Revel Systems

3,7 (327)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Valorado sistema de punto de venta para iPad.

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

327 opiniones

Jim
  • Sector: Ropa y moda
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Excellent System that Works Great

Revisado el 30/10/2017

We have had others system and this just works great for us. It has a pretty good inventory system and a host of reports. The key is its makes the sales process easy. I have no problem giving Revel a strong recommendation.

Puntos a favor

Our company is the merchandise concessionaire for Athletic Events at Army West Point and we are big fans of the Revel System. At our latest game, we had 11 stands and were able to push through almost 2000 transactions in a little over four hours. The system has worked flawless for us and our gross sales is up over 20% this season because of the ease of sales. We added a scanner and the fans love it. Combined with a strong credit card provider we have our sales available for us usually in 48 hours. The system works for us in many locations on batteries and its Verizon wi-fi is very good. If we have wi-fi trouble on site with a large crowd...it holds transaction and puts it through when the wi-fi is up. Our staff...not big techies...has had NO problems after expressing a feeling that the system would make it hard for customers to be serviced. We are big fans because it is helping our business. We now do almost four to one credit cards over cash purchases.

Desventajas

You will find Revel is a little more expensive than other systems. They also make a decent profit on the hardware. But it is clearly you get what you pay for....when you have great service and a strong working system....you have to pay. This is a professional system.

Kiera

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Amazing features and functionality for accurate business analysis

Revisado el 24/7/2018

Give your customer service agents at your call centers raises! I have spent dozens of hours on the phone and talked to numerous people from all over and every single one of them has surpassed all expectations of product knowledge and customer service! That makes a world of difference!

Puntos a favor

The features from a business owner's perspective are unparalleled. Everything is totally customizable tofu the specific and unique needs of individual businesses. The customer service alone makes this worth the money. I have never looked forward to calling customer service before, but the training of the employees of not just product knowledge, but also customer service is absolutely unmatched.

Desventajas

I have three specific areas of opportunity for Revel.
1) Taking payments of split checks (especially when one guest leaves earlier than others) is the worst system of any modern systems I have ever worked with. After splitting the checks, it is impossible to change the way you split the items if one guest has already paid and left. This really needs to be addressed if the product is going to be marketed to full service restaurants that have to deal with split payments on almost every party of 3 or more.
2) While I appreciate its modern focus, it is not easy to work with if a restaurant still uses paper gift certificates.
3) We were a "Guinea Pig" test restaurant for a salesman that had never worked with Revel before. He provided absolutely no help at all in setting up the system as he didn't know much about it himself. Even after he got back from training, he had to call customer service to answer simple questions I had. For such a complex and intricate system, there should be protocols in place for better training of the people selling it to be able to set it up for the customers.

Craig

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Revel Systems for Table Service Lacks VERY VERY VERY Basic Tip Report for Servers

Revisado el 18/5/2017

Before you buy Revel ask the sales rep to try to print a basic tip report with a server log in prior to batching out at the end of the day. It's not currently possible unless you give your server full financial access.

Puntos a favor

Revel Systems syncs with Quickbooks better than any other system I'm aware of. They most often sell the equipment with higher-end networking and wireless access points such as Meraki or Ubiquiti whereas others use residential Netgear, Linksys, or TP Link which jeopardizes the stability of using a tablet as your POS.

Desventajas

This oversight by Revel is ridiculous. However, are you table service and do you need your servers or other employees to take credit card tips out of the cash drawer at the end of their shift? Or leave a receipt in the drawer of how much they took out? If so it's not currently possible with Revision 2.22.9-61 or below for a server to print a basic tip report (unless you give them full financial access which includes labor rates for all other employees.). The iPad assigns the tip to whoever pays out the ticket when the customer leaves. So if your host uses his or her pin to close the ticket and the customer adds a tip that ticket is then assigned to the host rather than the waiter or waitress that helped them on the front end of revel. Furthermore, the manager can't even see a server's tips to pay out the credit card tips accurately from iPad until he or she has batched out at the end of the day. The only solution after two years of trying to remedy this situation for CajunKitchenCafe.com is to pull the report from a laptap on the backend after the point of sale has been batched at the end of the day or put the credit card tips on the employees paycheck which is a huge change to culture for most restaurants that have been in business for as long as Cajun Kitchen.

