Buddy

4,8 (167)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Una de las herramientas de CI/CD más sencillas

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

167 opiniones

Guilherme
Guilherme
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Makes it ridiculously easy to build and maintain complex CI/CD pipelines

Revisado el 12/12/2019

Puntos a favor

The unique and intuitive way we can interact with it. It is a complete platform that's also very simple to use, so simple that setting up any new pipeline usually takes ten minutes tops.

At our company, we use multiple Buddy actions, such as: File transferring (SFTP), performing Status Checks for CR, building and pushing Docker images, establishing containerized environment for tests and setting up K8s deployment images. And we are pretty happy with our overall experience with Buddy.

Desventajas

Price, maybe? IIRC, it's a little more expensive than alternatives but I think it's worth it in the end.

Willian
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

It's simple to start

Revisado el 9/12/2019

Buddy worked very well on our whitelabel business model. We generate dozens of apps per month, and we expand our sales without increasing the number of developers on the project.

Puntos a favor

We like how easy it is to add new pipelines, and monitor build processes.

Desventajas

Unsupported to generate iOS apps, so you need to subscribe to another service to do this

Bitrise

Razones para cambiar a Buddy

We decided not to support native iOS. Only via PWA.
Ralf
Ralf

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

This is a toy that you can use for a hobby project

Revisado el 11/7/2022

Absolutely avoid. Spent last year trying to make it work and now the cost of keeping it alive is just too big so swapping as we speak. Last response from support I had... oh wait, I didn't have any.

Puntos a favor

WHEN it works, it has a few good features. It allows you to a basic CI/CD for a small projects, that's about it.

Desventajas

There's about 2h a day their support works, you have to wait for hours to get any response. And once you do 99% of those responses are "not our fault, try removing all projects, all integrations and try again".
On the top of that anything more complex that "hello world" runs out of their apparent 2CPU 2GB deployment server. Want more resources? Wait for 24h until dev team has this 2h of work somewhere in India.

Lucas
  • Sector: Productos cosméticos

Cannot get easier!

Revisado el 11/12/2019

Puntos a favor

Super easy. Even limited technical persons can use this.

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I don't like

Suroor

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Exceptionally easy to set up and go

Revisado el 7/8/2023

Buddy has been so smooth and easy to set up and use. It is my go to tool for any new project I'm starting. I've even migrated a few that were running on other platforms for years

Puntos a favor

Ease of setup and use is key to any service. Every other service that I have used pales in comparison in this aspect

Desventajas

Shared variable management can sometimes be tricky, especially when you have multiple pipelines.

Chris
Chris

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Buddy powers all of our pipelines, deployments and builds

Revisado el 30/11/2023

Puntos a favor

Buddy is easy to use and works consistently. I set it and forget it across a wide variety of setups, apps and needs. It has always worked well. It is easy to use along with a wide feature and capability set.

Desventajas

I dont have any cons. I've used Buddy for years and *if* there is an issue that doesn't seem to be pipeline related or config related, I've been able to reach out to someone in customer service and have a resolution very quickly, along with insight about what happened.

Louis
Louis
  • Sector: Arquitectura y planificación
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Buddy allows your team to make the most of their time. Developing instead of Deploying!

Revisado el 22/9/2023

Love it. I have used it for years. I tell everyone about it. Encourage everyone to use it.

Puntos a favor

The large number of integrations. This is critical. It allows us to use just Buddy to manage everything.

Desventajas

We can always use more integrations. The more things Buddy adds to their ecosystem. The more products we can consider to improve our workflows.

Niklas
Niklas
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

The simplest CI and Automation tool I ever experienced

Revisado el 18/12/2019

Buddy was the first CI/CD tool that satisfied all of our needs while being extremely simple to use. It was easy to get up and running with our monorepo and custom triggers with webhooks. Buddy provided solid support for multiple programming languages, Google Cloud, Kubernetes and HTTP Endpoints. It is a joy to build pipelines with Buddy! 🚀

Puntos a favor

It provides very intuitive workflows and actions that are customizable for all kinds of needs.

Desventajas

You pay for a machine the whole month even if you aren't using it. I would prefer a serverless model like with Google Cloud Build or GitHub Actions, where you only pay for the minutes the machine is running.

