Buildium

4,5 (2.033)
¡Escribe una opinión!
Software de gestión de propiedades basado en la nube

(2.033)
Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

2033 opiniones

Siddhartha
Siddhartha
  • Sector: Contabilidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Best property management assistant!

Revisado el 23/8/2019

Buildium has helped to share the Rental Owner Statement with the clients, by directly providing them access to it, which allows them to view their rental income details. This software doesn't have much complications as compared to other Property Management software.

Puntos a favor

1. Buildium is the one of the best software for Rental and property management accounting
2. It is fast and reliable.
3. It enables convenient emailing.

Desventajas

There are very less limitations to Buildium, it just sometimes, seems quite time consuming.

AppFolio Property Manager y Propertyware

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

Buildium is a software that not only makes accounting on properties an easy task, but also gives the user additional benefits like access to emailing. It is very convenient to use and easy to understand.
Patricia Lynn

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Buildium makes my work life easier

Revisado el 23/1/2023

The overall experience has been very easy because we had so much customer service assistance. The switch has been a lot easier than we thought. We’re going on a year now and we couldn’t be happier. This is our first tax accounting season using the Buildium program from what I heard it’s been very easy to do

Puntos a favor

I work with maintenance daily and I love how easy it is for me to use for all aspects of maintenance from work orders to vendor payments. I love being able to track tenants payments in real time and explain to them if and Why something is the way it is without having to pull out files and do a lot of intense research because it’s all right in front of you. I like being able to look up vendors payments, and total cost of repairs for certain jobs. I also like the ease of billing tenants for their repairs and adding to the lease ledger. I enjoy our office staff can all see what’s going on with the repair over the tenant with ease.

Desventajas

I don’t know that much about the accounting aspect, which I blame myself for. I need to take some buildium academy accounting classes as I really don’t work that much on that end of the business.

Hi Patricia Lynn,

Thank you so much for your review. Seeing that Buildium is helping you so much is super-satisfying. Definitely check out Buildium Academy when you've got the time, because it's got some thorough accounting lessons.

I hope Buildium is helping make your first tax season with us quick and easy.

Cheers,
Charlie

JASON
  • Sector: Diseño
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Revisado el 9/1/2020

Puntos a favor

None at the moment. I am appalled with the company at the moment after using the system for 5 years.

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Is anyone else having trouble getting hold of a human being at Buildium?!?!?!?!? I was on hold for 5 hours yesterday! Till the system disconnected me. No customer service agents available. I called the sales department and immediately a human answered. They were very nice but had no way of transferring my call to anywhere else in the company, not even a manger.

It is day 2 now and no answer from Buildium. The sales line and the customer service line both have an automatic answer that there is a company meeting.

My call is regarding the FORTE automatic payment system which has received funds from our renters but is not transferring funds to our account. I find it very suspicious that a company is:

1. Receiving funds for rent transactions but not paying the property company the rent.

2. The Customer support line is so busy that it can not answer calls.

3. The sales department answers immediately with a live person yet can not transfer a call to a service agent or a manager.

4. Sales can call me back directly the same day to up sell me a product while I am still having no call back form a manager or service agent.

5. I leave my contact number several times with a live person. Sales reaches me at my number yet I get an email from service that they can not reach me at a good number.

6. I send a reply email to service and give them my number that sales used to call me and I get a reply email from service that I need to supply a con

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. I understand that you and our Customer Care Team Lead, Seth, have worked through any issues you've encountered.

We're happy to report we've grown our customer care team, and you should no longer be experiencing wait times
as you had previously.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review.

The Buildium Team

Kolton

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great product with incredible customer service

Revisado el 23/1/2024

Overall, the service has well exceeded my expectations!

Overall, the service has well exceeded my expectations!

Puntos a favor

The customer service is one of the best parts of Buildium.

Desventajas

There is no way to track effectively the unit turnover process

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

Buildium had no minimum amount of units required so it was the best option when starting out with less than 50 units in the portfolio.

Respuesta de RealPage

Thanks for your review, Kolton. We're happy customer care has been a great resource for you!

