Essential Studio

Paquete de desarrollo de interfaz de usuario para .NET, Xamarin, JavaScript y Angular

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

345 opiniones

Jose
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis

Essential Studio

Revisado el 21/12/2020

tiempos de desarrollo muy buenos

Puntos a favor

Es un producto fácil de utilizar, y se adapta rápido a los proyectos que estamos desarrollando

Desventajas

el tiempo de respuesta de los Bug, que se basen a los votos para atenderlos.

Ray

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Complete, robust, fully functional web UI

Revisado el 18/4/2020

Overall it's a great product. It does everything Telerik Kendo does but is cheaper and therefore a better value.

Puntos a favor

The Syncfusion Grid component is as good or better than any other on the market. It has every feature you could want: paging, sorting, filtering, sizing and reordering columns, exporting to PDF, CSV, or Excel. And they have just about every other rich web component you think of: Calendar, sortable list, embedded rich text/HTML editor, charts, maps, you name it. And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications. And also includes Xam

Desventajas

Although they have extensive documentation, they so many components that do so many things, that not every feature has specific programming examples, so you sometimes have to figure things out through trail and error. And although the MVC components all have tons of methods and parameters you sometimes have to write JavaScript to make it work the way you want. So you need to be a strong programmer.

Lucas

Great Product

Revisado el 10/3/2021

Overall it's been great. As my familiarity with the product increases, my productivity has increased dramatically, which I'm very excited about.

Puntos a favor

I love the fact that the software is usable across a broad spectrum of different technologies - Blazor, ASP.NET Core, Javascript, Flutter, etc..

Desventajas

The 'immediate' support team could do a better job, but support overall is better than it would first appear. You have to

Razones para cambiar a Essential Studio

I looked at a number of different components but I thought Syncfusion provided the best overall value compared to everyone else.
Ed

Syncfusion Rocks!

Revisado el 20/10/2022

Puntos a favor

Integration with our business processes was easy.

Desventajas

Some of the features differ from how they are entered or set within the actual application such as Excel and PowerPoint. And some of the features that I require in order to produce the desired output are not present.

Timothy

Syncfusion for the StartUp

Revisado el 23/3/2020

In addition to supporting Xamarin Forms, we are following a strict MVVM methodology and leveraging C# as much as possible across as many platforms as possible. Currently, this includes the most popular standard platforms that Xamarin Forms supports: iOS, Android, UWP. We will also be supporting Blazor (C# in browser web assembly) and one of the Syncfusion features we hope to leverage is their Blazor support. We are waiting for .NET 5 GA to leap into that part of the project, but are hopeful our good experience with Syncfusion componentson Xamarin Forms supported platforms will be matched in the Browser based client using Syncfusion Blazor components.

Puntos a favor

Our project is to build a commercial-grade, security-compliant, serverless mobile app platform using only tools that are budget-friendly for startups. Our tool-chain selection includes AWS services (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, ...), Microsoft .NET Core/Standard, Visual Studio and Xamarin. All these tools are essentially free until your app starts scaling. Syncfusion's community edition was chosen because it provides commercial-grade features and doesn't burden the entrepreneur with out-of-pocket expenses until their app is generating revenue. Finally, our experience with Syncfusion's support has been first rate.

Desventajas

Syncfusion targets many different UI presentation layers. In our case, we use Xamarin Forms which is relatively new for Syncfusion. The controls are generally solid but do require more "code-behind" work than is generally recommended in the Xamarin community. There are shops that totally refuse to allow "any" code-behind and if you are one of those you may have some issues using all of the Syncfusion controls. In our case, the limited code-behind required is not considered a barrier. In addition, the Syncfusion documentation is obviously not written by a native English speaker and as such can be amusing at times and occasionally annoying .

Ronny
  • Sector: Medios de difusión

Perfect for my needs

Revisado el 1/10/2022

I mainly use their Winforms GridControl. First steps are very easy but as soon as you are digging deeper, their online documentation (due to the massive amount of capabilities) is not sufficient and you must open a ticket with their support team. But that's not a problem because they respond in a timely fashion and have solved all my problems/questions. Overall I'm very satisfied with this product.

Puntos a favor

Due to the comprehensive Online Documentation and User Forum, the first and basic steps are easy to accomplish.

Desventajas

When updating to newer versions and/or updates it is very important that you follow the exact steps, as described in the corresponding documents. Otherwise you will end up in a situation where your app does no longer compile and run.