Debra
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Revel POS system

Revisado el 27/6/2023

Same system used for different areas of our business where we had different POS systems in past. Easier for administration, bookeeping, etc.

Puntos a favor

Offers both retail and restaurant versions of software that works for our company, which includes a retail operation (winery & brewery) as well as a separate cafe operation.

Desventajas

"CRM" customer management is lacking on the management side; purchase reporting only available for periods of 12 months rather than entire history for customer. Reports auto load prior to dates being entered; spend a lot of time waiting for a report to load to then enter actual period wanted for report.Features removed during updates (no longer have receipt option when comping items; for winery/brewery operations we comp out bottles used for tastings on a daily basis and used these receipts routinely, only to have the feature disappear with an update).Quite expensive for our seasonal business; we need several stations during busy months but have to pay quite a bit even when several are not used during slow months.

Chris
Chris

Tons of customizations!

Revisado el 18/9/2017

No other system had the flexibility to provide what we needed. Customization took months to get sorted out (and I am a network engineer during the day). Despite all the hard ships I couldn't imagine switching again. I still experiment with competitors that have lower fees, however can't match half the features and flexibility I get with Revel.

Puntos a favor

The ability to customize the POS
Online ordering built in at decent rate (may be more expensive now)
IPad based (flexibility)
Integrates with many payment processors (heads up on gateway fees)

Expensive
Seems like they are moving to a la carte pricing structure (more expensive)
Customer Support is based in Philippines, while sometimes good they don't really understand sometimes

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you like the flexibility you get with Revel.

Our Support team, however, is no longer based in the Philippines, as of about a year and a half ago. We have U.S. and Lithuanian-based Support now and we have gotten great feedback.

Hope your experiences of late have been great ones.

Steve

We were sold a Lemon

Revisado el 16/6/2023

It is a terrible system

It is a terrible system

Puntos a favor

Possibly the inventory, everything else is just average

Desventajas

I feel that I was the Ginney pig of this product. Your customer help line is the worst

Alternativas consideradas

Toast POS

Razones para elegir Revel Systems

I thought it would help with inventory

Razones para cambiar a Revel Systems

I thought I could trust the [sensitive content hidden] to help us with the product. He does not return my calls and my system is not working correctly. I constantly have my credit cards freezing, which causes customers to get double charged and then I have to refund them
Michael

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Only good if your needs are very Basic

Revisado el 23/4/2018

Overall Revel is a total letdown and will be replaced by year end with a better system, lots of things we were promised could be done require using their "Open API" which costs more per month than the entire POS system does for 5 stations. We were not told about the API pricing upfront (or that there was even a cost at all, it was pitched like it was included in the regular fee) just that we could use the API to do everything we told them we needed to do, my project manager informed me of the API pricing during our implementation, when I called out the sales rep for never mentioning the additional cost despite repeated conversations about how critical this was she told me "its not my job to tell you the pricing for the API since that's not my department"

It is also very difficult to impossible to find and load an order in the dashboard by customer. You have to load the customers orders report, find the customer in the list, click show orders, note the order number, then go to the order history report and then you can click through to the order, why isn't the order number under customers order a hyperlink to take me to the order?

They made a systems change to batch process updates to the POS instead of in realtime, we have a custom app that we use for check ins when a customer comes into the store and it adds customers to the revel system so we can link them to a sale and track close rate etc. They used to sync in real time from the dashboard to the stations, after a recent update it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes for the customers to pull down from the revel dashboard. I have verified they show up on the dashboard instantly as they should, there is just a major delay in syncing back to the iPads now that was not there before the update.

Reporting is very weak in certain areas, you can't view profit by anything other than employee which is worthless if you don't have pay rates loaded which we don't since we aren't using that aspect of the system.

When we receive inventory in the store, we upload it into the revel dashboard via their excel template this works about 75% of the time, the rest of the time it just silently fails, you will never receive any notice that it failed, where it failed etc. So now before I do any uploads, I do an export of what we have immediately before so when it fails I can compare to the inventory after the partial upload to figure out where the import stopped so I can import the rest.

I could keep going but bottom line is if your needs are more than barebones or you are not a restaurant you should look elsewhere for a much better solution.

