Lighthouse Studio

Market research software for government agencies

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

168 opiniones

Tatiana
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Our Main Tool for Survey Programming

Revisado el 26/3/2019

This is the main tool we use to program surveys of any level of difficulty. Once you have done enough projects, all past surveys serve as excellent templates, on the basis of which it is possible to solve similar tasks, at the same time - customizing for specific needs.

Puntos a favor

Super versatile, completely customizable, love the endless options of implementing PERl, Java, HTML by themselves and with the help of SSI Scripts. Can look overwhelming for somebody who needs simple SurveyMonkey-style surveys, but works as a real powerhouse for those who want more. Customer support is exceptional - very responsive, can create specific pieces of codes tailored for your task. Great response time both via the phone and email.

Desventajas

Just sad that the standalone version of Sawtooth Web is slowly going away and probably will seize to be at some point.

Justin
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Lighthouse Studios Review

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Overall, I am still extremely happy and satisfied with the Sawtooth and the new Lighthouse Studios program. The customer support is second to none and the team is always available when needed. The employees are also very knowledgeable and answer any questions we have with a solution. After using Sawtooth for all 8 years of my employment at AMG Research, I do not think there is another company that could meet our needs as well as Sawtooth.

Puntos a favor

We have used Sawtooth Software for many years. Recently, we upgraded to the Lighthouse Studios version 9. I really enjoyed some of the new features like a drag and drop rank, the increased mobile responsiveness, and the next to none learning curve from the original Sawtooth Software. I could go on and one, but overall it is a very easy to use program.

Desventajas

With all of the good Lighthouse Studios offers there are some things I would really like to see improved; mostly with the market simulator conjoint. In the past, Sawtooth had a program called SMRT. With SMRT, I was able to make banner variables and analyze multiple segments all at one time. That function was not added to the market simulator. Segmentation is not as easy as it had been in the past. Also, while you can customize your layout surveys, it is difficult to change the .css style sheets to change font colors, text sizes, spacing, and text styles. I have a intermediate knowledge of css and it was still very difficult for me.

Qualtrics CoreXM y QuestionPro

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

Past familiarity with Sawtooth, the ease of making constructed list, and the simplicity of the skip logic. Our surveys are very complex and with Lighthouse Studios, I was able to do everything I needed.
Silvo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Expensive

Revisado el 6/3/2020

OK for what we use it for.

Puntos a favor

Efficiency for choice modelling. Not much beyond that.

Desventajas

Expensive and few usability improvements over the years.

Maxwell

Deep Software That Empowers Users

Revisado el 11/3/2020

It's been our bread and butter survey publisher for over 10 years! We love it! What else is there to say.

Puntos a favor

Nothing is impossible. While many of the new slick, glossy software competing with Sawtooth prioritize aesthetics and wide-spreading integrated functionality, they sacrifice the deeper levels of customization and flexibility that Sawtooth enables with it's native scripting language, unverified perl, and advanced skip logic functionality. While many other softwares offer you a "boxed" solution that may be easier to use for casual users, Sawtooth rewards those willing to learn by empowering them to be able to do whatever they want.

Desventajas

Some interface items could be streamlined (nested menu only enable you to interact with whatever window is in focus) and the styles could be more robust with animations - Although this has never been Sawtooth's comparitive advantage, in my opinion.

Qualtrics CustomerXM, QuestionPro y SurveySparrow

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

All other publishers are boxed solutions without the robust scripting capability of Sawtooth.
Phil
  • Sector: Juegos de ordenador
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Best software for choice modeling

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Use for product feature prioritization, pricing research, brand equity. LOVE working in it. It's my favorite tool.

Puntos a favor

I love the amount of customization you can do with this software. The options available for doing choice modeling are the best of any available software. The expertise behind the product is amazing as well. Customer support has helped me numerous times. The information available on the website is comprehensive and helpful. The forum is particularly well moderated.

Desventajas

Not quite as user-friendly as Qualtrics for some things such as survey flow.

Qualtrics CustomerXM

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

Qualtrics still has a long way to go. Although it has a randomized first choice, there aren't near as many ways to work with it. You also can't do Alternative-specific designs, partial profile designs, conditional displays, and conditional pricing (I think). There's also no way to test your design and look at things like standard errors. They also don't talk about hold-out tasks or make it easy to incorporate them. Have also talked with Saurabh at Knowledge Excel but am so used to using Sawtooth that I just wanted to keep using it.
Duncan

My review

Revisado el 8/3/2020

We are most often looking at price, but also other features and benefits of products and services. We haven't used the full functionality of the software (a) because we have our own interviewing and scripting software that our team uses (Dimensions) and (b) because we create our own simulators.

