Rollbar

Falla de pila completa y seguimiento de problemas para aplicaciones web y móviles

Relación calidad-precio
Funcionalidades
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

de los usuarios recomienda esta aplicación
Ordenar por

260 opiniones

Daniel
  • Sector: Internet
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Rollbar does its job and then gets out of your way (until you need it)

Revisado el 16/7/2020

Super happy with Rollbar. Have used it on multiple projects, but in Recipe Cost Calculator specifically for probably at least seven years.

Puntos a favor

Rollbar was easy to integrate and provides multiple libraries to integrate depending on what languages you're programming in. It reports errors well, it's reliable, the API and libraries are super flexible. I'm sure I only use about 20% of the overall functionality.

Desventajas

Nothing that I *overly* dislike about Rollbar. I think that some of the UI could be improved a bit on the admin dashboard, some things are really nit-picky like I don't like the way that text or lines wrap in certain places. Any complaints I have would be bordering on trivial.

Alfredo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Thanks to Rollbar we are able to provide proactive customer support

Revisado el 16/7/2020

Limited capabilities for filtering slack notifications. Suspect deploys produces a lot of fake positives. Automatic grouping doesn't work so well.

The frontend error tracking is too noisy as it detects also errors out of our scope as the errors provoked by browser extensions, bots, non-supported browsers, etc. This makes the frontend tracking useless as we can't trust the alerts as we do for the rest of the stacks.

Puntos a favor

Very powerful tracing at an individual level, easy to set up, very advanced querying capabilities, smart errors grouping, telemetry feature is quite powerful, the integration with slack is very good with a native experience. Github integration is also great.

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

Cheaper and more specialized in the problems we wanted to solve: Realtime error tracking: it completes our feedback loop to detect errors as soon as we deploy new code. Its deployment integrations make it easier to guess what deploy introduced the bug. Debugging: the individual level tracing allows us to easily debug reported bugs. It is easy to enrich the errors with customers' properties that we can later filter by. Proactive customer support: notify customers about errors that probably they haven't noticed but we have already solved.
Ayhan
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Unusable product with no customer support

Revisado el 10/7/2020

My overall experience with this product is quite negative. Last year I noticed that when my teammates mention me under a specific item (a bug) I didn't receive any emails. This is quite important because the product doesn't offer any alternatives to get notified about those issues. There are no webpage notifications. There is no way to search for bugs that you were mentioned. The only alternative is to go through hundreds of web pages and use Cmd + F to see if someone mentioned you, asked you a question, assigned a task to you, or some other thing that is important for your daily job.
I wrote to their customer service explaining the issue. Our initial correspondence took almost a month for me to convince them there is in fact a problem and I didn't receive emails. After convincing them, I was told that I could get a reply in a few weeks. I followed up one month later, and they asked for a few more weeks. Another month passed and they basically said this was a low priority issue and they don't know if and when it will be fixed. I wasn't even offered any workarounds.
Since then, I get an automated email from them once in a while asking me to rate their product. I give a low rating, explain the situation, a couple of months passes and I get the same email.
I work in SaaS, I do understand the need for prioritization and the lack of resources but having a critical feature that doesn't work for a customer and not bothering to offer any alternatives are a big no for me.

Puntos a favor

It allows me to track some bugs and act quickly.

Desventajas

Lack of customer support and the bad user interface.

Christopher

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

I love you guys! If I could rate you higher than 10 I would!

AMAZING!

Puntos a favor

So There is a lot to unpack here: As a software developer, having access to the WEB DASHBOARD is amazing We start our day and prioritize our work around what we see in this dashboard, the SLACK INTEGRATION makes this process even better, as we can see errors in real time before the end-user and proactively respond without having to call or confirm what the user does thanks to THE WONDERFUL TELEMETRY that we get. Also we build software with Rails, JS, Python, AWS Lambda, and all of your libraries work the same way as expected. Wonderful! You also sent my company a blue rollbar shirt a few years ago - IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE! also: YOUR UPTIME is better than just about anyone - Auth0, Gitlab, Dockerhub - have all had issues this year with uptime , and the most we've seen from you all has only been a small delay in processing. Nothing major.