Puntos a favor

Overall they have a nice POS interface and it is pretty stable. Their pricing is also pretty good for the base system.

Desventajas

Functions are hard to find
Very much geared towards restaurants, so if you are in another business be prepared to see restaurant specific stuff all over you can't turn off
Material changes to the way things work with zero notice
Can only see profit margin by employee no P&L type report.
Inventory uploads regularly fail with no notice, and no way to tell what was added without doing a manual compare of before and after and trying again with the additional items.

Hi Michael,

I am truly sorry about your experience and I have shared your feedback with our sales management team, as well as the customer service team.

I am confident that once we get we get a bit more info from you, we will be able to come to a resolution in terms of API and reporting. Our customer service team will be happy to follow up on any outstanding issues you have.

Santiago

• Asistencia al cliente

Best and more robust system in the market

Revisado el 24/2/2018

Puntos a favor

The best thing about this System is the easy and intuitive interface. It greatly facilitates the operations of the day and allows us to always work in a better way. It has, also, a number of options and improvements that allow me to adapt to my needs, especially the part of the discounts. They are the best!

Desventajas

The bad thing is the implementation, being such a complete software it takes a long time to configure all the functions to your liking to work in a better way. However, with practice and patience, it is possible to get ahead.

Hi Santiago,

Thank you so much for the 5-stars! So glad to hear that Revel is working well for your business. Our product team has worked hard to make improvements to the Discount functionality so it's great to hear that you are a fan!

Revel is definitely robust and can take a bit of extra time to configure, but, we agree, that once you get it set up for your business, you will be happy about your decision.

Thank you again!

• Sector: Producción audiovisual

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Revel is a smart choice for small business owners looking to use the iPad as their POS

Revisado el 30/4/2018

A POS system that is reliable most of the time.

A POS system that is reliable most of the time.

Puntos a favor

There are many POS providers out there today but I think Revel does a great job for small business owners. They utilize a familiar hardware (iPad) and turn it into a POS system that's easy to navigate. Being in a rush or training new employees can be a disaster if you have the wrong POS system but Revel does a great job with their easy layout.

Desventajas

Customer service can be disastrous at times, especially if your POS system is down during a rush. It doesn't happen frequently but it does happen so you should be aware of that before making your choice.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for the review and feedback!

We are sorry to hear that you do experience the occasional outage -- if you have additional info regarding an issue of that nature, we would love to hear it to address it with our agents and engineers.

Please feel free to contact me at community@revelsystems.com.

Kind Regards,

• Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Good idea, good realization on the hardware concept, but buggy software

Revisado el 27/8/2019

Sales, inventory, predictions, CRM, marketing - all nicely done.

Sales, inventory, predictions, CRM, marketing - all nicely done.

Puntos a favor

It is full wifi, full cloud, very versatile and very nice and sleek.

Desventajas

iOS only, apple only, comes out expensive, heavy toll on the pay as you go needs (licensing tied to number of terminals)

Alternativas consideradas

Square Point of Sale

Razones para cambiar a Revel Systems

Better overall quality.

Revel POS Systems for Restaurants

Revisado el 15/12/2023

Revel kept deducting fees from our checking account for 2 months AFTER we closed our business! We informed them in advance of the sale of our business so that there were no surprises. We are a small mom & pop business and needed those funds. The new [sensitive content hidden] did not like the Revel system at all and went to Toast POS instead. We have been unable to be reimbursed for the months that we were closed and [sensitive content hidden] who processes the credit cards has ignored our requests. He has made plenty of money from us and yet continued to deduct money out of our account.

Puntos a favor

Not much. Poor customer service and follow up.

Desventajas

Difficult training the staff all the nuisances in learning the system. Managers also had a difficult time with the reports.

Emily

Full of Glitches

Revisado el 7/11/2016

We've been with Revel for about 8 months now. I am on the phone with customer support weekly, nearly daily. Our initial integration with Quickbooks was not well supported by their staff and eventually I had to just teach myself how to get the system set up and integrated. We have constantly had issues that when I contact customer service they tell me they don't know why it happened and it must be a glitch in the software. My credit card machine broke after 7 months and Revel could not figure out how to fix it so I called the manufacturer and they told me it was a software issue. Revel's solution was to trade in for a new one, rather than try to figure out what the software issue was. The first customer service agent I spoke to did not even have the manual for the pin pad that I was using.

