Buddy

Una de las herramientas de CI/CD más sencillas

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

136 opiniones

Guilherme

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Makes it ridiculously easy to build and maintain complex CI/CD pipelines

Revisado el 12/12/2019

Puntos a favor

The unique and intuitive way we can interact with it. It is a complete platform that's also very simple to use, so simple that setting up any new pipeline usually takes ten minutes tops.

At our company, we use multiple Buddy actions, such as: File transferring (SFTP), performing Status Checks for CR, building and pushing Docker images, establishing containerized environment for tests and setting up K8s deployment images. And we are pretty happy with our overall experience with Buddy.

Desventajas

Price, maybe? IIRC, it's a little more expensive than alternatives but I think it's worth it in the end.

Doug

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A must-have automation tool for the non-IT professional

Revisado el 28/5/2019

Overall my experience has been absolutely amazing. I have been able to deploy multiple technology stacks to multiple different environments, integrate PHP unit testing, check my applications' up-time, all while viewing everything in a single interface. Buddy has numerous 1st-party integrations to various platforms and tools to get you started very quickly. But what I have found invaluable is the tools that are made available for developers to create/customize their own integrations via cURL or SSH.

Puntos a favor

Buddy makes automation easy for developers who are not IT administrators. Unlike that of some of the other automation platforms, the available presets and hints that each pipeline comes with allows you to develop and customize your deployments and testing with very little learning curve. I would say that I love the user-interface and user-experience the most. The visual representations and animations make the tool feel more complete and polished than some of the competitors.

Desventajas

Unfortunately I would say that I like least is the cost. As both a full-time developer and a freelance developer, Buddy can provide services to developers of all disciplines. However as a freelance developer who sometimes has to work on a pretty strict budget, some of the entry-level pricing tiers can be a bit steep on a monthly basis.

Jenkins y Bitbucket

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

I chose Buddy because of their "slick interface" and their customer service. I have had a great relationship with their customer service who are prompt and very knowledgable of their craft.
Yilmar
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Buddy is the best deployment tool

Revisado el 3/11/2022

I really love this product it makes my life easy.

Puntos a favor

I like a lot the easy way to configure projects and create pipelines to deploy my application in different environments.

Desventajas

I think they should create most documentation.

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

Usability and because it's a cloud based application and I don't need to worried about infrastructure management.
Sumith

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Best CI on Cloud platform.

Revisado el 11/12/2019

Overall its a great tool to integrate CI and since everything is connected very well, it can do magic during the complex deployment process.

Puntos a favor

Its very easy to set it up and get it going. My favourite is the UI.

Desventajas

There is no proper documentation or training videos on this tool. Though its easy to setup some part of it, sometimes its really hard to find the help and configure something custom.

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

Since its cloud based and very well presented UI. Easy to setup.
Sam
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

The underdog of CI/CD

Revisado el 17/10/2022

Fantastic product, support is top-notch. Definately wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Puntos a favor

Buddy introduces a very easy to use GUI, rather than composing the YAML file manually. I really like how you can see the progress through the steps, when running a pipeline. This also is worth its weight in gold when it comes to debugging a step or process.

Desventajas

I do feel like the paid plans could be more flexible, maybe add the ability to mix add-ons to plans. For example, adding more projects to a plan or more minutes to allowance. I am pretty frugal and don't like to pay for something if I don't have to. However this is definately worth the investment.

Naing Aung

Buddy Works as a Continuous Integration tool

Revisado el 14/10/2022

Buddy has been a huge help in our organization's engineering team by fail-safe builds.

Puntos a favor

Buddy has the most convenient CI/CD and deployment functionalities. It's web-UI based work flow builder really stands out and helps beginner mobile devs to easily use continuous integration.

Desventajas

Buddy's Pro plan doesn't really suffice for memory-hungry builds. Especially in android builds, I felt it's 3GB Ram for Pro plan isn't really close to what we need. Builds would usually fail due to memory issues, no matter how optimized the pipeline is

Razones para elegir Buddy

Pricing in Buddy was more negotiable

Bitrise
Marcus
  • Sector: Medios online

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy to use without sacrificing features

Revisado el 14/11/2022

We are currently migrating a lot of old delivery services that were missing pipeline support, and on the projects we have moved we have saved a lot of time and money when we don't have to handle merge conflicts on files that should be built on deployment anyway.

Puntos a favor

I love that it's easy to set up our pipelines, but it's also easy to understand how the pipelines are set up so teaching my colleagues on how to use this has been just as simple.

