Opiniones de SimplyCast

SimplyCast

Customer communication suite for inbound marketing, marketing automation and multi-channel communication

3.1/5 (16 opiniones)
Bandorah M.
Traducir con Google

The best marketing software we ever you used, have been using the software for over 5 years now.

Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 30/7/2017
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

Love it and I highly recommend the software.

Puntos a favor

The software has over 20 apps built-in and the opportunity to increase the business with this type of software has been great. We used the system for over five years and have been very happy with it. The system has all the capabilities we need and it helped us consolidate our spending from six different vendors and this was great as we didn't have much staff and it reduced our spending by over 40%.

Puntos en contra

The software has many features, and we needed to invest the time to explore all of the capabilities. So overall, once we learned the software we were able to take advantage of automation capabilities and this has helped us a lot. My recommendation is spend the time to learn it, otherwise, you will under utilize it.

Ian M.

Simply Awful!

Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 16/2/2017
Fuente de la reseña: SoftwareAdvice

We used Simplycast for around 4 years and it was torture from start to finish. Firstly the interface is clumsy and clunky. even when you do manage to work around the frequent screw ups it produces, it often just junks your entire email campaign with no way to recover it. You can spend hours trying to figure out ways of getting the GUI to actually render something that approaches what you're trying to achieve and then you find out after testing that it simply doesn't work. On other occasions you'd make one small change to a layout and it would break everything else you'd spent hours trying to get right.

On one occasion I discovered that the email we'd composed missed out huge chunks when sent to an Outlook mail client. I contacted support to be blithely told that their system doesn't support Outlook, even though it's the single most popular email client on the planet!

The final straw was when I scheduled an important campaign to run a week or so before Black Friday. After realizing it hadn't gone out I again contacted support to be told they were having 'issues' (a familiar story from Simplycast). Not only had the campaign not gone out, it was stuck in their mail queue meaning I couldn't send anything else out. After several days of this, we gave up and signed up with a different company.

After explaining all this to their support guy he offered to refund us back the outstanding credits on the account. Another 3 months went by and we never received the refund or even any contact from them. When I called them I'd get another litany of excuses about the finance department having 'issues'. Finally, I was told they'd basically changed their minds and weren't going to give us the refund after all. Although they never bothered to tell me any of this as they were apparently not able to email or call me. That's from a company who are supposed to be communications experts.

The only reason we had such a large credit on the account was that their pricing information was misleading in the first place which led to us racking up huge bills on an account we rarely used. They offered a 'roll over' service on unused credits for an extra $ a month. But somehow this meant we still paid for the rolled over credits every month. A small bill of around $16 a month ballooned to around $ a month before we realised what was happening. After complaining they agreed to convert the outstanding credits to pre-paid and we assumed we'd eventually use them up. But as each email campaign was so difficult to launch we rarely bothered. The $ refund wasn't even close to what we'd lost during this fiasco but it was a historical debt so I accepted the offer as a good will gesture. Although ultimatley even that was screwed up!

The whole experience with Simplycast is appalling from beginning to end. From their terrible system, to their laughable customer care department. We moved to another service and it's like night and day. Everything works, it takes around and hour to set up and test a campaign (as opposed to a couple of days with Simplycast) and we're also seeing massive increases in our opening ratios. Something like 10-12% as opposed to 3-5% with Simplycast. So its not just an awful experience for you as the user, your customers don't see half of the messages you pay for anyway!

Basically avoid them like the plague and check out one of the plethora of much better run and much more responsive services out there.

Puntos en contra

Difficult to say which is worse - the waste of money or the waste of time. If I could have given them zeros stars I would.

Mark D.

A great All-In-One Marketing Solution

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 1/8/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

When I ran my first email campaign I was able to see live metrics as people were opening mail messages. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm really excited to use the new teleconference tool for a meeting with around 60 people!

Puntos a favor

There is much bang for buck with a SimplyCast subscription. I use it to automate Twitter and Facebook for a couple of side projects I'm on. The email creator tool is great as well. There are templates to get you going but I'm creative and am able to create my own templates which I think is pretty slick. I've found customer support to be pretty great. Support sits across the room from the development team meaning my suggestions have a better chance of becoming a reality.

One cool thing about this company that through some research sets them apart from everyone else is that they built their software from the ground up instead of buying up smaller companies like much of their competition. This makes new features fit together better not to mention easier to troubleshoot and support.

Puntos en contra

I find there is a lot of save prompts, but I guess that is a good thing. The canvas for the 360 editor would be nice if you could zoom into it.

Valerio P.
Traducir con Google

Difficult to use, not so friendly

Revisado el 12/2/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

It was not a good experience. There are other simpler tools that do the same job. Simplycast has a great idea but I think it needs to work more on its interface and improve the reliability of the tool.

Puntos a favor

Like other automation software, it allows you to organize marketing tasks based on the interests of your customers. Offer a free plan.

Puntos en contra

I think that the cons of this tool start because it is not so easy to organize the automated flows. The tool looks rough and sometimes it is very difficult to use. Help is also required to start since it is not so intuitive.

Several of the messages were not delivered due to errors.

3.0/10
Jon benn

Simplcast support is hopeless

Revisado el 20/3/2013
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

Simplycast is supposed to offer 2000 contacts per month for free. But when trying this offer in March 2013 I setup 2 email campaigns to be sent using a total of 1650 contacts between them.

The first campaign was sent but the second was held back with an error status. When contacting support their response was that I had exceeded the monthly quota.

