QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

1443 opiniones

Maaz
  • Sector: Producción de alimentos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

Excellent Accounting Software and Easy to Use

Puntos a favor

The best part about this software is that how it makes processing accounting transactions very easy. It helps me in preparing monthly reconciliations and finalise my quarterly financial statements without a problem.

Desventajas

There is nothing about this software that I dont like.

Shayne
  • Sector: Comercio minorista

Program is Great - Support not so Great

Revisado el 29/6/2022

I enjoy using Quickbooks, but feel that the availability of a good alternative accounting program would make Intuit step up to the plate and improve their support after the sale. I feel that Quickbooks stands out as the leader and they really don't have any good competition.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to use. Very versatile reporting. Offers several different ways to navigate the program

Desventajas

The program is expensive and getting more expensive with every new release. Now Quickbooks has gone to being subscription based, so you will have to buy a new subscription every year. I used to just upgrade every 3 years or so. Support is outsourced to the Philippines making communication with the agent very annoying. Quickbooks acts like if you have to call support, it is because you are not smart enough to use the program. Support is expensive after a short introductory period.

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Due to being in a rural setting without super good internet, having everything stored on your own computer makes using the program much quicker.
Dianne
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Very disappointed

Revisado el 5/8/2022

I need business software for calculating what I owe for sales, state and federal taxes, as well as proof of income when applying for credit/loans. QuickBooks makes it very hard to do this in my industry.

Puntos a favor

QuickBooks is used by many people/companies, so interfacing with consultants is easier. Otgerwise, I am extremely dissatisfied.

Desventajas

Entering simple receivables and parables is hard and takes so many steps. I'd like to just type in what was received or spent, where it fits in the chart if accounts, and move on. This is impossible. The new pricing structure put in place 3 years ago increased my yearly cost by 400%. I don't use most of the services, just general ledger -- tracking what comes in and what goes out. I've never been happy with the software, but am now extremely dissatisfied. Looking for other options.

Melissa
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

One of the Best Software programs for any business

Revisado el 14/7/2022

I would say my overall experience is that it is a reliable software and a leader in accounting software.

Puntos a favor

I love the fact there are many options for customers. There are features that can be turned on or off. There are parts that you can customize and tailor specific to your business.

Desventajas

Sometimes there can be a learning curve for newbies or if there is a function you rarely use. However, there are ways to contact help and there is a lot of resources available for assistance or troubleshooting.

Peach Software

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I used quickbooks in another job years prior for only AP and it never gave me any issues.
Kathy
  • Sector: Comercio minorista

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

QuickBooks rules the accounting universe

Puntos a favor

I like the fact it's a double-entry bookkeeping system The feature I like most is the cost accounting. I can price out anything I make using the pieces and parts listed in my inventory. I couldn't function without this feature. I know my sales, I can do my Xmas projections, calculate my overhead, and determine which products are selling and doing well.

Desventajas

QB is a double-entry system, and nonbookkeepers don't "get it". It's not the easiest to learn to use. It does many things. I can't create catalogs using this software because I can't enter product pix in the version I use. They are quick to sell you another solution.

Xero

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quickbooks has 80% or more of the market, many bookkeeping and accounting services have staff trained on how to use the software. I know I can find someone who knows and understands my software.
Lynn
  • Sector: Servicios jurídicos

Great for Tracking Expenses

Revisado el 24/6/2022

I am very happy with Quickbooks Desktop Pro. I am able to balance my accounts easily, print professional looking checks, keep track of expenses, search for specific transactions in various ways, print reports that show my income, net income and expenses for keeping track of my business and preparing income tax returns. I really rely on this program for all of my bookkeeping and tax preparation needs.

Puntos a favor

I primarily use Quickbooks as a checkbook for writing checks, recording deposits, and keep track of my accounts. I also rely on it heavily for tax preparation by running reports that show all categories of expenses for taking income tax deductions.

Desventajas

The version of Quickbooks Pro (2015) that I continue to use is outdated and is no longer supported by Intuit. I worry that I will encounter an error at some point that the company will not be able to assist with, which could be devastating to my bookkeeping and tax information. I chose not to update because I believe that everything is now subscription based, and I did not want to take on the ongoing expense when the program version I am using does everything I want it to do.

