60 opiniones

ClusterControl

Database management software with data backup tool

4,3 /5 (60 opiniones) ¡Escribe una reseña!
Calificación general
87% Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
60 opiniones
Musa M.
Traducir a español

We start using clustercontrol and stopped looking for alternatives

Revisado el 1/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We are now able to scale up to meet user demand as well as administer our databases from a single point.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use is one. We love the features and how it brings some other related services under one administrative control e.g. haproxy. Reports in their various forms and the ability to create custom reports are some of the features we're most in love with as well. Clustercontrols's quick provisioning and decommissioning is a right fit for our scaling needs.

Puntos en contra

Customer support. For some reason I am not able to reach customer support via email and for that reason we're stuck using the community edition with reduced features at this time.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback, I will make sure we get in touch with you to make sure you get the support you need!

Martijn W.
Sector: Software informático
Traducir a español

CLusterControl is a mature and easy to use product for management of database clustering software.

Revisado el 21/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I've been following SeveralNines a couple of years and along with that way, I discovered the maturity of their product ClusterControl. All kinds of companies find their way to optimal data, for example, companies which are operating several database types that all need attending to. For such companies, Cluster Control is a very interesting solution to consider as it automates a lot of important tasks. But also at larger companies like VidaXL with a few dozen database nodes, the automatic recovery features for clusters are a great enrichment for their database operations.

Puntos a favor

1. Automatic recovery of database (replication) clusters.
2. In my opinion one of the biggest challenges is to have in-depth knowledge about all their different database platforms being used. The builtin intelligence, advisory and health checking features of ClusterControl helps to overcome a big chunk of that gap.
3. Ease of deployment, in less then 15 minutes we are able to get a MariaDB or Percona cluster running.

Puntos en contra

Faster and further development of features for other database platforms besides MySQL and MongoDB would be encouraged by me. For example PostgreSQL features and maturity could be improved.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback! We are working to add more features and more database technologies with each release! PostgreSQL is definitely a priority for us :)

Joseph O.
Sector: Juegos de azar y casinos

ClusterControl Review

Revisado el 30/8/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We are much better with it, than without it.

Puntos a favor

I like the monitoring and graphing. It's a great way to centralize management of multiple systems.

Puntos en contra

No easy way to have a free license for testing features in a sandbox environment without obtaining temporary license.
No way to see top processes and the resources they are consuming and be able to kill processes.
ClusterControl screen refresh can be extremely slow, and even require restart when open for periods of time.
Documentation is lacking in many respects on how to's and just general definitions of things are too generic.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback! We value you as a customer and appreciate your inputs, they have been passed along to the product team

Okan B.

good software

Revisado el 31/8/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

experience is good you can rely on this software dashboard is great. you can spot the problems right away.

Puntos a favor

it gives you a good overall situation overview. you can see current load of servers, queries per sec, node health status etc. the query type distribution is also great. before the cc app i do not know how i managed to keep things up, now i feel comfortable when i see the cc dashboard.

Puntos en contra

i can not seem to get the active query log to work correctly. detailed tutorials about setting up the software and how to use features are must. i like to know how stuff works so details about inner workings should exist in a humanly understandable format.

more details about what is going on right now would be great for eg. the connection count where does all that connection come from which IP or dbuser. things like that would increase the value of the product undoubtedly.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, I recommend opening a support ticket to ask your questions re the query log, I'll bet we can help you figure it all out.

Alexander B.
Sector: Juegos de ordenador
Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados
Traducir a español

very good cross platform tool

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 5/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

maybe this is the best solution, even community version, for DB tuning!

Puntos a favor

very good dashboards, you can find weak places on comparing dashboards values in one place.
Maybe the best solution for tuning databases values.