Multiple times Revel has stopped speaking to Quickbooks without warning and our data has not been pushed through as it should. I've been told that the exchange feature that is built in to the front end of the system does not actually work and so we should stop using it and do a work around so that our entries into Quickbooks will be correct. My completed invoices have gotten stuck between the Ipad and the back office and the payments have therefore not been received into Quickbooks until I discovered the problem. Revel has multiple times overtaken Quickbooks and changed the vendor information in Quickbooks. After multiple phone calls to customer support for a single issue I've eventually been told that my system is out of date and that's what's causing the problem, but it was never brought up in initial phone calls. In the same vein, there is no indication from Revel that I should update the system. In fact for the last update, the app told me that it was the most up to date, but finally on the back end of Revel there was a warning that I needed to update or my system would be obsolete. In fact I was running the most up to date version of the app, but what needed to be done was to download an entirely new app-that was not made clear in Revel's warning, I just happened to figure it out myself. Furthermore, had I not happened to log into Revel's back end on that particular day, I would not have known that I was required to update.

One day the back office stopped sending our daily emailed reports. When I spoke to customer support they told me that it was because the email addresses where the report was sent were separated by commas and not semi-colons. When I mentioned that the commas had been working for 7 months they told me that it was due to an update on their back end that now required semi-colons. When asked how I was supposed to know that and change it I was told that it had been a "known issue" for over a month and that some businesses had a problem and some didn't so they didn't let customers know about the issue.

With all the issues I've had, I've never been able to speak to a supervisor or had any kind of conciliatory gesture like a reduced price made for me and in fact had to pay shipping to and from returning my credit card machine. When I speak to customer service about issues related to Quickbooks integration, they are not trained on Quickbooks so generally cannot help me.

Overall the system is extremely glitchy and inconsistent. It cannot be counted on to work the same way from day to day.

Puntos a favor

-When it works it is more robust and better at speaking to Quickbooks than any other POS systems that we've used.

Desventajas

There are many, many issues that I can't explain because it works fine one day and not at all the next, with no reason.
-Past POS companies have emailed me monthly updates about changes that are coming and information about updating the app or problems that have been discovered. Revel does no such thing.

Hi Emily,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced frustration with the QuickBooks integration. I've looked into your support ticket history and it looks like support has resolved your most recent ticket. Additionally, in reviewing your QuickBooks support history with a QB Support Specialist, it appears that our sync has paused most frequently following deletion or removal of QuickBooks records, which the system references. This would be true with any accounting and point-of-sale integration and we recommend that customers do not delete Revel created accounts or records. In an effort to resolve this, our next release will include an enhancement where Revel and QuickBooks notify each other of deleted records to prevent syncing issues.

We send emails alerting customers about coming updates and features and it may be that you've accidentally unsubscribed.

I've asked our Client Relations team to reach out to you to resolve any outstanding issues and provide you with additional customer service. Thank you for your feedback.

Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Justin
  • Sector: Muebles

100% Fail - Waste of Valuable Time and Money

Revisado el 16/6/2017

Long and short, our experience with the Revel systems POS (our intent is to use it in Retail application) has been a nightmare. The problems started early on in being sold hardware components that were not designed to work in the way we needed to utilize them - despite us being very detailed in what we needed - and despite the Sales reps assurances they would (specifically the barcode scanners and printers). We purchased our system in Mid-March but due to delays in the build-out of our store front and arrival of inventory components we were not actually able to begin the on-boarding/product and inventory load until Mid-May and that's when things turned awful.

Our initial product information load seemed to go well, however when we attempted to load the corresponding inventory via the method instructed it would not load. Come to find out we were given incorrect instructions and fields/information that should have been on the load sheet were not there. That issue began 5/15 and was finally resolved 5/17. On 5/16 another set of issues started during the attempt at setting up our receipt with logo, company info, etc (figured we'd do that while the inventory thing got figured out. Wrong!) That was finally figured out and resolved by our onboard rep on 5/17 at the end of the day... with zero explanation as to what the issue was and if it could happen again. Since we were finally able to go ahead and get the first phase of products/inventory info loaded (our onboard rep did it for us because no matter what or how we tried it was unsuccessful) we scheduled our POS front end training on 5/19 - which also was a bust because we learned that none of our printers were correctly configured before our system was sent. This also stalled us from being able to barcode the items in the store until 5/26 when that issue was finally resolved with one of our barcode printers and the receipt printer (it is now 6/15 and the second printer for our warehouse still hasn't been configured... we have literally been dealing with daily issues with the backend system and front end system all this time and haven't even been able to address that yet).

