CAKE POS

Solución de software de punto de venta (POS) online para restaurantes.

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

505 opiniones

Ed
Ed

Affordable, Effective, and easy to use POS System

Revisado el 27/6/2018

I got an affordable, and effective solution for my POS system needs. We all have found the menus and programming to be easy

Puntos a favor

The price is the most attractive feature, as well as the ease of use. The flexible and affordable monthly payments are nice too.

Desventajas

Can't use terminal when someone is using the manager functions on other terminal. There are some short delays in running reports at times.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Thanks for your review, Ed! We are happy to hear that you are finding a lot of value and ease of use with your CAKE Point of Sale. We appreciate your feedback, I will pass this on to our Product Team. I know we are working on making a few improvements to reporting that will be coming out soon.

Amanda

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great System...WORTH every penny!

Revisado el 11/3/2022

CAKE is excellent. We've had great customer service when we had questions or issues...and our software and hardware have worked GREAT for the past 4.5 years!

Puntos a favor

We love that each employee can easily enter and track orders, as well as clock in & out! That coupled with the awesome real-time reports available make this an unbeatable product!

Desventajas

We have a small frustration with how the POS screen aligns the option buttons in ordering windows. It takes us a few minutes to adjust after we change menu items, but is not a big issue.

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

It seemed to have all of the options we needed in one package, where everything else required additional programs, hardware or services.
Patrick
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

POS technology is behind. Customer Service is very poor.

Revisado el 6/3/2023

You can contact me directly or follow the reddit thread regarding Cake POS. I have continued to update my experience with Cake POS and it is bad. Consistently poor experience at every turn and every new challenge of the restaurant.

Puntos a favor

It is a simple product but it is not for a table-service restaurant. Best for a simple counter service operation.

Desventajas

Customer service has been horrible. Bad attitudes, lack of help, and terrible at resolving issues.Tripled charged me for additional POS system.TERRIBLE installation strategy. Self-Installation with no assistance if it doesn't work. WHAT?Fabio blamed ME for the installation not working. It is a simple plug and play but what happens when that doesn't work. They shrug and say it is your fault. Wow. I've had much better experiences with LightSpeed/Upserve and SpotOn at my other restaurants.Avoid this at all costs.

Lightspeed Restaurant, SpotOn, Revel Systems y Toast POS

Razones para elegir CAKE POS

Sometimes you make mistakes with your decisions and they have minor impacts. Choosing CAKE POS is a MAJOR negative impact that has resulted in LOST SALES for the restaurant in a tough environment.Anyone can contact me to discuss my experience more. Cake does not care about the customer and has never cared about my negative experiences.

Software anterior

SpotOn
Barry

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Hard to beat, I've used several systems.

Revisado el 8/5/2020

Everyone that touches it learns it almost instantly. Programming it is almost as easy too.

Puntos a favor

Simple and covers all the bases. Cake has actually impressed customers! How often does a customer look at a cash register and think it's cool? Well, cake has, especially 4 years ago before everyone had an iPad. But we still get comments.

Desventajas

Can't put my logo on the receipts, would love to be able to shop for my own credit processing. I know that's not going to happen. But my logo on a receipt should be able to.

Razones para elegir CAKE POS

Outdated, and they made me angry.

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

Simplicity, style, customer screen, price, and a unit that wasn't an iPad.
Aaron

Cake(MadMobile) POS Review

Revisado el 17/5/2022

Very solid, they have earned my respect and trust. I have appreciated the help getting everything going and the simplicity that the software provides.

Puntos a favor

Cake is an easy software to understand and use. Compared to Toast or Square the setup is straightforward, the interface is clean and the POS equipment is very high quality. Reports are instantly available, customer service is top-notch, and transactions are smooth and hassle free.

Desventajas

Customizing the online ordering screen as well as the second screen for the POS. Both are very limited and don't allow me to alter font, or layout/style. I'd like to represent my image better and I can't do that if I can't alter the fonts and add graphics.