Puntos en contra

1. you couldn't skip some alerts. For example, you have alert from category DBHealth about Use wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2 instead. But I don't like to use it and I don't like to skip all the warnings of DBHealth category .
2. It could be better if there was a line, across all dashboards. So for example, you put your mouse point on one place of dashboard and the line shows the statement on other - this would be really good.
3. Not good, that you don't show prices for commercial solutions(

But You have made something really cool

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it along to the product team

Christian K.
Sector: Investigación

Galera Cluster Made easy

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We evaluated owncloud vs nextcloud in enterprise scale (5000+) users and the documentation told us to use a Galera Cluster but we did not had any idea about how to set it up.
So we needed a quick way to set it up w/o studying the docs for hours.
The I discovered ClusterControl, installed it and followed the guide in the docs and what should I say, we had a 3 node Galera Cluster with load balancer in front in less than 30 minutes. It was ridiculous (in a positive way).

Puntos a favor

It's the easiest way to septup a Galera Cluster plus load balancer of choice without having no idea about Galera whatsoever. Plus the ontop features like backup, replication are a charm.

Puntos en contra

The UI feels a bit crowded at first, so one has to dig around a bit before one finds the right place.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for the feedback, Id love to know what we could do to get those two points from you!

Javier F.
Traducir a español

The quickest way to deploy a good Cluster in a few steps.

Revisado el 21/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I start to use it without know any about this type of clusters, thanks to this I setted up my first MySQL Cluster and it introduce me to this scope.

Puntos a favor

The ease to set up it and start to use it. If you haven't deploy any Cluster before, this is the better way to do it.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the review! That is exactly what we want to hear as we think ClusterControl is great for the SysAdmin or DevOps folks who aren't familiar with clustering but need to get it done :)

Mohammed F.
Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
Traducir a español

ClusterControl is an all in one database management platform with a tons of features

Software usado Semanalmente durante Prueba gratis
Revisado el 12/8/2019

Puntos a favor

We have tested the cluster control tool trial. It's loaded with tons of database management features and it is reliable. Some of the key features of this tool is as follows.

Easy to deploy and manage production database systems.
Advanced Auto recovery during node failures.
Database servers can be scaled and managed easily.
Multi node cluster support.
Galera support for MySQL.
MongoDB replication and Sharding clusters.
Scheduled auto backup.
Advanced database monitoring with integrated tools to gain insight from metrics.
Excellent support team.

Puntos en contra

Need to include features for managing other DBMS and NoSQL database like Hbase etc.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your review, We appreciate the feedback on adding new databases, feel free to reach out directly with your recommendations and we will take a look.

Stephen L.
Sector: Software informático

Not fully tested

Puntos a favor

I loved the trial I had of cluster control. It provides an aws rds type layer on top of a galera cluster. It also promises cluster recovery in the event of crashed nodes.

Puntos en contra

I didn't get a chance to fully test all of the features so I can't comment as to the reliability of all the promised functionality.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for the feedback, hope you get to spend some more time with the product in the future!

Probabilidad de recomendación: 7.0/10

Raul G.

My honest review of CC 1.7.1

Revisado el 5/3/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Gets job done hands down

Very simple to operate
Intuitive
Great support

Puntos en contra

Nothing significant comes to my mind, no cons yet

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback, if you run into any issues remember you have Enterprise support during your trial period

Michel B.
Traducir a español

Very easy to deploy a cluster, also it facilitates administration and monitoring.

Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
Revisado el 23/9/2017

Puntos a favor

The numerous templates that facilitates the deployment of servers, the configuration of cluster, proxies, keepalive service and also the planning of backups. It is the little brother of Oracle Enterprise Manager software that I did used before for oracle databases

Puntos en contra

I have no cons on the technical side. I find only the price per node a little high, it should be great to have a better price for qualification and development servers ans also standalone ones.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your review and feedback! We deeply value you as a customer and hope to continue to work with you in the future! We are always evaluating our pricing structures and will continue to try to find the balance between our clients value and our pricing.

Sascha E.
Sector: Internet
Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
Traducir a español

Install it once, and be prepared to enjoy database stability and scalability forever!

Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año
Revisado el 23/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

The software allowed us to easily install a database cluster and hand it over to the customer on a very tight budget so he can himself keep an eye on it whenever he likes. The stability of the software is great!

Puntos a favor

It just works! In 22 years of web development, I have never come across a software that gave such a positive experience in the long run! You can almost install and forget about it, except that you should never forget about an installed piece of software as an administrator.