Other issues that occurred (that are now resolved but no one can explain the how or why it happened, or will it happen again?) where the backend system spontaneously dumped my login information on 6/7. Our rep basically had to reset me up (2 more days down). Thought we were finally good... got to the actual POS and discovered that the login PINs for myself and 3 of our employees did not work (despite the 3 employees info being present and correct in the backend - my information erased again and defaulted to a generic 1234). Got that sorted a couple days later.

This weeks issue has been with the integration to Quick Books online. The POS is sending inaccurate info to QBO - and of course, no one can tell us why, or worse, how to correct it. One generally assumes that in business accurate financial reporting is kind of a thing... I mean Revel hasn't had a problem charging us the monthly fee all this time and I'm sure they track that somewhere, right?

Naturally in the month from 5/15 to today, 6/15, we finally hit our limit and requested information on returning the system (being willing to take the risk of being without a POS system at our opening and just processing manually through QBO). Our onboard rep passed us on to Client Relations and a few days later we finally get a generic, and frankly offensive, email from customer rep that in no way acknowledged our issues and frustrations - but instead had a copy of our Revel contact attached. I assume the point was to put it out there that Revel only has a 30 day return policy (keep in mind rep didn't say that in his email... he pretty much implied "figure it out for yourself"). Of course, since we bought our system in March we are well beyond the 30 day limit.

I really could keep going. I am just shy of now 100 emails back and forth about issue, after issue, after issue - none of which truly got any clear resolution or explanation.

I'll save you some time. Do not buy this system. Its bad, the customer support is worse, and like us some of you will likely end up tossing a system in the storage room and going to another platform.

Desventajas

Please see comments for a play by play and definitely look to other systems (the more I look into this, the more negative reviews I am finding that are sadly similar to our own).

Gary

• Asistencia al cliente

WORST POS EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!

Revisado el 17/3/2018

Not in mixed company

Not in mixed company

Puntos a favor

It looks nice and professional on our iPad. To look at the homepage, you'd (think) it was a sophisticated system.

Desventajas

Rather than crashing the site with my bitter, endless ranting about this POS, (and no, that does not stand for "Point Of Sale"), let me just say this: This is THE most unintuitive system we have EVER used. And no, that is not just my opinion. With 6 other employees who use this thing (and 2 of them are former IT professionals), every single one of us agree it is truly the worst. NOTHING is where you would think it should be, and once you find it, you're going to have to go through multiple steps to find what you're looking for. There are multiple ways to perform many functions, but only one of those methods actually work. It's up to you to figure out which way will work. For example, you can hit the "add customer" button but it doesn't really ad them. You have to go to another screen to ad the customer and this method usually works, but you have to figure this stuff out on your own. And when you tell customer service about something that doesn't work, they just tell you "oh yeah, you can't do it that way." Well, why there is an option to do it that way? And the "backend" is just a cruel joke. I don't even bother to try and see what my employees have sold anymore because it's simply too much effort and headache to look anything up. There is no place where you can simply look up a customer, see what they purchased and their contact, shipping info. All of these steps must be done painstakingly separately. And their customer service people seem to know they're trying to help you with a shit product. Lots of long periods of silence on the phone as they try desperately to find a nice way of telling you there is no way to get the damn thing to do the elementary task you need it to do. Oh, and the cost.

Hi Gary,

I have reached out to you via email directly to collect your feedback. That invitation is still open and our product developers are always looking for customer input on functionality and UI.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Software Advice, regardless. I am sorry to hear you have experienced frustration with our platform and we are continually working to improve Revel.

Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Revel

Kendra
  • Software usado Otro durante 1-5 meses

REVEL POS System: A Huge Mistake w/ Painful Ripple Effects

Revisado el 19/8/2017

A Huge Mistake w/ Painful Ripple Effects. I want to convey concise specifics regarding where the decision to purchase the REVEL system went wrong without emotion but this process from start to finish coupled with the loss and major internal labor dollars, cuts deep!