Jose L.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Just the best developer tools in the market

Revisado el 7/5/2020

Essential Studio is my preferred tool for user interface development. No other tool is comparable in usability and features.

Puntos a favor

Support for multiples platforms, documentation and support.

Desventajas

I've no cons in the product. It's a complete solution for UI development in several platforms like net core, angular, flutter, etc.

Razones para cambiar a Essential Studio

Platforms supported, quality of controls and documentation.
Martin
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Revisado el 22/7/2020

Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

Puntos a favor

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Desventajas

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Razones para elegir Essential Studio

This tool was not complete and we did not have the support we needed.

Razones para cambiar a Essential Studio

They had one feature that I was not able to find in Kendo UI and this was the Mindmap.
Zoran
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Syncfusion Blazor

Revisado el 15/4/2020

Transition my Visual Basic 60 LIS software to Web application.

Puntos a favor

I have invested Grid control, in WebAssembly configuration, using EF core. It works fine.
Support is very prompt and good.

Desventajas

In some cases, events handler, Data Manager of UI controls are black boxes without more details.

Amos
  • Sector: Servicios financieros

review

Revisado el 25/4/2020

Very intriguing but sometimes a bit frustrating because of the small details you miss when implementing things.

Puntos a favor

Diversified features of the grid - has almost everything I needed from a grid.

Desventajas

Learning curve is steep as there are a lot of small tweaks one should know in order to achieve something.

lloyd
  • Sector: Servicios de información
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

One of the best out there if not the best .

Revisado el 10/10/2022

its a great product

Puntos a favor

best thing about this product is they have all the controls you need . in all different platforms and all your apps have a similar look and feel which is great not to mention all controls have everything you need

Desventajas

with wpf i had some issues with referencing on the xaml side ,

Craig

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

One of the first companies to give entrepreneurial Software Developers a break.

Revisado el 11/8/2020

A great thing about the Syncfusion components is that they work in Xamarin. I can create mobile apps without changes. Xamarin did not generate a Windows app that I liked, so I build an app using Winforms that looks like the mobile apps. Syncfusion for Winforms allowed me to do this and share code with the mobile apps.

Puntos a favor

Six years ago, I started developing a large scale enterprise product. It required a lot of full stack development. It runs on Windows, Android and IOS. The infrastructures is all Docker containers. I am not a UI guy and didn’t have the time to build the UI components needed. Syncfusion components work well. Their generous licensing policies made using the tools possible.

Most impressive, is that I have received the same quality support as one of their paying customers. My system has architecture that I developed to solve a problem specific to my target industry. I did hit a bug that had not been seen before. Syncfusion’s support staff verified that the bug was in their code and issued a patch without argument. I can’t tell you how many times a company has told me “the software is not supposed to do that, so it’s not a bug”.

Desventajas

There are components that I found difficult to understand even after reading the doc. But it was more the task at hand then a problem with a component. For example: To use the Word functions to manipulate a Word file, you must understand how Word structures its documents. But a note to support always results in a sample. So, really there is nothing negative to say.

Daniel
  • Sector: Minería y metalurgia
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5.001-10.000 empleados

Essential Studio for WPF

Revisado el 25/7/2020

Overall experience is fantastic.

Installation is straight forward, updates are published at a timely manner.

Puntos a favor

I like the completeness and in depth features of all the controls that I use, especially the data grid control which I use extensively. The sample application and online documentation is clear and succinct.

I find that breaking down the examples by feature is great when compared to other control vendors I have seen, that simply provide a high level example and nothing to demonstrate each feature separately.

On the few occasions that I have requested support, I have always received an answer in a timely manner.

What makes the WPF suite good value is not just the number of feature rich controls, but the complete package including the documentation help and support that is available.

Desventajas

There are only two minor issues that I have with the suite of tools.

1. I get regular feedback from users that the date picker control is clunky to use. I can echo the feedback. Entering a date does not feel smooth, especially when entering the year. Hard to describe, but feel like it cycles back around to the year zero.

2. I would like it if I could customize the calendar control more. Would be great if I could easily template out the control for each date so I could use it to display what ever info I wanted in each date cell. Maybe there is a way to do this, but either way I have not been successful in being able to template out the calendar control for the requirements at the time.

