommend training for a successful implementation.

Cathy
  • Sector: Recursos Humanos

Very good!

Revisado el 29/3/2017

In my experience I have been happy overall with my Deltek Vision software. As a professional services firm, there are features I am hoping for that will make my job easier. Workflows are good but could be easier to build. The planning module is also good but needs more automated features......too manual at this point. Billing module for our firm is also very manual....takes 1 - 2 days to complete and post.

Puntos a favor

It takes the place of 4 separate systems and accessible from anywhere since its cloud based.

Desventajas

As a professional services firm it seems to be lacking in features for our processes.

JANICE

Happy Controller

Revisado el 15/11/2016

5 years on Vision, accounting & payroll modules.
We are moving to outsourced payroll. We have found the payroll module to be cumbersome and not as well supported as the rest of Vision. Simple problems that seem like easy fixes (ex. W-2 forms not lining up for preprinted forms), are not addressed. There seems little interest or support from Deltek, and it would be so nice to be able to have under one umbrella, but as employee reporting requirements (ACA) are increasing, we weren't comfortable to continue with the Payroll module as it exists.

Reporting, seamlessness between time/billing

Payroll module
Only available on explorer

Ken

Long Time User

Revisado el 7/3/2017

Have been using Deltek software for our A/E firms accounting functions since the 90's. It has always done a great job and the Vision software has made our accounting work so much easier. The timesheet program is a great interface and tracks all our projects status.

Puntos a favor

the ease of taking our labor tracking from timesheet to billings. Also like the easy to get reports.

Desventajas

We have occasional issues with the invoice template being a bit too standard and hard to adjust for specific billing situations.