Swiftify

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

188 opiniones

Anilu del Carmen
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Facil de usar, Buena funcionalidad para sacarte de apuros

Revisado el 14/10/2020

Muy buena experiencia, voy incursionando en el mundo de iOS y el lenguaje swift por lo que me ha sido de mucha utilidad, principalmente por que las clases principales de mi proyecto actual son en objetive-c combinadas con swift.

Puntos a favor

Es muy facil de usar, devuelve el resultado en cuestión de segundos, además que la interfaz es muy práctica y fácil en cuestión de lectura y escritura

Desventajas

De momento no tengo queja alguna del softaware ya que ha cumplido con mis expectativas según el uso que le doy.

Farrukh

Easy Conversion in a click

Revisado el 10/7/2019

I love it and its my first choice to convert code. Easy to use and understand. one click operation.

Puntos a favor

easy copy paste options, option to select different swift versions. support for xcode as plugin and project conversion.

Desventajas

copy paste limit on website. no support for dark mode. should add support for other editors.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

I appreciate your feedback!

1) Indeed, the free version allows converting code blocks up to 2 KB. This should cover occasional usage like converting one method at a time, however.

If you need more, you may upload one or more zipped file(s) on the Converter -> Project page. The rates to pay for an individual conversion are pretty low, so that should be sufficient for occasional usage.

2) The macOS app fully supports Dark Mode.
We are featured in the Apple's list of Apps with Dark Mode support and on https://darkmodelist.com/.
Could you suggest where are you still lacking the Dark Mode support?

3) Which other editors (s) would you like supported?
We could consider your vote for our later development.

Brent
  • Sector: Servicios de información
  • Software usado Otro durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Too expensive for individual users.

Revisado el 13/10/2020

I didn't get a good chance to use it, as the free trial only allowed conversion of very small files. The small files that were converted, had been converted fairly well.

Again, if the pricing model was more fair for individuals I would have purchased a licence/subscription for myself.

Consider offering an individual subscription/licence for this product. Paying per file is not a good model in 2020.

Puntos a favor

The software is probably the best objc to swift converter on the market by a long shot. However the pricing model is not very friendly for individual developers.

Desventajas

The sales model is not all that great.

The monthly price for a subscription was extremely expensive/out of reach for individual developers.

And their pay as you go model is not very scalable if you have lots of objective-c code to convert.

I suggest that there should be an individual subscription/licence available for single users. Maybe $15-20 bucks a month. Or hell, even a one time licence purchase of $100-200 or so would be great.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

Thanks for your thorough feedback and suggestions!

We are still figuring out the best pricing model for the service, so I value your suggestions here.

Rich
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

It Sorta Works

Revisado el 1/8/2019

Puntos a favor

It's good for quickly translating objc into swift.

Desventajas

You have to go over almost every line of code it translates and fix something. It still doesn't do simple things like adding "override" before viewDidAppear in viewcontrollers for example. Also, it's way too expensive. One day the price just doubled and they told me they never changed the price since they launched so it's ok. It's not ok, it's way overpriced.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

First of all, thanks for trying Swiftify and your constructive review!

Regarding your comment on adding the `override` keyword. The `override` keyword is properly added, but of course, only if your class derives from UIViewControler (or a superclass that also defines this method): http://swiftify.me/huz23h

Thus, you have to include the whole class declaration in the conversion for this to work properly.
If you convert a selection in Xcode, and the selected text does not include the class declaration, the converter would not know what the parent class is.

As regarding pricing, we are still looking for the best pricing model and I'll consider your feedback.
If you don't like the subscription model, you can pay for an individual conversion by uploading your zipped files or project at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/

Anyway, I hear your feedback and I am open to any suggestions to make the product even better.

Francesco
  • Sector: Construcción
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

How to convert most function from objective c to swift

Revisado el 2/7/2019

I use when there is some part of code in objective c that needs only to be converted in swift.

Puntos a favor

It’s very easy to use. Just copy and paste objc code and press convert: the magic will happen. All API name converted correctly and only some adjustments to make it work.

Desventajas

Some c classes are not converted correctly. Should convert in some more swiftly way some code.

I really appreciate your awesome feedback on the product.

Regarding mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store.

Feel free to follow me up with any questions or suggestions on this matter.