Before signing we did our due diligence, as best we knew how. Our team read the pro and con reviews. We took particular note of one review which said get everything in writing prior to signing. Our attempt to do so was to compile an excel doc that listed specifics of everything we needed the system to do for our custom bakery. We received a “yes” we can on the majority of the listed items. Our team sent multiple emails and cataloged them all, from pre-purchase, sales rep dialogue, on-boarding, initial program management, daily questions to various on-boarding team members, help line conference calls, management team conference calls, to and the summary of where the REVEL system failed us miserably. If you would like this information, we would be more than happy to forward you our packet of information. We hired an intern for 6 weeks who worked in tandem with a permanent team member, solely for the purpose of manage the on-boarding and conversion process; with the intent of expediting our transition from our old POS system to new REVEL system.

Our internal plan was so effective that within 2 weeks of receiving the equipment, we were able to ascertain that the REVEL system would not align with our business model. Our internal conversion team learned the platform so well, that they were able to ascertain operational components of the software the help desk and our assigned project manager was not aware (use of modifiers and order category classifications). Our team hit the ground running the day after the contract was signed.

Puntos a favor

IOS IPad functionality. Delivered product to store front quickly. If you have limited customization needs, the entry of products may prove easy.

Desventajas

On-boarding process. Inability to own product customization challenges. No provision in contract for when the product does not work with your business model as they initially advocated.

Hi Kendra,

I am sorry to see that we were not able to meet your expectations. If you have specific requests during the sales process that were not rendered by the system we are happy to review them. However, in our director-level review of your inquiries of the system and needs during the sales process, we have delivered the product as stated.

I have taken a look into your ticket history and work with our client relations team and, as mentioned, we are more than happy to build out enhancement requests and expedite as needed. We understand that you may not wish to work with us and we do apologize that your experience was not what you had anticipated despite many attempts to understand your specific needs. We have many clients with similar setups, but, of course, we could always use input for further product development.

Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Bob

2 years of ongoing crap

Revisado el 11/3/2018

I wish I'd gotten another POS. Am actively looking for another, despite knowing how destructive this would be to implement.

Puntos a favor

Somewhat aesthetically pleasing, so customers comment sometimes. Overall everyone who actually uses it hates it.

Desventajas

Where do I even start. Personally the jump in per month fees with no notice and no explanation *tops* my list. Also we reported to them extremely basic functionality that's broken. There the slowness, no notice backwards updates, customer support, did I mention it's slow slow slow. The release updates that are inadequately tested. Then they're arrogant as hell about it. Don't even get me started on how painful, slow and counter-intuitive the backend is.

Hi Bob,

We would be happy to help you out, but unfortunately, cannot locate you based on the info in this review. We are sorry to hear you have had a poor experience.

We have been able to maintain prices significantly below industry alternatives for an extended period of time, but, as with any software subscription, we do periodically have to increase our price to continue to provide the service that you deserve as a loyal customer. We will continue to strive to deliver you the best features available at the lowest possible price.

We are happy to set up a time to hear your feedback directly -- please feel free to get in touch via community@revelsystems.com.

Josh

• Probabilidad de recomendación 4.0 /10

An expensive

Revisado el 10/5/2017

The Revel system is not for all businesses. The sales reps will tell you that the Revel system is capable of everything that all other POS systems will do. However to accomplish the same functions as others it is not as easy as they make it seem.

We have considered switching to an alternate POS system because the complicated structure of the Revel system takes quite a bit of work to manage.

Puntos a favor

The employee management features are good. It easy to create employee schedules and track employee profits and sales.

Desventajas

We switched to Revel from QuickBooks POS because we wanted to move to a cloud based POS. Our goal was to be able to manage our retail store and build an e-commerce business. We were told that the Revel system was capable of everything that QuickBooks POS did and much more. However, once we began building it out we quickly realized it was not capable of doing what the sales rep told us it would nor did it have many of the features we used in QB.

It took us nearly six months to completely rebuild our entire inventory system, because Revel did not support selling a single product by multiple units of measure (ex. soda by the can, case or 6 pack). Now that we finally have the system in place we've had problems with the inventory management system giving us false quantities resulting in over purchasing and/or running out of key products.