Puntos en contra

I don't like to see notices like "Detailed Alarm notifications are not available in the Community Edition.". I understand the need for an upsell, but I'd prefer if they would make it more subtle.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback and great review! We definitely understand your frustration with the notifications, we think the Dev Studio notifications, chat integrations and monitoring alerts are some pretty neat features too. We do, however, offer the ability to do query monitoring and let you create custom advisers to aid in your monitoring efforts.

Neil B.
Traducir a español

Pleasure to use, shows me exactly what is going on in my clusters

Software usado A diario durante Más de un año
Revisado el 15/9/2017

Puntos a favor

The graphing, ability to check error logs centrally. The fact it sends out alerts for issues and an alert when the issue is resolved.

Puntos en contra

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about this software. If I had to give one thing I would say it would be nice have themes for the Overview as I prefer a darker screen.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate having you as a ClusterControl user. Make sure to check out the Developer Studio where you can write custom scripts to monitor and send alerts about specific things you might care about.

Asparuh P.
Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
Traducir a español

I am very satisfied with the trial - features, complete documentation, great MySQL/Galera resources.

Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses
Revisado el 21/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We have a lot of features similar to Oracle Enterprise Manager for MySQL. Without a tool like S9S ClusterControl it will be very hard to perform realtime monitoring, to be productive and to act proactively. There are nice gadgets integrated with the tool which could help to the DBA's tasks.

Puntos a favor

Ability to monitor and control all the clusters at one place and notify you in case of trouble. We are thankful for the extended trial and the free customer support for that time. There was also nice dedicated tech demo for our team, which help us a lot to evaluate the product.

Puntos en contra

There are some limitations and missing features compared to some other DBA tools, but I believe S9S team is working hard to enrich the application and they are listening to their customers. Price schema compared to competitors is not so flexible (it is a bit costly to monitor large number of servers), but I believe that the S9's sales team could negotiate in order to successfully close the deal.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated!

Cory S.
Sector: Juegos de azar y casinos

Great product to assist in DB Cluster setup and overview

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Overall very happy with Several Nines and Cluster Control and I am happy our company engages with them.

Puntos a favor

* Easy to setup a new cluster or adding a node to a cluster
* Easy to check the status variables of all nodes via the web dashboard

Puntos en contra

* my.cnf file templates are difficult to maintain or add to the system
* Upgrading to new version usually causes hand full of issues
* Creates zombie threads in Centos that have to be cleaned up with a deamon restart

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the review, we're so grateful to have you as a customer and value your inputs! I passed your feedback on to the product team.

Jeffrey P.
Traducir a español

Great software for managing databases

Revisado el 26/2/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

So far we have only done an initial evaluation of ClusterControl and found it to be very good, but too much is changing with our backend systems right now to move forward with any possible purchase decisions. That being said we definitely see where it can solve some of our biggest problems that we have encountered with our MySQL database.

Puntos a favor

Makes many tasks that are typically very difficult very easy like monitoring, automatically failing over in case of a server problem, building new database servers and managing replication.

Puntos en contra

It would be nice to have tighter integration with MaxScale to have more options for sql aware proxies.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for your feedback on increasing Maxscale integration, I will pass it along to our Product team

Usuario verificado
Traducir a español

enjoying using this software since it is very helpful and interactive software

Revisado el 2/3/2018

Data management

Puntos a favor

i like cluster control due to its ability to centralize the communication from both analog and digital I/O . Monitoring system activities is easy Eg managing data record on a large scale like data for organization which could have been tedious to handle.

Puntos en contra

involves keen and logical thinking and has got limitations in diffrent environments in which the software is working for example When using windows CE. when a control overlaps the cluster shell in a Touch Panel VI, the entire control is still completely visible when you build the VI into an application. If the control is completely outside the cluster shell, the control will not be not visible.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it along to the Product team

For reference here is a link of the browsers we support https://severalnines.com/docs/requirements.html#supported-browsers

Adnan O.
Sector: Servicios de información

It's a amazing software

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I configured and managed Galera Cluster with cluster control, it's most successfull.