Kim
Kim
  • Sector: Instituciones religiosas

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Buildium is a fabulous choice for any in the property management biz

Revisado el 20/8/2019

We've been using Buildium for a couple of years now and are very satisfied with it.

Puntos a favor

I like the clarity of the way the information is set up and ease of use. Having the Buildium Academy to train is a HUGE bonus.

Desventajas

I have issues with one area, and that is with the deposit disposition when leaving, but part of that is my fault.

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

We chose primarily on price, ease of use and responsiveness of support. Frankly, Buildium was the best and has proven to be a great move! I can tell that Real Estate professionals were instrumental in the creation of this program!
Emmett
Emmett

Great Software!!!

Revisado el 23/1/2020

We are able to get much better organized, be on top of things.

We are able to get much better organized, be on top of things.

Puntos a favor

It is a pure property management software. It has one thing in mind...managing real estate.

Desventajas

The financial angle is not great. If you know the work arounds, it is OK.

It also does not have a sales tax component like HST or GST in Canada.

Yardi Voyager

outgrew old software

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

Ease of use, did not have to pay for training and set-up
luis
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

best program ever

Puntos a favor

the program is very easy to use and extremely helpful

Desventajas

the app is a little finicky and doesnt work very well.

Respuesta de RealPage

Thank you, Luis! We're glad you decided to choose Buildium.

Ty
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Great Online Tenant Portal and Property Management Software

Puntos a favor

Accepting payments from tenants and the online tenant portal is very easy to use and onboard our residents.

Desventajas

The accounting is convoluted and complicated. You have to learn a lot of the terminology and its really build like a supertool for accounting

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

It was the most affordable option that also had a lot of visual quality.

Respuesta de RealPage

Thanks for the review, Ty! Be sure to check out Buildium Academy for more detail on navigating the robust accounting features we offer.

Usuario verificado
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Real Estate Property Management

Revisado el 22/6/2021

Puntos a favor

Buildium offers an array of features to help with property management and its interface is very user friendly. To go on, if you make any errors while using this software it can be easily fixed. As well, accounting is very easy to manage and seamless. Lastly, the customer services is very prompt and helpful.

Desventajas

Buildium is missing a few features that would be desired. One feature is connecting bank account transactions to the actual accounting software for expenses. The other feature that is missing is a payroll feature for salaried employees.

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

Features, pricing, mobile/web interface, and customer service
Andrew
  • Sector: Consultoría de gestión
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great program! Extremely user friendly and easy to use.

Revisado el 26/10/2023

The overall experience was a great one so far. Just scratching the service as we went live this past month but anticipate the portal making our jobs a lot easier as we get more familiarized with it.

Puntos a favor

The ease of accessibility and the ability to navigate through the portal without any prior training and get to where I needed to be with little or no difficulty. A much better program than the last one our company was on.

Desventajas

The portal does not come with a personal Keurig! :)

Respuesta de RealPage

Thanks for your review, Andrew! While we can't help with adding a Keurig, we do appreciate your kind words!

Diane

Buildium Builds Confidence in Our Owners and Tenants

Revisado el 8/8/2019

I have come to rely on Buildium always being there when I need to enter information into the system or to generate a report or look up a transaction. I can't remember ever having a time when the system was down or not available. Not having to worry about this gives me peace of mind, and in a sometimes hectic environment, this is important. Buildium is dependable.

Puntos a favor

I use Buildium daily and rely on it to enter information that will be used to generate monthly and annual reports. The finished product is easy to read and looks very professional. Our owners know they are in good hands when they can easily see where there money is spent and feel confident that we are protecting their investment. For our tenants, they really like being able to pay their rent on line, saving them time and money. If I have an issue that needs to be resolved, I know I can count on Buildium's customer service department to answer my questions quickly and accurately.

Desventajas

I understand how this software works now because I have been using it for the past several years, however, there was a little bit of a learning curve. Because I know the limitations of Buildium and how to get around them, there is less and less that I don't like about the software.

AppFolio Property Manager, Rentec Direct y SimplifyEm

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

I chose Buildium because it was affordable and fairly easy to use. I liked the ease it offers my tenants to pay online and how simple it is to pay my owners.

Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We know what a tough job property management can be, and we're so happy that we can help bring you peace-of-mind!

We appreciate you as a loyal customer!

Best,

The Buildium Team

Ryan
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Opt for Monthly over Yearly at discounted rate

Revisado el 3/9/2019

Benefits realized would be never opting to save 10% for a yearly contract when a company fails to stand behind their product. As a property manager my success mainly relies on tenants being happy with their situation I'm always perplexed when I deal with vendors that don't share that same idea.

Puntos a favor

The added features and collaborations with other products such as Happy Co. Inspector and other features were a huge selling point.

Desventajas

On-boarding process was horrible, were given two options but the options we choose meant we never truly implemented the software, constantly we were pushed back month after month without being operational except for two properties. Balance and accounting sheet were never resolved. Repeatedly postponed and after months of not having the software work as suggested it would asked to be reimbursed for remaining months not even for a total refund which was denied under the condition that this is a 'self-service' software. If we had chosen month to month option we would of discontinued use of this product after two months. Unable to find an amicable resolution and thus will continue to use this product for the only two properties that were properly entered until the contract ends and discontinue service. The quality of their employees is very high and were easy to deal with but resolutions never truly came and sadly they didn't stand behind their product enough to understand that the on-boarding was never successful and meet a fair resolution. Was offered two months for free after 6 months of not being fully on-boarded.

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

For ease of use, until actually using the product. If on-boarding this product make sure to have them implement everything for you, as there is no getting around the extremely long on-boarding process and entering our own information conflicted heavily with the entire process despite being assured that it wouldn't be. An example of a new company that hasn't truly learned or vetted their on-boarding process.
Dustin
  • Sector: Hostelería

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Will never use another program

Revisado el 13/8/2020

Buildium had always been the go to for me. It's user friendly for staff and extremely user friendly for my residents and older residents that aren't as technologically inclined. Anyone can use it. And when my older residents are confused they can call the hotline and get customer services from the team rather than calling is office during off hpurs.

Puntos a favor

The ease of importing all of our data and getting everything set up specifically for our hoa property. Everything we needed and none of the rental stuff we didn't. The team assisting us in seeing up the system has been incredible.

Desventajas

There is nothing I dislike. I would love to have the ability to shower multiple chargers on statements for dues and assessment and have those both track. But the team has shown me a way we can do that until the update team has created that ability.

Entrata

Razones para elegir Buildium

Our PMC used this product and when it came time to part we ensured not to use this product due to the fact it's not as customizable as buildium nor accounts as well.

Software anterior

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

I have used buildium for years. I knew they could customize a plan and payment specifically for our property rather than Trying to use a rental program for an hoa.
Tim

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great product for property management

Revisado el 10/3/2021

Buildium has been great for property management. Online applications/background checks, epay, and the resident portal have proven to be daily uses in our business. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Puntos a favor

epay. It's worth it for that. To be able to get paid online seemlessly is great. Communication being automated around payment is wonderful, too -- specifically, the lease ledger, automating late fees, and payment reminders.

Desventajas

We list properties for rent that do not have bed/baths on them - specifically, RV pad sites and commercial lots. Buildium does not allow us to list properties without the bed/bath requirement. This becomes confusing to prospective tenants when these listings are on our website and published elsewhere.

Razones para elegir Buildium

Was speaking about my challenges with Cozy with another property manager. They told me about Buildium. I made the switch that day.

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

The recommendation of a trusted property manager.
Donald

Buildium is Fantastic

Revisado el 24/6/2021

Buildium has given us the tools to streamline our processes and make daily tasks easy. The online software makes it accessible no matter where the staff are located so that work orders, rent input, communications, etc. can be handled in real-time and on the spot. Everything from leases to lease renewals, maintenance requests to inspections are all in one spot, easily accessible. No more paper files to thumb through. The administration of property management has never been such a breeze.

Puntos a favor

As an accountant, the accounting features are awesome. Online payments make tracking incoming rents easier since there is less leg work. You can setup priorities on how payments are applied. The program is easy to use and to navigate. Buildium provides tutorials that are great training tools for new and even experienced users. Buildium was easy to setup and integrate into our company.