Vincent
  • Sector: Administración educativa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Expensive and poor support but best available solution

Revisado el 23/7/2020

I had to rely on their support team for almost everything when it came to integrating the scheduling component into my software because the documentation was really poor. There is a lot of documentation but the problem with it is that it just doesn't explain how to use anything. You'd find a reference to the problem you're having, and the documentation tells you what this thing is supposed to do but doesn't tell you how to implement it. At times it just seemed like it was written from the perspective of somebody who already knew how to use everything and that's obviously not very useful.

The good thing is the support team is always willing to help (though I always had to wait until the next day for an answer) but the bad thing is that sometimes they didn't read my question carefully and ended up giving answers to questions I wasn't even asking. It was at times frustrating to deal with support (and I think the language barrier might've been the issue), but credit to them they were always polite and willing to help. I just wish I didn't need to call on them for everything.

They also have a support chat and a few times I had a good guy who was able to be helpful, but other times the person answering the chat was almost useless, redirecting me to tier 2 support for even simple things. One guy even told me "Chat support is only a triage. We don't actually help you."

Puntos a favor

I got Syncfusion primarily for the scheduler component and having looked at other options, this was the best front end solution I could find for my software. It's not perfect, but it's very good in terms of functionality and user interface. I think my clients will enjoy using this scheduler.

Desventajas

It's a bit awkward to implement and the documentation is very poor. As for the scheduler, it comes with built in popup windows for creating and modifying events, but trying to get their styling to match my own was a nightmare because they did not use the same classes for every window, and not even the same classes for every button. It was surprising how inconsistent they were with their styling and that made it impossible to create consistent spacing and styling to match the rest of my system, so I ended up blocking all the popups and creating my own but this also was not easy or obvious. I had to contact support several times just to figure out how to use my own popups.

Andrew
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Xamarin UI controls

Revisado el 17/4/2020

I’ve used the Syncfusion controls when I worked at other companies so I knew what I was getting into. I felt very confident in the controls, ease of integration and quality of the technical support team. By using these controls I’ve been able to get my apps out the door much faster than before.

Puntos a favor

Integration is a breeze. The software is well designed and is rock solid. One of the best additions to the software are two apps you can download, Syncfusion Controls Explorer and Essential UI kit. The Controls explorer does a great job of showcasing various controls and illustrating different ways the control can be used. The other app, Essential UI Kit provides me with both a jumpstart for getting certain screens up and running but also a real work example of how the controls can be used. As an independent developer, I don’t have the luxury of hiring a full-time designer nor the flexibility of time to see how the control works. These controls allow me the ability to get my app up and running faster than before.

Desventajas

The grid control still needs work. It’s great for presenting data, but if you’re looking for more flexibility when entering values directly within the grid, you’ll be disappointed. The richness of options available to you just isn’t there.

Knowledgebase on the website needs work. You can drill down to a specific control, say, Xamarin.Forms -> SfDataGrid however if I search for "Initialize" it searches the entire product line. Really frustrating and makes the feature rather useless.

Usuario verificado

Superb Support! Practical stuff microsoft left out Good C# Library

Revisado el 3/3/2020

Good Sf DataGrid, great column types that do most of the validation I need without a lot of coding
And really,really,really good support. They just answer my questions in a day with a code snippet that they have written.
The XLSIO lib's which read/write pdf, microsoft office files are also excellent. Minor issue with them is that they hold on to File's a bit too long as mentioned in the con's easy workaround give XLSIO calls C# FileStreams whenever possible...the XLSIO save and saveas functions work fine...

Good Grid
Great PDF read/write , Excel read/write much better, faster and more reliable than microsoft stuff
Support is just outstanding; Send in a request and they both answer the questions and frequently write the code snippet for you...wow!
Excellent Code Samples, Be sure and use the Code demo/sample browser for Windows..good stuff

Desventajas

If it takes more then 10 or 15 minutes to understand where to find a particular feature or functionality just send the question to Support. Documentation is mediocre and not nearly as good as Microsoft. Some things that should be exposed in properties and instead implemented via event handlers.

Still much less work using Syncfusion tools then coding in Microsoft GUI widgets

Grid by default does not look like MIcrosoft Access for insert/delete records but that may just be my particular needs

4 grid products of which 2 are kept to update and recommended. I used SfDataGrid

Sometimes you have to reach out to support or documenation to get syntax for a "foreach" loop as opposed to Microsoft Tools where it's easy to do it.