Square Payroll, eHopper y Toast POS

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

Superior equipment(POS), easier setup, and maintenance.
Molly

Cake POS is sweet!

Revisado el 26/4/2023

It's a phenomenal product - I've recommended it to many other restaurant owners!

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, ease of configuration, affordable

Desventajas

Back office / admin settings get a bit complicated and some are configured on POS and some through Admin Portal - I wish they were all in the same place!

Danielle

Paddles Coffee

Revisado el 25/6/2021

After hearing nightmare stories from others in the coffee industry with other POS systems, we wouldn’t change a thing. We are more than happy with the experience so far, and we are excited for the updates and changes we’ll see in the future.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to set up the menu; customer service has always been top notch; online reports include the information you need to run a business effectively; POS terminal is attractive and customer friendly.

Desventajas

Would love to see stamps integrated between POS and online ordering; accessing older reports is time consuming; some of the reports are buried within other reports and can be hard to find.

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

On recommendation from others in the industry and review of the features and pricing online.
Robert
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Cake is the Best yet

Revisado el 22/4/2020

Cake handles everything we need for daily operations

Cake handles everything we need for daily operations

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, self input of new items, reporting in real time for on the fly decisions.

Desventajas

None, there isnt anything yet we have had issues with or had a question about that wasnt resolved.

Razones para elegir CAKE POS

After having months of unsettled issues with TouchBistro we decided it would be best to seek a replacement. After looking at all options we decided to go with Cake based on needs and wants that we could see would benefit our business. All of our needs are covered and some of the wants are now available to us.

Software anterior

TouchBistro

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

ALl of the user inputs and functionality that we were looking for were included and ready to use.
Mitchell

Cale POS Review

Revisado el 18/5/2021

Great product. Great prices, great customer service

Great product. Great prices, great customer service

Puntos a favor

Easy access to back of house numbers. Great comparison categories.

Desventajas

Wish i could place an order to be picked up later and put a time on the check to print to kitchen . Also wish i could have at least 2 different service charge sliders straight from the ticket .

Razones para elegir CAKE POS

Needed to replace hardware and get an updated modern software system.

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

My Sysco representative/sales associate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] highly recommended Cake and i knew he could help me with any issues I might have
Brenna

EZ as Cake!

Revisado el 11/8/2021

Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Puntos a favor

I love the simplicity and sleek design of the actual terminal and the software is amazingly easy to use and really lives up to it's name! It's easy as CAKE!

Desventajas

I would like to be able to have my gift cards expire.

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

my husband did, his Sysco Rep was his friend and ex sous chef, so he talked him into it.
Jeremy

Absolute Garbage !!!!!

Revisado el 10/11/2021

0 stars, horrible, would not recommend

0 stars, horrible, would not recommend

Puntos a favor

user friendly and easy to use/program. pulling up reports anywhere anytime is nice, to bad they do not stand by their equipment, and have no loyalty to their long term customers.

Desventajas

Horrible customer service, junk equipment. I am placing my order for a new P.O.S. with square today after 4 years with Cake. they sell you faulty equipment and then over inflate the price on the replacement equipment. stay awayy!!!! I wish I did. $250 for a replacement router that connects the P.O.S. with the ipads, dead after 2 years, while paying monthly subscription fees per tablet too. what a Joke.

Roman

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Started out as a great solution but something has changed

Revisado el 10/8/2022

Started out great but the recent missed credit card deposits are alarming and there seems to be a breakdown in communication internally. Might be the transition over to madmobile but something is going on. As a business owner shopping for a POS solution, I would give this time to see where this goes before jumping in. I'm in the process of shopping for a possible new solution.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to use and robust. Great reporting and features.

Desventajas

We are experiencing multiple instances of our credit card deposits not depositing on the days that they are contracted to deposit from Cake and it has impacted payments to vendors and payroll. There almost seems to be an disconnect between support and understanding the very real problem that this presents to a small businesses.

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

At the time, really liked the ease of use and how robust the software is.
John
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Cake promises undelivered

Revisado el 13/9/2019

While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

Puntos a favor

The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

Desventajas

There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review.