ADDITIONALLY - I discovered a bug last month with rollbar and reported it to a community rep - AND YOU FIXED IT THIS RELEASE. FAST! As a fellow software developer I know how hard it is to get issues addressed, not to mention prioritized and deployed.

In short I love you, and love your company and I tell everyone that!

Desventajas

I wish I could come up with something, but you astound me. I'd complain about a bug I found in Rollbar Js, but you fixed it in 2.18!

Razones para elegir Rollbar

because this "simple - just log the error" work is soo soo hard to get right! and you do it!

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

We did a demo / test implementation of each and your solution just crushed them as far as ease of use and "it just works" ness
David
  • Sector: Banca

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Great error tracking tool for the money paid

Revisado el 20/7/2020

Real-time error tracking, as soon an error pops up on test or production environment, we get an alert on slack and act on it.

Puntos a favor

It is simple to customize grouping rules, you can easily propagate notifications settings to all projects so they are matching, easy to customize, easy to integrate.

Desventajas

We have to pay much more to have a simple feature like viewing all projects' errors in a single view.

Razones para elegir Rollbar

It was difficult to customize the error grouping as we needed to fit our needs.

Software anterior

Bugsnag

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

For the easiness of integration, customization and simple UI interface to manage everything.
Michał

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The best error monitoring tool I ever used!

Revisado el 18/7/2020

We used Rollbar for last few years and many projects and it always work great!
Rollbar go fast forward for the last few years with a new features and improvements.

Puntos a favor

Rollbar is very easy to configure and use in our stack (Ruby + .NET + React). Rollbar gather error information with many details about situations it occurs.
Interface is very intuitive and have option to set up many notification destinations (we use Slack + daily reports on mail).

Desventajas

We didn't experience any cons about Rollbar

Bugsnag

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

Rollbar is more intuitive and have a lot of integrations with existing frameworks like Vue, React, Rails
Gabriel
  • Sector: Seguros
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Good for heroku & first implementation

- Price is really good
- It's realy easy to set up
- UI is intuitive and simple
- You can trace logs easily, once you setup 'People' tab
- Integration with slack and other notification tools
- Easy to integrate with Heroku's app

Desventajas

- UI could be somehow better, leaner like a sentry.io
- Features for breadcrumbs or tracing could be easier to implement
- Fingerprinting and error aggregation could be easier to setup, no complicated DSLs

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

Pricing and easy to setup with Heroku, basicaally
Gianluca
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A fast and integrated solution to keep user generated errors under control

Puntos a favor

How easy has been to integrate it in our services and software.
The mail notifications that inform you of new errors.

Desventajas

Nothing. For now, It has proven to be a solution for our use case.

Bugsnag y Airbrake

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

Beside the very affordable pricing model, we choose Rollbar for its price and the support of all the different environments we use, Angular and AWS Lambda.
Usuario verificado
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Nice tool for error tracking and logging

Revisado el 15/4/2022

It is integrated with my project I use it to track bugs, log info and improve performance.

Puntos a favor

It is easy to use, UI is great, easily integrated with my project. easy to send errors and logs.

Desventajas

UI for seeing the occurrences of an item needs some work, sometimes there are a lot of fields in an occurrence and the horizontal slider was given all the way to the end which is inconvenient.

Shprotiv
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

Easy to Track

Revisado el 11/11/2022

Puntos a favor

Easy to track, beautiful dashboard, help to getting alart on bugs, mainly customized and categoried.

Desventajas

Filtering capabilities are not to the mark,automatic result is not always accurate. Error occurs in many cases.

Jonathan

The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software

Revisado el 26/9/2016

Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue.

Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating.

Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system.

I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications.

Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users.

Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great:

Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception.

Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers.

Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved

Archit
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Robust product but issues in testability

Revisado el 10/7/2020

Overall, I like Rollbar and I hope to see some improvements in its functionality in the future.

Puntos a favor

Rollbar's integration in our architecture is one of the easiest I have seen so far in terms of any small third-party service. A quick setup with token and environment, and you're done. I like how it can map the errors with timelines and usage. The most amazing thing is its seamless integration with Slack, to which we send all of our critical alerts.