Giovanni

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

My first go-to when it comes to converting objective-c

Revisado el 2/7/2019

As one who started to develop using swift it is amazing to have a tool that converts old solutions to code I can read and also use

Puntos a favor

The ease. No need to log in if you just have a few lines of code that needs to be converted. But live that it can also take full files.

Desventajas

Sometimes there is bugs when converting, but I as a user can usually convert anyway if I chop large code pieces to smaller chunks

James
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Saved me time and time is money.

Revisado el 24/7/2019

It has helped a lot. Today I use it more for code fragments.

Puntos a favor

When I had some bigger Objective-C projects I needed converted this saved me a lot time / money.

Desventajas

Didn't always get callbacks, and such form ObjectiveC. But it got better all the time.

Daniel
  • Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses

Extremely useful converter

Puntos a favor

The quality of the conversion. No other company managed to create such a useful migrator for Swift.

Desventajas

Maybe the pricing. And the fact that Apple did not immediately buy this and integrated into Xcode...

Martín
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Simply the best objective c to swift converter

Puntos a favor

Easy to setup and very simple to use on xcode.

Desventajas

Some of the objective c conversions do not correspond to the best option in the latest versiones of swift.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

I really appreciate your feedback.

Regarding your report that some conversions do not correspond to the best option in the latest versions of Swift.
While we are working hard on generating the best possible output, it will be probably never possible for the automated converter to produce an idiomatic Swift code, which still requires a human being ;)

Anyway, we are working hard improvements such as generating "guard let" statements whenever possible.

You may post any distinct suggestions for review here:

Tuan Nhat
  • Sector: Automoción
  • Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses

It just works.

Puntos a favor

You just simply paste the code you want to convert to the box, and it "magically" appear on the other side. No other action required. It's simple and it just works.

Desventajas

Nothing so far. However, I'm only converting occasionally and not on a daily basis.

Satendra
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5.001-10.000 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Prueba gratis

Good Plugin to convert

Revisado el 19/7/2019

Great, it helped me a lot to convert different code snippets quickly

Puntos a favor

It help a lot to convert Objective-C to Swift and save tones of time for developers. Specially it help if you are on Swift and you find some useful code snippet that you are willing to incorporate in your code.

Desventajas

Easy to use, most likely integration in Xcode itself

Dave
  • Sector: Petróleo y energía
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Happy with the converter

Revisado el 2/7/2019

I'm converting a full app from objective-c to swift and I'm finding this a very good tool to finish a lot of the code quickly. Then I just need to go back through the code to make sure it is operating how I need it to. Sometimes I don't examine the new code as closely as I should and get unexpected outcomes. This is because I am relying on the translation to much. It does such a good job I'm not testing my code close enough and get stung when the result is undesired.

Puntos a favor

When I am not sure how to translate some objective-c code I can get the converter to do it and I usually get code that is either completely compatible or needs a few tweaks to remove the errors/warnings.

Desventajas

It sends back a lot of lines like 'let value = value' to do optional testing. I don't like setting a value to itself and tent to rewrite all of those lines.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

Thanks Dave for your awesome review!

As we are always willing to make the product better, I am always open to your suggestions here.

1) Which pattern(s) do you commonly use for unwrapping of optionals?

Variable shadowing like `if let value = value` is a common practice to unwrap optionals in Swift.

We are considering switching to generating `guard let` statements in the future, but this is more difficult and possible only in a subset of cases:

2) The Advanced Project Converter (included in Swiftify for Xcode app in the macOS App Store) allows you to easily compare (original) Objective-C and (converted) Swift files:

Hope that would be helpful.
Thanks again for your time, and don't hesitate to follow me up on the above questions - I am definitely willing to address them addressed as much as possible!

Jared
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Nice software

Revisado el 1/7/2019

The overall experience was "Oh wow, didn't knew they had something like this out there". At first I was a bit skeptical because I had tried other converters that were not accurate enough for us. But after a couple of days of converting small swift functions, I was convinced it would be ideal for our project.

Puntos a favor

1) It is very easy to use.
2) Any jr. programmer can use it from day one
3) It converts anything that is Objective-C to Swift, in a very timely manner, without bottlenecks.
4) I like the fact that we can try it out under the free version and test before we decide to buy it. P.S: We ended up buying it for one of our projects that required we convert an Objective-C SDK to Swift.
5) It has an Xcode plugin.

Desventajas

Conversion sometimes is not 100% accurate, but it is accurate enough for our team. I honestly don't think there are any cons about the software. It was be used on the web, and on Xcode as a plugin, which honestly was perfect for our team.

Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support?
We are always willing to improve our product and services, so I'd definitely appreciate if you elaborate regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Joseph
  • Sector: Aerolíneas/aviación

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great tool for conversion and needs some improvements to convert a whole project mix ObjC and...

- Easy to use
- Single file conversion
- Project conversion is very helpful
- Most recent and beta SWIFT support

- Doesn't take workspace or mix ObjC and Swift APPs
- Conversion is only for latest and beta would be nice to be able to convert to last release major versions

Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support?

Regarding workspaces and mixed Objective-C + Swift apps, they are indeed supported in the Advanced Project Converter, which is the part of "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the Mac App Store.

By default, the app updates all projects in the workspace if needed.
However, you can manually choose which project(s) from the workspace should be processed or not:

We suggest that you work with a single project at a time by unchecking unrelated projects to constraint changes made by Swiftify to your selected project only.

I have nearly reached the limit of characters allowed to type here ;)
Feel free to follow me up regarding the rest of your questions!

Ajeet Kumar
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Swiftify ObjectiveC-Swift Converter

Revisado el 3/7/2019

I have been using swiftify nearly a year. It is really doing a spectacular job in helping me quick conversion of Objective-C code into Swift code. It is helping me many ways and saving my time.

Puntos a favor

i. Very easy to use and implement.
ii. Convert old Objective-C code snippet to Desired Swift version, specified by user.
iii. Even compatible swift classes, protocols, Predefined methods, properties conversion is made through swiftify.

Desventajas

Everything is good. Could be given access to whole file and project coversion. As of now, only Perticular function and properties conversion is there.

Ricardo
  • Software usado Otro durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

A great way to migrate single Objective-C documents

Revisado el 2/7/2019

We are currently migrating a 6 year old Objective-C project that needs to be refactored using Swift because of an external library implemented only for this new language. Using a bridging header or thing like that is not a possibility. We used this tool to convert some files in order for the new developer to get a grasp on how the classes would look like after being converted. It was a nice tool to use. However, we were not backed by the technical direction to keep on using it more extensively.

Puntos a favor

I liked how easy it was to upload files and received the converted version.

Desventajas

I liked that the free version was a bit too restrictive for general developers of companies not generally prone to invest in tools like this when suggested by their team.

It would be great to have some sort of infographic to sell the idea to the business directors in order for developers to convince them to invest in this tool, but in terms of the impact it has on the budget necessary for projects.

Could you please suggest what issue(s) did you have with the customer support?

P.S. Check our this article intended for managers and business developers:

Any feedback is welcome!

Darryl

Learning Objective-C with a Tutor

Revisado el 2/7/2019

When creating a new project that has an optional third-party library, framework, or class in Objective-C language, the conversion from Objective-C to Swift is very accurate, and often updates with the modern version of Swift. This is very helpful for varying versions of previous files that one may encounter.

Puntos a favor

I liked the fact that I am able to explore my entire project, as in Xcode. I am able to select groups of files to convert, and add newly generated Swift files to my project file. The learning curve that exists when moving between languages was definitely cut in half with the use of this tool.

Desventajas

I did not like the constant prompts to upgrade after certain uses of the software.

Kerde
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

Time saver

Puntos a favor

Saves you alot of time. As someone who knows both Objective C , as well as Swift, this tool saves you a great amount of time when dealing with projects that are being converted from legacy code. The output tends to almost always be correct.

Desventajas

Can't say there are many cons. The only thing I can think of is that there is no way to convert multiple files at once.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

Just wanted to say "thanks" for your awesome review!

Regarding the conversion of multiple files, while Xcode does not support this (Apple have not made it possible for Xcode Extensions to access anything beyond the currently edited file), here are the options:

1) Zip multiple `.h` and `.m` files and convert at https://objectivec2swift.com/#/converter/project/

2) Use the Finder Extension (included in the "Swiftify for Xcode" app in the App Store) to select and convert multiple files in Finder;

3) Use the AppCode plugin to convert pairs of `.h` and `.m` files from within the IDE (which supports such functionality, unlike Xcode).

Don't hesitate to follow up with me if you have additional questions!

Ryan
  • Sector: Administración educativa
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Objective-C to Swift Converter

Puntos a favor

I loved this software. It was super easy to use and master.

Desventajas

It could be faster and more user friendly. Some aspects were confusing

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

Thanks, Ryan for your awesome feedback!