Grant

Streamlined Accounting Software

Revisado el 14/7/2022

This is a great option for accounting software, especially for accountants to manage. There is a lot of customization if you have the time to spend learning the more advanced features and functionality that it can offer. I have helped many clients switch to this software from other accounting systems and would highly recommend it, although I worry about the future of their billing practices.

Puntos a favor

- Great control over your books
- Lots of flexibility if you have time to learn advanced features
- Great look and design

Desventajas

- Somewhat of a learning curve
- Annual billing
- Requires access from a physical computer (no remote work)

Elizabeth

Revisado el 21/7/2022

Puntos a favor

Easy to use. Answers to how to do something if I can't figure it our are found with a quick Google search.

Desventajas

It is going to an annual subscription model. I don't use most of the funcationality and am annoyed I have to pay every year for updated features that I don't use.

Attiq
  • Sector: Administración educativa

All What I Need

Revisado el 28/7/2022

Puntos a favor

Easy to use , Saves time, one can generate and customize report easily.

Desventajas

Less number of reports are available, limited number of user.

• Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Quick Books Desktop The Ideal Accounting Software

Revisado el 7/7/2022

It's a software to trust and try for those haven't used it. It has organized modules. It's very Popular software amongst accountants' community at large.

Puntos a favor

Versatility and user friendly at all time.

Desventajas

Interface Design. There's a room for graphic design improvement.

Bill
  • Sector: Software informático

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

A solid solution for small business accounting, if you can get past some of the issues

Revisado el 12/5/2022

We are a small business that has had 3-4 users with QuickBooks Pro since 1997, adding Payroll in the early 2000s. Several years back, they changed licensing and started preventing us from getting the 4 users that we needed. In order to get past this, I had to jump through hoops via an annual phone marathon, speaking to multiple (usually 4-5 tech reps) to get the licenses updated and sorted out. This year, they forced us to move to the next level up, which they promised would eliminate this -- but now they charge us $2.20 monthly per employee for Payroll, which we had already paid for in the previous package. It just seems that they want to nickle and die you to death, and their support people are not always that helpful when problems arise.

So why do I stay? Simply put, the software works, and it works quite well. Our 4-node network has had no problems keeping up with the size of the data, and our system still contains all of the data since 1997 -- and it performs perfectly. (Some reports can be slow from time to time, but only if you are running "All-time sales" reports or similar that have to look at lots of data. Otherwise, the system simply screams and does exactly what it needs to do. Our automation interfaces (using QODBC and simple VBScript scripts) reduce the workload for invoicing considerably, eliminating the need to hire another full-time position -- so it is still a worthwhile aggravation.

Puntos a favor

We have been using QuickBooks since 1997, and the product has certainly changed over the years, but it has remained very intuitive to learn and use over all of this time. More importantly, we have been able to automate large portions of our business using scripting and QODBC (which is a separate add-on that REALLY should be included) to streamline order processing and fulfillment.

Desventajas

The biggest downsides are stupid things within the user interface. Intuit likes to add advertising for upgrades right into the main menu bar. This breaks automation scripts relying on mouse clicks. Even if you remove the button again manually, it re-appears with the next system update, breaking your automation again. The other thing they do is present pop-ups on our database server via modal dialog boxes, further breaking the automation until someone actually logs onto the server and clicks OK to close the dialog box.

Tara

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

By far the superior bookkeeping software

Revisado el 15/11/2021

Customer service is terrible, but that is the same for all of Intuit. It is a shame because 20 years ago they were #1 in customer service and now they're at the bottom. However, I will never use any bookkeeping product other than Quickbooks Desktop in my office. No other program can even come close in functionality. No other program has the same ease of use. That being said, I don't recommend it for just anyone. If you do not know how to do bookkeeping or don't have a propensity for it, don't buy Quickbooks desktop or Quickbooks online and assume you can do your business bookkeeping. Consult with a professional.