Desventajas

I wrote a Go application for which Rollbar recently announced a client. The integration was easy as usual. However, I couldn't write unit tests around it. I wanted to mock the function calls using the widely accepted method of converting the function to a struct and call via an interface. However, neither the root `rollbar` nor the `rollbar.Client` could be restructured in that way. I finally had to remove the token from the testing environment to control the flow of error messages.
Secondly, in our organisation people routinely shift from tribe to tribe to work on different features. And in some scenarios, certain individuals require temporary access to Rollbar platform to review the magnitude of error messages. I'd like if Rollbar adds an X days pass like feature, where I don't have to revoke their access manually.

Brian
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Sure beats a shared email inbox!

Revisado el 13/7/2020

Very positive and better priced for its features than some of its competitors. It also helps the pricing is by volume rather than users, which makes far more sense for this kind of product.

Puntos a favor

The ability to aggregate your bug/debug information into a single platform, with the ability to prioritize based on the severity and frequency. Sure beats our shared email inbox "solution". Integration into things like Slack are amazingly useful for highlighting Nth errors.

Desventajas

Inability to setup fine-tuned VCS integration, we have a multi-branch environment and only being able to set 1 git branch for all the environments basically nullifies any use it has outside of the production environment. We have setup all the environments in rollbar but there is no ability to map each to its own git branch.

Bugsnag y Raygun

Pricing to features ratio
Pepijn
  • Sector: Internet

Error tracking made easy

Revisado el 21/10/2016

I have been using Rollbar for about 3 years now, and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. They have a ton of platform integrations, but I have only integrated this service in Android and PHP projects. For most programming languages, they have their own API, but this product seems to be so popular that people are even writing wrappers around the API for frameworks.

Eg see https://github.com/jenssegers/laravel-rollbar

I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially because they also have an 'always free' formula, which gives you the opportunity to try it out.

Customer support is really decent, they're usually replying to your requests in 2 hours or less. And I'm not even in their timezone.

Puntos a favor

It's really easy to use, there's a ton of wrappers available for any programming language / framework, and they have an 'always free' formula, which I use for my personal projects

Desventajas

As with any online product, I don't like to pay :) But other than that, I can't say anything bad about it. And as I said, they have a free formula, which is great if you're just working on a small personal project

Thaine

Error Logs Simplified

Revisado el 7/11/2016

I'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help:

Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug.

Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for.

Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors.

I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!

Log Grouping
Stacktrace with local variables
Enivronment Separation

Desventajas

Something the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.

Alexander

Motivating time saver

Revisado el 1/4/2017

Motivating time saver
April 01, 2017 12:38

I'm a Rollbar user since the very beginning of the project. Before Rollbar I've switched a few ways of dealing with logs.

First, I was just reading logs when needed with tail and getting a weekly batch of errors by email. That was OK for local development and tiny projects but for bigger deployments that were useless because the amount of data.

Then I've found some offline log aggregation tools and these were OK but still required exporting logs, running these tools and checking results. Rollbar automates all that. You're getting a realtime picture of your errors. You can sort messages by the number of occurrences thus getting a good list to work on.

Another fun part is how it charges you. The more errors you have the more you pay. Rollbar motivates you to fix things to pay less.

At first, I've tried it in personal projects then in a huge commercial project that is already running for more than 7 years. Rollbar saved me hundreds of hours and I'm glad I've stumbled upon it back then.

Puntos a favor

Saves time. Usability. Features.

Desventajas

One in half a year there's a lag between sending an error and seeing it analyzed. Not a big issue though.

John
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Easy to use and setup

Revisado el 15/7/2020

Brilliant, literally set it and capture you errors.

Puntos a favor

I've used a lot of error tracking tools in the past but I was really pleased with Rollbar.

For node applications it's very well laid out, keys are provided for you server and your client setup.

Errors are tracked and logged for your application, broken down by which side the error occured.

And if an error has been recurring you can track it and log it easily, plus the emails give a good breakdown of the error from the code side.

Desventajas

None at present, I may like the UI navigation to be improved so you can administer the setup quicker but once it's in place it kind of runs itself.