Desventajas

None at this moment, there are times when you wish an action were available but the ones I was thinking about have already been implemented.

• Sector: Seguros
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Excellent product for all size teams and companies

Revisado el 31/10/2022

Puntos a favor

The UI is incredibly easy to use, and functions flawlessly.

Desventajas

A few additional integrations with other applications would be nice/ideal.

Nikola
  • Sector: Desarrollo de programas
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Amazed at how easy it is to use AppBuddy

Revisado el 13/11/2022

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, after years of Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab and CircleCI I am amazed just how everything is accessible for a web developer. It was super easy to setup the pipeline, have easy access to logs, great speed...

Desventajas

User management could be improved. I'd like to have colleagues that are able just to view or run but not to edit.

Kent
  • Sector: Servicios financieros
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

buddy review

Revisado el 16/11/2022

Puntos a favor

ui friendly and developer like to use buddy if compared with another

Desventajas

the application is easy to use, only we need pay for each user

Daniel

Buddy Works

Revisado el 16/12/2019

It just works. With very little setup and maintenance the solution just works. Features are intuitive, controls are plenty, and the UI is beautiful. I started with the free self-hosted version, and have continued with both the cloud and self-hosted on various teams. The various price points are great for getting the entire Git workflow organized for your team.

Puntos a favor

- The filesystem access to debug builds and their artifacts
- The Dockerized containers for each action that share the filesystem
- The many ready to go actions that can be added to any pipeline
- The ability to have multiple pipelines running on a given project
- The ability to tag and organize repositories into folders

Desventajas

- Requires a lot of memory for the self-hosted variant
- Inability to use slashes to group repositories under namespaces

Travis CI y GitLab

Razones para elegir Buddy

Price and the self-hosted version.

Travis CI

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

Better UI, simpler setup, self-hosted version, price.
Oliver

Rock solid

Revisado el 9/12/2019

Buddy couldn't have come sooner for us. It has solved all of our problems and now allows us to deploy in a variety of complexities in no time at all.

Puntos a favor

- Very regular software updates, adding great new features all of the time
- Decent UI that allows us to do everything we need. YAML configuration available to those who don't want it
- Sensibly priced, self hosted option for those who want to keep it in-house
- Good integration with all of the tools we use and more

Desventajas

- We have to manually renew our LetsEncrypt SSL through the CLI tool on the server
- Hardware requirements can be a little high if using Docker, but that's more of a Docker problem than Buddy

Jenkins y Bitbucket

Razones para elegir Buddy

We were having so many issues with Deploybot. They slowed down on new features since being sold to another company, now it seems they've been left to die. We also had so many issues with stuck pipelines and web UI bugs. Sometimes the only solution would be to delete everything and start again (if it deleted properly of course, which was another bug)

DeployBot
  • Sector: Servicios financieros

CI/CD made easy

Revisado el 9/12/2019

People usually complain about paying for something they can make themselves. Buddy has freed up a lot of time for everyone in the organization by removing the technical skill and knowledge of Buddy configuration. The time saved is WORTH every penny!

Puntos a favor

The UX is so simple yet so powerful that anyone can create pipelines. Even our non-technical users understands the software and create pipelines to automate their needs from the code.

Desventajas

The cap of concurrent runs is set to 4 on self-hosted. Even though the wait time is pretty low, it's still annoying when we deploy large amount of microservices.

GitLab y Jenkins

Razones para elegir Buddy

I got tired of listening to people whine about their pipelines doesn't work like they wanted. To add new services I had to figure out what to do. Wasted a lot of time...

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

If Gitlab or Jenkins had such a nice UI/UX and customer service, I'd re-evaluate. As of now, Buddy is hands down one of the best service I've used money on.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Easy way to get a business up and running with a build tool

Revisado el 23/5/2019

Since that the javascript world started almost requiring a build process to keep up to date with the language while supporting older browsers, our company struggled to integrate this in our daily work. So we started looking for build tools for a company that hasn't used any before and many developers who didn't really knew what it was. Buddy being so easy to use and set-up helped a lot in getting the whole dev team to be comfortable with this new way of working.

It also fixed problems we had because in our previous deploy process we were unaware when a deploy failed and unable to recognize which servers were and weren't up to date. This caused all kinds of problems and even support questions for stuff that was already fixed, costing us extra time to figure out that something and what exactly went wrong.