They also release new system updates and products every couple of months, however the new releases often have problems and many of the tech support personnel have no idea how to fix problems.

Louise
  • Sector: Hostelería

WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM

Revisado el 1/2/2021

very poor

very poor

Puntos a favor

The local (Australian) staff who sold it to us, were helpful and it all went well. No longer managed by Australian staff and it went down hill from then.
Really have little good to say about it after 3 years of use.

Desventajas

Offered a one off fee relief of $200 during shutdown. Every other app gave 100% fee relief or significant discounts.
Cost of hardware was for fixed period, but they offered no discount once that period was over. Basically intend to charge for the cost of the hardware, indefinitely.
Support is provided by eastern European call centre. Pleasant and helpful but a minor language barrier.
Cant do many basic things you'd expect. Such as a set menu with course options
Level of integration is extremely poor. Basically all at additional cost. Including integration with essential accounting app, which they claim in advertising is integrated. Its not.

Kim
  • Sector: Ropa y moda
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

Unreliable

Revisado el 1/2/2018

This is the most unreliable system I have ever used. The support team are not trained equally. Some are helpful and give you a lot of detail to make sure you have everything in place properly. Others simply do not know & dismiss the need to ask or transfer you to someone else. We have two stores, both with this system. We closed both stores to conduct physical inventory. After being on the phone a full day the day before we began the actual inventory, closing for 1 week and paying employees for working inventory, only to find out the original tech support didn’t sell us the app we needed, did not tell us we had to purchase the app for each individual that planned on counting & did not properly instruct us on the setting up of our backend for inventory, not one item we counted was able to sync. 1 full week, 2 locations, closed = 0 income, employees payroll for inventory = 0, this was completely hurtful to a small business and no responsibility was excepted by Revelup. The tech support said exactly “every computer app or system does have its own issues, they all have a glitch” Thank you revelup

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration with troubleshooting the Physical Inventory App. I do see that your help desk tickets are now resolved and we do apologize if you had to call into Support more than once to get it figured out.

I have escalated your case to our customer relations team to ensure we address all of your needs. It looks like you joined Revel by way of our partner, Intuit, and we do apologize if your Intuit rep was not in possession of the info you needed to perform Inventory using Revel. You do have a Revel account executive and the customer relations team will be happy to share their info with you.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Innovative QSR POS solution, terrible customer service and poor reliability

Revisado el 4/10/2016

Although it’s an innovative product, the quality of customer service is horrible. Three of our restaurants in Europe run on Revel and we have seen significant decrease in stability / consistency. Frequent updates in recent months have caused complete service failure during lunch time (as updates seem to come in at exactly that time). Our account manager is basically helpless, and can only offer us to pay hefty fees to their consultants as well as VIP services in order for us to get support. Far behind NetPos which we use in our other outlets!

We halted now the implementation of Revel across our 5 restaurants concepts with 70 outlets and are looking to switch to another provider. Further we tried to implement our mobile app with Revel’s API, turned out it is basically unusable at this stage due to limitation of calls we can make to it.

-Innovative cloud based solution
-Low Capex vs. other full fledged POS solutions
-Hardware can be purchased separate

Desventajas

-Poor reliability, frequent updates / changes to the system make it difficult to maintain. Updates which are not announced cause a lot of disruptions in restaurant
-Poor customer service
-API is poorly documented, limited calls allowed

Hello Chris,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with your system and support. We definitely want to be sure to meet your customer service needs. I will be reaching out to you directly to learn more about how we can turn things around here. We're also happy to work with partners to increase API calls. We do set a limit at the outset of our relationship with our partners but we are always available to increase limits if we realize there is a specific need for one of our valued merchants. Revel's Business Development team will work with the partner providing you the integrated service to find an immediate solution. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for bringing it to our attention.

Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Kerry
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Dissapointing product and support

Revisado el 18/2/2019

I stuck with Revel for the first two years of my business because of the desktop QuickBooks integration, which made things easier on my accountant and myself for bookkeeping. Now that they no longer host a Sync app, they are trying to force everyone onto QB online. The support agent I spoke to claimed that there was no way to export the data manually to desktop.