Desventajas

I have yet to find any complaints with Buildium's program. There are continuing to improve and add features on a quarterly basis. There were no issues switching to this software from our previous system.

Razones para elegir Buildium

UDS was outdated and did not come with nearly the features Buildium was offering. It was time for a major upgrade.

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

Like us, Buildium was growing their business and it felt more personable then the other software options.
Cynthia

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Glad we use this system!

Revisado el 20/3/2022

Rents are collected faster and easier. Especially now that fuel prices have risen, and we use a Post Office Box for our Business, this eliminates frequent trips to the Post Office to get rents. AND, the software tracks it all! In fact, we charge the residents who opt OUT of our Portal a fee when we have to process their paper payments (trip to the Post Office, bring back to office, trip to the bank).

Puntos a favor

Residents can pay their rent and management billed utilities on line. Even those residents who are not computer savy, we can set up their payments for them (with their written permission, of course).

Desventajas

Sometimes I feel the techs who write the instructions forget that not everyone is computer savy, so it takes time for the average user of the product some time to figure it out.

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for submitting this review. I'm glad to see that we're not only saving you time, but money as well!

Tony

Poor Website

Revisado el 23/1/2023

Software it great, easy to use and navigate. Website is not great and limited in customizing or changing.

Puntos a favor

Easy of use from the user end. What I like about the company is the always are trying to improve in areas that need it.

Desventajas

I don't like the website. It looks old and not professional. Other software companies allow the use the ability to have a website made for them for a cost and buildium does not. As my company has grown it would be nice to show how we are professional and a good management company with a modern more professional website.

Razones para elegir Buildium

Payments online, user login for remote locations not just office.

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

At the time cost. I was ok not having a good website at the time cause we needed better software. But the competition offer better looking websites even at that time.

Respuesta de RealPage

Thanks for such a thorough and thoughtful review! We love to see that you are finding the software easy to both use and navigate.

Did you know that our new Buildium Marketplace now has an integration with goodjuju, a service that can build you a modern website complete with SEO optimization, mobile-ready designs, and more? To learn more about goodjuju as well as many other partnerships, sign into your Buildium account and go to Integrations > Marketplace.

Hope that helps!

Jackie

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Customer service used to be great.

Revisado el 6/9/2022

While using the mass email function to send owner reports I've had multiple issues with the system not recognizing owner email addresses. I've called customer service and emailed and still have no resolution. The first 1 1/2 I was with Buildium were fantastic. Customer service was helpful and always had the right answer. About a year ago something changed and calls to customer service no longer produce results. I'm considering switching to a new program.

Puntos a favor

I like the ease of use, little training is needed to make full use of the system.

Desventajas

The owner portal isn't as easy to use as expected.

Razones para elegir Buildium

Simplifyem didn't have all the features needed to efficiently run my business. Their customer service hours were 9 am to 5 pm PST, I'm located in Indiana which is EST and means that their customer service hours are 12 pm to 8 pm.

Software anterior

SimplifyEm

Razones para cambiar a Buildium

Buildium offered a better price and the features were adequate.

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your review. We are always working to invest in the software and the people that support it. Stay tuned!

Kari
Kari

Buildium is Easy to Use- always

Revisado el 27/8/2018

I train multiple users of Buildium to use it, help fix issues as they occur. Buildium makes it very easy to do and explain. I use it everyday doing the books in full for several accounts. I never cringe when investigating accounts for other peoples' errors because Buildium is so clear.

Puntos a favor

*Ease of use cannot be overstated
*Screen aren't overly "busy" and the fonts are easily read, layout is obvious
*Accuracy and flexibility to make all accounting coherent and easy to explain to brokers/owners
*Reports generate quickly and while viewable on the screen can zero in on specific transactions, with interactive links
*Ability to email individual reports or export in a variety of printing styles
*Bank reconciliation and tie-out cash to properties and owners and company is simple
*Communications have improved a lot in the past year - SMS tracking communication with tenants is much better.
* banking window is AWESOME Being able to select by property and dates... Wonderful!!