Puntos a favor

The general ledger is my favorite. I will not use software that I can not make general ledger journal entries in. I love the tax tracking. It has the best tracking of payroll and sales taxes if it is properly set up. And adjustments can be made if necessary - which in my state is every quarter.

Desventajas

I do not like that we now have to log-in with an "intuit ID." I bought desktop software because I want to use it on my desktop. I do not want all of my software connected to the internet all of the time. I do not want my client accounts connected to my intuit ID and I do not want them to have to have their own intuit ID accounts. They aren't using the software, I am. They aren't doing the bookkeeping and payroll, I am. And if Intuit's servers are down or if the internet is down and I can't log in, well then I can't work and that doesn't work for me.

Wave Accounting, Xero y QuickBooks Online Accountant

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quite simply, it is the best and it is designed for bookkeepers and accountants.
Brenton

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

QuickBooks Desktop is Fast, Customizable and Easy. Best of the Best.

Revisado el 16/9/2021

Puntos a favor

Accounts payable is amazing. From tracking bills to writing checks to entering vendors. So easy. It also helps to make sure your 1099's are correct and in place for year end. Printing checks is a piece of cake and consistently easy!
Accounts receivable is awesome. Whether you are tracking tenants or customers, they can be easily set up.
Weekly, Monthly and Year End reporting can be done in a click of a 3 buttons, seriously. 3 Buttons pulls up your common report batches. Then you can print, save and email them.

Desventajas

When sending reports by pdf, I'd like to preview them first and adjust how they appear. Sometimes they can appear all wonky and not clean. The work around is to print to pdf. Then you can do it, just one extra step though.

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I'll attach what I posted above... The questions most people have is QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. As a bookkeeper with multiple clients, it's a no brainer for me, QuickBooks Desktop!!! I refuse to work with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Desktop is lightning fast. There are numerous shortcuts with the keyboard that help process the daily routines. With being online, those keyboard shortcuts go away and now you have no move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse. It may not seem like much, but it's huge. The reporting features in QuickBooks Desktop are superior too. Yeah, your customer may not be able to have 24/7 access to their books, but if you're doing your job properly and getting them timely reports, most shouldn't need that.
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Quickbooks Desktop Pro- A Powerful Accounting Software

Revisado el 20/6/2021

It provides the ability to easily customize customers' data, invoices, and reports. It integrates well with third-party applications. Exporting transactions from the bank and importing them into the software makes monthly reconciliation easy. Auditing the books is easy as there is a chronological tracking of transactions affecting each item. Whereas Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful, affordable software with great features and is less costly to run, we had to switch to Quickbooks online which is cloud-based, has more automation and integrations with third-party applications. Quickbooks Online is also more user-friendly.
In my experience, choosing between Quickbooks Desktop Pro and Quickbooks Online is more about the organization's preferences and needs, and less about which one is better than the other.

Puntos a favor

It is powerful accounting software that is ideal for well-established organizations that have been in business for a while. It is great for bookkeeping and very helpful when it comes to filing taxes at the end of the financial year. It does not require frequent upgrades unless there are changes that affect a specific feature. It is great for generating various reports, setting up recurring invoices, and processing payroll.

Desventajas

It has a steep learning curve in the initial stages and requires some accounting knowledge. It is locally installed, therefore, inaccessible while on the move, and if you choose to have it hosted virtually, that comes at an additional cost.
Customer support isn't as great as we expected and issues take very long to resolve.

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

A number of accountants highly recommended it.
Johnny
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Very Functional, but Complicated; With Irritating Pop Up Ads

Revisado el 14/5/2021

Overall it's positive, and the software is very powerful. Even after two years (and a degree is computer science), I am still learning things with it. The bank export to QuickBoosk import feature most banks offer has saved me many hours of time doing monthly accounting, that alone makes it work it. The pop up ads on start up (which slow down my PC even more than the software otherwise would) are very very frustrating.

Puntos a favor

This software is very full featured. I use it for a few businesses; residential and storage unit rentals. The software has can do most everything that you would want it to do for this type of business. There's great features for setting up recurring invoices for tenants, generating all types of reports to track how your rentals are performing, and the PayRoll add on is very helpful for paying employees and dealing with quarterly and annual taxes. One very huge pro is that most banks allow you to export transactions from the bank website software into QuickBooks format, and then you can import them into QB. This saves me tons of time as I have many transactions related to the self storage business, and it makes monthly account reconciliation much much easier.