For my usages and applications, SfDataGrid is not feasible to use Visual Code Generator on unbound columns

Syncfusion XLSIO tools to read/write Microsoft Office files and PDF's likes to hold onto File Locks a little too long... So easy fix is to always pass in C# FileStream type or MemoryStream done via Using (FileStream)

I recommend using Tools->Nuget Package Manager->Package Manger Console because searching for Syncfusion packages to install via browse function in Visual Studio 2019 returns too many matches and takes too long to do.

That's both a pro and con; Pro that they use Nuget to install part's of the library of tools...and Con which is not really their fault that browse search for nuget is not very good at searching (Microsoft design issue?)

Usuario verificado
  • Sector: Servicios
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Html->Pdf Converter works well mostly, but could be easier to use for the cost

Revisado el 11/3/2021

Support could have been better - we encountered a critical bug (which was fixed quickly by the developers, no issue there) and we got from support a windows nuget package without native binaries (because the support portal can't upload > 50mb files apparently) in them, which we decided to repackage to linux (which is the platform we reported the bug on) and add the native binaries binaries - the version was also identical to a live version on nuget.org so we had to change that in the repackage to avoid conflicts too. The suggestion was to "Manually reference the dlls" which is a bit mad considering the effort already sunk into locating the native binaries originating from the nuget package, and the lack of transistive resolution etc...

Puntos a favor

It works, renders html correctly enough.

Desventajas

Non-platform independence for devops - requires package installation on deployment targets. Also requires manual setting of path to syncfusion binaries (that are in the nuget package!) at runtime.

Extra package e.g. Syncfusion.HtmlToPdf.Blink.Static.Linux could be created with a static compile to eliminate system dependencies and manage CVEs etc.

The code (which we have had to write ourselves) to locate the native binaries originating from the nuget package should be inside the syncfusion lib - there should be no argument to their path.

Also, while it might bloat the package, nuget supports separate native binaries per runtime [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which would enable to create a single platform-independant nuget package - this would really lower the difficulty - especially in places like dotnet-script where you have no csproj to change the PackageReferences depending on the runtime!

Gary
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great software especially for small outfits

Revisado el 18/5/2020

Overall, I like the product but it can be frustrating at times when I come across a new "oddball" requirement that I need to ask of the product and trying to figure out the best way to make it do what I want.

Puntos a favor

It's free for small outfits - seriously though, the community edition is really useful for myself who is a small sole trader and allows me to create powerful and capable web sites easily.
There is a lot of powerful functionality "out of the box", I especially like the functionality built into the Grid components and dropdown / combo boxes are handled the way I expect them to be with little coding required for normal situations.
Their community support is very good, I have used them about 3 or 4 times and each time they have responded within a day or two with both a written solution and normally a working example that I can download and examine

Desventajas

One of the big issues I have is, for me, the lack of clear documentation. This is especially true when you go "off the beaten track" to try something different and it can be a headache to determine the best way to go about achieving the result (e.g. on a grid, what events fire when with what arguments). However, the support people have been good at coming up with solutions when I draw a blank.
As the product covers different environments (asp.net core, JS, MVC, Angular etc) and there are different versions (ej1, ej2 etc) it can be a bit difficult navigating through previously answered questions and applying them to my environment (in the main I use asp.net core).

Solomon

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Syncfusion controls are essential to my applications

Revisado el 1/4/2021

Overall, I could not produce the quality and usability I have in my apps, without Syncfusion Essential Studio.
Support, when needed, has been excellent

Puntos a favor

Syncfusion controls add style and features to my app that would be prohibitively time consuming (if not impossible) for me to code on my own.
My app makes extensive use if Radial Menus, Photo Editor, PDF Viewer and many many other controls.
They are simple to use and work consistently well on all supported platforms. My app runs on iOS, Android and UWP and providing a consistent and rich interface across devices is essential.

Desventajas

Given the complexity of supporting multiple environments, I have occasionally run into stability issues with new releases. The occurrences have been rare and Syncfusion support has always come through.

Anthony

World Class Tools for Developing World Class Apps

Revisado el 18/6/2021

I am the CEO and Sr. Developer of my own company and since we generate < million annually in revenue we qualified for a free license (Awesome!). However, I also work for a corporation and was able to acquire a paid ES license because the tools had very much become a valuable part of our application development team.