Desventajas

*Reporting fails - prints two pages when unnecessary, waste of paper, most people want one pagers
- inability to email all owners their statements to each owner all at once. Can email individual reports only. Can't select properties on the fly- have to create a printing Group first.
*Email addresses in owner and tenant records still tried to jump outside of Buildium instead of taking you to a simplified email interface within for tracked communications.
Sometimes it's a little clunky navigating back and forth to common areas like between lease and property
*Inability to produce a Invoice to the owner for reimbursing the broker/property manager or other vendors as needed. Owner statement doesn't reflect bills for the property entered but not yet paid.

Karen
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Best investment of our HOA

Revisado el 4/6/2019

Bookkeeping and reports are easy to enter and pull. Reconciliations are flawless. When I figured out that we could save documents/invoices by entering all outgoing payments as bills first, it was GREAT! The approval process is really good for checks and balances in our management of the community. One of the issues that I believe will be solved in the next 10 years is that some of our most elderly residents (usually those in their 80's) don't like portals and believe that their information will not be secure. Younger residents don't seem to have the same issues (by younger I mean anyone under 80). In 2017, when we took over management from a management company, we had a treasurer who wanted to do accounting and tracking with spreadsheets and was literally afraid of online software. He was over 80. Because of the time it takes to manage a community as a volunteer, it is usual to have elder individuals involved in boards and committees. We have it down to a handful of those who refuse to go to their portals. Lastly, my request to have an online process for architectural control does not seem to have gotten to the front of the line. It would be so beneficial for us to have that to be able to streamline another process for self-management.

Puntos a favor

Buildium has been great for our resident managed HOA. We did a thorough vetting job in choosing our management software, and it has lived up to what we hoped for. The books are right there, and we can allow anyone to see all that is going on at any time. Board members and volunteers have different levels of access, and that has made it easy for reporting. Resident portals are great, and the communication is easy.

Desventajas

Size of documents/invoices you can is smaller than needed, so I often have to split documents into parts which is annoying. The email took doesn't allow cut and paste of a pdf into the body of text. I always have to send our newsletter as an attachment. Sometimes q & a does not answer my questions for simple things -- such as, I misspelled the name of a new owner, and it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to correct, because there was no answer provided in q & a. My biggest "complaint" would be that this is rental focused in some regard, and we have no tenants. We only have owners, and residents sometimes tell us they are confused by the things that say "tenants" or refer to rentals.

Katie

Property Management Software - works very well for non accounting backgrounds

Revisado el 24/9/2019

Automation is HUGE! online payment is HUGE! It's connecting my tenant/client requests with my staff and subsequently my vendors - less mess to sort through!

Puntos a favor

I don't have to have a degree in accounting, between features, FAQ's and support, I've always been able to resolve issues. Love that it streamlines my processes into one central place and that I have a good overall place for myself, my assistant, my clients and tenants to look at things. Love online payments and ability to pay out to owners and vendors online as well! Software has fantastic capability to shift easily with the changing needs of business (growth or even if we were to pull back a bit - affordable and seamless transition!)

Desventajas

The vendor/owner portals are difficult and messy. Also, my vendors can see ALL work orders, not just their own for a property they have access to. They have to go under maintenance just to find work orders (not intuitive). Would be awesome if they could just reply to the emails the system sends and have those replies/files be uploaded as communication on the work order.

Loading pictures is ok but difficult to reorder. Also, would like to be able to load pictures in an area that show things like appliances/etc but not necessarily show on the listing

If I enable "files" to be seen, then people can see ALL things under files - not just those pertinent to the properties they are enabled for.

If I send an email to all owners or all tenants, it does not save under their individual communication logs - I have to go into a specific lease/tenant/owner/etc then go to communications to start an email otherwise it's not in the log.

Would like to have multiple work orders under tasks - sometimes I need a General, a plumber and an electrician to complete the same task, for example.