Desventajas

There's a steep learning curve here. Many of the features and options are not intuitive at all (ironic since the company that owns this software is named Intuit). I used simple spreadsheets before this, I'm very computer oriented, and I still don't use many of the features available in this software after a few years. I switched at the recommendation of my accountant, and a steep discount in my annual tax preparation costs. There's just so much to learn here! There are tons of web tutorials available to learn things, but you have to be aware of a feature in order to know that you can use it. If you have someone that can show you the ropes, or you're willing to dig in and learn, then I recommend this software. The only major complaint that I have about it is the pop up advertisements. When you start the software, you frequently get pop up ads. This is super irritating, and it doesn't seem to matter if you click the 'Don't show this again' button. I've already bought your software, STOP SPAMMING ME!

Gary
  • Sector: Vino y licores

Good, but...

Revisado el 29/4/2021

I have used QuickBooks for two decades and for eight years in my current position. It fully meets our needs for day to day accounting, preparing reports for our Board and for processing payroll. However, their support is very poor and reaching a human being is incredibly frustrating.

Puntos a favor

QuickBooks Desktop is a powerful accounting package that offers good value for the cost. It has a lot of features that can address most of the needs of a small business.

Desventajas

QuickBooks will let an inexperienced user do just about anything they want which can result in a real mess if you're an accountant trying the prepare financial statements or tax returns. But with some training from an experienced accountant/user, a lot of the day to day accounting can be accomplished by a relatively inexperienced person. Some supervision is advised.

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks is somewhat less expensive and is easier for inexperienced users to master. Peachtree is a wonderful piece of software, but has a more traditional and rigid accounting driven process. QuickBooks Online is expensive and lacks some of the features of the Desktop version.
Rhiannon
  • Sector: Música

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great product, support is lacking

Revisado el 7/1/2021

It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Puntos a favor

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn.
I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

Desventajas

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.)
They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating.
The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive.
Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times.
The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it?
Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Quicken

Razones para elegir QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I needed inventory tracking and auto currency features.

Software anterior

Microsoft Excel

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quicken didn't have the multi-currency functionality I need.
Michael
  • Sector: Música

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

My 2nd Try At a Bookkeeping Software

Revisado el 20/11/2020

I didn't need a Bookkeeping program, I had a business account, deposited all my receipts from the business into that account. I paid all my business bills from that account. The BANK did my books! We moved back to Wisconsin in '98 where I had to collect sales tax. So I got a Bookkeeping program to keep track of my sales tax.

Puntos a favor

It did what I needed it to do, kept track of my sales tax for the State and up to 8 Counties I serve. Due to it being installed on my desktop it was programed with the tax regulations for my state of Wisconsin. When it's time to file the sales tax you have to have the complete sales for the year and the complete sales number of non-taxable sales. QB Desktop Pro always had those numbers ready for me.

Desventajas

I had no one to teach me, I was figuring it out as I went along, so I didn't get some of the vendors put in correctly at first. I had to re-work parts of it for income tax time and I never did figure out how to connect my bank.

Alan
  • Sector: Hostelería
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

The investment is worth the time and convience

Revisado el 27/10/2020

Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

Puntos a favor

The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Desventajas

The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

Xero

Razones para elegir QuickBooks Desktop Pro

It was okay but it lacked in features that QuickBooks had that wave didn't.

Software anterior

Wave Accounting

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks is a big name already and I've been recommended by colleagues to use overall I'm very satisfied my complaints are very minor about it. I wouldn't switch
Annette
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

QuickBooks for the Small Nonprofit Organization

Revisado el 9/10/2020

The program itself is excellent as seen from its popularity. My greatest need has been customer service technical support. I have been using QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Over this time I have been very happy with the improvement of their support. Depending on the level program chosen, there are varying degrees of support. I think this is the most important part of a program as complex as this. I am also very happy with the way payroll handles all the procedures automatically and that they build in the new legislation and regulations from all the states so the user is sure about what they are doing.