Bui Van
Bui Van
  • Sector: Servicios de información

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy to use, great performance

Revisado el 1/2/2024

Puntos a favor

It is one of the most powerful tools to help push code quickly, and can manage error checking when deploying an application

Desventajas

Sometimes, just sometimes it works a bit slow

Aimee
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

A great Product

Revisado el 11/9/2023

Puntos a favor

Buddy has been really easy to use and set up for a number of products.

Desventajas

The Documentation for some features could explain more or contain different versions. Some actions in the documentation don't match up with how it is used on the pipeline.

Paweł

Run CI/CD without headache

Revisado el 27/5/2019

Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find. Frankly it wasn't me finding it but a friend front-end developer showed me how to use it. This means you really don't need to be an old school open source ninja or DevOps hipster to run a CI/CD for your project. Just put together the build pipeline and get running in minutes.

Puntos a favor

It's so easy to get the on premise install running. It really takes minutes to get the software configured.

Building the deployment flow, aka pipeline is very intuitive. The UI will even give you hints about next steps in the pipeline.

You want to get things more complex? No worries - tons of integrations are at your service. Starting from simple FPT/SFTP deployments, through deployment time script compilation ending with advanced pipelines that include testing, sandboxing, joining other pipelines and parallel execution.

All that wrapped in stylish and intuitive UI that lets you watch the process live. When something goes wrong it's easy to find the exact step and the relevant log messages. Everything enclosed in one view. Awesome!

From the business perspective the TCO for the Buddy is much better (lower) when compared to top CI/CD tools and even open source solutions.

Desventajas

For the standalone edition some may find Buddy a being a black box. It could be difficult to get you hands dirty on internals of the system.

If you're used to get control on every detail you may find the Buddy UI limiting you.

Viatcheslav

Great product!

Revisado el 10/12/2019

Great product, I started to use it about a year ago and looking forward into new features, recommended to few friends with startup and they love it. Very nice design and many visual integrations. Had some issue with billing as I was not able to add person to company just for billing purposes. Other than that everything is great, good work!

- awesome design
- many integrations
- fast
- pipelines

Desventajas

- can not add a billing person to account

Razones para elegir Buddy

Needed pipelines support

Software anterior

Michael
  • Sector: Internet

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

By far my favourite automation tool..

Revisado el 24/5/2019

As a developer diving into Ops very often I have tried a numerous amount of deployment services and methods. Buddy really stands out and really offers users a lot of value.

Currently I use both Jenkins and Buddy on a daily basis. Personally I think Buddy is much easier to use!

Puntos a favor

The user interface is really easy to understand, allowing people with different skill-sets to use it.

They have an enterprise version that you can launch effortlessly on the AWS/Google cloud market places and manage yourself, but for smaller clients you can just use the SaaS version.

On top of all the available actions, it's so easy to just pull down a docker image to do whatever you need. This opens the door to a lot of custom actions.

Desventajas

Nothing comes to mind. I've had a issue or two with the sandbox functionality but their support is really quick so nothing to complain about.

Usuario verificado

Buddy review

Revisado el 13/12/2019

Puntos a favor

Flexibility. We use it to deploy anything from web apps with Vue.js, server-side applications with Laravel, WordPress and Node without any issues.

Desventajas

Lack of documentation to set up automated tests. I'd like to run unit tests with Jest, so it would be great if there was clear examples on how to do so and fail a deploy on failed tests.

Jeff
  • Sector: Internet

Simple and Elegant Deployment Tool

Revisado el 13/12/2019

As a dev agency with over 100+ websites, Buddy has made it simple to deploy to production/staging servers with ease.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use! If you're not into writing configuration code, Buddy has an excellent GUI setup that guides you through deployment setups.

Desventajas

Transfering repositories from GUI setup to a .yaml setup can be a hassle if buddy doesn't pick up the new buddy.yaml file. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

Alex
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Takes a load of your mind

Revisado el 10/12/2019

Overall, very good. We've had a few little niggles here and there but support has solved them within a day or two at most.

I love the fact that I can create and deploy a new microservice in under 30 minutes!

Puntos a favor

Once you've configured your standard deployment patterns in yml format, you can simply check any new projects into your SCM and then tell Buddy to create a new project from it. From there, Buddy will pick up your predefined pipelines and GO!

AWS integration is a simple single set up for the entire org acc, no need to each user to have their own access keys stored in Buddy.