Could you please elaborate what (in your opinion) could make the product more user friendly?
Which of the components (web based converter, Xcode Extension, Advanced Project Converter) were you using most?

Regarding the conversion speed, I'd be glad to hear what is your country / location and in which cases you find yourself waiting for too long.

P.S. Our Offline Converter will likely solve any performance / speed issues on your side. Let me know if you are interested in it.

Shreya
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Easy to use but....

Revisado el 2/7/2019

My experience is good and useful,I use quite often and save my time also

Puntos a favor

Sometime we get solution of query in obj c so its very helpful to convert it to swift.I have some projects which are in obj c and swift so its useful to use same logic in both apps.Site structure is very user friendly and easy to use.

Desventajas

I have some projects which are still in swift 3 language and since swift 4 launches ,you have removed conversion option to swift3.If possible can you support old swift3 version also
And sometime site hangs ,I need to close and need to reopen again,Please work on that

Oscar

Swiftify: the best way to code with Swift and Objc

Revisado el 29/2/2020

Overall, Swiftify is great. It's easy to use and very accurate. I would love a cheaper subscription as the one at the moment is a bit too expensive, but its still great tool which I use often.

Puntos a favor

What I love about Swiftify is its ease of use. Anytime you need to covert some Objc code to Swift its just a few clicks away. Another great thing about Swiftify is that its fast and accurate, 99.9% of the time, the conversion goes flawlessly.

Desventajas

What I don't love about Swiftify is its price point. I don't pay for it because I don't think I can justify the price as I don't convert that much code.

Vikram
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Most Advanced Tool

Revisado el 3/7/2019

After using many tools I fount this tool very useful. Now I don't need to code manually from Objective-c to swift because of this tool.

Puntos a favor

- I Like that in one click this tool convert code in swift.
- Free trial is awesome.
- In 99% it's provide perfect result.

Desventajas

- Only one cons that it convert on small size of code in free version(But it true because of great fetures).

Stanislau
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The best assistant when dealing with legacy projects

Revisado el 8/7/2019

Sometimes, I am converting legacy classes written in Objective-C to Swift.

Puntos a favor

Really helpful when you don't want to add a new feature to the old Objective-C code.
At the same time, quick revitalization to the newest Swift gives a boost in implementation performance.

Desventajas

I don't need a subscription as I am using this service quite rarely for the single files. In my case, the pay-as-you-go model could fit much better.

Respuesta de Swiftify Traducir a español

I really appreciate your awesome feedback!

If you don't need a subscription, we actually have a Pay As You Go plan that you could use.

Just upload your project at the Converter -> Project page and pay for an individual conversion here:

We are still in process of figuring out the best pricing model so your suggestions are definitely welcome.

James
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Very solid and reliable swift conversion.

Revisado el 11/7/2019

Overall, this tool has be incredibly valuable in helping me learn swift.

Puntos a favor

Super easy to convert a lot of my older ObjC code to swift.
Also, has done a great job keeping up with the latest version of swift.

Desventajas

Suggestion: don't autofill the left ObjC panel with sample code. It would be quicker to start with a blank panel to paste in my code.

Hi James,

Thanks for your awesome review and suggestions!

One of the reasons we've been filling the left pane with the sample code is to demonstrate how one can join contents of interface and implementation file(s) into the Swift output.

While you are encouraged to use the Xcode Extension (which is just more convenient, and won't fill in any sample code), I'll think about changing the left pane to a very minimum, or just blank code!

Evan
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Great Help At Work

Revisado el 2/7/2019

Objective-C to Swift converter has been a great tool to use at work. We have a legacy app written in Objective-C and a new app written in Swift which uses very similar functionality as the existing ObjC app. When I need to get some Objective-C code translated into Swift fast Objective-C to Swift converter is my first go to tool. Sometimes of course the code doesn't translate properly or just isn't translatable to Swift but this tool will give you a decent head start if you know how to modify your logic / syntax and are willing to do some proper Googling to fill in the pieces. No, this won't convert your existing Objective-C app to Swift in one go, but it's a great tool to use to update Objective-C code to Swift or translate it for use in a new Swift app. Thanks for providing this and keep up the great work!

Puntos a favor

Pretty decent accuracy when converting Obj-C to Swift. *Much* faster than converting a ton of code by hand

Desventajas

Sometimes code doesn't translate properly or there are other modifications that are needed.