The system was clearly designed for restaurants and mangled into a retail space. There are all kinds of restaurant related options that are unrelated to a retail boutique, but have to be navigated around. Many issues with dashboard navigation, ability to adjust errors without complicating inventory accounting, etc. I've tried to call during peak business times to solve customer issues and been kept on hold for literally hours. When I tried to reach out to the sales person who sold me the system, all emails and calls went unreturned.

After 2 years of fighting with this system to make it work in my space, with terrible support and a high suprise costs, I'm giving up. The last reason I held out was the ease of passing through to my accountant. Now that that has been made even more difficult, I will be switching to another system this summer.

Formerly integrated with QuickBooks desktop
Offline sales if internet goes down
Somewhat intuitive POS station (still some issues)

Desventajas

Eliminated Desktop integration on short notice
Back end dashboard is difficult to navigate
Customer service can have EXTEMELY long wait times
Sales team is unreachable after you start paying

Respuesta de Revel Systems

Thank you for your feedback, Kerry. We apologize for the frustrating and disappointing experience you've had; someone from Revel will be reaching out soon to see what can be done to make things right.

Christian

Buyer beware!

Revisado el 25/7/2023

Horrible

Horrible

Puntos a favor

The only reason we considered Revel was because of IOS compaitiblity.

Desventajas

Bait and switch. Our monthly subscription started and $350. It is now for (with the same # of POS stations) $750. Originally you could use your own merchant account. Now you have to pay an additional $150 a month to use your own provider. I finally switched to a different POS provider. When I called to cancel, Revel says I renewed FOR THREE YEARS by a pop up screen. None of my employees saw the "pop up contract". Stay away horribly unethical company.

Claire
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Great program!

Revisado el 31/12/2016

We use Revel as our point of sales system at the restaurant I work in. After switching to revel from a previous program, I was immediately pleased with how easy and intuitive the program is. Splitting checks is extremely easy to do, no matter how many you have to split it into. This was not the case with our old program. It allows the ability to color code categories and even put an image on a button. Another excellent feature is that servers cannot swipe a card or cash out a bill that is not under their name. This eliminates report mix-ups and the hassle of having to calculate how much of another server's tips you ended up with and owe back to them because it can't happen. Overall, Revel was an excellent upgrade and continues to be an excellent program.

Puntos a favor

How intuitive and easy to use it is

Doesn't calculate tip percentages

Hello Claire,

What awesome feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

I will contact you directly to learn more about your suggestions for how we can better handle tip percentages.

Again, much appreciated.
Sarah, Community Manager at Revel Systems

judy
  • Sector: Hostelería

• Probabilidad de recomendación 3.0 /10

Keep your needs basic and it will be great

Revisado el 11/7/2023

it has been a good first 7 years until we had to change to Adyen and installed online ordering, qr ordering

Puntos a favor

when the internet goes down Revel continues on for a couple of days with cash payments

Desventajas

its has become less service friendly now that all calls go to overseas and seems to be more tech orientated than customer user orientated

bradley

• Probabilidad de recomendación 1.0 /10

Unstable POS with little customer support

Revisado el 28/7/2015

Puntos a favor

The ability to take orders at a table when it is stable

Desventajas

The Revel POS system continually drops out, the backend continually goes down. Our Revel support officer in Sydney claims he is not aware of anyone else having issues. I have phoned several other businesses today, they are all having issues with the Revel dropping out, backend going down, can't reach main POS. Poor customer service based in another country. We are meant to be VIP customers so revel says. Our inventory system is still not working after 5 months. After reading many reviews it seems we are not the only people. No one in Sydney can make decisions and they admit they are left in the dark by America, with one sales consultant admitting it seems we have become another American corporation with no customer support. In over 5 years in Hospitality i have never come across such a poor product that misrepresented.

Respuesta de Revel Systems

Bradley, many thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that you have not had a great experience. As discussed we have been working hard with your team to resolve your issues and one month on things are looking a lot better. Unfortunately things don’t always go to plan however Revel is committed to excellent customer support and also committed to helping Local Shack have restored faith in Revel and get you to the point of being a happy customer. We will continue to check in on a daily basis until you feel that things have greatly improved. We have also increased our local support team to cope with the increased demand for Revel. Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,