Puntos a favor

It is just so easy to use. And there are a number of options available when creating a design so that if one doesn't work I can try something else. Also the ability to include my own designs for modelling if I need to, which I do sometimes.

Desventajas

The time taken to design and/or analyse large or complicated experiments. Sometimes it's longer than I have available, but there are other options available to me in the software which I use instead.

Julien
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5.001-10.000 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Very sound software, constrainted interface

Revisado el 10/3/2020

That was our first use of Lighthouse.
We have made some design choices that made the analysis of the results complicated: instead of using levels adjusted to the context of the respondents, we duplicated CBC questionnaires with updated levels.
Due to lower responses that expected we had to regroup the responses, that could not be done with the tool but with the help of the support we could do it separately and feed it back in the Analysis tool.
Although not recommended that saved our analysis and we could get reasonably good results.
The flexibility of the tool was a real plus here, though there is a great margin of improvement still.

Extensive documentation.

Well defined steps (Design, Run, Analysis, Simulation) with csv input/output between last 3 steps to allow adhoc processing in the middle.

Desventajas

The interface of the questionnaire design is the weakness, some particular points:
- impossible to keep the documentation opened while editing the questionnaire
- Not possible to copy-paste CBC questions within a questionnaire
- UI design of the surveys is fastiduous. we had difficulties to use standard javascript libraries in survey.

Also the use of a format easier to process for the .ssi files (XML ?) would enable to update questionnaires by script.

SurveyMonkey

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

More extensive and better documented analytics. Sawtooth trainings and workshops
Greg
  • Sector: Consultoría de gestión
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Comprehensive Survey Software - Sawtooth

Revisado el 6/3/2020

We rely on Lighthouse Studio for our product optimization efforts, enabling us to do scenario planning, product development prioritization and alignment to customer segment targets.

Puntos a favor

If you are in need of sophisticated analyses (e.g. conjoint, MaxDiff, etc.), there is no comparable to Sawtooth in terms of feature breadth, sophistication of exercises, and overall flexibility in survey design incorporating these complicated exercises.

Desventajas

The overall UX is built for hardcore programmers, and while there is seemingly infinite flexibility, this is often too much for the modest user, and is not comparable to the other SaaS software options like Qualtrics, SurveyGizmo, Decipher or Dynata.

John

Lighthouse Studio Review

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Overall good experience and I would recommend and continue using myself.

Puntos a favor

MaxDiff and general ease of use. I will be using the simulator as well once I have a better handle on it.

Desventajas

Can be pretty expensive, and support can be challenging.

XLSTAT

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

I have both.... XLSTAT great with some features where Sawtooth not ideal. But for higher level analyses such as MaxDiff & DCM would prefer to use Lighthouse. COST is the biggest hurdle-
Sumit

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

The software is very user friendly. Conjoint and maxdiff analysis is very powerful and...

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Overall experience is very good that's why I have associated with this software for last 5 years.

Puntos a favor

Output of conjoint and maxdiff is very user friendly. Making customized survey is very easy. The best part is data collection in different mode like online/offline and can integrate with other platform is also helpful to sustain in market. Some desired questions are not there by default but can make it using Jquery/CSS/HTML like text highlighter/Heatmap.

Desventajas

Sometimes data lost for any particular question which should not but we can find the same in history table which is good.

Claudio

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Solid package, especially if you'd like to customise or if you're into Conjoint, MaxDiff etc.

Revisado el 7/3/2020

Compared to other survey software, Lighthouse is a solid product that has a lot of capabilities and helps develop great surveys. Sure there is a lot that could be improved (and hey, Sawtooth, if you'd like some input or ideas, you're welcome to get in touch;) but in comparison it is one of the better solutions if you are looking for a certain degree of freedom and know your way around JS, CSS, Perl etc.

Puntos a favor

Highly customisable. Tailored towards people who are developers or have a strong tendency towards developing and therefore more intuitive than other products that do have more pleasing UIs yet more cumbersome UXs.
It's one of the few solutions that provide good functionality when it comes to all types of Conjoint studies, MaxDiff etc.
Backwards compatibility in terms of "the interwebs" is pretty deep (supports browser and platforms way back) although that's also something that holds the software back more than it should.
Offline functionality works ok - although only on Android.