Puntos a favor

It's completely working without manuel configuration.
It's very successful for fail over scenerio

Price is so high
Maybe support is not enough

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback on our pricing, we feel we are pretty competitive with the market but it's always hard in an open source world. Feel free to reach out to us we may be able to work a deal that works for both of us.

Kenneth E.
Traducir a español

Easy clustering of sql servers

Revisado el 18/9/2017

Puntos a favor

Navigation and ease of use. Cluster control is one of the most robust server control when it comes to RDS.

Puntos en contra

Quite expensive for a startup. We get it, you make it easy for us to get hoked up with the product. But the trial is too short to play with. It's also expensive.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. We can definitely extend your trial (which we do on a case-by-case basis) to make sure you have all the time you need to justify the spend. We are also working on a startup program to provide some more creative ways of introducing it into your organization, if you're interested in piloting it with us give us a shout :)

Probabilidad de recomendación: 7.0/10

Usuario verificado

Excellent piece of software

Revisado el 18/10/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Makes life as a DBA easy.

Puntos a favor

Excellent piece of software. Enables us to control all our servers across the enterprise and monitor server health easily.

Puntos en contra

Can sometimes be a little cludgy when adding single instances. Postgresql support very limited and only monitors very basic streaming replication.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the positive review and also for the feedback. When it comes to PostgreSQL we have a lot in the works to support it more!

Glyn A.
Traducir a español

Great as a basic monitoring and dashboard tool

Revisado el 1/3/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Easy visibility of multiple Galera clusters.

Puntos a favor

Excellent support for MySQL and Galera clustering, really ahead of the game here and nicely done.

Puntos en contra

Very Naive monitoring of PostgreSQL systems, only seems to support the most basic of streaming replication setups.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for your feedback, we are working at beefing up our PostgreSQL support!

Probabilidad de recomendación: 6.0/10

Juan V.
Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados

Amazed.

Revisado el 14/9/2017
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Ease of use. Being able to have my Kubernetes Galera clúster auto discovered. Graphs and insight to my cluster.

Puntos a favor

I love how intuitive the interface is. Also, how easy it is to move around and find the things I need. Love the product.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thanks for the great feedback, Juan, it's much appreciated. If you're also using Docker, look out for some future updates, which we'll publish soon. Cheers, JJ - Severalnines Team

Marcus M.
Sector: Seguridad informática y de redes
Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
Traducir a español

Great and easy to use software

Revisado el 26/2/2019
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

We're using ClusterControl to manage our Galera Cluster, or better, ClusterConrtol cares about our Galera Cluster so we can focus on our main tasks.

Puntos a favor

ItÄs easy to configure and once setup, you dont need to care about it. Everything will be done automatically without deep knowledege for MySQL / Galera Clusters.

Puntos en contra

The Pricing could be better / support Start-Ups.

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking at ways to improve our pricing model so please make sure you talk with our sales reps as there are quantity and other discounts available.

Abilash P.

Cluster Control- One of the best all in 1 DB system

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Enterprise solutions - multi tenant, multi vendors

Puntos a favor

Great usability and feature rich with umpteen DBs in one place
Good in monitoring and scalability

Puntos en contra

More help or info in the GUI would be great

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for the feedback on the UI, we've made a ton of changes this year and plan on many more to make it more user friendly

Francisco A.
Sector: Telecomunicaciones
Traducir a español

Complete solution for Database provisioning and monitoring

Software usado Otro durante Prueba gratis
Revisado el 30/8/2018
Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

ClusterControl helped me having a default provisioning process for my MySQL database and gave me a deeper vision on what is happening on the service

Puntos a favor

ClusterControl has default dashboards that come with a really useful variety of graphs that helps the DBAs to analyze what is happening with the databases

Puntos en contra

I couldn't see what are the limitations of the Community version as I had a free trial during my tests
I feel like it's missing an option to turn off the free trial and test the limited Community version

Respuesta de Severalnines

Thank you for your review! We are constantly working on our user experience, including making it clearer to differentiate Community vs Enterprise. I have passed your feedback onto the product team