Puntos a favor

QuickBooks has a sufficiently wide variety of products/service agreements to satisfy the needs of small nonprofits. I find that the service has improved greatly over the years. The customer service people are extremely able to solve problems or explain processes. Also, since the user can choose between accrual and cash based accounting, small organizations can choose the system the best satisfies their particular circumstances. The payroll package is separate, so the customer can choose whether or not to do their own payroll or have someone else do it. The payment of payroll taxes is well supported and easy to use.

Desventajas

Because this software is so professional, there can be a steep learning curve for those without accounting or bookkeeping experience. It would be advisable for the new user to become familiar with entry level bookkeeping at least. QuickBooks also recommends that new users locate a current user to serve as a mentor. There are specially trained users who serve this role.

Easiest accounting software I've used

Revisado el 1/3/2019

Puntos a favor

I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Desventajas

The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

Respuesta de Intuit Traducir a español

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done.

In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates.

In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Mike
  • Sector: Construcción

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization

Revisado el 7/6/2017

Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

Puntos a favor

My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Desventajas

Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs.
You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees).
Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

Zandi
  • Sector: Construcción

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Quickbooks....I Use It To Run My Company.

Revisado el 12/4/2017

Overall the best small business accounting software I have found. I would recommend it over all other products. I have used it for the past seven years and I do not hesitate to dump software that does not perform. I own and operate a smallish construction company and will likely someday need to step up to one of the big boy software packages, but until then, it serves me well.
You can get this accounting software to do just about anything you need it to with enough time and know how.

Puntos a favor

The software is stable with very few glitches and crashes. I have never lost any significant amount of data in 7 years. It produces reports and printed materials that are widely accepted and you can get checks and other forms compatible with ease. It networks well and with a fair amount of simplicity even with several users. The Contractor Premier does a decent job of job costing if you set it up properly. You can customize all reports, invoices, statement, etc. to meet your needs and promote the branding of your company. Payroll add on service is excellent and has kept us dead on with all payroll related responsibilities.

Desventajas

You get out what you put in. As with all software, you must know what you are doing to operate it successfully. I am very computer savvy and have a lot of experience with the proficient use of multiple advanced software programs so I thought I could just open a file and get going. Nope. Quickbooks does not work well out of the box, you will need to invest some time in getting it set up for you and your business. The cost of upgrades is unavoidable so be ready. You will need to upgrade every year to get the software support from Intuit and every time you add a seat on your license. There is no way around it that works and I have tried. There are a million secondary dealers of quickbooks, so called quickbook professionals and they have been certified by Quickbooks to use their branding and resell the software program and related support services which make purchase and support confusing and sometimes dangerous.

Cathryn
  • Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!

Revisado el 6/12/2019

My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

Puntos a favor

I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Desventajas

Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are:
1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit).
2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

Deltek Costpoint

Razones para cambiar a QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We chose QB for its ease of use and its cost.
Jillian

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Quickbooks Desktop Pro makes bookkeeping a cinch!

Revisado el 5/12/2019

I am winning at bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop Pro, what more can I say?

Puntos a favor

Quickbooks Desktop Pro allows me to be a great bookkeeper! Isn't that worth it's monetary investment right there!? I am able to input bills/pay bills, deposits, bank reconciliations and run reports all in the same platform. I even order our checks through the software and it reminds me when we are getting low. Also, I love that I can set reminders for monthly tasks and bills that need to be taken care of without worrying about forgetting. It's tracking it all for me and I just take care of it when the reminder pops up. Now I don't have the bank account connected and that is a personal preference but it is an available feature and it has it's benefits. You can also complete invoicing and payroll through Quickbooks desktop but we already had other means to complete those tasks. I can't recommend it enough, you won't regret the investment.

Desventajas

The only con I have about Quickbooks Desktop Pro is that going from the online version and converting to desktop is not clean. I've yet to get an import that wasn't missing something. I hope this is something Intuit will improve on in the future. But if you don't have to go back and forth then it's not an issue. I only have one client that this a bother for, other than that I keep everything on the desktop version.