First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it.

With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused.

We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators.

As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks.

university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0

Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

Mike

• Asistencia al cliente

Great experience, amazing support and the right way to buy software

Revisado el 27/7/2017

Puntos a favor

We were using an older text driven system before that ran on an older OS on XP and we needed something that was Windows-oriented, vendor supported, and took support off of management's hands and handed it over to the people who are actually on the floor doing the work. Frankly the old system also broke a lot, and we needed something more technologically advanced. CAKE has been fantastic. Developing and managing the menu has been surprisingly easy, like the easiest thing I've ever done. Working with the categories and modifiers was just a piece of cake. All of the people working here love it. They came off a system they were already used to, and the conversion was completely painless and extremely fast. When we went from tickets to our old system it was a 6 month nightmare, it just took forever, and I was concerned switching to CAKE would be the same, but it was instant. The system was so intuitive, it's been really nice. It operates exactly how you think it should work, which is probably why staff took to it so readily. The way you can purchase it was also a huge factor for a small independent company like ours, so you can do a small down payment instead of a big cash outlay. It just works for us.

Desventajas

An ad-hoc reporting capability would be nice. The existing reports are substantial and you can download them into excel, but I would like to be able to create my own.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Thank you Mike for your great review of CAKE! CAKE Point of Sale makes it easy for you to work faster, more efficiently, and with less overhead. We¿re glad to hear your staff is loving it as much as you are!

Shaun

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Gives greater control over your point of sale and tracking!

Revisado el 20/10/2017

Order accuracy and data tracking

Order accuracy and data tracking

Conversation Summary/Sample Review:
Before we started with CAKE, everything was done by hand so we had to write stuff down which posed a challenge because now you had to know what went on everything and how much things were to charge for extra. There was also no way for us to track anything, really. Now we can track sales of items in general as well as hourly, and there is even an option to track by 15-minute period, which is even greater. Changing the menu is easy and I don't have to have meetings to tell people about new prices and things, I just give a heads up and then it just shows up on the machine. Customization is super easy, so even if the customer wants something we don't have in there it's super easy to enter. And then my favorite part is that I can have different printers that send information where it needs to go, so I can send the fryer exactly what they need and the grill what they need which has helped us out a lot. Instead of looking at an order with a ton of information that makes it hard to see what needs to be done, each person can see exactly what they need to do for their part and then have it come together with better accuracy.

Desventajas

It would be great if customers could order online and pay with PayPal. An app for remote access to the system would be amazing.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Thank you Shaun for a great review! We do offer online ordering, and an app for remote access to the system. We've contacted your Customer Success representative to ensure that CC Diner and Ice Cream gets your just desserts! We're happy to hear CAKE Point of Sale saves time for team and adds more money to your bottom line.

Tara

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great customer service

Revisado el 13/10/2023

It is a good system, well supported by your representatives like [sensitive content hidden]

Puntos a favor

The 24 hour customer service. Your representatives like [sensitive content hidden]
, go the extra mile to help with any problems that occur. This gives me peace of mind and helps me deal with other issues.

Desventajas

Things seem to change in the menu when I have not changed them.

Notepad++

To be able to have POS.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate your continued support. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns!

Bryan
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Cake Review

Revisado el 15/4/2020

This is my first POS system. I think its expensive but I think the system has help me recover at least part of the cost and now I know a lot more about my restaurant. The tech support team is very good. I have had the system for about 4 months now and I am still learning. I know the software people are in this to make money but for small companies you can't afford the add ons because the cost is too high. They don't explain about the add on pricing up front. I thought time tracking, scheduling and inventory would be standard. Overall I do like the system but I will know what ask and look for when my contract is up.