Puntos a favor

It is very easy to get started with, intuitive. No real need to familiarize yourself with how the tooling works. We could quickly get pipelines up and running to test with and didn't need to spend much tweaking and fixing the build process. Our first intuition on how we should set it up was spot on. We could very quickly move from the initial test to using it in production.

Because of the simple look and feel of the product it was very easy to get the whole company on board, in a company that wasn't used to using build systems. Getting people familiar with the product for day to day use was very easy to do.

The initial set-up of the on-premise variant was very straight forward because they use docker. We ran a couple of commands and had it up and running in no time. Figuring out back-ups took a little more time but the customer service was great and they have updated the docs since.

Desventajas

The only con I can come up with is the price. We need to use the on-premise/enterprise version and that one is quite expensive to start with and has a hefty mark-up when you pass one of the pricing stages. The price doubles when you go from 10 to 20 or 20 to 40 users which hurts a little when you are adding your 11th or 21th person to the team.

Angel
  • Sector: Desarrollo de programas

Silver bullet for automating CI/CD

Revisado el 31/1/2020

Love the tool definitely, Github Actions is getting there, but not even close yet. 100% recommended.

Puntos a favor

The integrations is by far the best feature of Buddy. it connects you with literally everything, Amazon, Google, Github, Slack, etc, etc, etc On top of that it allows you to run literally anything in their cloud.

Desventajas

Not so much about the pricing structure, I'm paying $200 and it seems that I could get more

CircleCI y Travis CI

Razones para elegir Buddy

Buddy is easier to use and beautiful UI

Integrate with Github super easily. The UI with the integrations rocks
Josh

Indispensable tool

Puntos a favor

We used DeployBot for the longest time but we just had so many inexplicable issues and frustratingly timed downtime along with slow response times.

Buddy has wiped the floor on all of these points. It takes a much more user focussed approach to deployment, giving you all the bits and pieces needed to construct a deployment/build system exactly how you need it. The way DB dictated a build system to us previously worked OK for us, but with Buddy you can achieve the same approach and so much more (or less if needed) just by virtue of it giving you complete control over every step. If you wanted to you could use it for other kinds of automation based on repos, for example we have a repo used for running checks on a live Magento database where data issues are not entirely uncommon — this pipeline runs checks there and notifies us if it finds something wrong.

Love Buddy, and we'll never be looking back.

Desventajas

There are some minor edge case features I'd like to see, it doesn't tick every single possible box, but this is really so minor as whatever I'm referring to can be achieved somehow with thought.

Paweł

Run CI/CD without headache

Revisado el 27/5/2019

Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find. Frankly it wasn't me finding it but a friend front-end developer showed me how to use it. This means you really don't need to be an old school open source ninja or DevOps hipster to run a CI/CD for your project. Just put together the build pipeline and get running in minutes.

Puntos a favor

It's so easy to get the on premise install running. It really takes minutes to get the software configured.

Building the deployment flow, aka pipeline is very intuitive. The UI will even give you hints about next steps in the pipeline.

You want to get things more complex? No worries - tons of integrations are at your service. Starting from simple FPT/SFTP deployments, through deployment time script compilation ending with advanced pipelines that include testing, sandboxing, joining other pipelines and parallel execution.

All that wrapped in stylish and intuitive UI that lets you watch the process live. When something goes wrong it's easy to find the exact step and the relevant log messages. Everything enclosed in one view. Awesome!

From the business perspective the TCO for the Buddy is much better (lower) when compared to top CI/CD tools and even open source solutions.

Desventajas

For the standalone edition some may find Buddy a being a black box. It could be difficult to get you hands dirty on internals of the system.

If you're used to get control on every detail you may find the Buddy UI limiting you.

Raphaël
  • Sector: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Easy to Use & Beautiful UI

Revisado el 12/12/2019

Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find.

Puntos a favor

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. With a few clicks you can create a deployment pipeline easily.

There is a lot of built-in actions that connect with many services. Even if when we can't find what we need, its integration with Docker Hub is really helpful so we can setup our own custom Docker image.

As it works on docker, it is easy to install and manage.

Desventajas

User administration is sometimes confusing. When there are new users, they may not be able to access some old projects even if they have been added to the group that have access to this project and must be authorized individually.