Puntos a favor

Great set of Tools! But equally important I would say is the stellar support that you receive. ES also has a huge community so I've rarely had to reach out for support as there is usually documentation on whatever issue I am currently having already.

However I have been amazed that such a Enterprise Level company has a support team that actually gets back to you in a day or two with either code examples or a resolution! In my whole development career of over 15 years, I've never seen that level of dedicated support! Not from Microsoft, Google( Does Google even do support?) or any third party tool.

Desventajas

Integration into projects isn't bad... I just wish it was a little more streamlined especially into Visual Studio. I ended up going with the Nuget Package installation because the other proved to be buggy and problematic.

David
  • Sector: Automatización industrial

SyncFusion Blazor Components Review

Revisado el 30/7/2020

I really like the product suite. I find that I can do almost everything I need to do using their out-of-box experience.

Puntos a favor

I like having the large number of components in the bundle as it reduces the number of third party components I need to complete my projects. I also like how rapidly SyncFusion rolls out updates to their products and the quality and speed of response of their technical support.

Desventajas

I am not sure if this is SyncFusion Blazor specific or something inherent with Blazor itself, but the lack of Support for GUID in their dropdown list and other things like their event callbacks require that I change my GUIDs to string types in my models and then have to map them back to GUIDs for CRUD to the backend. Also, I really wish they had a good Step / Wizard component. I currently have to use Radzen's Step component for my WIzards and there are often CSS conflicts between Radzen and SyncFusion. If they do not add one, I will most likely have to create my own custom Step (Wizard) component before the project is finished.

Olafur

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Feature-rich easy to implement product with amazing customer support

Revisado el 2/5/2020

This products solves almost all our needs along with the standard ui and productivity components on the platforms that we deliver solutions on. We are almost entirely an angular/typescript, asp.net core and Xamarin shop. This makes our life much simpler and the less complex and we are able to deliver multi-platform solutions quickly to the customer and make our own customer service more responsive.

Desventajas

Sometimes the documentation and examples leave something to be desired but the very quick and responsive customer support more than compensates for that.

Glenniel

A Must Have for Every Software Developer

Revisado el 21/3/2021

Overall, I am very satisfied with the product and I strongly suggest that you start using it too. Before, designing the user interface consumes a lot of time. Since I started using Syncfusion, most of my time now are dedicated to coding the business logic. These translates to faster development time and spending more time with my family.

Puntos a favor

Whether you are building a website, desktop or phone applications, the tool you will probably need is already available within the library. The dashboard application also eases the development time by providing real life sample codes.

They have regular updates with new features and bug fixes. If you encounter a bug, just report it to them and expect a fix on their next update.

Desventajas

Although the software provides lots of tools and libraries, there are still some room for improvement. They counter this by having an amazing group of customer support people that are always ready to fix or offer other solutions. They will even provide you with a working code solution.

Donovan
  • Sector: Desarrollo de programas
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Syncfusion Review

Revisado el 27/10/2021

Overall, I very much enjoy the software. While there is functionality found in other software of this type but not present in Syncfusion is a bit unfortunate, I however much prefer the implementation of the Controls from Syncfusion, and implementing said missing functionality to controls is easy and very much doable. I find Syncfusion to be quite polished.

Puntos a favor

I very much liked the built in functionality with a majority of the Controls it includes. In areas where functionality was not available, but needed for development, it was easy to incorporate custom functionality into the controls through control events, and via JS if needed.

Desventajas

I feel some additional Demos or documentation is needed for some controls and their functions/features. I found myself in a few spots where I needed to do something, and based on reading the documentation I'm lead to believe it can be done, but no indication as to how. This results me in heading to user submitted questions looking for answers, and those tend to be very relevant to the Users needs. Of course this all isn't helpful with examples, but ultimately it could be called pet peeves as its functionality that not overly important but nice to haves.

Jorge

Syncfusion Essential Studio - A world class set of tools

Revisado el 18/2/2021

Until now, I see that Syncfusion controls are enough for all my development needs.

Puntos a favor

Lots of components for different platforms. It is easy to use. Tech support is world class, I usually have an answer in 24 hours, and they let you know when it is going to take longer time and provide an expected date. There is a Community version which is free but you must qualify to get it (this is the one I use). Although I have not used them, there are also Reporting, Data Science and Business Intelligence support, which I plan to test shortly.

Desventajas

Documentation can be improved with more examples. However, this is not critical.