- Easy to use
- Easy to change the menu
- Online ordering is available
- Keeps track of items left if I put in the quantity left
- Tracks all kinds of things such as discounts, comps, etc.
- System was fairly easy to set up
- Tech support is very good

Desventajas

- Online ordering will not let you track the number of items left. If I put on the POS I have 3 special left that won't reflect to my online ordering so I have to manually turn it off. This has been my biggest beef because I have limited items on some things and I can't sell them online because the system can't track how many are left.
- Credit Card money is slow to go in, we have not tried paying the extra $25 to make it go in quicker
- Very hard to track Credit card money vs credit card sales as they don't have a good balance sheet system. Sales from one day get combined, deposits get combined
- Ribbons for the kitchen printers are cheap but have to be changed constantly
- Tickets on big orders print very long, would be nice if you could set page breaks for ticket lengths.
- Online ordering - customers call all the time about not getting confirmation
- To add my own I-pad to the system is a extra monthly cost which is too high
- The system was not compatible with my gift cards so I had to buy all new cards and still manually tracking my old cards - They tried to help me with this but my old gift card company would not work with me.
- System has many other useful feature that I would like to use but they cost way too much for small business. If they would charge for the use of the software instead of charging for the program it might be more affordable. A store that has 50 employees vs a store with 10 employees have a lot different budgets.

Loc

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Streamline and solid POS employee facing screen

Revisado el 18/10/2017

Remote reports I can download or pdf a copy. Menu changes that is remote along with daily emails on sales summary. Easy to setup menu also.

Puntos a favor

I liked the system because it had a customer facing screen. I also didn't want to buy my own POS system so I could get updates from the software holder instead of getting stuck with outdated software. I like how they do send us updates and try to improve the system, constantly trying to make it better. I do everything remotely so there are a lot of new features that help with that too. I can pull reports quarterly and sales reports, look at tips and do all the payroll without a different system. Everything can be forwarded directly to my CPA. Even though there are things to improve on, I do recommend the system and like it a lot. I was very careful to pick the right one for the flow of the business, it feels right and after 2 years using it, it still feels great.

Desventajas

More frequent updates to remote manage since I usually work off site. Already does a good job, but lets keep the updates coming. I want to able to edit employee incorrect login times since I am always getting a text from an employee to help them fix it and be able to make discount changes remotely as well.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

CAKE appreciates your thorough and thoughtful review, We're glad more than two years later you are still getting great value from CAKE Point of Sale. We keep innovating our products so that tips and payroll are a snap. We hear your needs about more robust remote management, and we'll send your thoughts to our product development team.

Lawrence
  • Sector: Hostelería

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Why I Love Cake!

Revisado el 15/1/2021

overall the CAke support team has been great. and like i said the hardware rocks although a bit complicated to install so many different pieces.

Puntos a favor

Let me start out and state, I LOVE the hardware. I hate those POS systems that you have to flop around or twist for the customer. This hardware looks professional and works well. Our customers like it to as I sanitize after every transaction and they can see what I am doing. For the most part the software runs well.

Desventajas

I don't like that I cannot access numbers that are not within 120 days. That is a pain as I like to compare figures and also need data from earlier in the year. I hate that. Also the note system should be better and should allow you to add info whenever you need to ... sometimes that is after the transaction and i have to resort to handwritten notes. not fun.

DialedIn CCaaS y Square Point of Sale

Razones para cambiar a CAKE POS

the hardware was the most impressive.
lorenia

good program

Revisado el 9/11/2017

Puntos a favor

When we switched from our old POS to CAKE, we were looking for something faster and easier which is exactly what we got. Our old system had a server and all the data made it super slow. We like having the ipads that take orders faster right at the table. It's a lot easier to update the menu or make changes and I can actually change it from my computer so I don't even have to be in the restaurant. I can do it from home the night before and it'll be ready the next day. I also look at sales reports and employee hours from home a lot too. There's not a lot of user error, and it makes things in general a lot smoother.

Desventajas

the connection with iPad has to refresh often , that means the waitress has to check iPad before going to tables i am not sure is because the system or our connection is very poor.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

CAKE is happy to hear the Avenue Cafe is working smarter, faster, and more easily with CAKE Point of Sale. We make it simple for you to update your menus and manage your restaurant from anywhere, so you get more done while going about your busy day. It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, if you¿d like to reach out to support@trycake.com we'd be happy to help you work through the issue so your hardware is performing as intended. Thank you for choosing CAKE!