I proceeded to explain to them that this was not possible as I had only used 1650 contacts in total for the 2 campaigns. They simply responded again with some blurb about how only 2000 contacts per month are allowed on my current plan and I should upgrade to send to more contacts.

Quite clearly the support staff had not read my complaint or they failed to understand the very simple mathematics of the problem. They seemed to have very little interest in the fact that their system had not worked correctly and rather than investigate the problem and offer a solution, their response was to ignore it and reply to a question that was not even asked. It is a bit like going to the shops for a pint of milk and coming back with a pot plant - completely irrelevant to the requirements.

Of course, this may not be the stupidity that on the surface it appears to be. A cynic could point out that it may not be a system error but a well designed ploy to get any users on the free plan to upgrade, at a cost, to a higher plan with more contacts.

Either way, the fact remains that a teenager could quite easily work out the mathematics of this issue and very quickly come to the conclusion that something is awry. It is quite telling that the support staff at Simplycast were unable, or unwilling, to do this and instead replied with canned responses which are, at best, of little help to anyone and, at worst, a ploy so transparent a child could see through it.

Simplcast should be avoided at all costs.

Bugs in the system
Poor support
What you see is not what you get

Mark D.

Simply Awesome

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 29/7/2017

Puntos a favor

Customer service works closely with the Dev team
Easy to use interface
Lots of video tutorials
A host of useful tools for simple automation.

Puntos en contra

There is a lot of 'saving progress" prompts, mind you I've never lost work. Wish you could zoom in the canvas.

Madeleine

Great App!

Revisado el 30/1/2014
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

I've been using SimplyCast at my office for the last month and I've only had good experiences with it. The sales team is very polite and helpful and will always get back to you. The interface in 360 is easy to use once you play around with it a little bit. One feature I really enjoy are the tutorial videos that are on the website. They are very helpful. I use SimplyCast for social media more and more and I love how it is so easy to use. The pricing is decent. My one complaint is the bugs that came out with version 8.5 but they have seemed to cleared up. If you email them they can usually get it resolved quite quickly.

Twitter and Facebook app

Awful, 0 stars if I could

Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses
Revisado el 13/12/2017

Puntos en contra

Terrible software. It took months to set up and never worked property. The customer service reps would say it was a glitch they have never seen before. I was charged every month even when it didn't work. So far, it hasn't worked for more than 24 hours. There is easy integrations for a variety of different products however they don't work.

Don g
Traducir con Google

Easy to use, friendly support staff

Revisado el 9/5/2013
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

The site works great - I was able to send almost 30,000 messages in a month to my list of customers (it was under 2,000 as they require for free accounts). Using their editor and working with their helpful support team I was able to create a nice newsletter without knowing a thing about design. I haven't checked out the other tools, but I will try SMS shortly!

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, friendly support staff, it was 100% free for me to do my email promotions, who can complain?

Puntos en contra

Not always enough documentation, sometimes the editor can be a bit slow when working on my project

Tomd

Great new version

Revisado el 15/8/2013
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

Their new version is a great improvement - much easier to use. The template builder in email is pretty foolproof much better looking all round.
Haven't had a chance to look into their 360 tool yet, but it looks pretty cool and haven't seen anything like it at any of the other automation companies.

Lots of variety - 15 or 16 channels
good template builder
Have a full white label

Puntos en contra

Some glitches on old version
broad platform so not all channels up to top performance yet

Revisor verificado
Traducir con Google

Cludgy and Bug-filled software and TERRIBLE customer service!!!

Revisado el 31/10/2014
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

I used this product for Fax Blasts, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to purchase credits to send faxes. The product estimates the cost of a fax blast and EVERY time the Actual cost vs the estimated cost is WAY off. It is generally 3-4 times the estimate! A complete rip-off. If you are sending a fax blast and your estimate shows you have enough credits to complete the job, don't assume your fax was sent. I just had a fax job that I assumed was sent and it turns out it never went out because the estimate was wrong and there weren't enough credits. The software doesn't even notify you that your fax never went out!!! On another note, the "customer care" people don't seem to have the IQ's to form a complete sentence much less help you with whatever issues your having. Don't bother with this product.

-Bad software
-Bad service
-Unreliable metrics

Michael C.

Solo valoraciones

Revisado el 14/1/2016
Jenna
Traducir con Google

Easy to use, Great and friendly support staff!

Revisado el 30/1/2014
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

I had a few difficulties at the beginning but called them and had very helpful and friendly staff help me through it. They have since updated the software and it is even more user friendly so I don't think I would have ever encountered those problems in the first place. 100% recommend it! Fast, and efficient! Sent voice calls, automated tweets and sent SMS alerts to over 25,000

User friendly
Affordable
Friendly staff

Peter

Horrible service!

Revisado el 26/3/2013
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

I've used them few times but the experience is pretty bad. Their system is very user unfriendly, things don't work, editor is crap and slow, very unintuitive. I sent 2 campaigns but the delivery rate was terrible and they seem to have some bugs with displaying statistics. After 3rd test campaign and my feedback about their bad service they simply terminated my account! AVOID!

nothing!

everything!

Revisor verificado

Stay away

Revisado el 18/11/2014
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

Terrible software and the support is worse. There are too many providers out there to settle for this type of buggy software and people who just don't care. Very poor open rates - you would be much better off spending a few dollars more to get your emails read.

Puntos a favor

Price, but no one sees your emails. So no pros

Waste of $500 a month.

Joe

Stay away

Revisado el 25/6/2013
Fuente de la reseña: GetApp

The service is horrible. Open rates are terrible and customer service is never around.

AVOID!

NONE

Puntos en contra

Everything about their system.