In the banking area, I'd like the property balances to reflect how much is deposit/property reserves so that I can see I'm where I need to be at a glance. I'd also like to be able to make more than one reserve account per property (i.e. taxes, maintenance)

I'd like ONE application email - not one plus the credit check (maybe the app has a link to the chk

Charles
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

A great choice for property rentals (with a few limits)

Revisado el 28/1/2022

Overall, I am very happy that I've made the switch to Buildium. While there was a small learning curve (as expected), the training we received was excellent. While there are a few limitations to the software for my business model, it works and we've been able to adapt our processes easily to fit Buildium's work flow. As with any accounting software package, it may not be able to do everything your business requires, but it does work and it does work well.

Puntos a favor

All in all, this software works great, and is very stable. The process flow is intuitive and simple, but as with every software, has it own unique quirks. Once you get the process flow down, it does pretty much everything you could want a property rental software to do. This software is more directed at either individual landlords, or property rental companies who rent other people's property. If you're a company who self-owns a group of properties, just know functionally the software works great, but some of the reporting options and budget options won't fit that business model exactly.
The functionality is there, and it works well. Incoming payment processing, and the automatic tracking of it works really well, and the multiple payment options are great for my customers.
Moving from a traditional quickbooks-style accounting software to the online system, has been great. The functionality to log-in from anywhere (including mobile) to access the system is a huge improvement, and allowing multiple users to log-in at the same time is great. A bunch of the manual entry and accounting minutia that I experienced before has been removed from my plate.

Desventajas

From my customer's perspective, there are two main short comings of the software package. The first is the mobile app -- I'm told its slow and clunky to use. The general consensus of my customers is the web portal is superior and much easier to use. The second is the length of time a financial transaction takes. The transaction time for a credit card payment is typically end of day or next business day (not an instant charge), and an ACH is typically 2 business days to pull (so a customer can initiate the payment Friday, but not have money removed from their account until Tuesday.)

From the business/accounting side, while all the data is there in Buildium, you can't do much easily with that data. The reporting side is very limited. While there are roughly about 20 reports built into Buildium, they are limited. There are the obvious Balance Sheet, P&L, Delinquent Customers, etc. reports -- it's pretty much limited to those built in reports. Getting data out of Buildium to play with in Excel is difficult, and the lack of reporting options can be disappointing.

As stated before, the reporting and budgeting options in this software lends itself well to looking at houses at an individual level, but if you're a company who self-owns many properties - you won't be able to budget along the traditional company level -- all budgets are locked to specific houses.

Money Transfer Times - money transfer is moderatel slow - 2-3 days for Credit/ACH, 5 bus days for Retail

Hi Charles,

Thanks for writing your honest review! We're glad that you're having a great experience, and that you're happy with the training you received.

It's clear that data for reporting is important to you. We are always working on ways to improve upon our reports, and we could always use feedback on how they can be more useful. You can submit a feature request through the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

Pamela

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

We have been using Buildium for just over two years now and I could not love it more!

Revisado el 2/2/2018

I had been using a DOS based management program for nearly 20 years and had to go online due to the changes in technology. It was a very stressful time trying to find a program that could do what we needed and was affordable and that I could manage on my own. Buildium has been the answer. We LOVE the online payment option for our tenants and landlord. We LOVE all the reports and the way the accounting process is set up. Most of all, we LOVE the excellent customer support we recieve from the Buildium team. The whole experience has been outstanding.

Puntos a favor

The customer service is OUTSTANDING! There is no way to be able to solve all the problems of transitioning to a new program on your own; I tried that with another program, using the excellent documentation they had provided but was never able to overcome some of the posting problems I encountered. I ended up frustrated and stressed out from being unable to understand how the program wanted me to do things. However, when I ran into any problem with the Buildium program, all I have to do is submit a support ticket. I normally recieve an answer back within 24 hours. If it is a serious problem, I call customer service and I am ALWAYS able to reach a LIVE, FRIENDLY, American speaking Specialist that is able to see what my program is doing and walk me through the problem to the point that I can manage it and they always explain what is going on so I can understand it!! It is the absolute best program I have ever used, in any field, in my entire 40 year career in Property Management! And they are constantly updating the program and making it better! I don't think I have ever been happier with a buying decision in my life. I highly recommend this program and company to anyone who is going to be managing real estate.