Razones para cambiar a Rollbar

The documentation. Fit well with our setup and how recent the api libraries were updated.
Usuario verificado
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great Error reporting with minimal downtime

Puntos a favor

I have enjoyed how easy Rollbar is to set up with Ruby, Javascript and Ruby on Rails. Their libraries made it painless to set up and already start reporting errors. I don't know that half of the errors caught by Rollbar would have been fixed in the short turn around time as if we didn't have Rollbar. Rollbar is also user friendly and they are constantly putting up more features. My favorite feature is with a given error they include the stack-trace in my code and who wrote the code that is erroring out. This is very useful for debugging.

Desventajas

In short the downtime. Albeit very minimal, there have been some days I can remember that Rollbar was down for more than an hour and if I recall correctly a whole work day. These times it made it hard not to worry if anything is breaking or throwing errors. For this reason I have enjoyed having another performance monitoring product.

Alex
  • Sector: Organización de eventos

Error monitoring done right

Revisado el 6/4/2017

We're Rollbar customers for a about two years, moved to Rollbar after trying few other log aggregation services but none of them had features we needed or didn't deliver on their promise.

We're using Ruby on Rails, integration was a breeze, started receiving error messages in less than 5 minutes. The interface is easy to use, live feed works great showing errors as they come up, resolving issues and tracking deploys flows works perfectly. Also I can't recall when Rollbar had downtime or a bug, yet we see new gem releases regularly. I wish other services we use had such a robust infrastructure as Rollbar do.

Also I'd like to mention their exceptional support, with very quick responses from highly qualified agents that solve your problems spot on.

With Rollbar tools we manage to resolve majority of the issues as they happen, before customers contact our support teams.

Puntos a favor

Uptime, easy to use api, live feed, rql, people tracking, exceptional support

Desventajas

Unified dashboard between projects would be great, but can be implemented with their api

Matt

Stable & Valuable Software For Many Years

Revisado el 15/7/2020

Puntos a favor

The setup and integration with popular frameworks such as Ruby on Rails was easy and we have used it for at least five years with no issues.

Desventajas

Rollbar does a good job trying to group similar errors but of course there is always room for improvement in this area since it requires advanced pattern matching, machine learning, etc.

Cameron

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cost effective way to manage errors with your software

Revisado el 16/7/2020

Great tool to use, easy to set up and integrate with other apps. The dashboards are easy to understand and use and see all the important details easily.

Setup is relatively easy
Easy to see all the issues
Integrations with jira & slack

Desventajas

The RQL feature is quite difficult to use, most times it times out. I think this will be fixed with further updates.

Raygun

Price
Saransh

Rollbar for Production Safety

Puntos a favor

The setup is very simple and the instant notifications for any unhandled issues make this product very attractive to use. It is very developer friendly.

Desventajas

I do not have anything to add which I find less useful.

Miloš

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Easy to use and reliable service

Revisado el 10/7/2020

Rollbar works as expected and the level of information we get for each error is great.

Puntos a favor

Easy integration, slack notifications, level of details for each error

Desventajas

I would like to be able to see aggregate info from occurences of the same error, Airbrake offers something similar.

Best pricing options
Anuj

Current State of Rollbar

Puntos a favor

I love the immediate notifications for errors as users see them. Shooting for "Rollbar Zero" on a team can be the best way to reap value from the product. It gives immense visibility into what's failing.

Desventajas

Why it's failing is not often immediately obvious looking at the rollbar; we have to use multiple observability tools to figure that out. I also am not a huge fan of the UI, it's slow and cluttered and deters me from using it all the time.

- Grouping is not great
- If Rollbar goes down or stops sending messages, a lot of visibility is taken away -- it's reliability could be a reason why we don't continue using it in the future.

Mikuláš
  • Sector: Ocio, viajes y turismo

almost perfect

Revisado el 11/7/2020

Puntos a favor

easy integration, wide support, good error insights

Desventajas

sometimes our issues are spread across staging, production, separate server containers and environments - not sure how to display all of them at once

having troubles tracking errors in Embedded JS (EJS) templates