As we don't have a DevOps team at our company, deployments are taken care of by the teams. Buddy makes is easy to create, edit and manage these deployments.

Desventajas

The concurrency based pricing. I would prefer if pricing could be calculated based on actual resource usage as I assume all the build servers are most likely Fargate or scaled EC2 clusters.

In any case, being restricted on concurrency per subscription can be a little annoying, especially on deployment days where I may need to release 10 services simultaneously, but I can only do 2 at a time... each taking around 5 minutes for full blue/green deployment. This means it can take up to an hour to deploy 10 services, where as ideally I want them all deployed within 10 minutes.

Marco
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

Buddy just works

Revisado el 19/12/2019

I'm using it mainly to deploy Laravel projects and with Buddy that saves me a lot of time.

Puntos a favor

It's so easy to create a new project and setup the actions needed for deployment. What I also like is the possibility to clone a project and to setup variables within a project.

Desventajas

That's not really about the product itself, but about the pricing. I'm still on an old plan, but now even the smallest plan starts at $75/month. That's quite expensive if you have just a couple of projects.

Jalen
  • Sector: Diseño

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Buddy is amazing and has earned a place as an integral part of our dev workflow

Puntos a favor

Buddy makes it easy to setup different pipelines for your staging and production servers. There are a large selection of pipeline actions available - integrations and tools to fit everyone's workflow. The Buddy interface is easy to navigate and the team has evidently put a lot of care into their product.

Desventajas

I can't think of any big cons off the top of my head. Maybe one thing is that the pricing can be kinda steep, especially if you're a really small team or a freelancer.

Jeroen

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Deployment is just a click away

Revisado el 3/8/2022

Puntos a favor

Buddy is fast, it's easy, it's advanced. Buddy enables us to deploy without lots of hassle. We work with git-flow and as soon as we push a release, Buddy is ready to deploy it. We really love the advanced deployment features

Desventajas

Buddy might be a bit overwhelming at first, after you learn the terms, where to setup a project, it will all be a walk in the park

Eric

Great pipeline services

Revisado el 10/12/2019

Overall, we've seen great increases in deployment speed and ability to get code from Development to Production quickly and efficiently.

Puntos a favor

We love the stability it has provided as well as consistently deploying our code, both compiled and 'raw' to all of our services.

Desventajas

We've occasionally had glitches in deployment, but these were rectified very quickly and communicated to us by the team at Buddy.

Niels
Niels
  • Sector: Desarrollo de programas

Great piece of software!

Puntos a favor

The best thing about buddy is probably their customer support. The software itself doesn't require to much explanation, but when you do have a suggestion or piece of feedback it is handled with care.

Desventajas

The activity view per project could have a bit more filtering options and the sandbox option in projects is a bit to expensive for our use.

Julien
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Easy CI for everything

Revisado el 23/5/2019

After using DeployBot for years, I wanted to see if there was something out there more flexible and faster. Buddy has been a perfect tool for us, and helps us deploy different repos every day, in different and unique ways.

Puntos a favor

I like that we are easily able to use Buddy for all of the applications across our stack. We have apps on multiple servers and in multiple languages. The GUI is extremely easy and much faster than typing yaml files, but if you'd like to type your CI, they offer an easy import/export tool.

Desventajas

It's hard to think about what I don't like about Buddy, but if anything I suppose it would be that their atomic deployments are a little challenging to use.

Patrick
  • Sector: Desarrollo de programas

Great Product

Revisado el 18/12/2019

Puntos a favor

Very simple to use, full of integrations and tools

Desventajas

I use it every day and have not found any against

Jay

Most Important Software In Our Company

Puntos a favor

Very easy to use. Very powerful. I like everything about it.

Desventajas

No mobile app. No public repositories. No easy way to preload repositories with software IE: it would be great if I could start a new repo with WordPress pre-installed.

Alex
  • Sector: Diseño

Best CI/CD service we've tried

Revisado el 22/5/2019

Have loved using it and the entire team have taken to it really well.

Have loved using it and the entire team have taken to it really well.

- Incredibly easy to use
- Hooks up with Github to make setup simple
- Fast interface
- Billions of integrations!

Desventajas

The interface makes use of keyboard shortcuts which can be a bit annoying at times when using things like the escape key to cancel an OS autocorrect suggestion. But once you know that, you know how to avoid it.