Desventajas

The ONLY thing I can think of that I don't like about this program is that one of the report sorts I use is done by the owner first name, instead of last name and the security depsoit breakdown report is done by Owner name, instead of the Tenant Name. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing to complain about. It is a great company!

Hi Pamela,
Thank you for leaving your review. Your opinion is invaluable to us and we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience with Buildium!

Best,
Elizabeth Gill
Senior Customer Marketing Manager

Alondra
Alondra

ONE OF THE BEST PM SOFTWARES OUT THERE! Easily 4.7 out of 5 ⭐

Revisado el 24/10/2023

Overall, I would say since day 1 of using Buildium I was easily able to navigate through it and udnerstand where everything was. I would say this has been one of the most user friendly tools I have worked with, so if you're looking for a user friendly platform this is it! There's also a ton of features and a lot of ways for one PM company to use this collaboratively which only adds points to it. I've had a really good experience with Buildium, with their support and I can comfortably say I would reccomend them :)

Puntos a favor

I mainly work with application processing and screening, as well as applicant/prospect communication. I've experienced other softwares where it's super difficult to track stages or completion of certain "checkpoints" but with Buildium it's super easy! You can customize checlists on the application to easily keep track of what needs to be done and also so your team can easily view the current status. Another great bonus point is the screenings are very thorough and are ready within minutes of requesting them and overall the platform is super user firnedly, all information has a place and I find it really easy to operate.

Desventajas

Overall I really don't have any major issues with the platform, my only one is the security measure it has in place sometimes while running payments with the same payment method. If it happens to be that 2 applicants submitted a payment with the same card, it requires a small buffer time between each application payment being processed. It's not really a big deal but I'm big on having my "flow-state" so it just kills my vibe sometimes a litte bit, but outside of that I believe strongly that Buildium is a tool that is constantly maintained and updated and there's no major flows to its functionality!

Respuesta de RealPage

Alondra, you're making our day over here at the Buildium office. Thanks for such a thoughtful review!

Wayne
  • Sector: Servicios para instalaciones

Great value in a property management Swiss Army Knife

Revisado el 18/1/2024

I would say that Buildium has turned what was a loathed but necessary process into one that is 95% smooth and enjoyable. The ease of calling up specific internal Reports and making them available to appropriate audiences is a breeze, and it's accomplished with visual touches that add a lot of professionalism to the presentation.

For those who are not familiar with it, your stock will go up as people will be amazed at how fast you can provide relevant responses. Inquiries that used to take weeks to wend their way through a CPA and his staff, can now be generated in five minutes and sent back to the inquirer. We have cut our external accounting costs significantly by doing internally what used to be sent out for routine addressing...knowledge is power.

Puntos a favor

It is a comprehensive set of tools that can handle, to a greater or lesser extent, whatever you throw at it. I would not dream of managing the property I do if it meant returning to the former ad hoc, cobbled together process.

Buildium shows the net benefit of having an integrated, systematic handler that does not require having to trouble shoot different resource modules or integrate app functionality, the things that can drive you to distraction instead of providing efficiencies.

It is obviously a tool that has had thoughtful design at its core, with ongoing updates and expansion of functionality as feedback on it is digested.

Desventajas

The thing that makes Buildium so good is the thing that trips it up, at least a bit, in making it compliant and compatible in accounting function. As software, it was, by far, the best integrated accounting tool that was part of a larger management tool.

But because it is not specific to accounting, we had to do a rain dance for awhile to bring it and our accounting firm's approach into cohabitation. There are things Buildium can't do, and to their credit, will be transparent about in suggesting work-arounds that are usually reasonable and not kludgy.

When considered in the context of what it can do, this shortcoming is really immaterial, IMHO. It is flexible enough to handle multiple properties yet tame enough to make it a great choice for small HOAs and similar, less arduous, environments.

Respuesta de RealPage

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and thorough review, Wayne. The fact that Buildium is making things more enjoyable is supremely gratifying to know.