Jaime
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

So Easy to Use!

Revisado el 22/11/2017

Puntos a favor

CAKE was our first POS for this location. As far as changing menu items or modifiers or printers it's super easy, hands down way easier than any other program I've used. It's also very easy from a user standpoint for staff members to ring things in and find items. Because it's not overly complicated and just very straightforward it was super easy to get the restaurant up and running when we started out. I use the sales reports and also the time and attendance reports for payroll. It's very convenient to have it as well as remote access. We're also able to see if people delete things prior to payment or after being sent to the kitchen to be made, so we were actually able to catch an employee stealing with that information. Overall I think it's great. If you're thinking about trying it I say go for it. The fees are reasonable, it's nice to have credit card processing straight through it, and when we batch out at the end of the month, we can log in and see easily what the fees were and what we received. I'm very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.

Desventajas

I honestly do not have anything negative to say. However, adding a stylus to the signature pad would be helpful for guests less savvy with tablets.

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Thank you Jaime for using CAKE for the 8th Street Filling Station. CAKE Point of Sale was built to be intuitive and user-friendly for you restaurant. Our reporting makes it easier for you to make data-backed decisions on how best to run your restaurant. Thank you for recommending CAKE Point of Sale!

Charlena

Worth Every Penny

Revisado el 30/3/2021

I find it much easier to get the reports that I need and it tells me what I need without me having to do a lot of calculations.

Puntos a favor

The features for me adding categories and adding items to them is great. I own a bakery and ice cream parlor which has several items under the ice cream category. Cake POS makes it easy for my employees to find items during a rush and we need to move along quickly. I love the reports I get when we close so that I can see immediately how we did without going directly into the system. It was worth the money spent. I loved it so much I bought a second one for the other location.

Desventajas

I wish there was a way to enter my inventory so that I would not have to manually keep up with it.

Kyle

Love CAKE!

Revisado el 21/10/2020

Puntos a favor

My restaurant has been open for 4 years. We started with CAKE POS, and have no plans of switching anytime soon! Never had any issues with the hardware, still using the same touchscreen units. Software has been great, never crashes or loses data or info etc. Very user friendly, straightforward. I have personally programmed our menus and modifiers. We use order pads, just the same as base POS, no learning curve there. We added Guest Manager last year, that has been a great addition. CAKE is constantly updating the software, trying to make it better and more beneficial for their customers. Customer Service has always been Fantastic any and every time I have called with any questions, concerns or issues. I recently had a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Definitely recommend CAKE!

Desventajas

Honestly I can't really think of anything glaring. At times we were like "why can't we split a single food item between two guest." But customer service always offered a solution, even temporary, while developers were working on updates for small complaints like that from customers.

Tara

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Rhop/Uhop

Revisado el 16/10/2023

Very nice

Very nice

Puntos a favor

It's pretty easy to use, definitely easy to maneuver with help from customer service

Desventajas

The payout print out is TOOOO SMALL! I've requested that a few things be tweeked with no resolution to requests

More up to date service

Respuesta de Mad Mobile

Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate the continued support. We will let our success team know about your concerns. And as always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

Tammy

CAKE IS GREAT

Revisado el 26/4/2021

When we can pull a report to tell us the last time a "Tuna Sandwich" sold, that explains why the container as aged out....reports like this help us make menu decisions based on numbers and not just we thinks.

Puntos a favor

The overall CAKE experience has been great from day 1 of asking questions to now 2+ years in business and using it daily. "Patience and care" that we knew what we were getting and the knowledge to work it was the deciding factor for our choosing CAKE.

Desventajas

I miss some of the features from the reports prior to the most recent updates but I like a lot, like the date range being as long or short a time frame as I want, of the new reports. I like the original "Employee Clock-Out Report". I still use it because the new "Payroll" report prints to lightly and is too busy with un-needed columns for my payroll purposes.