Desventajas

Innovation is lacking a bit. The overall architecture, look and feel of the software is almost unchanged in the past decade. Still relying heavily on jQuery and other libraries (which is totally unnecessary since almost everything can be done with vanilla JS and much reduced overhead!). The DOM and the structure comprises of a lot of jank. After all it's a web-experience and there are many things that can be improved upon to rise up to modern days web-standards to provide decent loading times, UXs for the respondents and make use of modern APIs and browser capabilities.
I wish there was a more open dialog with developers in terms of roadmaps, development cycles, including suggestions etc.
Offline functionality for iOS would be nice!

Qualtrics CoreXM, Qualtrics CustomerXM y SurveyMonkey
Paul
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

Why Lighthouse Studio should be in your consideration set

Revisado el 7/3/2020

I have been using the Lighthouse Studio since 2006. It has steadily grown in that time with more and more features / improvement included constantly across the journey.

The Sawtooth Software team listen to their clients. They encourage you to voice your opinion. They regularly seek out your feedback for the good of their products.

They really do get it right.

Puntos a favor

It contains all the standard survey question types and many of the more complex / customised question types that other software includes. It has the ability to add customised features / programming via HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Perl, etc.

As with any software you become familiar with, it is easy to navigate your way around the menus and features within.

The Sawtooth Software support is world class. It consists of a vibrant online forum and a generous and friendly help desk direct from Sawtooth Software themselves. I rely heavily on their ongoing support.

Desventajas

I guess self interest kicks in here.

There are a couple of features I would love to see included such as a bulk emailer, carousels (programmed by Sawtooth Software rather than me) and file uploading within a survey.

Steve

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

With you for the long run

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Lighthouse, although we don't fully utilize every feature, is exactly what we needed to accomplish the MaxDiff tasks for both our research teams and clients. If you're not sure how do do something, call them. I can almost guarantee they have the exact something you need and will definitely help you through everything. They are among the smartest in the industry and know the ins and outs of everything they give us the ability to accomplish. So even if you get everything set up, but just don't fully understand the results, they can easily help with that as well. If you're on the fence, I would highly recommend this side as the greener one.

Puntos a favor

I have used Sawtooth Software since their first days of Ci2 back in the 90s. I've used their interviewing software (CATI/CAPI), went with to Ci3 and then Sensus as they entered the Web space. Their software has always been on point, giving you all of the features needed for a complete market research system.

Since the early days, I have morphed to different systems with different companies, but have come back to Lighthouse for its ability to help run MaxDiff designs. We set everything up in Sawtooth, transfer the design to our interviewing software, import it back to Lighthouse, run the scores and upload it to the online analyzer. Our teams, and even some clients really love the ease of the online analyzer that also includes TURF analysis side-by-side with the MaxDiff analysis.

Desventajas

They have SO many choices for researchers, sometimes it can be difficult to know which is best for you, but if you tell them what you are trying to do, they'll get you to the exact product/service/logic you need.

Nico

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Essential product for our business

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Has been an everyday part of our business for years. Couldn’t live without it.

Puntos a favor

Flexible and robust - does everything we need to conduct research and analyses. Excellent customer service. This product helps us provide essential services to our clients.

Desventajas

Does everything we need. No concerns at all.

Confirmit

Razones para elegir Lighthouse Studio

Ease of use, price, service, capabilities.

Software anterior

Voxco Online

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

Ease of use, price, capabilities, service
Daniel

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Lighthouse Studio makes my job a joy to do.

Revisado el 6/3/2020

Overall I find Lighthouse Studio to be one of the easiest platforms to use that doesn't sacrifice features in the name of usability. Our company uses another platform for programming surveys (Voxco) and the client software for it is clumsy, and the web app lacks many of the basic features I uses for almost all surveys I program.

Puntos a favor

The built in questions and functionality are reason enough to find Lighthouse Studio worth the price, but the support and flexibility of the software are why I think it is almost the perfect solution for programming surveys. The Perl and JavaScript support gives me the ability to create almost anything a client requests. Add in the user forums and the question library, and there isn't much I cannot do with Studio.

Desventajas

The only 2 features that the software is missing (at least I have not found a way to implement them) are the ability to assign custom values to items in a list ( example: on a 3 item list, such as 'yes' 'no' and 'none', the value of 'yes' will always be 1, 'no' will always be 2, and 'none' will always be 3) and project managers sometimes want that, since it is possible in another platform our company uses(Voxco). And the other is the ability to tie it into our dialing solutions for over the phone interviews. But these are not mission critical, just features that would allow us to use Studio for more projects.