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

Easy to install and configure, it allows us to deploy several projects with different technologies. Its intuitive interface makes administration easy and allows anyone to manage the deployment of an app. Their support is attentive and responds quickly to our problems. I recommend this product to anyone who wants an effective CD/CI solution without headaches.
Cesar

Easy deployments

Revisado el 9/12/2019

We use Buddy Works to deploy new updates of LMS-kind software to our development and production servers in real-time

Puntos a favor

This service is a beast, from the way you start configuring your pipeline from an existing repository and all the available actions to the fully specified real-time log of the executed actions, the ability to clone existing pipelines and the analytics provided and the possibility to rollback

Desventajas

The only thing that we didn't like was the quantity of projects that you can have in the free version but that doesn't justify the overall quality of the service

User-friendly implementation

TeamCity
Viatcheslav

Great product!

Revisado el 10/12/2019

Great product, I started to use it about a year ago and looking forward into new features, recommended to few friends with startup and they love it. Very nice design and many visual integrations. Had some issue with billing as I was not able to add person to company just for billing purposes. Other than that everything is great, good work!

- awesome design
- many integrations
- fast
- pipelines

Desventajas

- can not add a billing person to account

Needed pipelines support

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Automate the deployment of your application

Revisado el 9/5/2019

I use buddy for the simplest tasks like uploading GIT files to FTP without needing to configure anything on the destination server. It is very useful when you do not have SSH access or you just do not want to program complicated scripts.

Puntos a favor

Buddy offers an advanced automation experience with a basic knowledge requirement.

Thanks to its multiple integrations you can get great automations with just a few clicks.

You can create multiple pipelines to manage all the necessary processes to run your application.

Upload files to multiple servers, compile applications, send notifications, etc.

Undoubtedly Buddy is a very interesting tool to save time without having to develop large and complicated manual integrations.

Desventajas

If your pipeline does things that need a long execution time, Buddy can give a timeout and leave the task halfway.

Respuesta de Buddy Traducir a español

Hello!
We are glad to hear that you like our product. If you are facing issues with timeouts it would be best to contact our support. Knowing the full context we might provide you with a solution.

Michael
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

By far my favourite automation tool..

Revisado el 24/5/2019

As a developer diving into Ops very often I have tried a numerous amount of deployment services and methods. Buddy really stands out and really offers users a lot of value.

Currently I use both Jenkins and Buddy on a daily basis. Personally I think Buddy is much easier to use!

Puntos a favor

The user interface is really easy to understand, allowing people with different skill-sets to use it.

They have an enterprise version that you can launch effortlessly on the AWS/Google cloud market places and manage yourself, but for smaller clients you can just use the SaaS version.

On top of all the available actions, it's so easy to just pull down a docker image to do whatever you need. This opens the door to a lot of custom actions.

Desventajas

Nothing comes to mind. I've had a issue or two with the sandbox functionality but their support is really quick so nothing to complain about.

Neil

Easy to use, Empowers teams

Revisado el 23/5/2019

As mentioned in our positives, our business use case was to simply set up deployments and build pipelines without the hassle whilst also empowering our team of developers and project managers. There are obviously ways to do this on the servers but the management of this requires a lot more work and knowledge of dev ops.

Puntos a favor

The obvious positives for us about Buddy are how simple it is to use and pick up. The interface is really nice and makes everything point and click set up. We also really like how easy it is to set up users and limit them to various projects or actions. We have really been able to empower our development team even to a junior level. Last the integrations with Slack and Github have enabled us to notify the whole team when a deployment fails or succeeds.

Desventajas

If Buddy is down for maintenance (this is extremely rare and also only for a few minutes usually) it can delay our deployments waiting for it to be back up. This isn't even a complaint really but more that it's the only small negative we can think of.

Buddy review

Revisado el 13/12/2019

Puntos a favor

Flexibility. We use it to deploy anything from web apps with Vue.js, server-side applications with Laravel, WordPress and Node without any issues.

Desventajas

Lack of documentation to set up automated tests. I'd like to run unit tests with Jest, so it would be great if there was clear examples on how to do so and fail a deploy on failed tests.

Mark

The tool of tools

Revisado el 11/12/2019

Puntos a favor

I love working in my terminal, but when the UX/UI of a product is as good as this, I love working in a GUI too. The UI is completely intuitive and very fun to use.

From a functionality point of view, the system is incredible. Being able to quickly spin up very complex builds & deployments, and then tie in all sorts of notifications is a dream come true. YML is fine, but being able to tie in all these steps with a visual pipeline editor/builder, is a treat and I thoroughly enjoy using it.

Desventajas

It's expensive. It's worth every penny, but its still a lot of pennies to pay every month for a small team / freelancer. There is a free plan, but you'll quickly hit the 120 builds per month limit.