Usuario verificado

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Powerful survey and conjoint tool, but needs updating

Revisado el 3/2/2022

I have been using Lighthouse Studio for at least 7 years and it amazes me how powerful and customizable it is. Granted, to take full advantage you need at least some familiarity with CSS, JavaScript and Perl, but with some pretty basic knowledge you can create truly beautiful surveys.
Over the past 18 months or so we have been moving more and more toward systems integration. For example I have a custom panel of participants living over in Database A. I want them to move into/thru a survey on Lighthouse, then depending on their responses send them to Database B or Database C, or send them follow-up SMS or email messages. Lastly, we have switched to reporting from a Dashboard and want pull data directly from lighthouse to the dashboard. While all of this is do-able, it requires a great deal of work and could be improved to make it easier and more fluid.

Puntos a favor

Lighthouse is an incredibly powerful survey tool that allows for a great deal of customization. It also has a very strong Conjoint exercise creator.

Desventajas

It is built on an older programming language (perl) which limits the ease of doing things such as connecting data to a dashboard or working with API's.

Qualtrics CustomerXM

Customizability, strength of conjoint

Respuesta de Sawtooth Software Traducir a español

Thanks for your fair and honest review. We've shared it with the team, so they can be aware of your desire and need for data integration improvements.

Steven

Sawtooth Lighthouse Studio Not Just for Conjoint Anymore

Revisado el 6/3/2020

It gets the job done and allows us to explore new ways of surveying people.

Puntos a favor

Sawtooth's Lighthouse Studio is a great overall survey tool. My first introduction to Sawtooth was over 30 years ago doing conjoint surveys offline. And for years I had pretty much considered them the go-to firm for conjoint design software. But I have been using Sawtooth as my primary survey software for about seven years now. It does everything we need.

And their customer support is wonderful. Every so often we have a new use that no one has done before. The techs at Sawtooth are always up to the challenge.

Desventajas

Styles may not be as fashionable as some of the alternatives, but the system is exceptionally flexible.

Confirmit y Qualtrics CustomerXM

Razones para cambiar a Lighthouse Studio

The conjoint capability is the best.
ROD

Lighthouse By Far the Best

Revisado el 6/3/2020

We have programmed thousands of surveys with Lighthouse for companies in various industries around the world. We are a full-service market research company, and Lighthouse is our primary data collection tool.

Puntos a favor

We have used Lighthouse / SSI_Web / CiW for 20+ years. It is by far the best survey authoring software available, and Sawtooth's MaxDiff and conjoint modules speak for themselves. Rapid development / programming. Hosting included with license. Much easier to program and more powerful than the online portal systems such as Decipher, Qualtrics, Confirmit, etc. Perl language easy to implement as well as JavaScript. Works great on mobile. Support is the best!

Desventajas

FIrst and foremost - The online reporting module stinks. This is where the online portal systems such as Decipher and Qualtrics blow Lighthouse away. The quotas only tally when a survey is completed. If you add a new quota cell midstream, current completes are not tallied. They need to have the quotas hit the database server real-time instead of tally with completes.

Geoffrey

Heavy Lighthouse User

Revisado el 6/3/2020

We've used Sawtooth Software going back to Dos, and have always found them to be easy to work with, great customer support and well priced. And, since we do so much conjoint work, why not go straight to the source?

Puntos a favor

It is a great out-of-the-box software that is simple to setup and use, but there are a lot of ways to get advanced functionality from the software, using different programming languages. It's almost limitless what can be done with some advanced programming, and there are many additional question types available from the user library.

Desventajas

Some of the advanced programming is a little out of my league, and while knowing things can be done just not knowing exactly how to do them is a little frustrating.

IBM SPSS Statistics

Conjoint.
Scott

Very robust survey platform

Revisado el 6/3/2020

We have been using Lighthouse Studio and it predecessors for many years - more than ten. The upgrades and enhancements have been sufficient for our needs. We recently investigated Quatrics survey platform and the list of things we discovered that Qualtics couldn't do that Lighthouse could grew quickly and we ended our investigation. Quatrics is a very nice product, but I think Lighthouse is better.

Puntos a favor

There are virtually no constraints on the types of questions, survey elements, design elements, etc. that you can include in a survey. This makes Lighthouse not quite as easy to use as some of the others, but for a firm such as ours, these capabilities are a must. We have compared it to almost every other product on the market and have never really been close to switching away.

Desventajas

I wish it were a bit cheaper and I wish it would cater more toward general survey administration rather than advanced statistical procedures. It's not a 'complete' solution in that it lacks a list management/email invitation module. The reporting backend is robust, but a way to make nice looking client dashboards would be a good add.

Megan

The Gold Standard for Choice Based Research

Revisado el 6/3/2020

We use Lighthouse Studio for 100% of our projects because of it's flexibility and power. I can program anything my clients can come up and trust that the conjoint modules are the vetted and correct. Not to mention, if I ever have an issue, the Customer Support team is always there to help answer my questions.

Puntos a favor

Sawtooth Software is the most powerful choice based survey and analysis tool that exists today. I can easily create a conjoint or maxdiff exercise along with programming non-conjoint questions. Not to mention, I can completely customize my designs or survey as needed. Our business uses Sawtooth Software as the sole programming software for our research needs. We also leverage Sawtooth's incredible customer support hotline and their online user forum when we have tricky questions and need help. The support team is amazing!

Desventajas

The desktop software may look a little dated, but its power and capabilities overcome this!

Kegan
  • Sector: Entretenimiento
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

UI is Ugly, but the results are beautiful

Revisado el 6/3/2020

We use Lighthouse to build many different types of survey for a variety of applications (from doing concept testing for new monetization products, to tracking sentiment, to measuring interest in new game ideas). It has consistently provided us with the tools we need to segment easily, and create differentiated stack ranks of preference. I love Lighthouse Studio, despite the way it looks.

Puntos a favor

I love that Lighthouse Studio allows us to design and analyze choice task surveys with ease. I especially love the LCA functionality that is built in.

Desventajas

The UI is not very good. It looks like it was made by Russian hackers. It isn't as drag and drop as other survey design software I've used in the past (e.g. Qualtrics). These issues are less important to me than the capabilities the software offers, and the way it has transformed our research approaches at Riot.

Max

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Easy to learn, difficult to master survey software with a lot of freedoms

Revisado el 12/3/2020

All in all, Lighthouse is a very good choice for all those who want to set up complex online surveys and who need a lot of freedom (e.g. in filter management, design customization or quota control). If you regularly carry out conjoint analyses, there is no getting around the program.

If you prefer fancy user interfaces and want to carry out relatively simple surveys, where nothing can go wrong with the programming, even with infrequent users, you should use something else.

Puntos a favor

Sawtooth is incredibly flexible and lets the user conduct even the most complex online surveys. Especially the conjoint features are absolutely unbeaten. The design of the online surveys is modern and automatically optimized for mobile use. Even the integration of a dedicated survey server is relatively simple. Customer service is excellent and fast.

Desventajas

The freedoms come at a price: anything that goes beyond a simple survey is quite complex and requires employees who are at least familiar with a little coding. The design of the user interface could also use a few updates.

Mark

The Best Software Package For Conjoint and Maxdiff Data Collection and Analysis

Revisado el 9/3/2020

Sawtooth Software delivers a high-end, user friendly, robust software package, high level support personnel and access to them, when the need is there, that allows our business to service our customer's needs in their market research. We are fortunate to be able to present to our clients the latest research techniques and solutions with Sawtooth Software's Lighthouse Studio.

Puntos a favor

The ability to build custom studies in conjoint analysis and maximum difference scaling for our client's market research needs for data collection and comprehensive analysis. I have been using this software for a very long time. I am excited for each new release of more advanced function, the integration of new techniques, and new data analysis I've have the opportunity to provide our clients. And besides the software, I am always impressed by their superb support. They care about the problem and their users.

Desventajas

I love the software. I love the support. I love the expertise exhibited by the developers and support personal.

Michael
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Sawtooth's product quality and performance are understated

Revisado el 6/3/2020

I am not doing individual survey project work anymore, but instead trying to figure out how to handle a very large number of respondents efficiently using virtual cloud architecture. Challenges include not only how to make sure your product will run in a server whose operating system may be foreign to the one you use, but how you manage to offload data from the servers quickly enough to handle new logins. You might call this the "streaming respondent" problem.

Puntos a favor

It makes it easier to get around in things like self-hosting and providing client-ready monitoring tools.

Desventajas

I've discussed this with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before, but I want to mention that there has been a significant development in behavioral theory (economics, finance, etc.) that should be considered for future development. For example, Drazen Prelec at MIT several years ago proposed a simple model for assessing how truthful respondents are on single-item response scales. There are other articles in this area - just the "moral hazard" problem, as well as the "adverse selection" problem (propensity for survey participants to lie about their qualifications in order to be selected for the sample). The folks in these areas are a bit off the mainstream of behavioral economics or psychology, but since the work by Jean Lafontte (sp?) in the 1980s (UChicago?), some important findings have been offered.